Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Art question
I have a quick question and I didn't know if I should come here, or in one of the art fourms x , x

My roomie, @Chingling , was talking to me and she doesn't know for sure if she is coming back to the site for sure or not, so she gave me permission to use one of her adopt lineart so I can earn treasure and keep her pretty lineart going for users.

My question is: Is that ok? and when I sign it, her username will be in the art so do I need to put in a corner something like "colored by Lunamyth"? or just leave it out and tell people to credit my coloring? I have no idea what the etiquette would be in this kind of matter.
I have a quick question and I didn't know if I should come here, or in one of the art fourms x , x

My roomie, @Chingling , was talking to me and she doesn't know for sure if she is coming back to the site for sure or not, so she gave me permission to use one of her adopt lineart so I can earn treasure and keep her pretty lineart going for users.

My question is: Is that ok? and when I sign it, her username will be in the art so do I need to put in a corner something like "colored by Lunamyth"? or just leave it out and tell people to credit my coloring? I have no idea what the etiquette would be in this kind of matter.
k9dHLsB.png tumblr_pcul5mIk4a1xpp0t6o2_100.png
I would recommend saying "original lineart by :friend: and colour by :you:" That way you're crediting both sides. '^'

Edit: Even if they said you can use it-
I would recommend saying "original lineart by :friend: and colour by :you:" That way you're crediting both sides. '^'

Edit: Even if they said you can use it-
@Namitorai

ok! Thank you so much!

I am still fairly new to the artist community, so I had no idea what I should do and I thought I better ask before I went off and did the thing.
@Namitorai

ok! Thank you so much!

I am still fairly new to the artist community, so I had no idea what I should do and I thought I better ask before I went off and did the thing.
k9dHLsB.png tumblr_pcul5mIk4a1xpp0t6o2_100.png
@Lunamyth

It's totally fine! I'm glad you asked pwp!
@Lunamyth

It's totally fine! I'm glad you asked pwp!
@Lunamyth if at all possible, if you can get her to make even a brief post on your thread giving express permission for you to use the lineart for profit, then there wouldn't be a problem. if it was just you saying it, there's not really anything to back it up, so technically you could have stolen it or be breaking terms of usage in some way.

as for credit, that's up to the two of you. some people ask that buyers link their adopts back to the thread or user profile of the artist, some people ask that buyers have textual credit (adopt by @ USERNAME), so on. you don't have to tag the image with your own username/ID, but as long as you have permission from your roommate, adding it wouldn't be an issue.
@Lunamyth if at all possible, if you can get her to make even a brief post on your thread giving express permission for you to use the lineart for profit, then there wouldn't be a problem. if it was just you saying it, there's not really anything to back it up, so technically you could have stolen it or be breaking terms of usage in some way.

as for credit, that's up to the two of you. some people ask that buyers link their adopts back to the thread or user profile of the artist, some people ask that buyers have textual credit (adopt by @ USERNAME), so on. you don't have to tag the image with your own username/ID, but as long as you have permission from your roommate, adding it wouldn't be an issue.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.