Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 5th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 136 137 138 139 140 ... 304 305
I have to agree with everyone saying that the Scrolls shouldn't retire because as of right now, you can change any feature of a dragon. You can change its Breed, Genes, and Color, so why wouldn't you be able to change what shape the eyes are? Like with the Tri-Color Scatterscroll, you would have to deal with the RNG element as payment for being able to change it.

A more personal reason for wanting this is because I would love for all of my Flight Ambassadors to have the Primal version of their eyes, but for some of them, like my Plague Ambassador, that's probably not going to happen. I spent actual millions of Treasure on my Ambassadors, and she can't easily be recreated through breeding. I can't afford/wouldn't want to rebreed all of my Ambassadors just for the eyes to change. I don't mind trying that in the future for the ones I don't have, but for the ones I do...
I have to agree with everyone saying that the Scrolls shouldn't retire because as of right now, you can change any feature of a dragon. You can change its Breed, Genes, and Color, so why wouldn't you be able to change what shape the eyes are? Like with the Tri-Color Scatterscroll, you would have to deal with the RNG element as payment for being able to change it.

A more personal reason for wanting this is because I would love for all of my Flight Ambassadors to have the Primal version of their eyes, but for some of them, like my Plague Ambassador, that's probably not going to happen. I spent actual millions of Treasure on my Ambassadors, and she can't easily be recreated through breeding. I can't afford/wouldn't want to rebreed all of my Ambassadors just for the eyes to change. I don't mind trying that in the future for the ones I don't have, but for the ones I do...
tFtivUoURYLbG.gif
This is absolutely amazing. Thank you so much guys!
This is absolutely amazing. Thank you so much guys!
This is so awesome!!!!! Thank you for all your hard work!! I love you guys <3
This is so awesome!!!!! Thank you for all your hard work!! I love you guys <3
Z3Lt3uB.png
I love the eye thing, I'm just a bit disappointed its *not* related to breeding. I imagine some people will be majorly angry if they get the perfect color combo after months of breeding and then feel its ruined because of the eyes or lack thereof.
I love the eye thing, I'm just a bit disappointed its *not* related to breeding. I imagine some people will be majorly angry if they get the perfect color combo after months of breeding and then feel its ruined because of the eyes or lack thereof.
Also, I'm upset that they changed the default eye's without telling us. I've seen a few posts with it, but I'd like to see a comprehensive list of changes from staff, upfront, about these changes instead of just quietly sliding them in this update.

(I'm not so upset that they decided to change the art, just that they refused to mention it)

As far as changes I've personally noticed
1. Art on coatls seems to be changed
2. Fire eyes are more yellow, less red
3. Plague eyes seem to be darker
4. I want to say light eyes look different (not 100% sure)
4. Male coatl ice eyes are honestly THE WORST now.
5. Art on PC F has changed

Also, I'm upset that they changed the default eye's without telling us. I've seen a few posts with it, but I'd like to see a comprehensive list of changes from staff, upfront, about these changes instead of just quietly sliding them in this update.

(I'm not so upset that they decided to change the art, just that they refused to mention it)

As far as changes I've personally noticed
1. Art on coatls seems to be changed
2. Fire eyes are more yellow, less red
3. Plague eyes seem to be darker
4. I want to say light eyes look different (not 100% sure)
4. Male coatl ice eyes are honestly THE WORST now.
5. Art on PC F has changed

Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
This is super fun, I love it! I've played around with it in the scrying workshop, very neat. Although..,

I've noticed, for Wind-flight eyes on Mirror dragons in particular, "common" doesn't look any different than "unusual," I'm not sure if that's an error? Uncommon and rare seem to work fine though.
This is super fun, I love it! I've played around with it in the scrying workshop, very neat. Although..,

I've noticed, for Wind-flight eyes on Mirror dragons in particular, "common" doesn't look any different than "unusual," I'm not sure if that's an error? Uncommon and rare seem to work fine though.
mglVXz8.png
It’s great that we’re getting more retiring items again, but maybe not ones that are consumable??? Especially when the percentages are so borked that it could take five or six vials before you get an eye type that isn’t uncommon. Three days to get them isn’t going to be enough and they’ll be like imperial scrolls in no time.

Also there isn’t much variation between some types on some of the poses (like uncommon and common on water spiral males, for example). Not sure if it’s a bug but if it isn’t, it’s kind of a bummer that there was so much potential.

This is incredibly concerning and disappointing
It’s great that we’re getting more retiring items again, but maybe not ones that are consumable??? Especially when the percentages are so borked that it could take five or six vials before you get an eye type that isn’t uncommon. Three days to get them isn’t going to be enough and they’ll be like imperial scrolls in no time.

Also there isn’t much variation between some types on some of the poses (like uncommon and common on water spiral males, for example). Not sure if it’s a bug but if it isn’t, it’s kind of a bummer that there was so much potential.

This is incredibly concerning and disappointing

The FitnessGram™ Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep]
A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start.
YES
YES
for_a_friend_by_mangajag-db23pp3.png
There needs to be something that turns the eyes into common- kinda like the remove scrolls!
There needs to be something that turns the eyes into common- kinda like the remove scrolls!
image.gif
ZbNAjCO.png
tqGkHih.png
H0t7Ypl.png
eTmFfQ7.png
mlHpBMC.png
Mesq6uj.png
5hF3FGk.png
R1dejfm.png
Addressing the "but if it retires it's more special" side:

Look. I recently saved up to get a Light Sprite. It felt magnificent, and I'm glad I accomplished it.

I still want re-released Sprites, personally, because I really don't like limited release items in general. But, fine, they were from the first year, and they're not limited use. Eventually a time will come when it's unlikely anyone's going to sell theirs, but the chance will still be there.

Which brings us to Imperial Scrolls. Now, those I get being limited. People spent real money taking a risk on a new pet game to get them. The day will likely come when there are no more, and that's fine. Imperials are easy enough to breed, and if by some miracle someone gets an Imperial Scroll, they know exactly what they're getting when they use it.

This? This is an RNG consumable item that may or may not get you what you want after multiple uses and in in fact probably won't depending on what you're going for. If I paid as much as I paid for my Light Sprite for one of these things to try and get, say, a Primal Fire dragon with a special ID number and got Slightly Lighter Fire Eyes, I would be... most vexed. And that's where retiring the scattersight is headed.

An RNG-dependent hard-limited item is a breathtakingly short-sighted idea for something so fundamental to the site as an individual dragon's aesthetics.

Like, I really love the idea of the eyes! I do! I just think the implementation is completely borked.
Addressing the "but if it retires it's more special" side:

Look. I recently saved up to get a Light Sprite. It felt magnificent, and I'm glad I accomplished it.

I still want re-released Sprites, personally, because I really don't like limited release items in general. But, fine, they were from the first year, and they're not limited use. Eventually a time will come when it's unlikely anyone's going to sell theirs, but the chance will still be there.

Which brings us to Imperial Scrolls. Now, those I get being limited. People spent real money taking a risk on a new pet game to get them. The day will likely come when there are no more, and that's fine. Imperials are easy enough to breed, and if by some miracle someone gets an Imperial Scroll, they know exactly what they're getting when they use it.

This? This is an RNG consumable item that may or may not get you what you want after multiple uses and in in fact probably won't depending on what you're going for. If I paid as much as I paid for my Light Sprite for one of these things to try and get, say, a Primal Fire dragon with a special ID number and got Slightly Lighter Fire Eyes, I would be... most vexed. And that's where retiring the scattersight is headed.

An RNG-dependent hard-limited item is a breathtakingly short-sighted idea for something so fundamental to the site as an individual dragon's aesthetics.

Like, I really love the idea of the eyes! I do! I just think the implementation is completely borked.
jtgoRWq.png
1 2 ... 136 137 138 139 140 ... 304 305