Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [GG] Scrying Challenge JUDGING
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 65 66
I went on a quest to find a mystic bird, and I was lucky enough to find one in valume A x3 I choose the [url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alicanto]Alicanto[/url]. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=148&bodygene=22&breed=13&element=1&gender=1&tert=140&tertgene=18&winggene=23&wings=148&auth=578849fcdb0bda27f3ca5903775b7efe398eed19&dummyext=prev.png[/img] (I quite like the Lapis. Does that makes me weird?)
I went on a quest to find a mystic bird, and I was lucky enough to find one in valume A x3
I choose the Alicanto.
dragon?age=1&body=148&bodygene=22&breed=13&element=1&gender=1&tert=140&tertgene=18&winggene=23&wings=148&auth=578849fcdb0bda27f3ca5903775b7efe398eed19&dummyext=prev.png
(I quite like the Lapis. Does that makes me weird?)
4oO1RBo.png *size = 525x100
[center][b]DAY ONE - BIRD CRYPTID[/b][/center] [center]The Thunderbird[/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/WqhXqfn.png[/img][/center] [i]"Lightning flashes and thunder rolls along like a deafening roar in the distance. Many have attempted to scale the treacherous mountainside in search of such an elusive, yet volatile creature however, few have ever sworn to return from such a feat. Some say the cryptid is the embodiment of lightening itself with static discharges rippling off of its feathers in an endless sea of currents, only ceasing its travels to roost upon the highest mountain peaks in the world. Other locals and legends claim that it traverses along the currents in the atmosphere, carrying along cumulonimbus clouds in its wake as it ravages vast plains as far as the eye can see. You keep these folklores and tales in mind as you approach the summit, wind lashing fiercely across your face, tearing at your clothes as you seek shelter from the relentless storm that rages dauntingly above your head. Threatening to stun you into an eternal paralysis. At such an altitude you realize that you're in a stressing situation and its then that you come to a decision- should you stay or should you flee? Taking what sounds to be the more secure option, you start to head back the way you came, figuring that the cryptid should remain just that, a legend." "Just as you're about to make your descent you can feel the hairs along your body stand at attention from the charged atmosphere and its then, when you turn your attention back to the summit you bear witness to perhaps the most spectacular event you have ever witnessed in all your years. A massive lightning bolt tears across the sky, colliding directly into the mountain just meters away from you. Shockwaves roll off the ground in pulses as the blinding light from the blast begins to take form and a piercing cry akin to thunder itself is released. Soon the electric storm yields its fury and in its place, standing with all its glory...the Thunderbird. Slowly the massive creature swivels its head towards you, piercing eyes staring right for you as if it was aware of your whereabouts the entire time, almost studying you. From you, the cryptid raises its head skyward and another thunderous call emits from its beak and just like that- it vanishes, almost as if in a flash..."[/i]
DAY ONE - BIRD CRYPTID
The Thunderbird

WqhXqfn.png

"Lightning flashes and thunder rolls along like a deafening roar in the distance. Many have attempted to scale the treacherous mountainside in search of such an elusive, yet volatile creature however, few have ever sworn to return from such a feat. Some say the cryptid is the embodiment of lightening itself with static discharges rippling off of its feathers in an endless sea of currents, only ceasing its travels to roost upon the highest mountain peaks in the world. Other locals and legends claim that it traverses along the currents in the atmosphere, carrying along cumulonimbus clouds in its wake as it ravages vast plains as far as the eye can see. You keep these folklores and tales in mind as you approach the summit, wind lashing fiercely across your face, tearing at your clothes as you seek shelter from the relentless storm that rages dauntingly above your head. Threatening to stun you into an eternal paralysis. At such an altitude you realize that you're in a stressing situation and its then that you come to a decision- should you stay or should you flee? Taking what sounds to be the more secure option, you start to head back the way you came, figuring that the cryptid should remain just that, a legend."

"Just as you're about to make your descent you can feel the hairs along your body stand at attention from the charged atmosphere and its then, when you turn your attention back to the summit you bear witness to perhaps the most spectacular event you have ever witnessed in all your years. A massive lightning bolt tears across the sky, colliding directly into the mountain just meters away from you. Shockwaves roll off the ground in pulses as the blinding light from the blast begins to take form and a piercing cry akin to thunder itself is released. Soon the electric storm yields its fury and in its place, standing with all its glory...the Thunderbird. Slowly the massive creature swivels its head towards you, piercing eyes staring right for you as if it was aware of your whereabouts the entire time, almost studying you. From you, the cryptid raises its head skyward and another thunderous call emits from its beak and just like that- it vanishes, almost as if in a flash..."
Being from water, I had to go with the thunderbird. It is supposed to bring rain and storms to the land, and every flap of its wings causes a clap of thunder. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=71&bodygene=17&breed=13&element=4&gender=1&tert=148&tertgene=6&winggene=20&wings=71&auth=eccf975f74f3ad15e491db3d1d31482db2ddd9f5&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Being from water, I had to go with the thunderbird. It is supposed to bring rain and storms to the land, and every flap of its wings causes a clap of thunder.
dragon?age=1&body=71&bodygene=17&breed=13&element=4&gender=1&tert=148&tertgene=6&winggene=20&wings=71&auth=eccf975f74f3ad15e491db3d1d31482db2ddd9f5&dummyext=prev.png
FR+2___he/him___tumblr_inline_p3wmc1XTnv1tc3swm_540.png
tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo10_250.png
w8o0xW1.png
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=167&bodygene=23&breed=6&element=8&gender=1&tert=56&tertgene=15&winggene=7&wings=41&auth=a4d2560d819a0928da86349f0486c7c04e9add7f&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [b]Day one: Bird-type Cryptids![/b] I made a Chickcharney! They are thought to have actually been Tyto Pollens, 1 meter tall flightless owls. Tyto Pollens are now extinct, thought Chickcharney sightings continue. They are described as ugly, three-foot-tall, owl-like creatures that grant good luck to those who treat it well and bad luck to those who treat it poorly.[/center]
dragon?age=0&body=167&bodygene=23&breed=6&element=8&gender=1&tert=56&tertgene=15&winggene=7&wings=41&auth=a4d2560d819a0928da86349f0486c7c04e9add7f&dummyext=prev.png
Day one: Bird-type Cryptids!
I made a Chickcharney! They are thought to have actually been Tyto Pollens, 1 meter tall flightless owls. Tyto Pollens are now extinct, thought Chickcharney sightings continue. They are described as ugly, three-foot-tall, owl-like creatures that grant good luck to those who treat it well and bad luck to those who treat it poorly.
If I'm OP, I'm SUBBED! Sig_Banner.png sig_by_farsidejr-dckwam8.png
[b]Day One[/b] As a Pokemon fan, I chose Achiyalabopa as my entry for the day. Achiyalabopa is a mythological bird with rainbow coloured feathers, and is also potentially one of the inspirations for Ho-Oh's design. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=94&bodygene=1&breed=13&element=11&gender=1&tert=28&tertgene=22&winggene=22&wings=79&auth=681629f43c72e20e556049e512220d1fabc689fd&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Day One

As a Pokemon fan, I chose Achiyalabopa as my entry for the day. Achiyalabopa is a mythological bird with rainbow coloured feathers, and is also potentially one of the inspirations for Ho-Oh's design.

dragon?age=1&body=94&bodygene=1&breed=13&element=11&gender=1&tert=28&tertgene=22&winggene=22&wings=79&auth=681629f43c72e20e556049e512220d1fabc689fd&dummyext=prev.png
IoOIjjo.png
I do like the watery birds, but I'm thinking the thunder is a bit contrasting with the rest of things. I personally did the Shangyang, which is the Chinese Rain bird. It dances upon one leg on the surface of lakes, and summons torrential rain to a region. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=22&bodygene=14&breed=13&element=4&gender=1&tert=126&tertgene=11&winggene=6&wings=136&auth=af6c6e591a4ba3700353526f25d5a89e8d014651&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I'll explain all my choices for this! I chose the Splash Jupiter because it looked like the surface of a lake that was being stirred up by a storm. The Cobalt Current is because it looked like falling rain, and went with the splash rather well. And the overcast thylacine is to seem like the oncoming storm, and add more detail to the tips of the wings. Lastly, I chose a female skydancer specifically for one reason: She's balancing on one leg, which imitates the way the shangyang dances
I do like the watery birds, but I'm thinking the thunder is a bit contrasting with the rest of things. I personally did the Shangyang, which is the Chinese Rain bird. It dances upon one leg on the surface of lakes, and summons torrential rain to a region.

dragon?age=1&body=22&bodygene=14&breed=13&element=4&gender=1&tert=126&tertgene=11&winggene=6&wings=136&auth=af6c6e591a4ba3700353526f25d5a89e8d014651&dummyext=prev.png

I'll explain all my choices for this! I chose the Splash Jupiter because it looked like the surface of a lake that was being stirred up by a storm. The Cobalt Current is because it looked like falling rain, and went with the splash rather well. And the overcast thylacine is to seem like the oncoming storm, and add more detail to the tips of the wings. Lastly, I chose a female skydancer specifically for one reason: She's balancing on one leg, which imitates the way the shangyang dances
AQqNlME.png
[center][b]Day 1 - Bird Cryptid[/b] Thunderbird [size=2]Underneath its wings are lightning snakes which the Thunderbird uses as weapons. Lightning is created when the Thunderbird throws these lighting snakes or when he blinks his eyes that glow like fire. Native American art portrays the Thunderbird with a huge curving beak and prominent ears or horns.[/size] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=59&bodygene=9&breed=13&element=11&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=1&winggene=13&wings=121&auth=3a8bdd3cc8bfc87974f858e96a36ff38b468c9db&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] Here's my Thunderbird-inspired design! Based on [url=http://www.cuyamungueinstitute.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Thunderbird-logo.jpg][b]this image[/b][/url] and information found [url=http://www.cuyamungueinstitute.com/articles-and-news/thunderbird-a-symbol-of-power-strength-and-nobility/][b]here[/b][/url]. Could I also be added to the pinglist? Thank you!
Day 1 - Bird Cryptid
Thunderbird

Underneath its wings are lightning snakes which the Thunderbird uses as weapons. Lightning is created when the Thunderbird throws these lighting snakes or when he blinks his eyes that glow like fire. Native American art portrays the Thunderbird with a huge curving beak and prominent ears or horns.

dragon?age=1&body=59&bodygene=9&breed=13&element=11&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=1&winggene=13&wings=121&auth=3a8bdd3cc8bfc87974f858e96a36ff38b468c9db&dummyext=prev.png

Here's my Thunderbird-inspired design! Based on this image and information found here.
Could I also be added to the pinglist? Thank you!
tumblr_pb9uos9TFI1v64nmoo2_r1_400.png ________________

Ray / FR+3
Wishlist
WvWDaily7.png
@hawchoo
I'd like to be on the pinglist please
@hawchoo
I'd like to be on the pinglist please
[item=Roc] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/16911.png[/img] 8D? [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=74&bodygene=5&breed=10&element=5&gender=0&tert=119&tertgene=16&winggene=6&wings=26&auth=cdbced3f5689b02c4225c7a54b6a0de79bb9783a&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Roc
16911.png

8D?

dragon?age=1&body=74&bodygene=5&breed=10&element=5&gender=0&tert=119&tertgene=16&winggene=6&wings=26&auth=cdbced3f5689b02c4225c7a54b6a0de79bb9783a&dummyext=prev.png
A stick of yellow butter with blue butterfly wings. At by MythicalViper!xCmYhaC.pngMA3bre1.png
@hawchoo - I'd like to be added to the daily pinglist please. :)
@hawchoo - I'd like to be added to the daily pinglist please. :)
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 65 66