Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gen 1 dragons are used for breeding?
1 2 3 4 5
Am just wondering if their used time to time on hatchery breeding projects?
Am just wondering if their used time to time on hatchery breeding projects?
Any dragon can be used for breeding projects. It's just about the genes, color, and breeds you want.

I prefer Gen 1s. I love gene projects, and like the "none" in the parents section. :)
Any dragon can be used for breeding projects. It's just about the genes, color, and breeds you want.

I prefer Gen 1s. I love gene projects, and like the "none" in the parents section. :)

Riven's Cauldron - Level 17 Cauldron, Free Brewing+ Payment on Delivery option!
@Shadoo

Depends on the player and the dragon.

Some breed Gen 1s as freely as any other dragon; some purposefully leave them unbred for the aesthetics and/or to increase their value.
@Shadoo

Depends on the player and the dragon.

Some breed Gen 1s as freely as any other dragon; some purposefully leave them unbred for the aesthetics and/or to increase their value.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
@Shadoo

I'd say the majority of people who collect gen1s don't breed them. They can be of course, but you'd need to put all the genes in yourself and you could probably buy a hatchling with the needed genes for a fraction.

But yeah, occasionally the might have colours that are so perfect you'd breed them
@Shadoo

I'd say the majority of people who collect gen1s don't breed them. They can be of course, but you'd need to put all the genes in yourself and you could probably buy a hatchling with the needed genes for a fraction.

But yeah, occasionally the might have colours that are so perfect you'd breed them
They can be but it's not exactly cost effective to buy two gen ones, gene them, breed them, and try to recover anything more than you would have got for buying two gen-whatever that already have applicable genes. Unless you already have the gened gen1 as a "labor of love", or it's the only dragon in this colors I suppose, I'd just get the already gened dragon for so much less. There is technically a market for g2 but unless it's an imperial, it won't add much value, it's just a title.
They can be but it's not exactly cost effective to buy two gen ones, gene them, breed them, and try to recover anything more than you would have got for buying two gen-whatever that already have applicable genes. Unless you already have the gened gen1 as a "labor of love", or it's the only dragon in this colors I suppose, I'd just get the already gened dragon for so much less. There is technically a market for g2 but unless it's an imperial, it won't add much value, it's just a title.
~She/her~
Don't be afraid to ping me
nature_small.png #UnnamedIsValid
Let them fight!
I breed my gened up gen one all the time. I don't normally care for them(as I value the gems I could get way more), but she was a present from the Plaguebringer on Halloween.

Venom makes all the poison babbies, just like mama likes.
I breed my gened up gen one all the time. I don't normally care for them(as I value the gems I could get way more), but she was a present from the Plaguebringer on Halloween.

Venom makes all the poison babbies, just like mama likes.
XTgWYyz.pnggPpaGUw.png
The only time I've really seen hatcheries for dragons that come from gen 1s is for imps
The only time I've really seen hatcheries for dragons that come from gen 1s is for imps
hourglass.gifYou'll be okayhourglass.gif
I have a page full of Generation 1 dragons that are not at all gened and I use them to breed fodder because that how I do. Because I can.
I have a page full of Generation 1 dragons that are not at all gened and I use them to breed fodder because that how I do. Because I can.
frshadow_sword_banner_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxzhh.png
Atm i’m leaving my Gen1s unbred until I gene them up
Atm i’m leaving my Gen1s unbred until I gene them up
pa4j.gif _ _______________
skye
any prns
fr +0

Nci3i99.png _ _______________
skye
any prns
fr +0

49zn.gif _ _______________
skye
any pronouns
fr +0

lykosbyfomeak.png _______________
skye
any pronouns
fr +0

49zn.gif _ _______________
skye
any pronouns
fr +0

dragon_doodles_roadkilled_sig.png _______________
road
any pronouns
fr +0
63782395_jQn5mCeAuPH7mh2.png
skyefall6309.gif _______________
road
he/she/they
fr +0
i consider gen 1s as no different than any other dragon. so if i keep them i breed them.
i consider gen 1s as no different than any other dragon. so if i keep them i breed them.
1586705.png2133444.png2075872.png1997799.png2128387.png
1 2 3 4 5