Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | I need some name help [5kt]
1 2
I need some names for a few of my new dragons [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41592057] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/415921/41592057_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41654113] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/416542/41654113_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41540846] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/415409/41540846_350.png[/img] [/url] EDIT: now paying 5kt to the people I choose names from....
I need some names for a few of my new dragons

41592057_350.png

41654113_350.png

41540846_350.png

EDIT: now paying 5kt to the people I choose names from....
I don't have any name ideas but those first two are stunning! The third is very pretty!
I don't have any name ideas but those first two are stunning! The third is very pretty!
MT1tHzE.png
@Aquarena

Albeit, I'm not very good at naming things, but if I had to name these cuties...

Spiral: Wisp

Female Skydancer: Lilith/Freya

Male Skydancer: Phantom..? Admittedly, I'm not sure for this one.

I tried to think of ghostly and ghoulish names to go with their tert and their overall cool colors. Wisp is from will-o-the-wisp, and the female Skydancer names were just names I thought fit her aesthetic.

(BTW: If you use these names, you don't have to send me treasure.)
@Aquarena

Albeit, I'm not very good at naming things, but if I had to name these cuties...

Spiral: Wisp

Female Skydancer: Lilith/Freya

Male Skydancer: Phantom..? Admittedly, I'm not sure for this one.

I tried to think of ghostly and ghoulish names to go with their tert and their overall cool colors. Wisp is from will-o-the-wisp, and the female Skydancer names were just names I thought fit her aesthetic.

(BTW: If you use these names, you don't have to send me treasure.)
Pix | She/her | Artist
Will eventually find use for this space.
Bump
Bump
Bump
Bump
Spooky
Scary
Skellington
Spooky
Scary
Skellington
tumblr_ozp7mdeVwC1w8xkufo2_250.png
A few ideas off the top of my hat:
  • Leviathan
  • Shine
  • Fragment
  • Shard
  • Rhyme
  • Shiawase
  • Kara
  • Ashanti
A few ideas off the top of my hat:
  • Leviathan
  • Shine
  • Fragment
  • Shard
  • Rhyme
  • Shiawase
  • Kara
  • Ashanti
fr_hatchery_button_small_by_naahva-dch05rf.png
[ Yoshi ]
[ +9h FR time ]
[ ger | eng | jpn ]
[ he / him ]
[ Language Learning Hub ]
naturef1.png
I think I have some pretty cool dragon names, if you want to skim over my lair... Avynluce is my progen, and Bandryc was her mate, but I wasn't that thrilled with him, dear old fellow, and decided to thank him and send him on :)

You can look to the parents' names for inspiration... one of my babies from Dauntlek and Lyssandra I named LyssaDawn. One of my family has a dragon with a caramel underbelly, and her name is Cara. Her bio says something like "Call me Care-a or Carr-a, just don't call me late for dinner."

I have one with a lovely shimmery irridescent look, and I named him Iridesson. His brother (who I either sold or exalted) was a princely, handsome fellow, and I called him Prynsom.

Also, look for deity or mythological names... Atlas, Apollo, Demeter, Venus, etc... for my wild looking mirror girls, I named them Durga and BainnSidhe (the celtic spelling of Banshee) - and I've seen people name their dragons Banshee.

Disney character names, favorite storybook names (I've seen "Hermione" on here, though it may not necessarily have been Harry Potter inspired).

Newspaper or magazine headlines
colors or gene names
something the dragon reminds you of - this is how I named Deepwater and AllNighter and Pristina and Chief and JerryGrateful, who looks like tie-dye (after Jerry Garcia, if you're not familiar with the Grateful Dead).

Maybe name dragons who look like dancers Fred or Ginger or Gene or Sammy Davis or any more recent famous dancing talent names (Sorry, I haven't seen Dancing With the Stars in like, 10 years - I don't own a TV anymore because I stopped watching it.)

Hope that helps :)
I think I have some pretty cool dragon names, if you want to skim over my lair... Avynluce is my progen, and Bandryc was her mate, but I wasn't that thrilled with him, dear old fellow, and decided to thank him and send him on :)

You can look to the parents' names for inspiration... one of my babies from Dauntlek and Lyssandra I named LyssaDawn. One of my family has a dragon with a caramel underbelly, and her name is Cara. Her bio says something like "Call me Care-a or Carr-a, just don't call me late for dinner."

I have one with a lovely shimmery irridescent look, and I named him Iridesson. His brother (who I either sold or exalted) was a princely, handsome fellow, and I called him Prynsom.

Also, look for deity or mythological names... Atlas, Apollo, Demeter, Venus, etc... for my wild looking mirror girls, I named them Durga and BainnSidhe (the celtic spelling of Banshee) - and I've seen people name their dragons Banshee.

Disney character names, favorite storybook names (I've seen "Hermione" on here, though it may not necessarily have been Harry Potter inspired).

Newspaper or magazine headlines
colors or gene names
something the dragon reminds you of - this is how I named Deepwater and AllNighter and Pristina and Chief and JerryGrateful, who looks like tie-dye (after Jerry Garcia, if you're not familiar with the Grateful Dead).

Maybe name dragons who look like dancers Fred or Ginger or Gene or Sammy Davis or any more recent famous dancing talent names (Sorry, I haven't seen Dancing With the Stars in like, 10 years - I don't own a TV anymore because I stopped watching it.)

Hope that helps :)
Oh, I love the name game... I'm still thinking about it! I'm a writer, and naming is something I do with great relish, and I hope, skill.

BTW, if you like and use any of my names, go ahead and hang on to your 5k, or buy your dragons a cute accessory instead of sending it to me - I can make 5k pretty quick, and I like the reward of having someone like one of my names enough to use it.

Sometimes I will wait until they are adults, because I've named babies before, only to feel like the names didn't fit the adult dragon. But, here are more ideas.

Skelly, Boney, Idyllwild, Samantha, Ivy, Redonkulous, Swan, Cherry, Valentine, Skippy, Silky, Bonkers, LadyLacey, Gus, Stallion, Prancer, Roxanne, Moxique, BrightEyes, Boxer, Buzzy, SweetPea (or SweetBee), Honey, Tapper, Webby, Petunia, Lorelei, Pele, ShiningKnight, Prince or Princess, BaronVonHusk, Karl, Marx, Groucho, Carrie, Carissa, Julissa, CottonCandy, Candy, Avalon, Llewellyn, Briton, Preston, Asia, Boreas, Camilla, Zelda, Billy, Stone, Walker, Landon, Brandon, Racquel, Bubbles, Knuckler... k, my head hurts now :)

Take any of that and change it a little... go to the auction house for ideas, I've done that a time or two.

Happy naming!
Oh, I love the name game... I'm still thinking about it! I'm a writer, and naming is something I do with great relish, and I hope, skill.

BTW, if you like and use any of my names, go ahead and hang on to your 5k, or buy your dragons a cute accessory instead of sending it to me - I can make 5k pretty quick, and I like the reward of having someone like one of my names enough to use it.

Sometimes I will wait until they are adults, because I've named babies before, only to feel like the names didn't fit the adult dragon. But, here are more ideas.

Skelly, Boney, Idyllwild, Samantha, Ivy, Redonkulous, Swan, Cherry, Valentine, Skippy, Silky, Bonkers, LadyLacey, Gus, Stallion, Prancer, Roxanne, Moxique, BrightEyes, Boxer, Buzzy, SweetPea (or SweetBee), Honey, Tapper, Webby, Petunia, Lorelei, Pele, ShiningKnight, Prince or Princess, BaronVonHusk, Karl, Marx, Groucho, Carrie, Carissa, Julissa, CottonCandy, Candy, Avalon, Llewellyn, Briton, Preston, Asia, Boreas, Camilla, Zelda, Billy, Stone, Walker, Landon, Brandon, Racquel, Bubbles, Knuckler... k, my head hurts now :)

Take any of that and change it a little... go to the auction house for ideas, I've done that a time or two.

Happy naming!
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41540846] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/415409/41540846_350.png[/img] [/url] Zephyr because he is a sky dancer and his colors suggest he needs something as carefree as a breeze For the female skydancer I suggest Andromeda. Because her colors suggest something bad imaginative and surreal as a distant galaxy @Aquarena

41540846_350.png

Zephyr because he is a sky dancer and his colors suggest he needs something as carefree as a breeze

For the female skydancer I suggest Andromeda. Because her colors suggest something bad imaginative and surreal as a distant galaxy
@Aquarena
“I look inside myself and see my heart is black
1 2