Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Survey] G1s vs G2+s? Results!
1 2 3
I filled it in for you.
I filled it in for you.
frshadow_sword_banner_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxzhh.png
I'd like a ping for results please :D
I'd like a ping for results please :D
4NA9bEO.gif
Need an ice nest? Just send food
I train dragons! Elemental egg or 250kt/g to lvl25, 2-3 days
If you're waiting on a response, please check username spelling and ping/PM again :)
mTHWciO.gif tumblr_inline_nsthqhH2Q11s23g03_540.png
@Surefire

I'd love to hear the results when they come in please!
@Surefire

I'd love to hear the results when they come in please!
ZryO5nF.pngW38Mj4I.pngU15OJEU.pngywWF0OY.pngZryO5nF.png
add me to pinglist for the results please~
add me to pinglist for the results please~
Always buying
Abyss/Gloom/X
Gen Ones.
Feel free to PM 8.png
wsTw09i.png
*Wishlist
*Art Shop
*Adoptables
*Skins/Accents
3R1xnew.pnglq7TbRo.png
Filled it out but I feel like it could've used a 'who cares about G2s' option.
Filled it out but I feel like it could've used a 'who cares about G2s' option.
Done! I'd love to see the results :D
Done! I'd love to see the results :D
Submitted a response, though I thought I'd discuss a couple of the things brought up on the form.

Since I have a theme focused on high-tech futurism, most of my dragons are going to be cyborgs or robots (and all other variations thereof). I have a self-imposed rule that any dragons that are manmade (dragonmade?) are G1 more often than not, just to reflect their non-biological origins. Though there are exceptions to this -- my XXY Abyss/Cyan and Sanguine/Ruby duo would cost unbelievable money to buy and I don't consider G1s (even good doubles or triples) to be worth the equivalent of hundreds or thousands of dollars.

I think a higher price tag is justified for good, cohesive ones because you rely soley on RNG to get a half-decent combination, but at the end of it all, the only thing separating a G1 from any other dragon is that its ancestry says "none"; not to mention that hatching/scattering a combo specific to your needs could potentially cost just as much money as, if not even more than buying a double or a triple upfront and weighs heavily on your time and patience to boot.

Offspring lists are a strange quirk I'll never quite understand, either. I don't care if a dragon was bred once, twice, fifty times, if it conflicts with my lore I just ignore it completely as I do with parenthood. Visual clarity is appealing, but I don't prioritize it to the extent that I'd be willing to pass up a dream dragon with every exact specification I have ever wanted solely due to its history. In general, I don't believe that the idea of "purity" should impact a dragon's value at all.

Tl;dr: G1s only have so much value to me, and beyond lore reasons for collecting them I don't care. That's my take on it all.
Submitted a response, though I thought I'd discuss a couple of the things brought up on the form.

Since I have a theme focused on high-tech futurism, most of my dragons are going to be cyborgs or robots (and all other variations thereof). I have a self-imposed rule that any dragons that are manmade (dragonmade?) are G1 more often than not, just to reflect their non-biological origins. Though there are exceptions to this -- my XXY Abyss/Cyan and Sanguine/Ruby duo would cost unbelievable money to buy and I don't consider G1s (even good doubles or triples) to be worth the equivalent of hundreds or thousands of dollars.

I think a higher price tag is justified for good, cohesive ones because you rely soley on RNG to get a half-decent combination, but at the end of it all, the only thing separating a G1 from any other dragon is that its ancestry says "none"; not to mention that hatching/scattering a combo specific to your needs could potentially cost just as much money as, if not even more than buying a double or a triple upfront and weighs heavily on your time and patience to boot.

Offspring lists are a strange quirk I'll never quite understand, either. I don't care if a dragon was bred once, twice, fifty times, if it conflicts with my lore I just ignore it completely as I do with parenthood. Visual clarity is appealing, but I don't prioritize it to the extent that I'd be willing to pass up a dream dragon with every exact specification I have ever wanted solely due to its history. In general, I don't believe that the idea of "purity" should impact a dragon's value at all.

Tl;dr: G1s only have so much value to me, and beyond lore reasons for collecting them I don't care. That's my take on it all.
aSAtN3z.png xxx
Quit reading my signature, nerd.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
He/him

Previously Neuromancer

Wishlist
@Neuromancer

You make some very interesting points. I didn't really think about using G1s for lore purposes, but its a very cool idea.

And I don't think dragon "purity" is what people are trying to go for when they want unbred dragons. At least, I don't. I'm sure there are people who have that idea, but I don't believe it's a large percentage (lol, I should have added a question asking about it).
@Neuromancer

You make some very interesting points. I didn't really think about using G1s for lore purposes, but its a very cool idea.

And I don't think dragon "purity" is what people are trying to go for when they want unbred dragons. At least, I don't. I'm sure there are people who have that idea, but I don't believe it's a large percentage (lol, I should have added a question asking about it).
k6Cyej3.png7t8FRGu.png
[quote name="Neuromancer" date="2018-05-13 10:06:49" ] I don't care if a dragon was bred once, twice, fifty times, if it conflicts with my lore I just ignore it completely as I do with parenthood. [/quote] I don't even wait to see if it conflicts with my lore; I just do it generally because I feel weird about including other people's dragons in the stories I write myself in my head. My one exception is that I have someone else's well-loved triple-basic dragon that I'm geneing up, and I don't think I'll be able to escape how happy the fact that he was well-loved and bred makes me; even though I wouldn't feel comfortable using his specific hatchlings in lore, the fact that he's had kids and a loving family is important to me. And, yeah, I agree with the stuff about the price tag being somewhat justified by being entirely reliant on RNG. That said, my only bought G1 was fodder price (I would not have bought her otherwise no matter how lovely I think her colors are in the right gene combo; I would have just saved the colors on a search and kept an eye out for them in the future) and the G1 market is flooded compared to ye olden days, etc etc. There's a lot of factors going into pricing and pricing fluctuation, and I've never entirely understood the dragon market, so trying to determine what G1 pricing "should" be with my personal dragon values was definitely the answer I was iffiest on. Even after answering I'm still flipping back and forth.
Neuromancer wrote on 2018-05-13 10:06:49:
I don't care if a dragon was bred once, twice, fifty times, if it conflicts with my lore I just ignore it completely as I do with parenthood.

I don't even wait to see if it conflicts with my lore; I just do it generally because I feel weird about including other people's dragons in the stories I write myself in my head. My one exception is that I have someone else's well-loved triple-basic dragon that I'm geneing up, and I don't think I'll be able to escape how happy the fact that he was well-loved and bred makes me; even though I wouldn't feel comfortable using his specific hatchlings in lore, the fact that he's had kids and a loving family is important to me.

And, yeah, I agree with the stuff about the price tag being somewhat justified by being entirely reliant on RNG. That said, my only bought G1 was fodder price (I would not have bought her otherwise no matter how lovely I think her colors are in the right gene combo; I would have just saved the colors on a search and kept an eye out for them in the future) and the G1 market is flooded compared to ye olden days, etc etc. There's a lot of factors going into pricing and pricing fluctuation, and I've never entirely understood the dragon market, so trying to determine what G1 pricing "should" be with my personal dragon values was definitely the answer I was iffiest on. Even after answering I'm still flipping back and forth.
Answered! I'd love to get a ping for results :)
Answered! I'd love to get a ping for results :)
Spr_5b_549.png
1 2 3