Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Good Pokemon for US/UM?
1 2
Hey FR! So, this time around in my Ultra Moon playthrough I've been having a hard time thinking of Pokemon to add to my party. I'm trying not to include pokemon I used in my Sun and Moon playthroughs, but that's proven pretty difficult.

Currently, my team is going to be Primarina, Zoroark and Tsareena, but I still need three more! Please recommend some good team members to me!
Hey FR! So, this time around in my Ultra Moon playthrough I've been having a hard time thinking of Pokemon to add to my party. I'm trying not to include pokemon I used in my Sun and Moon playthroughs, but that's proven pretty difficult.

Currently, my team is going to be Primarina, Zoroark and Tsareena, but I still need three more! Please recommend some good team members to me!
ice.gif
@Goobergirlie
Arcanine is good if you haven't used it in your Sun/Moon playthrough!
@Goobergirlie
Arcanine is good if you haven't used it in your Sun/Moon playthrough!
Screen_Shot_2018-07-13_at_12.50.14_AM.png
I love Pokemon! :)

Mimikyu's very fun to use if you haven't had one on your team already. So is Golisopod if you don't mind having another Water type. Bewear is a strong and bulky physical attacker (and it's cute, aww)

I also think that Mudsdale or Volcarona might work with your team so far.

Any of the Ultra Beasts are also tons of fun to use in my opinion because of their weird stats and appearances.
I love Pokemon! :)

Mimikyu's very fun to use if you haven't had one on your team already. So is Golisopod if you don't mind having another Water type. Bewear is a strong and bulky physical attacker (and it's cute, aww)

I also think that Mudsdale or Volcarona might work with your team so far.

Any of the Ultra Beasts are also tons of fun to use in my opinion because of their weird stats and appearances.
8ZHLRVU.png

ELPHAEL
...he/they...
FR time + 3
I6jEjhp.png x OHvqVtK.png

TLcyt8d.png
just throw anyone who you think looks cool since it's just the playthrough
just throw anyone who you think looks cool since it's just the playthrough
Signature.png
Shinies aren't too hard to get in Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun + Moon, so maybe you could whip up a cool team with a bunch of Shiny forms in it! :O
Shinies aren't too hard to get in Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun + Moon, so maybe you could whip up a cool team with a bunch of Shiny forms in it! :O
CLAN MYSTICALHEXANES...WHERE RAINBOW DRAGONS REIGN
I have a Lopunny in my UM team who kicks butt, she's my strongest. Bless the Return move lol. Because you can catch Buneary right at the start and you can get a soothe bell pretty early on as well, she was really easy to train and evolve.
My Litwick is also one of my most capable pokemon on the team, but it's annoying to actually catch (island scan on Saturday).
I have a Lopunny in my UM team who kicks butt, she's my strongest. Bless the Return move lol. Because you can catch Buneary right at the start and you can get a soothe bell pretty early on as well, she was really easy to train and evolve.
My Litwick is also one of my most capable pokemon on the team, but it's annoying to actually catch (island scan on Saturday).
Hoarding:
Wildwood Owlet 9 hours ahead of FR Sakura Owlet
Magnezone was so OP, he basically carried my team. Malamar is a very good choice too, he can be very fun to use and he has a fun cry.
Magnezone was so OP, he basically carried my team. Malamar is a very good choice too, he can be very fun to use and he has a fun cry.
I used a lot of glass cannons in my UM run, my main three before Ultra Necrozma and the E4 were Dusk Lycanroc, Salazzle and Jolteon. After that I started using my Zweilous/Hydreigon more cause he evolved, he couldn't hit very hard as a Deino cause his nature was better for his final evolution (a special attacker) than his first two (phys. atk)

I think for a while my team was Jolteon, Salazzle, Lycanroc, Deino, Metagross and Gyarados, but Necrozma messed that up a looot

But I second the Golisopod recommendation, he hits super hard especially if he knows First Impression, and I heard that water/bug is a good type defensively. Plus Golisopod looks absolutely amazing, he's one of the saviours of the bug type for me (along with Beedrill and Scolipede, and a few others). I'd pick him over Araquanid any day :d
I used a lot of glass cannons in my UM run, my main three before Ultra Necrozma and the E4 were Dusk Lycanroc, Salazzle and Jolteon. After that I started using my Zweilous/Hydreigon more cause he evolved, he couldn't hit very hard as a Deino cause his nature was better for his final evolution (a special attacker) than his first two (phys. atk)

I think for a while my team was Jolteon, Salazzle, Lycanroc, Deino, Metagross and Gyarados, but Necrozma messed that up a looot

But I second the Golisopod recommendation, he hits super hard especially if he knows First Impression, and I heard that water/bug is a good type defensively. Plus Golisopod looks absolutely amazing, he's one of the saviours of the bug type for me (along with Beedrill and Scolipede, and a few others). I'd pick him over Araquanid any day :d
cbaa17a5a06daa6a78029fcf8763b4844dd0e1a6.png .
...he/him | FR+8
@Fire lairs - please let me know
if you hatch a mint/ruby/hunter
dragon! I have a mighty need.
....OjYCOIV.png
US/UM are not particularly hard if you take the time to fight trainers and use Pokemon Refresh and the EXP. Share. At two hearts in Pokemon Refresh your Pokemon starts to gain bonus experience from every battle which, when combined with the EXP. Share, means your entire team will level up quickly. You can use pretty much any Pokemon you want because you don't have to worry as much about training and certain Pokemon hogging all the experience points.

Outside of the Totem battles, which range in difficulty from laughable easy to "why does Scizor learn Light Screen" difficult, there is only one really hard fight in the game. Anyone reading this who has beaten the game knows what fight it is. I won't spoil it, but if you are planning on using Zoroark you should be fine since Zoroark is the best Pokemon for that battle because of how Illusion works.

Based on your team's type distribution and overall stats of your Pokemon, you are going to have trouble with Grass-, Bug- and Steel-types, which there are a lot of in Alola. I would recommend adding some kind of Fire-type Pokemon to your team. Growlithe is the earliest Fire-type you can get aside from Litten and has two very good abilities in the form of Intimidate and Flash Fire. Intimidate is very, VERY good since most of time the AI won't switch meaning if you have a Pokemon with Intimidate you can just keep switching it in and out to lower your opponent's Attack to its lowest possible point. I cheesed my way through two Totem battles doing that with Ekans.

My team ended up being Incineroar/Arbok/Metagross/Jellicent/Aurorus/Rotom (you can't actually find Rotom anywhere, I had an empty slot before the E4 so I just send over a Rotom from Pokemon Sun.)
US/UM are not particularly hard if you take the time to fight trainers and use Pokemon Refresh and the EXP. Share. At two hearts in Pokemon Refresh your Pokemon starts to gain bonus experience from every battle which, when combined with the EXP. Share, means your entire team will level up quickly. You can use pretty much any Pokemon you want because you don't have to worry as much about training and certain Pokemon hogging all the experience points.

Outside of the Totem battles, which range in difficulty from laughable easy to "why does Scizor learn Light Screen" difficult, there is only one really hard fight in the game. Anyone reading this who has beaten the game knows what fight it is. I won't spoil it, but if you are planning on using Zoroark you should be fine since Zoroark is the best Pokemon for that battle because of how Illusion works.

Based on your team's type distribution and overall stats of your Pokemon, you are going to have trouble with Grass-, Bug- and Steel-types, which there are a lot of in Alola. I would recommend adding some kind of Fire-type Pokemon to your team. Growlithe is the earliest Fire-type you can get aside from Litten and has two very good abilities in the form of Intimidate and Flash Fire. Intimidate is very, VERY good since most of time the AI won't switch meaning if you have a Pokemon with Intimidate you can just keep switching it in and out to lower your opponent's Attack to its lowest possible point. I cheesed my way through two Totem battles doing that with Ekans.

My team ended up being Incineroar/Arbok/Metagross/Jellicent/Aurorus/Rotom (you can't actually find Rotom anywhere, I had an empty slot before the E4 so I just send over a Rotom from Pokemon Sun.)
I really liked using Araquanid for Lana's trial, but since you already have Primarina you might not want duplicates.

I recommend Mimikyu. Its ability gives it a free Substitute. And it's fast enough that with priority moves like Shadow Sneak, it can pretty much kill anything in its path, so long as it's not a Normal type. Salazzle is also a good choice if you can find a female Salandit. Corrosion isn't half bad as an ability. It's a bit slow, but when used right it'll destroy.

For my Sun team, I had Decidueye, Primarina, Incineroar, Lycanrock-Day, Alolan Raticate, and Salazzle.
I really liked using Araquanid for Lana's trial, but since you already have Primarina you might not want duplicates.

I recommend Mimikyu. Its ability gives it a free Substitute. And it's fast enough that with priority moves like Shadow Sneak, it can pretty much kill anything in its path, so long as it's not a Normal type. Salazzle is also a good choice if you can find a female Salandit. Corrosion isn't half bad as an ability. It's a bit slow, but when used right it'll destroy.

For my Sun team, I had Decidueye, Primarina, Incineroar, Lycanrock-Day, Alolan Raticate, and Salazzle.
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
1 2