Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight Rising Superstitions
1 2 3 4
[quote name="DarknessReborn" date="2018-04-14 19:22:15" ] You only get what you want from baldwin if you want something else [/quote]
DarknessReborn wrote on 2018-04-14 19:22:15:
You only get what you want from baldwin if you want something else
[quote name="DarknessReborn" date="2018-04-14 19:22:15" ] You only get what you want from baldwin if you want something else [/quote]
DarknessReborn wrote on 2018-04-14 19:22:15:
You only get what you want from baldwin if you want something else
If you die in the training fields you die in real life
000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
The Laws of Coli:
  1. When you need a specific drop for a Swipp trade and try to get that while the trade is up, the enemies dropping the needed item will only rarely appear and when they do, they will almost never drop the desired item.
  2. When the time for the trade is past and you have not managed to get enough of the items needed for it, that is when the right enemies appear in large quantities, drowning you in the items you would have needed a couple minutes earlier.
  3. When you specifically hunt for bosses they will only very rarely appear and most of the time won't give you any loot. If you need some quick battles because you're pressed for time, at least every 5th battle will be a boss battle, often with loot, but not what you want.
  4. If you grind a venue for an apparel set coli will give you all of the set except one. It will continue to give you doubles and triples of the entire set, but not the one piece you need to complete it.
  5. Whenever your team's health is low and you think that after the next battle you'll go back to the main menue to replenish it, the worst possible enemy group for your team will appear, defeating you. Often times it will also be the group that has the highest chance of dropping something you want, making you unwilling to abandon the battle outright.
  6. When you're on your last dragon and all you need is a single hit to defeat the last enemy, it will dodge and defeat you instead.
The Laws of Baldwin
  1. Baldwin never gives you what you want. You must randomly reduce things in large quantities to confuse him so you get at least a bit of what you need.
  2. Baldwin does not like to be rushed. Checking back multiple times during the process of reduction increases the chances of you not getting what you want.
  3. Baldwin knows the economy. He will often give you the stuff that you need the least, which also happens to be the stuff that is worth the least amount of treasure/gems just to spite you. This is also how he ensures you come back, despite the frustration he causes you.
The Laws of Coli:
  1. When you need a specific drop for a Swipp trade and try to get that while the trade is up, the enemies dropping the needed item will only rarely appear and when they do, they will almost never drop the desired item.
  2. When the time for the trade is past and you have not managed to get enough of the items needed for it, that is when the right enemies appear in large quantities, drowning you in the items you would have needed a couple minutes earlier.
  3. When you specifically hunt for bosses they will only very rarely appear and most of the time won't give you any loot. If you need some quick battles because you're pressed for time, at least every 5th battle will be a boss battle, often with loot, but not what you want.
  4. If you grind a venue for an apparel set coli will give you all of the set except one. It will continue to give you doubles and triples of the entire set, but not the one piece you need to complete it.
  5. Whenever your team's health is low and you think that after the next battle you'll go back to the main menue to replenish it, the worst possible enemy group for your team will appear, defeating you. Often times it will also be the group that has the highest chance of dropping something you want, making you unwilling to abandon the battle outright.
  6. When you're on your last dragon and all you need is a single hit to defeat the last enemy, it will dodge and defeat you instead.
The Laws of Baldwin
  1. Baldwin never gives you what you want. You must randomly reduce things in large quantities to confuse him so you get at least a bit of what you need.
  2. Baldwin does not like to be rushed. Checking back multiple times during the process of reduction increases the chances of you not getting what you want.
  3. Baldwin knows the economy. He will often give you the stuff that you need the least, which also happens to be the stuff that is worth the least amount of treasure/gems just to spite you. This is also how he ensures you come back, despite the frustration he causes you.
6CVg72d.png
[quote name="Paravoina" date="2018-04-26 09:31:25" ] If you die in the training fields you die in real life [/quote] I lived On another note: I believe that baldwining familiars a lot makes of less likely to drop in the coli out of fear they'll be melted down into muck. Started just after Baldwin came out and my familiar drops decreased massively when I was doing Baldwin.
Paravoina wrote on 2018-04-26 09:31:25:

I lived

On another note: I believe that baldwining familiars a lot makes of less likely to drop in the coli out of fear they'll be melted down into muck. Started just after Baldwin came out and my familiar drops decreased massively when I was doing Baldwin.
-Bats
- He/they/Xe
- Aether Enthusiast
mlHpBMC.png
5hF3FGk.png
S3J5uo7.png
eIK5iG7.png

uVEyOnT.png
eswSnrS.png
06xk8gV.png
UuKod4C.png
Pn33kaF.png
YMPbu9R.png
shadowshieldr.png
[quote name="BlueJaysFeather" date="2018-04-26 09:08:47" ] [quote name="Kipkey" date="2018-04-14 20:17:12" ] Previewing offspring until you get the combo's you like before breeding makes it more likely to get the desired outcome. (I have spent far to much time clicking that button before breeding my dergs) [/quote] Glad someone else does this Also, can we talk about the biggest FRD superstition: lucky threads [/quote] lucky threads never work for me :')
BlueJaysFeather wrote on 2018-04-26 09:08:47:
Kipkey wrote on 2018-04-14 20:17:12:
Previewing offspring until you get the combo's you like before breeding makes it more likely to get the desired outcome.

(I have spent far to much time clicking that button before breeding my dergs)
Glad someone else does this

Also, can we talk about the biggest FRD superstition: lucky threads
lucky threads never work for me :')
bbc193bd8a2a3ee420bc1f2454804edf.jpg
[quote]Superstition 2: I only get eggs when I don't think I'm going to get an egg.[/quote] Same but also with runestones. Started gathering for seashell for when I start a mass-Trail-brewing and now I'm drowning in runestones. Where the crud were you when I was [i]looking[/i] for you? [quote]If you grind a venue for an apparel set coli will give you all of the set except one. It will continue to give you doubles and triples of the entire set, but not the one piece you need to complete it.[/quote] Those stinkin'. [i]Twilight. [b]SOCKS.[/b][/i] I'm of the superstition that eggs are more likely to drop in Coli than "that one apparel piece". Heck, I've gotten more [i]Eliminates[/i] than Twilight Stockings outta the Cove. Edit: [quote]Previewing offspring until you get the combo's you like before breeding makes it more likely to get the desired outcome. [/quote] Omg. I do this too! It works... less than regularly, but at least I'm more likely to get [i]pretty[/i] dragons if I end previewing on a batch of pretties.
Quote:
Superstition 2: I only get eggs when I don't think I'm going to get an egg.

Same but also with runestones. Started gathering for seashell for when I start a mass-Trail-brewing and now I'm drowning in runestones. Where the crud were you when I was looking for you?

Quote:
If you grind a venue for an apparel set coli will give you all of the set except one. It will continue to give you doubles and triples of the entire set, but not the one piece you need to complete it.

Those stinkin'. Twilight. SOCKS.
I'm of the superstition that eggs are more likely to drop in Coli than "that one apparel piece". Heck, I've gotten more Eliminates than Twilight Stockings outta the Cove.

Edit:
Quote:
Previewing offspring until you get the combo's you like before breeding makes it more likely to get the desired outcome.

Omg. I do this too! It works... less than regularly, but at least I'm more likely to get pretty dragons if I end previewing on a batch of pretties.
to get something that drops from a certain enemy in the coliseum, you have to kill/defeat it last.
to get something that drops from a certain enemy in the coliseum, you have to kill/defeat it last.
348a58bed57a6e78ddac805e55142143f489c2ca.png
If you give up on getting a coli drop and just buy the item instead, the coli will shortly drop that item for either you or someone you're talking to at the time.

(related to my general gaming superstition of 'If you complain to someone about something being too difficult or rare, you will very shortly accomplish it even if you've been struggling for ages.)
If you give up on getting a coli drop and just buy the item instead, the coli will shortly drop that item for either you or someone you're talking to at the time.

(related to my general gaming superstition of 'If you complain to someone about something being too difficult or rare, you will very shortly accomplish it even if you've been struggling for ages.)
[quote name="Raccmoon" date="2018-04-14 20:01:37" ] If I see an enemy I need a drop from, I attack it last I feel like it won't drop the item if I kill it too quickly [/quote] This is me
Raccmoon wrote on 2018-04-14 20:01:37:
If I see an enemy I need a drop from, I attack it last
I feel like it won't drop the item if I kill it too quickly
This is me
tiEnSNJ.png
1 2 3 4