Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | how to: lair cleanout???????????????????
I want to get rid of most of my dragons and rewrite my lore. However, most of my dragons have lore by @/ShadeOfChaos and I have sentimental attachments to them, not wanting to get rid of their work. But I'm so conflicted ;;-;;
I want to get rid of most of my dragons and rewrite my lore. However, most of my dragons have lore by @/ShadeOfChaos and I have sentimental attachments to them, not wanting to get rid of their work. But I'm so conflicted ;;-;;
image.png
Free/cheap to a good home thread, maybe?
Free/cheap to a good home thread, maybe?
wq9PoXA.png
Maybe try giving them away/selling them? I would suggest if you sell them, do it on the forums and add that they have lore.
Maybe try giving them away/selling them? I would suggest if you sell them, do it on the forums and add that they have lore.
@fishmercy maybe rewrite some of the lore so it can fit with your new themes? if you can't change it, i'd say exalt them.

plus, you still have a small lair. try saving up to expand so you can get a few more dragons you either want for lore or for exalting.
@fishmercy maybe rewrite some of the lore so it can fit with your new themes? if you can't change it, i'd say exalt them.

plus, you still have a small lair. try saving up to expand so you can get a few more dragons you either want for lore or for exalting.
I would recommend making thread on the give away forum. Make sure that you specify that you don't want these dragons exalted and to keep the lore.
I would recommend making thread on the give away forum. Make sure that you specify that you don't want these dragons exalted and to keep the lore.
Fae | They/he/she | FR+3
Can always keep the purchased lore as a document on your computer. There's no rule that says "This lore MUST go with THIS dragon."

I still have art of dragons I've long since exalted in the same folder with all the current stuff. There's really no problem with wanting to re-write lore.
Can always keep the purchased lore as a document on your computer. There's no rule that says "This lore MUST go with THIS dragon."

I still have art of dragons I've long since exalted in the same folder with all the current stuff. There's really no problem with wanting to re-write lore.
Y3kY2LN.png
If you want to keep the lore, but not the hungry mouth, maybe make a text document with an image of the dragon and their lore so you don't lose it. Then you can always look back at it, or maybe make a dragon to keep that lore later if you regret it.
If you want to keep the lore, but not the hungry mouth, maybe make a text document with an image of the dragon and their lore so you don't lose it. Then you can always look back at it, or maybe make a dragon to keep that lore later if you regret it.
E2amngG.png04n5rQx.png8th6mfc.pngtPW2xgo.pngarOGchX.png
There's always a risk, bit I'd recommend selling for cheap/giving away for free on the forums and specifying that you don't want them exalted and you want the lore to mostly stay. It may help prevent exaltation to say you will take/buy them back if the person no longer wants them.
There's always a risk, bit I'd recommend selling for cheap/giving away for free on the forums and specifying that you don't want them exalted and you want the lore to mostly stay. It may help prevent exaltation to say you will take/buy them back if the person no longer wants them.
plague_1.png
.:tumblr:.
[quote name="DalphiaRose" date="2018-04-13 11:20:54" ] If you want to keep the lore, but not the hungry mouth, maybe make a text document with an image of the dragon and their lore so you don't lose it. Then you can always look back at it, or maybe make a dragon to keep that lore later if you regret it. [/quote] Yeah, this was close to what I was going to suggest. I just cleaned out about 15 dragons who I wrote lore for and love(d?) a lot. It was hard to be rid of them but I wanted to do a small perma-wipe and get my permas down to 3 pages, and so I leveled and exalted them to Glademama for the current dom battle. What I did was saved pictures of the dragons in their apparel, saved pictures of their familiars, and saved a screenshot of their lore/bio. The pictures will go on my lore thread so I still have them around and can write about their characters later on, even though they aren't with me anymore :)
DalphiaRose wrote on 2018-04-13 11:20:54:

Yeah, this was close to what I was going to suggest. I just cleaned out about 15 dragons who I wrote lore for and love(d?) a lot. It was hard to be rid of them but I wanted to do a small perma-wipe and get my permas down to 3 pages, and so I leveled and exalted them to Glademama for the current dom battle.

What I did was saved pictures of the dragons in their apparel, saved pictures of their familiars, and saved a screenshot of their lore/bio. The pictures will go on my lore thread so I still have them around and can write about their characters later on, even though they aren't with me anymore :)
1u3H6jas.png