Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Filigree: A New Tertiary Gene
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 77 78
That's al is... perfect i guess!
That's al is... perfect i guess!
Kitesu|Kitu|She/her|+12 FR time
Spr_5b_405_m.png
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Every Drop Counts http://dragcave.net/user/eener9lilly im mediator 99% introvert INFP-T if you talk to me irl i will walk into a wall. MYSTIC FR+16Aussie
eener9lilly.pngcourier_pearl.gif
Every Drop Counts http://dragcave.net/user/eener9lilly im mediator 99% introvert INFP-T if you talk to me irl i will walk into a wall. MYSTIC FR+16Aussie
eener9lilly.pngcourier_pearl.gif
Wetangry

LMAO
Wetangry

LMAO
no U
oh yay its so pretty! and, when will you add the wind exalt pillar?
oh yay its so pretty! and, when will you add the wind exalt pillar?
wrHGqA4.gif
Love the new gene, but wHAT DID YOU DO TO THAT POOR IMP, UNDEL?!
Love the new gene, but wHAT DID YOU DO TO THAT POOR IMP, UNDEL?!
1I2Zxcd.png
MeepWing
she/they pronuns - intp - aspie - +3 fr time - trash
oh my god so gooood
oh my god so gooood
tumblr_nimwqcv7in1rdplsro1_500.gif
[quote name="Ink" date="2018-03-23 11:35:18" ] First impression; wow these genes look pretty fab! Coverage looks okay, I want to make all the elven dragons. Yes. Second impression, after scrying nearly my entire lair; none of my dergs look good enough to justify gening. I'm sure there are some good combos out there, but the dragons I have that this looks good on all already have a nice tertiary gene. I'm a bit disappointed about the coverage, going to echo what others have said about a) the intentional lack of any filigree on the belly area (all or nothing with genes in this area it seems), b) lack of coverage in general but especially on the tail, barely any coverage on the wings, and c) the really cluttered faces, which is an area that in a large portion of primary genes has some unique patterning which is consiquently masked by filigree, for better or worse. It seems like more and more genes are taking a page from accents, which are more like body paint for dragons as opposed to actual markings. That being said, it is what it is. It's released, there are people who like it and have bought it so I realize it's not likely to change at this point but dang, even refining the faces and adding some tail filigree would go a long way I think. Hopefully I can find a use for this in the future, I love filigree designs, and I was really hoping for more from this gene. [/quote] @Ink (I agree with everything you've said 100%) Overall, it's an interesting gene, pretty. One thing that "bugs me" however, is how this gene, much like ghost, really looks more like an accent or skin rather than a gene itself. It is nice though, and I'm sure it'll look great with certain apparel, but I kind of wish it looked a bit more... [i]idk how to put this[/i]... like part of the dragon? This aspect of the gene, I think, just causes it too look a bit more like an accent/skin/or apparel piece, rather than looking like a marking itself. But, like all new genes, people either love them or they don't based on their personal likes and dislikes. I'm not complaining too much though, and honestly I can't wait to see what other people do with this gene and what uses I'll find for it in the future! ^^
Ink wrote on 2018-03-23 11:35:18:
First impression; wow these genes look pretty fab! Coverage looks okay, I want to make all the elven dragons. Yes.

Second impression, after scrying nearly my entire lair; none of my dergs look good enough to justify gening. I'm sure there are some good combos out there, but the dragons I have that this looks good on all already have a nice tertiary gene.

I'm a bit disappointed about the coverage, going to echo what others have said about a) the intentional lack of any filigree on the belly area (all or nothing with genes in this area it seems), b) lack of coverage in general but especially on the tail, barely any coverage on the wings, and c) the really cluttered faces, which is an area that in a large portion of primary genes has some unique patterning which is consiquently masked by filigree, for better or worse.

It seems like more and more genes are taking a page from accents, which are more like body paint for dragons as opposed to actual markings.

That being said, it is what it is. It's released, there are people who like it and have bought it so I realize it's not likely to change at this point but dang, even refining the faces and adding some tail filigree would go a long way I think.

Hopefully I can find a use for this in the future, I love filigree designs, and I was really hoping for more from this gene.

@Ink (I agree with everything you've said 100%)

Overall, it's an interesting gene, pretty. One thing that "bugs me" however, is how this gene, much like ghost, really looks more like an accent or skin rather than a gene itself. It is nice though, and I'm sure it'll look great with certain apparel, but I kind of wish it looked a bit more... idk how to put this... like part of the dragon? This aspect of the gene, I think, just causes it too look a bit more like an accent/skin/or apparel piece, rather than looking like a marking itself. But, like all new genes, people either love them or they don't based on their personal likes and dislikes. I'm not complaining too much though, and honestly I can't wait to see what other people do with this gene and what uses I'll find for it in the future! ^^
im sorry im losing it at the derg named hot wings
im sorry im losing it at the derg named hot wings
Ooh, Looks beautiful~!
Ooh, Looks beautiful~!
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 77 78