Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | How to make Hatchery?
I do not know how to make one.

I'm seriously at a loss but I wanna be able to! Is there any way I can? Maybe even just a layout? And I sadly don't know how to show small PNG images on here yet...

If anyone could help me make a Hatchery that would be great!
I do not know how to make one.

I'm seriously at a loss but I wanna be able to! Is there any way I can? Maybe even just a layout? And I sadly don't know how to show small PNG images on here yet...

If anyone could help me make a Hatchery that would be great!
Octos are much better. -Sincerely, a Splat 1 vet that likes Octolings more.
@BrokenDiamond

Here's a guide for the basics and a beginner's guide to banners, breeding cards and whatnot.

Enjoy!
@BrokenDiamond

Here's a guide for the basics and a beginner's guide to banners, breeding cards and whatnot.

Enjoy!
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
[quote name="Nightwind" date="2018-03-20 17:41:52" ] @BrokenDiamond Here's a guide for the basics and a beginner's guide to banners, breeding cards and whatnot. Enjoy! [/quote] @Nightwind Oh my gosh, thank you! I'm glad you contacted me aa <3 I was so close to giving in years ago but now I can try! ehe >v<
Nightwind wrote on 2018-03-20 17:41:52:
@BrokenDiamond

Enjoy!
@Nightwind
Oh my gosh, thank you! I'm glad you contacted me aa <3
I was so close to giving in years ago but now I can try! ehe >v<
@Nightwind i-is it bad i looked at multiple hatcheries and also guides and yet I still am unsure how in the world to make my own? I swear, i never learn.. ;v;
@Nightwind i-is it bad i looked at multiple hatcheries and also guides and yet I still am unsure how in the world to make my own? I swear, i never learn.. ;v;
@BrokenDiamond

No, not at all. The most important thing is to make it easy for buyers to figure out what you're selling. A sort of "standard" hatchery starts off with a short first post with your hatcheries name and a brief bit about the theme/s.

Second post contains current dragons for sale (full-size images if a few, smaller if there's a lot) with prices. Always include a price--asking buyers to name one either invites odd prices (usually low) or makes buyers work to figure out a good price for both of you and buyers get annoyed by that. Also, if they're pricing dragons of a similar breed/color/genes they might just buy those dragons instead.

Third post is where you start putting your pairs so browsers can see what's available in the future. This is where breeding cards come in handy.

Fourth post is optional but it's where a lot of people keep ping lists for future nests if they don't keep it offline. It's a quick way to grab the usernames of people who wanted to be pinged/mailed for when the pair they're interested in have hatchlings.
@BrokenDiamond

No, not at all. The most important thing is to make it easy for buyers to figure out what you're selling. A sort of "standard" hatchery starts off with a short first post with your hatcheries name and a brief bit about the theme/s.

Second post contains current dragons for sale (full-size images if a few, smaller if there's a lot) with prices. Always include a price--asking buyers to name one either invites odd prices (usually low) or makes buyers work to figure out a good price for both of you and buyers get annoyed by that. Also, if they're pricing dragons of a similar breed/color/genes they might just buy those dragons instead.

Third post is where you start putting your pairs so browsers can see what's available in the future. This is where breeding cards come in handy.

Fourth post is optional but it's where a lot of people keep ping lists for future nests if they don't keep it offline. It's a quick way to grab the usernames of people who wanted to be pinged/mailed for when the pair they're interested in have hatchlings.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
[quote name="Nightwind" date="2018-03-20 19:01:44" ] @BrokenDiamond No, not at all. The most important thing is to make it easy for buyers to figure out what you're selling. A sort of "standard" hatchery starts off with a short first post with your hatcheries name and a brief bit about the theme/s. Second post contains current dragons for sale (full-size images if a few, smaller if there's a lot) with prices. Always include a price--asking buyers to name one either invites odd prices (usually low) or makes buyers work to figure out a good price for both of you and buyers get annoyed by that. Also, if they're pricing dragons of a similar breed/color/genes they might just buy those dragons instead. Third post is where you start putting your pairs so browsers can see what's available in the future. This is where breeding cards come in handy. Fourth post is optional but it's where a lot of people keep ping lists for future nests if they don't keep it offline. It's a quick way to grab the usernames of people who wanted to be pinged/mailed for when the pair they're interested in have hatchlings. [/quote] Yes! A amazing layout I can somewhat follow! Thank you. <3 Wait- What is a breeding card? : o Also, also, for the ping list, how do I make one? But, also, @Nightwind, thank you SO much for being so kind to me! I was SO worried you guys would be too annoyed to deal with me! It's.. This all is just so new and so I got very confused ahaa Also, if I have parents with Jaguar, Smoke, Rosette, Crystal, Butterfly and Capsule, and most of my parents are that, including Bee and Wasp genes, what should my theme be and what would the percentages be for the parents? And how much should I price them?
Nightwind wrote on 2018-03-20 19:01:44:
@BrokenDiamond

Yes! A amazing layout I can somewhat follow! Thank you. <3 Wait- What is a breeding card? : o Also, also, for the ping list, how do I make one? But, also, @Nightwind, thank you SO much for being so kind to me! I was SO worried you guys would be too annoyed to deal with me! It's.. This all is just so new and so I got very confused ahaa

Also, if I have parents with Jaguar, Smoke, Rosette, Crystal, Butterfly and Capsule, and most of my parents are that, including Bee and Wasp genes, what should my theme be and what would the percentages be for the parents? And how much should I price them?
@BrokenDiamond

Hi! I needed to go cook a meal so I couldn't respond right away.

Breeding cards are the graphics that show the parents and the color/gene range between them. Here is a free one that does the basics. Once you've made a card you need to save it and upload it to an image-hosting website to get a url to use when posting it here.

Ping lists are just lists of the usernames of people who've asked to be pinged when your couples have babies.

Theme-wise it depends on your pairs and how you'd like to organize your hatchery. Do you want all parents to have something in common other than Arcane eyes? Do you want them all to to be color-themed, lore-themed, inspired by offsite media? I've seen hatcheries with Pokemon, Elemental, Deep Seas, Open Plains, movie, book and anime themes. Some people just have a generic hatchery name based on their username with individual pairs having names (Moon-touched, Tropical Flowers, Crystal Geodes, etc.).

As for pricing...anything more than what the site pays out in exalt prices is purely subjective. Every seller wants the highest possible price for their dragons and every buyer wants to spend as little as possible. Somewhere in between those two is what dragons sell at.

For comparison pricing check out the Auction House for what dragons of the same breed/gene/color range are selling for. You can always price higher and lower their price if they don't sell.

Keep in mind that lair space is expensive and if a dragon sits around long enough you will never recoup the price of space and feeding it. Also, every dragon you sell is half a breeding couple competing with selling your next nest. Prices for "trendy" dragons plummet fairly quickly.

Consider that roughly 23,000 dragons are hatched on an average day. We're not adding 23,000 lair spaces every day so training and exalting dragons happens a lot.

Hope this helps!

@BrokenDiamond

Breeding cards are the graphics that show the parents and the color/gene range between them. Here is a free one that does the basics. Once you've made a card you need to save it and upload it to an image-hosting website to get a url to use when posting it here.

Ping lists are just lists of the usernames of people who've asked to be pinged when your couples have babies.

Theme-wise it depends on your pairs and how you'd like to organize your hatchery. Do you want all parents to have something in common other than Arcane eyes? Do you want them all to to be color-themed, lore-themed, inspired by offsite media? I've seen hatcheries with Pokemon, Elemental, Deep Seas, Open Plains, movie, book and anime themes. Some people just have a generic hatchery name based on their username with individual pairs having names (Moon-touched, Tropical Flowers, Crystal Geodes, etc.).

As for pricing...anything more than what the site pays out in exalt prices is purely subjective. Every seller wants the highest possible price for their dragons and every buyer wants to spend as little as possible. Somewhere in between those two is what dragons sell at.

For comparison pricing check out the Auction House for what dragons of the same breed/gene/color range are selling for. You can always price higher and lower their price if they don't sell.

Keep in mind that lair space is expensive and if a dragon sits around long enough you will never recoup the price of space and feeding it. Also, every dragon you sell is half a breeding couple competing with selling your next nest. Prices for "trendy" dragons plummet fairly quickly.

Consider that roughly 23,000 dragons are hatched on an average day. We're not adding 23,000 lair spaces every day so training and exalting dragons happens a lot.

Hope this helps!

[quote name="Nightwind" date="2018-03-20 20:48:19" ] @BrokenDiamond Hi! I needed to go cook a meal so I couldn't respond right away. Breeding cards are the graphics that show the parents and the color/gene range between them. Here is a free one that does the basics. Once you've made a card you need to save it and upload it to an image-hosting website to get a url to use when posting it here. Ping lists are just lists of the usernames of people who've asked to be pinged when your couples have babies. Theme-wise it depends on your pairs and how you'd like to organize your hatchery. Do you want all parents to have something in common other than Arcane eyes? Do you want them all to to be color-themed, lore-themed, inspired by offsite media? I've seen hatcheries with Pokemon, Elemental, Deep Seas, Open Plains, movie, book and anime themes. Some people just have a generic hatchery name based on their username with individual pairs having names (Moon-touched, Tropical Flowers, Crystal Geodes, etc.). As for pricing...anything more than what the site pays out in exalt prices is purely subjective. Every seller wants the highest possible price for their dragons and every buyer wants to spend as little as possible. Somewhere in between those two is what dragons sell at. For comparison pricing check out the Auction House for what dragons of the same breed/gene/color range are selling for. You can always price higher and lower their price if they don't sell. Keep in mind that lair space is expensive and if a dragon sits around long enough you will never recoup the price of space and feeding it. Also, every dragon you sell is half a breeding couple competing with selling your next nest. Prices for "trendy" dragons plummet fairly quickly. Consider that roughly 23,000 dragons are hatched on an average day. We're not adding 23,000 lair spaces every day so training and exalting dragons happens a lot. Hope this helps! [/quote] @Nightwind Thank you! It did, but... Sadly I messed up the links- even though the links are okay the PICTURES won't show. I wanna add graphics but I don't know where to begin..
Nightwind wrote on 2018-03-20 20:48:19:
@BrokenDiamond

Hope this helps!

@Nightwind Thank you! It did, but... Sadly I messed up the links- even though the links are okay the PICTURES won't show. I wanna add graphics but I don't know where to begin..
@BrokenDiamond I checked your hatchery and the links you used are for the page the images are on and not the images. Right click on the images themselves to get the urls and put them between image tags: [code][img]imageaddress[/img][/code] Graphics can be images you make or get out of the Guides board (lots of free ones) or hire an artist to make for you. Dividers or custom breeding cards are usually the only graphics you may or may not add.
@BrokenDiamond

I checked your hatchery and the links you used are for the page the images are on and not the images. Right click on the images themselves to get the urls and put them between image tags:
Code:
[img]imageaddress[/img]

Graphics can be images you make or get out of the Guides board (lots of free ones) or hire an artist to make for you. Dividers or custom breeding cards are usually the only graphics you may or may not add.

[quote name="Nightwind" date="2018-03-20 23:37:57" ] @BrokenDiamond I checked your hatchery and the links you used are for the page the images are on and not the images. Right click on the images themselves to get the urls and put them between image tags: [code][img]imageaddress[/img][/code] Graphics can be images you make or get out of the Guides board (lots of free ones) or hire an artist to make for you. Dividers or custom breeding cards are usually the only graphics you may or may not add. [/quote] @Nightwind Oh my gosh yess!! Thank you for helping me! I'm so glad this is becoming REAL! AAA SO EXCITEDDD I really hope these babies come out cute!
Nightwind wrote on 2018-03-20 23:37:57:
@BrokenDiamond

I checked your hatchery and the links you used are for the page the images are on and not the images. Right click on the images themselves to get the urls and put them between image tags:
Code:
[img]imageaddress[/img]

Graphics can be images you make or get out of the Guides board (lots of free ones) or hire an artist to make for you. Dividers or custom breeding cards are usually the only graphics you may or may not add.

@Nightwind Oh my gosh yess!! Thank you for helping me! I'm so glad this is becoming REAL! AAA SO EXCITEDDD I really hope these babies come out cute!