Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coliseum - Make current turn clearer
Right now, in the Coliseum, the only way to tell whose turn it is (besides watching the turn order thingy) is to look at the glowing "READY!" text next to the dragon's avatar/status display: [img]http://i.cubeupload.com/3MMAEd.png[/img] This is useful, but I wonder if it could be even more obvious. What if we [i]also[/i] displayed the character's avatar image, spread across the entire layout screen, like this? [img]http://i.cubeupload.com/3rzQSt.png[/img] [img]http://i.cubeupload.com/TRyYXt.png[/img] Since the battle system relies on you using your unique dragon characters in different ways, I think making whose turn it is especially clear would be useful. (Sorry if I formatted this suggestion terribly haha - I'm totally new to the FR forums!)
Right now, in the Coliseum, the only way to tell whose turn it is (besides watching the turn order thingy) is to look at the glowing "READY!" text next to the dragon's avatar/status display:

3MMAEd.png

This is useful, but I wonder if it could be even more obvious. What if we also displayed the character's avatar image, spread across the entire layout screen, like this?

3rzQSt.png

TRyYXt.png

Since the battle system relies on you using your unique dragon characters in different ways, I think making whose turn it is especially clear would be useful.

(Sorry if I formatted this suggestion terribly haha - I'm totally new to the FR forums!)
Sorry no support. It's really easy to read as it is. In addition to the "Ready" marker, the dragon who is up next moves forward, so you can easily see which one it is.
Sorry no support. It's really easy to read as it is. In addition to the "Ready" marker, the dragon who is up next moves forward, so you can easily see which one it is.
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png
Sorry, as Geisterwolf said, no support.

We have the big glowing ready, we have the turn order, we have the dragon itself moving forward in the coli, so I really don't think we need something else that will potentially distract and make things harder for users to see.

I would potentially support the dragon whose turn it is being highlighted as if you moused over it and could apply something to it, but I don't think even that is needed.
Sorry, as Geisterwolf said, no support.

We have the big glowing ready, we have the turn order, we have the dragon itself moving forward in the coli, so I really don't think we need something else that will potentially distract and make things harder for users to see.

I would potentially support the dragon whose turn it is being highlighted as if you moused over it and could apply something to it, but I don't think even that is needed.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No thanks we already have three different mechanisms that show whose turn it is:
--The Ready sign
--The attacking dragon moving forward
--The turn order updates after each move with the attacking dragon/enemy up top (and to be doubly sure that players know that being is attacking, there is also a large arrow at the top of the turn order)

We don't really need even more indicators and I rather prefer the plainer segment in the control panel--having the dragon's avatar spread across this section would be annoying and be distracting.
No thanks we already have three different mechanisms that show whose turn it is:
--The Ready sign
--The attacking dragon moving forward
--The turn order updates after each move with the attacking dragon/enemy up top (and to be doubly sure that players know that being is attacking, there is also a large arrow at the top of the turn order)

We don't really need even more indicators and I rather prefer the plainer segment in the control panel--having the dragon's avatar spread across this section would be annoying and be distracting.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I agree with others, there are already three(or four depending what you count) methods and adding more would just get excessive.
I agree with others, there are already three(or four depending what you count) methods and adding more would just get excessive.
Thanks for the responses all! I definitely didn't notice a couple of those ways to tell whose turn it is. I'll be able to get used to it.
Thanks for the responses all! I definitely didn't notice a couple of those ways to tell whose turn it is. I'll be able to get used to it.