Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Haven't played in years, where to start?
Joined it in 2014, not really sure what to do or what has changed now.
Played for like 2 months then stopped, anything new happened? Anything I should do? And uh, what forum does this belong in? Is this forum OK? Thanks!
Joined it in 2014, not really sure what to do or what has changed now.
Played for like 2 months then stopped, anything new happened? Anything I should do? And uh, what forum does this belong in? Is this forum OK? Thanks!
Ayy lmao.
@Gregor First I'd see if your flight has a food bank so your dragons can get all fed. Then maybe check the raffles/giveaways forum for some freebies? Trickmurk circus is going on right now so it's a great time to try the coliseum as well
@Gregor First I'd see if your flight has a food bank so your dragons can get all fed. Then maybe check the raffles/giveaways forum for some freebies? Trickmurk circus is going on right now so it's a great time to try the coliseum as well
Snr7ysG.png HChIF4s.png
@Gregor If you have any old items, like festival items or Kickstarter familiars or low-digit dragons (their IDs have 7 or fewer numbers) make sure to check their value before selling them!! Many of these things have skyrocketed in value over the years. You may be sitting on a lot of potential money!
@Gregor If you have any old items, like festival items or Kickstarter familiars or low-digit dragons (their IDs have 7 or fewer numbers) make sure to check their value before selling them!! Many of these things have skyrocketed in value over the years. You may be sitting on a lot of potential money!
60eldD0.gif
I occasionally don't get pings because of misspellings. My username is SLP (lowercase), three zeroes, and a one. You can copy and paste it if you're not sure you have it right.
If you want to talk about something troubling you, my PM box is open to everyone! Feel free to reach out whenever, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I'll keep what you say a secret, if you want. It's my pleasure to help out everyone I can!
xKBtilj.gif
@Gregor

Here's a Chronological update reference for all the updates that have been added since 2014.

@Gregor

Here's a Chronological update reference for all the updates that have been added since 2014.

Welcome New Players!
Here's a small list of links to Helpful Forum Guides:
..... Gathering reference v3
Swipp/Baldwin: Items to Keep
The Data-Based Money Making Guide
Exalting Treasure Payout Chart
..... Dragon Bio Resources: Comprehensive
Coliseum loot and monsters
Festival Coliseum Guide
BASIC INTRO to the Coli!
..... [Guide] BBCode
DRAGONOMICS charts
[Answers] Tomo's Trivia Tablet
G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
You've got a bit to catch up on! Today is also the first day of Shadow festival, so be sure to gather in Shadow for a chance to find some currency!
You've got a bit to catch up on! Today is also the first day of Shadow festival, so be sure to gather in Shadow for a chance to find some currency!
Thank you all for the advice! I'll look around the site a bit.
Also, low digit dragons? Why are they more expensive?
Thank you all for the advice! I'll look around the site a bit.
Also, low digit dragons? Why are they more expensive?
Ayy lmao.
Scrying workshop will let you see how genes look on your dragon and the dressing room will let you see how clothes look on them before you buy.

Coli is much easier now. We have the working version and a beta of the next version; the beta doesn't get you experience or food.
Scrying workshop will let you see how genes look on your dragon and the dressing room will let you see how clothes look on them before you buy.

Coli is much easier now. We have the working version and a beta of the next version; the beta doesn't get you experience or food.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
It's great now! Lots of things got fixed, there's tons of cheap pretty dragons on the AH. Yeah, go through your lair and see which dragons you might want to get rid of (or replace with newer prettier versions!)

Oh yeah, and were you around after the colorwheel expansion?? Because there's a lot more colors now than we started with... And tons of new genes, of course. If I were you I'd hang out on Dragon Share checking out people's show-off threads or the "top 5 dragons in the lair above" threads or the like, to see what the pretty new stuff is.

Here's the Old Dragons Collector Association link - use those ping lists if you sell your dragons.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MVep00Xp5BuaXRdcTIGooJflgI41Y-xqd7DAhiMcISA/edit#gid=1026759391
It's great now! Lots of things got fixed, there's tons of cheap pretty dragons on the AH. Yeah, go through your lair and see which dragons you might want to get rid of (or replace with newer prettier versions!)

Oh yeah, and were you around after the colorwheel expansion?? Because there's a lot more colors now than we started with... And tons of new genes, of course. If I were you I'd hang out on Dragon Share checking out people's show-off threads or the "top 5 dragons in the lair above" threads or the like, to see what the pretty new stuff is.

Here's the Old Dragons Collector Association link - use those ping lists if you sell your dragons.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MVep00Xp5BuaXRdcTIGooJflgI41Y-xqd7DAhiMcISA/edit#gid=1026759391
@Gregor
Welcome back!

Definitely check to see what you have. A bunch of items have become Swipp items. There are a lot of Swipp trades now.

More new stuff:
  • We have a lot more coliseum venues.
  • Tomo's trivia - she's in the trading post next to Crim. If you answer trivia questions, she'll give you coins.
  • Baldwin's Bubbling Brew (under Pinkerton) - you can make new objects there. Here's a guide to help.
  • Festive Favors - there's a holiday, and now there are "spare inventory crates" so you can collect old holiday items.
  • As already mentioned, we have the scrying workshop and the dressing room. And we have an expanded color wheel.
  • The AH recently got a revamp.
  • Dominance has changed. Now three flights get different levels of dominance every week.
  • New game in the Fairgrounds: Artifracture. It's a bit like candy crush.
  • We're testing a revamp of the coli.
  • We have a vault now - you can stash treasure/gems/items there if you want to save them up without having immediate access to them in your hoard.
  • A bunch of new lore in the Encyclopedia.

That's what I can think of off the top of my head. Enjoy exploring - let me know if you need anything!
@Gregor
Welcome back!

Definitely check to see what you have. A bunch of items have become Swipp items. There are a lot of Swipp trades now.

More new stuff:
  • We have a lot more coliseum venues.
  • Tomo's trivia - she's in the trading post next to Crim. If you answer trivia questions, she'll give you coins.
  • Baldwin's Bubbling Brew (under Pinkerton) - you can make new objects there. Here's a guide to help.
  • Festive Favors - there's a holiday, and now there are "spare inventory crates" so you can collect old holiday items.
  • As already mentioned, we have the scrying workshop and the dressing room. And we have an expanded color wheel.
  • The AH recently got a revamp.
  • Dominance has changed. Now three flights get different levels of dominance every week.
  • New game in the Fairgrounds: Artifracture. It's a bit like candy crush.
  • We're testing a revamp of the coli.
  • We have a vault now - you can stash treasure/gems/items there if you want to save them up without having immediate access to them in your hoard.
  • A bunch of new lore in the Encyclopedia.

That's what I can think of off the top of my head. Enjoy exploring - let me know if you need anything!
LxbWmll.png
@gregor Welcome back! I'm in the same boat-- started up a new acct about a month ago. It's basically the same set up, but with a few more bells and whistles than I remembered. They're making the coliseum better (yay!), and there are a LOT more genes for your dragons. I feel like there's a lot more unity in flights now, too, which is amazing since my old flight was so disjointed... ((side eye to wind flight intensifies))
Let me know if you need anything! Old newbies help old newbies ^__^
@gregor Welcome back! I'm in the same boat-- started up a new acct about a month ago. It's basically the same set up, but with a few more bells and whistles than I remembered. They're making the coliseum better (yay!), and there are a LOT more genes for your dragons. I feel like there's a lot more unity in flights now, too, which is amazing since my old flight was so disjointed... ((side eye to wind flight intensifies))
Let me know if you need anything! Old newbies help old newbies ^__^
1dc81cda95e42cab15b016154d8f4fca.png