Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Nature Subspecies Public Hub
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 25 26
I found an absolutely gorgeous Nocturmelon candidate and just couldn't help myself! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38261112] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/382612/38261112_350.png[/img] [/url] ... but I have too many already! RIP me. If someone is interested in him for subspecies purposes, he's all yours, free of charge!
I found an absolutely gorgeous Nocturmelon candidate and just couldn't help myself!

38261112_350.png

... but I have too many already! RIP me. If someone is interested in him for subspecies purposes, he's all yours, free of charge!
4F79zst.png MCpjFbQ.png
@Genevra

Are we doing pinstripe and/or trail for Hummingbees?
@Genevra

Are we doing pinstripe and/or trail for Hummingbees?
@NorthWhiteWolf I've made some changes to Lily Pad Faes and was hoping to get that updated. I've written new lore to replace what was originally there: [code] Though the Fae species originated in the Starwood Strand, an expedition of them ventured East to explore other lands. During their journey, small groups continually stayed behind in each region they visited, hoping to make a home there and discover different types of elemental magic. One group made it all the way across Sornieth. These Fae came to the border of the Viridian Labyrinth, ruled over by the Gladekeeper and the elemental magic of Nature. They became enthralled with the abundant trees and wildlife. There were so many different types of plants and animals, and insects! Gradually, they spread out across the Everbloom Gardens and into the Gladeveins. These fae made their homes from sap as their ancestors did, in the trees between the lakes and rivers of this region. They spent their days catching the bountiful insects that thrived in the wet environment near the water. And they learned to tend the plants, using their stores of magic to direct their growth and nurture them. Those whose eggs were hatched there had the advantage of being able to draw elemental magic from their surroundings. They shaped homes from living vines and branches, and were better able to influence the wildlife around them. Over time, their appearance came to reflect their surroundings. They developed patterns on their bodies that mimicked the water that flowed through their lands, and patterns on their wings that reflected the leaves of the plants they nurtured. Some used this to aid them in catching food. If they floated on the water, still as they could be, their wings resembled lily pads. The insects they ate would land on their wings like they did the water-dwelling plants that surrounded them, making them far easier to catch. This was the beginning of the Lily Pad Faes. Today, they can be found throughout the Viridian Labyrinth, and some have even ventured back out into other regions of Sornieth, where different types of lakes and ponds have created variations in this subspecies. Some have developed patterns mimicking different types of algae floating in the water and clinging to their wings. Some have developed patterns more resembling the rampant pond scum sometimes found in stagnant water. And still others have patterns resembling small pools or droplets of water on their wings. Wherever they live, you can be sure to find these dragons floating in the waters near their homes, completely camouflaged to the well-trained eye. [/code] I've also edited a couple of color ranges to make them less restrictive to breed. Primary: Ripple, Tapir, or Jupiter. Ultramarine through Stonewash and Caribbean through Aqua. (However, Teal does not work with Tapir.) This is to give the appearance of moving water. Secondary: Basic, Current, Stripes, or Shimmer. Striation is accepted but not preferred. Pistachio through Peridot. (Radioactive does not work with Striation.) This is to give the appearance of the lily pads from which this subspecies derives their name. [list] [*]For Water Droplet: Eyespots. Pistachio through Peridot. This is to give the appearance of the lily pads from which this subspecies derives their name, with the additional illusion of a water droplet, or small pool of water on the leaf. [/list] Tertiary: [list] [*]Basic or Water Droplet: Basic. Any color. [*]Green Algae: Crackle. Chartreuse through Moss. [*]Yellow Algae: Crackle. Goldenrod through Marigold. [*]Red Algae: Crackle. Sunshine through Caramel and Rust through Brick. [*]Brown Algae: Crackle. Sand through Copper. [*]Smirch. Chartreuse through Moss. This is to give the appearance of pond scum. [/list] I'm sorry, I know that's not quite how you have that formatted, I can go back and code that better later if you want. =( Also, I created a thread for them here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2388651
@NorthWhiteWolf

I've made some changes to Lily Pad Faes and was hoping to get that updated.

I've written new lore to replace what was originally there:
Code:
Though the Fae species originated in the Starwood Strand, an expedition of them ventured East to explore other lands. During their journey, small groups continually stayed behind in each region they visited, hoping to make a home there and discover different types of elemental magic. One group made it all the way across Sornieth. These Fae came to the border of the Viridian Labyrinth, ruled over by the Gladekeeper and the elemental magic of Nature. They became enthralled with the abundant trees and wildlife. There were so many different types of plants and animals, and insects! Gradually, they spread out across the Everbloom Gardens and into the Gladeveins. These fae made their homes from sap as their ancestors did, in the trees between the lakes and rivers of this region. They spent their days catching the bountiful insects that thrived in the wet environment near the water. And they learned to tend the plants, using their stores of magic to direct their growth and nurture them. Those whose eggs were hatched there had the advantage of being able to draw elemental magic from their surroundings. They shaped homes from living vines and branches, and were better able to influence the wildlife around them. Over time, their appearance came to reflect their surroundings. They developed patterns on their bodies that mimicked the water that flowed through their lands, and patterns on their wings that reflected the leaves of the plants they nurtured. Some used this to aid them in catching food. If they floated on the water, still as they could be, their wings resembled lily pads. The insects they ate would land on their wings like they did the water-dwelling plants that surrounded them, making them far easier to catch. This was the beginning of the Lily Pad Faes. Today, they can be found throughout the Viridian Labyrinth, and some have even ventured back out into other regions of Sornieth, where different types of lakes and ponds have created variations in this subspecies. Some have developed patterns mimicking different types of algae floating in the water and clinging to their wings. Some have developed patterns more resembling the rampant pond scum sometimes found in stagnant water. And still others have patterns resembling small pools or droplets of water on their wings. Wherever they live, you can be sure to find these dragons floating in the waters near their homes, completely camouflaged to the well-trained eye.

I've also edited a couple of color ranges to make them less restrictive to breed.

Primary: Ripple, Tapir, or Jupiter. Ultramarine through Stonewash and Caribbean through Aqua. (However, Teal does not work with Tapir.) This is to give the appearance of moving water.

Secondary: Basic, Current, Stripes, or Shimmer. Striation is accepted but not preferred. Pistachio through Peridot. (Radioactive does not work with Striation.) This is to give the appearance of the lily pads from which this subspecies derives their name.
  • For Water Droplet: Eyespots. Pistachio through Peridot. This is to give the appearance of the lily pads from which this subspecies derives their name, with the additional illusion of a water droplet, or small pool of water on the leaf.

Tertiary:
  • Basic or Water Droplet: Basic. Any color.
  • Green Algae: Crackle. Chartreuse through Moss.
  • Yellow Algae: Crackle. Goldenrod through Marigold.
  • Red Algae: Crackle. Sunshine through Caramel and Rust through Brick.
  • Brown Algae: Crackle. Sand through Copper.
  • Smirch. Chartreuse through Moss. This is to give the appearance of pond scum.

I'm sorry, I know that's not quite how you have that formatted, I can go back and code that better later if you want. =(

Also, I created a thread for them here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2388651
fNmS9bV.png
kKraFP4.png MUYNhfy.png
VjdktqS.png
WKtl2lb.png
kKraFP4.png Kaliqo.gif
@kpark0
Sorry for the delayed response, I've been busy the past few days. Don't worry about the format, I'll try to have the Lily Pad Faes entry updated by tomorrow. :)
@kpark0
Sorry for the delayed response, I've been busy the past few days. Don't worry about the format, I'll try to have the Lily Pad Faes entry updated by tomorrow. :)
tumblr_o6cl7lWaXy1uhcm7no1_250.jpg
@kpark0
I have updated the Lily Pad Fae entry! Let me know if anything needs to be adjusted or changed. :)
@kpark0
I have updated the Lily Pad Fae entry! Let me know if anything needs to be adjusted or changed. :)
@NorthWhiteWolf You listed "Tertiary Color: Any" followed by the breakdown of different algae types. Should that maybe read "Chartruese through Brick" followed by the breakdown? Also, I forgot a paragraph of the lore when I posted that. Sorry! This just at the end. [code]Lily Pad Faes hatched in the Viridian Labyrinth have a great talent for guiding and nurturing the growth of the plants and animals around them by drawing in the elemental energy that permeates their home territory, and they often make powerful healers. Those who hatch outside the Viridian Labyrinth have their own talents respective to their flights. But most still retain some affinity for nature and healing, a reminder of their kind's beginnings.[/code] Thank you for updating that!
@NorthWhiteWolf

You listed "Tertiary Color: Any" followed by the breakdown of different algae types. Should that maybe read "Chartruese through Brick" followed by the breakdown?

Also, I forgot a paragraph of the lore when I posted that. Sorry! This just at the end.
Code:
Lily Pad Faes hatched in the Viridian Labyrinth have a great talent for guiding and nurturing the growth of the plants and animals around them by drawing in the elemental energy that permeates their home territory, and they often make powerful healers. Those who hatch outside the Viridian Labyrinth have their own talents respective to their flights. But most still retain some affinity for nature and healing, a reminder of their kind's beginnings.

Thank you for updating that!
fNmS9bV.png
kKraFP4.png MUYNhfy.png
VjdktqS.png
WKtl2lb.png
kKraFP4.png Kaliqo.gif
@kpark0
I have updated the Lily Pad Fae with those changes. :)
@kpark0
I have updated the Lily Pad Fae with those changes. :)
@NorthWhiteWolf Thank you!
@NorthWhiteWolf Thank you!
fNmS9bV.png
kKraFP4.png MUYNhfy.png
VjdktqS.png
WKtl2lb.png
kKraFP4.png Kaliqo.gif
@NorthWhiteWolf I have another subspecies I'd like to submit! Sea Floor Guardians! Here's the code for my subspecies requirements: [code] [center][color=black][size=5][b]Subspecies Requirements[/b][/size][/color][/center] [center][color=black][size=4][b]There are a few different types for this subspecies. But they all have the following requirements in common:[/b][/size][/color][/center] Sea Floor Guardians must be Guardians, as Guardians are more aquatic than other breeds. They can be any flight, as those who have wandered from their homeland have nests in other realms. [b][i]Secondary:[/i][/b] [list] [*]Current or Safari. Blue through Stonewash or Caribbean through Robin. Not too dark. [/list] [b][i]Tertiary:[/i][/b] [list] [*]Smoke or Smirch. "Normal" Sea Floor Guardians will have this in Jade through Fern for the algae sometimes found in shallow seas, while those Contaminated by the Cataclysm of their home will have this in Mantis through Peridot. [/list] [center][color=black][size=4][b]Seaweed Guardians[/b][/size][/color][/center] [b][i]Primary:[/i][/b] [list] [*]Jupiter. Jade through Leaf. [/list] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=36&bodygene=14&breed=2&element=2&gender=0&tert=130&tertgene=19&winggene=6&wings=21&auth=07b4e6184f99fb2dd25b84540ea1754a368f1c4f&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [center]Contaminated Seaweed Guardian[/center] [center][color=black][size=4][b]Brown Kelp Guardians[/b][/size][/color][/center] [b][i]Primary:[/i][/b] [list] [*]Jupiter. Murk through Amber, Tan through Clay, or Soil through Chocolate. [/list] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=41&bodygene=14&breed=2&element=2&gender=1&tert=35&tertgene=7&winggene=18&wings=145&auth=2fd8a836cb9866bbbf20c69b9b2a5eba45cb9c5f&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [center]Brown Kelp Guardian[/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=165&bodygene=14&breed=2&element=2&gender=1&tert=154&tertgene=19&winggene=18&wings=145&auth=a85cde67b2d01acfd2d409666dca590b9358e36b&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [center]Brown Kelp Guardian[/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=124&bodygene=14&breed=2&element=2&gender=0&tert=79&tertgene=7&winggene=18&wings=145&auth=b19a8b4d63e8f871c6eb7bb08c8130efa73af1c5&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [center]Contaminated Brown Kelp Guardian[/center] [center][color=black][size=4][b]Coral Guardians[/b][/size][/color][/center] [b][i]Primary:[/i][/b] [list] [*]Bar, Jaguar or Poison. Corals can be many different colors, so this type can be any color [i][b]excluding[/b][/i] Moon through Midnight. White coral types specifically represent dead coral. [/list] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=19&breed=2&element=2&gender=0&tert=32&tertgene=19&winggene=18&wings=145&auth=d94b04f8f9b3cf8d839abb710b894bbdda4ee691&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [center]Dead Coral Guardian[/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=6&breed=2&element=2&gender=1&tert=32&tertgene=19&winggene=6&wings=117&auth=0ded6dc97183cb452bfe890f8d96892be6e2b023&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [center]Purple Coral Guardian[/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=110&bodygene=11&breed=2&element=2&gender=0&tert=32&tertgene=7&winggene=6&wings=117&auth=863326de987edd9664e9f4fbde4fd5f59063ecca&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [center]Yellow Coral Guardian[/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=158&bodygene=6&breed=2&element=2&gender=1&tert=130&tertgene=7&winggene=6&wings=117&auth=5f51eae4e9f6752ba925f836a7fe6cf3608d4196&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [center]Contaminated Orange Coral Guardian[/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=58&bodygene=19&breed=2&element=2&gender=0&tert=80&tertgene=19&winggene=18&wings=99&auth=a476d4cc44abde4022ee07161496431e31d35f87&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [center]Red Coral Guardian[/center] [/code] My hub will be here if you want to see what that code looks like: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2392864 Here is what I have for lore so far: [code] Off the shores of the Viridian Labyrinth is a shallow sea, which is home to a coral reef. Many different types of sea life can be found here, from small, colorful fish, up to the predators that feed on them. Amongst all of these different forms of life, are the Guardians who have made this reef their home. They call themselves Sea Floor Guardians. These Guardians are masters of mimicry, and their patterns and colors hide them both from the fish they hunt and from enemies that venture into their reef. They have developed blue patterns in their wings that mimic the sun filtering in through the bright blue seawater, green patterns that mimic green sea plants or the green algae that sometimes grows in their waters, and their bodies have developed a wide range of colors and patterns to mimic the corals and other plant life that grows there. They are capable of hiding extremely effectively behind the enormous coral structures, in beds of seaweed, and in the forest of brown kelp that make up their habitat. No one knows where these Guardians originally came from or how long they have lived in this great reef, but it has been the goal of these Guardians to protect the reef they live in from natural disasters or from other dragons who might endanger the delicate balance of the ecosystem there. And for a very long time, they were successful, and the reef thrived. [/code] I will be adding more to that, I just wanted to get this in before moving across the US this week, so my additions might be a while. This was my discussion post on it : http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fl10/2390228 I hope this was everything you needed! Let me know if it's not! =)
@NorthWhiteWolf

I have another subspecies I'd like to submit! Sea Floor Guardians!

Here's the code for my subspecies requirements:
Code:
[center][color=black][size=5][b]Subspecies Requirements[/b][/size][/color][/center] [center][color=black][size=4][b]There are a few different types for this subspecies. But they all have the following requirements in common:[/b][/size][/color][/center] Sea Floor Guardians must be Guardians, as Guardians are more aquatic than other breeds. They can be any flight, as those who have wandered from their homeland have nests in other realms. [b][i]Secondary:[/i][/b] [list] [*]Current or Safari. Blue through Stonewash or Caribbean through Robin. Not too dark. [/list] [b][i]Tertiary:[/i][/b] [list] [*]Smoke or Smirch. "Normal" Sea Floor Guardians will have this in Jade through Fern for the algae sometimes found in shallow seas, while those Contaminated by the Cataclysm of their home will have this in Mantis through Peridot. [/list] [center][color=black][size=4][b]Seaweed Guardians[/b][/size][/color][/center] [b][i]Primary:[/i][/b] [list] [*]Jupiter. Jade through Leaf. [/list] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=36&bodygene=14&breed=2&element=2&gender=0&tert=130&tertgene=19&winggene=6&wings=21&auth=07b4e6184f99fb2dd25b84540ea1754a368f1c4f&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [center]Contaminated Seaweed Guardian[/center] [center][color=black][size=4][b]Brown Kelp Guardians[/b][/size][/color][/center] [b][i]Primary:[/i][/b] [list] [*]Jupiter. Murk through Amber, Tan through Clay, or Soil through Chocolate. [/list] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=41&bodygene=14&breed=2&element=2&gender=1&tert=35&tertgene=7&winggene=18&wings=145&auth=2fd8a836cb9866bbbf20c69b9b2a5eba45cb9c5f&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [center]Brown Kelp Guardian[/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=165&bodygene=14&breed=2&element=2&gender=1&tert=154&tertgene=19&winggene=18&wings=145&auth=a85cde67b2d01acfd2d409666dca590b9358e36b&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [center]Brown Kelp Guardian[/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=124&bodygene=14&breed=2&element=2&gender=0&tert=79&tertgene=7&winggene=18&wings=145&auth=b19a8b4d63e8f871c6eb7bb08c8130efa73af1c5&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [center]Contaminated Brown Kelp Guardian[/center] [center][color=black][size=4][b]Coral Guardians[/b][/size][/color][/center] [b][i]Primary:[/i][/b] [list] [*]Bar, Jaguar or Poison. Corals can be many different colors, so this type can be any color [i][b]excluding[/b][/i] Moon through Midnight. White coral types specifically represent dead coral. [/list] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=19&breed=2&element=2&gender=0&tert=32&tertgene=19&winggene=18&wings=145&auth=d94b04f8f9b3cf8d839abb710b894bbdda4ee691&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [center]Dead Coral Guardian[/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=6&breed=2&element=2&gender=1&tert=32&tertgene=19&winggene=6&wings=117&auth=0ded6dc97183cb452bfe890f8d96892be6e2b023&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [center]Purple Coral Guardian[/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=110&bodygene=11&breed=2&element=2&gender=0&tert=32&tertgene=7&winggene=6&wings=117&auth=863326de987edd9664e9f4fbde4fd5f59063ecca&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [center]Yellow Coral Guardian[/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=158&bodygene=6&breed=2&element=2&gender=1&tert=130&tertgene=7&winggene=6&wings=117&auth=5f51eae4e9f6752ba925f836a7fe6cf3608d4196&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [center]Contaminated Orange Coral Guardian[/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=58&bodygene=19&breed=2&element=2&gender=0&tert=80&tertgene=19&winggene=18&wings=99&auth=a476d4cc44abde4022ee07161496431e31d35f87&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [center]Red Coral Guardian[/center]

My hub will be here if you want to see what that code looks like:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2392864

Here is what I have for lore so far:
Code:
Off the shores of the Viridian Labyrinth is a shallow sea, which is home to a coral reef. Many different types of sea life can be found here, from small, colorful fish, up to the predators that feed on them. Amongst all of these different forms of life, are the Guardians who have made this reef their home. They call themselves Sea Floor Guardians. These Guardians are masters of mimicry, and their patterns and colors hide them both from the fish they hunt and from enemies that venture into their reef. They have developed blue patterns in their wings that mimic the sun filtering in through the bright blue seawater, green patterns that mimic green sea plants or the green algae that sometimes grows in their waters, and their bodies have developed a wide range of colors and patterns to mimic the corals and other plant life that grows there. They are capable of hiding extremely effectively behind the enormous coral structures, in beds of seaweed, and in the forest of brown kelp that make up their habitat. No one knows where these Guardians originally came from or how long they have lived in this great reef, but it has been the goal of these Guardians to protect the reef they live in from natural disasters or from other dragons who might endanger the delicate balance of the ecosystem there. And for a very long time, they were successful, and the reef thrived.

I will be adding more to that, I just wanted to get this in before moving across the US this week, so my additions might be a while.

This was my discussion post on it : http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fl10/2390228

I hope this was everything you needed! Let me know if it's not! =)
fNmS9bV.png
kKraFP4.png MUYNhfy.png
VjdktqS.png
WKtl2lb.png
kKraFP4.png Kaliqo.gif
@kpark0

Looks like everything is there. I'll add the subspecies to the hub tomorrow evening. :)
@kpark0

Looks like everything is there. I'll add the subspecies to the hub tomorrow evening. :)
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 25 26