Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | *Screams at new forums*
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 86 87
I liked the old version a lot better! new version has a lot less visual distinction between elements. Even just typing this, my icon is hovering off in the white space of the great beyond over to the left there, there's nothing separating the "quick reply" box and the forum itself. The red and tan squares were charming, fit the rest of the site aesthetic, and, most importantly, gave your eye clear boundaries as to where everything is. [quote]Plus, the quote boxes reeeally stand out now.[/quote] I do like the extra functionality. not sure what I think about the blick button being RIGHT THERE, I feel like I'm going to press it accidentally since it's the one furthest to the right. And having to hover over the icons to see what they are is a huge accessibility barrier for people on mobile or using text-to-speech readers and such. EDIT: I also don't like how the background that the vistas fade to is now white no matter the background colour of the post itself. This post is tan, my vista fades to white, it looks a tad off is all I'm saying.
I liked the old version a lot better! new version has a lot less visual distinction between elements. Even just typing this, my icon is hovering off in the white space of the great beyond over to the left there, there's nothing separating the "quick reply" box and the forum itself. The red and tan squares were charming, fit the rest of the site aesthetic, and, most importantly, gave your eye clear boundaries as to where everything is.
Quote:
Plus, the quote boxes reeeally stand out now.

I do like the extra functionality. not sure what I think about the blick button being RIGHT THERE, I feel like I'm going to press it accidentally since it's the one furthest to the right. And having to hover over the icons to see what they are is a huge accessibility barrier for people on mobile or using text-to-speech readers and such.

EDIT: I also don't like how the background that the vistas fade to is now white no matter the background colour of the post itself. This post is tan, my vista fades to white, it looks a tad off is all I'm saying.
ZT1GQLd.png
@dootflute
If you click the block button a pop up asks "Do you really want to block X user?" so thankfully accidental misclicks have already been thought about and protected from. No one can accidentally block a user unless there's 2 accidental misclicks in a fairly wild event.
@dootflute
If you click the block button a pop up asks "Do you really want to block X user?" so thankfully accidental misclicks have already been thought about and protected from. No one can accidentally block a user unless there's 2 accidental misclicks in a fairly wild event.
At least give us OPTIONS? It doesn't hurt my eyes too bad, but this is a good, non-migrainey day. Give us the option to change up the color scheme at the very least.
At least give us OPTIONS? It doesn't hurt my eyes too bad, but this is a good, non-migrainey day. Give us the option to change up the color scheme at the very least.
@RedWillia
Now it works as usual, thanks! ^^
@RedWillia
Now it works as usual, thanks! ^^
YM7fnsh.gif
I'm wondering if it looks incomplete because the timestamps are kinda floating in nothing? I think other than that I could get used to it.

EDIT because omg the owl gif I just spent way too much time staring at it
I'm wondering if it looks incomplete because the timestamps are kinda floating in nothing? I think other than that I could get used to it.

EDIT because omg the owl gif I just spent way too much time staring at it
wq9PoXA.png
Too much white for me as well but Im loving the rounded messages and all the new options!
Too much white for me as well but Im loving the rounded messages and all the new options!
Hmm. I preferred the dark frames. They made it way easier to tell posts apart. Now everything blends together... I'll deal with it, but I really want an option to put the frames back. Plus, I hate how all the buttons and timestamps on top of the posts are just floating. I mean, it's absolutely possible to have contrasting borders and still look modern (or whatever look they're going for).

But I definitely love how the little "last edited" thing is more subtle now!
Hmm. I preferred the dark frames. They made it way easier to tell posts apart. Now everything blends together... I'll deal with it, but I really want an option to put the frames back. Plus, I hate how all the buttons and timestamps on top of the posts are just floating. I mean, it's absolutely possible to have contrasting borders and still look modern (or whatever look they're going for).

But I definitely love how the little "last edited" thing is more subtle now!
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
My only complaints are the brightness of the forums and the spaces between the posts being so large. Totally fine with the buttons, though as @Tunesmith said, accessibility should be the first concern. A good fix would be an accessibility mode, along with a darkroom mode. That way people could self-select a fix. That being said, having those buttons is a huge boon and I'm super happy having them exist!
My only complaints are the brightness of the forums and the spaces between the posts being so large. Totally fine with the buttons, though as @Tunesmith said, accessibility should be the first concern. A good fix would be an accessibility mode, along with a darkroom mode. That way people could self-select a fix. That being said, having those buttons is a huge boon and I'm super happy having them exist!
0b5ac273e23a1cd511b0d9f520dd2d8eb60d0cf3.png 9Ts3Q4r.png
JvUa9ma.png
mjtJ868.png
WI7lnRZ.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It's very much different than it used to be and takes some time to get used to for sure but I don't hate it. Might be a bit bright as some people have mentioned. I like the buttons too though I'm not a fan of friend-button as I dislike random friend requests. Otherwise I love how vistas stand out now! :)
It's very much different than it used to be and takes some time to get used to for sure but I don't hate it. Might be a bit bright as some people have mentioned. I like the buttons too though I'm not a fan of friend-button as I dislike random friend requests. Otherwise I love how vistas stand out now! :)
HlyrCMY.png
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time flies when you're having rum me boys,
Time flies when you're having rum,
When you're sailing under the black flag
And you're firing all your guns
- Pirates for Sale
JsGepaO.png

xCFDZf6.png
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2272462#post_2272462][img]https://i.imgur.com/yC1peZI.png[/img][/url]. [code][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2272462#post_2272462][img]https://i.imgur.com/yC1peZI.png[/img][/url].[/code]
yC1peZI.png.
Code:
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2272462#post_2272462][img]https://i.imgur.com/yC1peZI.png[/img][/url].
Caught between the mundanely awkward and the existentially impossible.
-Alice Isn't Dead, Part 2, chapter 4, 11:55

1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 86 87