Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [D7] Disney Encyclopaedia: Mafia Thread
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 133 134
Ohhh, I get it now, I didn't mean it in a way of
'I need to cover my tracks'
but as a
'I have only played a few games and have never survived how do I be good.'

And sometimes I enjoy people sussing me, either when I am scum or not, because it means I can get into a confrontation, and arguing is one of my hobbies. Just so long as I don't die as a result.
Ohhh, I get it now, I didn't mean it in a way of
'I need to cover my tracks'
but as a
'I have only played a few games and have never survived how do I be good.'

And sometimes I enjoy people sussing me, either when I am scum or not, because it means I can get into a confrontation, and arguing is one of my hobbies. Just so long as I don't die as a result.
_________________ fire_rune_100x100.png fire_rune_100x100.png
[quote name="Avante" date=2018-02-10 17:26:28] I guess it's just this [quote name="Solanceae" date=2018-02-10 01:33:40] @/Avante I'm kinda said that you stopped your read list before doing mine:( I always enjoy finding out what people think of me, so I can improve! [/quote] I know it could be interpreted both ways, so that's why I'm not entirely certain yet. [/quote] I see how this could be scummy, but it honestly just seems like a weird thing to go off of. Out of everyone here, Storm has made the most of what I would call scumslips, so if anything I'm inclined to vote her.
Avante wrote on 2018-02-10:
I guess it's just this
Solanceae wrote on 2018-02-10:
@/Avante

I'm kinda said that you stopped your read list before doing mine:( I always enjoy finding out what people think of me, so I can improve!

I know it could be interpreted both ways, so that's why I'm not entirely certain yet.

I see how this could be scummy, but it honestly just seems like a weird thing to go off of. Out of everyone here, Storm has made the most of what I would call scumslips, so if anything I'm inclined to vote her.
ZpOY68p.gif MVeeidp.png starry_CpvLEvJ.png
— chaotic neutral
— entp-t
— slytherin
— she/her
— FR+3
They aren't scumslips but I guess take that how you will lol
They aren't scumslips but I guess take that how you will lol
jghAv2V.png
I'm... *sigh* I'm... not scum?
1) why would I reveal my location if I were scum? As scum I'd be freaking out about cop invests and revealing my location plus all this about revealing locations would def put a target on my back, wouldn't it?
2) revealing locations would make me plus maf team more exposed if I were scum. My scum mindset would probably be stay alive more than to hunt down power roles so... not really?
Since scum has smaller numbers, I'd personally prioritize staying alive rather than getting kills (both are important ofc) and yeahh
3) I scumhunt using a "would i do this as scum" mindset, so my "scumslips" were kind of a "would I have done this as scum? Nop, so I'm town!" thing, but believe that as you will I guess.
1) why would I reveal my location if I were scum? As scum I'd be freaking out about cop invests and revealing my location plus all this about revealing locations would def put a target on my back, wouldn't it?
2) revealing locations would make me plus maf team more exposed if I were scum. My scum mindset would probably be stay alive more than to hunt down power roles so... not really?
Since scum has smaller numbers, I'd personally prioritize staying alive rather than getting kills (both are important ofc) and yeahh
3) I scumhunt using a "would i do this as scum" mindset, so my "scumslips" were kind of a "would I have done this as scum? Nop, so I'm town!" thing, but believe that as you will I guess.
jghAv2V.png
Hi, everyone. So sorry I haven't been able to get to the chat until now. I'll read though the thread and let everyone know what I think.
Hi, everyone. So sorry I haven't been able to get to the chat until now. I'll read though the thread and let everyone know what I think.
1. What are your opinions on Day 1 Lynches?

I usually do push for lynches day one, but since I'm so late into the first day, I might have to settle for a day two lynch this time. I do like to have some time before i start making accusations.

2. What is your opinion on lurkers?

I'm not a huge fan of lurkers, but I find they are usually made up of three kinds of people: newbies, people busy irl, and mafia. I don't really like voting off new players just for being new, but eventually you do have to draw a line and start voting off people who aren't contributing. Voting off lurkers is usually best for later in the game.

3. What is your opinion on sheeping?

Sheeping does raise a lot of red flags for be because it means that you're not coming up with any ideas yourself and relying on others to get you though the game, which is, in my opinion, poor sportsman ship. I think mafia do tend to sheep more than average players and will hold them up to more scrutiny than lurkers (unless I know the lurker's play style already).
1. What are your opinions on Day 1 Lynches?

I usually do push for lynches day one, but since I'm so late into the first day, I might have to settle for a day two lynch this time. I do like to have some time before i start making accusations.

2. What is your opinion on lurkers?

I'm not a huge fan of lurkers, but I find they are usually made up of three kinds of people: newbies, people busy irl, and mafia. I don't really like voting off new players just for being new, but eventually you do have to draw a line and start voting off people who aren't contributing. Voting off lurkers is usually best for later in the game.

3. What is your opinion on sheeping?

Sheeping does raise a lot of red flags for be because it means that you're not coming up with any ideas yourself and relying on others to get you though the game, which is, in my opinion, poor sportsman ship. I think mafia do tend to sheep more than average players and will hold them up to more scrutiny than lurkers (unless I know the lurker's play style already).
Ok, hi everyone!
I'm Rey, and I'm technically in retirement from mafia games, but I keep coming back. I've played with about half of you guys before (Storm, Raven, Kawaii, Shadow, ect.)
I'm fr+2, and shouldn't be spotty anymore, so expect more post from me (If you don't kill me day 1 lol)
I've played my fair share of mafia games in the past, so I'm by no means a newbie.

As to what's going on right now:

@StormDreamer: Storm's a dork. I can't believe that she would give herself away on day one, even if she didn't think anyone was listening. It's far more likely she's just joking around. No lynch mob until she does any other scummy things.

@Avante/@Solanceae: Both come off as kind of, a problem for long term playing. They both seem to post a lot, but spend the majority of the post reiterating something already said, or on irrelevant information. The accusation does seem to come out of left field a little bit too much for my liking and i really don't like basing my votes on someone else's gut feeling. I have them too, and I know it's really annoying that no one will listen to you, but it's far to easily to be manipulated by the mafia that way. Neither player screams scum, but I would like to keep an eye on both of you.

@starrynite: I lot of posts, but there seems to be little substance in them and she seems to confused by a lot of things. I hope her posts get some more substance or I'll start squinting.

Original: Although important to understand the rules, speculating on how the mafia kills is less of a priority than focusing on who doing the killing.

Sorry I'm so negative right now. Hopefully more, positive posts to come.
Ok, hi everyone!
I'm Rey, and I'm technically in retirement from mafia games, but I keep coming back. I've played with about half of you guys before (Storm, Raven, Kawaii, Shadow, ect.)
I'm fr+2, and shouldn't be spotty anymore, so expect more post from me (If you don't kill me day 1 lol)
I've played my fair share of mafia games in the past, so I'm by no means a newbie.

As to what's going on right now:

@StormDreamer: Storm's a dork. I can't believe that she would give herself away on day one, even if she didn't think anyone was listening. It's far more likely she's just joking around. No lynch mob until she does any other scummy things.

@Avante/@Solanceae: Both come off as kind of, a problem for long term playing. They both seem to post a lot, but spend the majority of the post reiterating something already said, or on irrelevant information. The accusation does seem to come out of left field a little bit too much for my liking and i really don't like basing my votes on someone else's gut feeling. I have them too, and I know it's really annoying that no one will listen to you, but it's far to easily to be manipulated by the mafia that way. Neither player screams scum, but I would like to keep an eye on both of you.

@starrynite: I lot of posts, but there seems to be little substance in them and she seems to confused by a lot of things. I hope her posts get some more substance or I'll start squinting.

Original: Although important to understand the rules, speculating on how the mafia kills is less of a priority than focusing on who doing the killing.

Sorry I'm so negative right now. Hopefully more, positive posts to come.
//raises eyebrow

How am I confused about "a lot of things" (besides you calling me confused about a lot of things, heh)? The posts I made have been bringing up possibilities, as there's not really anything to go off of currently. There's not even anything to be certain about at this point besides the Original being "head of Mafia" and, of course, Storm being in the Pridelands due to her reveal.

I'll admit a lot of my posts have been fluff- it's hard to switch between playing metas, as I recently played games where the RVS stage was basically the entire game. With these types of games, I've noticed RVS will get you killed or lynched immediately.
//raises eyebrow

How am I confused about "a lot of things" (besides you calling me confused about a lot of things, heh)? The posts I made have been bringing up possibilities, as there's not really anything to go off of currently. There's not even anything to be certain about at this point besides the Original being "head of Mafia" and, of course, Storm being in the Pridelands due to her reveal.

I'll admit a lot of my posts have been fluff- it's hard to switch between playing metas, as I recently played games where the RVS stage was basically the entire game. With these types of games, I've noticed RVS will get you killed or lynched immediately.
— chaotic neutral
— entp-t
— slytherin
— she/her
— FR+3
@starrynite

What do you mean by RVS?

(I might not respond right away, I'm headed off to bed but might check in.)
@starrynite

What do you mean by RVS?

(I might not respond right away, I'm headed off to bed but might check in.)
He/She/They | FR +3
[quote name="StormDreamer" date=2018-02-10 18:24:18] I'm... *sigh* I'm... not scum? 1) why would I reveal my location if I were scum? As scum I'd be freaking out about cop invests and revealing my location plus all this about revealing locations would def put a target on my back, wouldn't it? 2) revealing locations would make me plus maf team more exposed if I were scum. My scum mindset would probably be stay alive more than to hunt down power roles so... not really? Since scum has smaller numbers, I'd personally prioritize staying alive rather than getting kills (both are important ofc) and yeahh 3) I scumhunt using a "would i do this as scum" mindset, so my "scumslips" were kind of a "would I have done this as scum? Nop, so I'm town!" thing, but believe that as you will I guess. [/quote] 1) Yes, but the excuse you gave as to revealing was very towny and beneficial to town, rivaled only by my point on how it would may actually help the mafia and then by Xoti's statements. 2) I'm actually not sure what to make of this point. Doesn't everyone want to stay alive, maf or town or 3P? I mean, unless you're jester, of course. 3) I didn't even call them scumslips- I said "what I would call scumslips". I agree with clw and Rey in that it does seem just like a mistake, I'm simply pointing out that you made the closest posts thus far to a scumslip. I'd like to clarify I do not completely sus anyone yet; I don't trust my reads at all, so I try not to be definite. Sorry for the sorta-tunnelling, Storm OTL
StormDreamer wrote on 2018-02-10:

1) Yes, but the excuse you gave as to revealing was very towny and beneficial to town, rivaled only by my point on how it would may actually help the mafia and then by Xoti's statements.

2) I'm actually not sure what to make of this point. Doesn't everyone want to stay alive, maf or town or 3P? I mean, unless you're jester, of course.

3) I didn't even call them scumslips- I said "what I would call scumslips". I agree with clw and Rey in that it does seem just like a mistake, I'm simply pointing out that you made the closest posts thus far to a scumslip.

I'd like to clarify I do not completely sus anyone yet; I don't trust my reads at all, so I try not to be definite.

Sorry for the sorta-tunnelling, Storm OTL
— chaotic neutral
— entp-t
— slytherin
— she/her
— FR+3
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 133 134