Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Musicals!!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@Icystorm

Oooohhh! That actually sounds really good, I'll have to check it out sometime!
@Icystorm

Oooohhh! That actually sounds really good, I'll have to check it out sometime!
@Orin
There is always a movie by the same name you can watch. ^^
@Orin
There is always a movie by the same name you can watch. ^^
dona_by_brambleclawandjaypaw-dbgci6v.png
@Icystorm

Oh sweet, what year was it made? I'll totally put that on my "to watch" list
@Icystorm

Oh sweet, what year was it made? I'll totally put that on my "to watch" list
@Orin
It was made in 1990
@Orin
It was made in 1990
dona_by_brambleclawandjaypaw-dbgci6v.png
@Nalora i just saw it and holy crap i loved it!!!! honestly, Nessa and Boq deserved a lot more than what they were given, and Boq shouldn't have tried to leave. And i think its hilariously sad that Elphaba ran off with her best friend's fiance! poor Galinda Glinda...

@Haddork *coughs* im a fake fan too. well, mostly. of all the musicals i listed in my first post, i've only seen Wicked live and most of a DEH bootleg and that was it. so you're not alone!

@Dragonartist24 *muffled shriek* i need to know your ships! i need to find fellow shippers!!!! mostly for DEH though. because i ship the unpopular ship. well, one of them at least. but yeah i love all those so much and they were the ones that started my musical craze.
@Nalora i just saw it and holy crap i loved it!!!! honestly, Nessa and Boq deserved a lot more than what they were given, and Boq shouldn't have tried to leave. And i think its hilariously sad that Elphaba ran off with her best friend's fiance! poor Galinda Glinda...

@Haddork *coughs* im a fake fan too. well, mostly. of all the musicals i listed in my first post, i've only seen Wicked live and most of a DEH bootleg and that was it. so you're not alone!

@Dragonartist24 *muffled shriek* i need to know your ships! i need to find fellow shippers!!!! mostly for DEH though. because i ship the unpopular ship. well, one of them at least. but yeah i love all those so much and they were the ones that started my musical craze.
aaabY55.gifwater_acebling_by_cicide76536-dcipzis.gifWIrxbxw.pngot6V0KH.pngtumblr_pfujchNmpw1xtta8zo1_100.png
@Zeldonyx
Heather's was my first musical. :) I don't hardcore ship anything, I just mostly fly with canon, but feel free to rant/talk about them whenever you want!
@Zeldonyx
Heather's was my first musical. :) I don't hardcore ship anything, I just mostly fly with canon, but feel free to rant/talk about them whenever you want!
The Heathers reboot is BAD.
The Heathers reboot is BAD.
@Dragonartist24 #1 do you ship kleinsen (Evan x Jared) and #2 THE HEATHERS REBOOT IS HORRIBLE AND I HATE IT AND THE PEOPLE WHO THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA NEED TO BE BURNED ok rant over.
@Dragonartist24 #1 do you ship kleinsen (Evan x Jared) and #2 THE HEATHERS REBOOT IS HORRIBLE AND I HATE IT AND THE PEOPLE WHO THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA NEED TO BE BURNED ok rant over.
aaabY55.gifwater_acebling_by_cicide76536-dcipzis.gifWIrxbxw.pngot6V0KH.pngtumblr_pfujchNmpw1xtta8zo1_100.png
I have never watched any of NBC's live musicals before, but I am so excited for Jesus Christ Superstar! I heard Alice Cooper was involved and tbh I can't deny how awesome Alice + ALW sounds. Anyone else excited or ever watched their other stuff?
I have never watched any of NBC's live musicals before, but I am so excited for Jesus Christ Superstar! I heard Alice Cooper was involved and tbh I can't deny how awesome Alice + ALW sounds. Anyone else excited or ever watched their other stuff?
@Zeldonyx
It's more plausible than Evan and Connor. Also, I think the problem with the Heathers reboot is that the people don't "get" the concept of it. It's a parody of society, not something to be taken literally (the characters were color-coded for Tidelord's sakes), but that's what they did. Then they decided to add minorities to make it "more inclusive" and picked the wrong characters for that. I'm pretty sure that they were thinking something on the lines of "Hey! Let's make this more modern by having the popular kids be minorities! It'll break a bunch of tropes and have the LGBT+ community invested in it. Plus, it'll set us apart from the movie and the musical. :)" Except (as anybody whose seen even a smidgen of Heathers can tell you) the Heathers are villains too. Sure, J.D. is horrific, but they willfully break other people down and use their assets for their own advantage. If they wanted to 'add minorities' they could have made J.D. or Veronica representatives (tbh, either way you look at it, it's either two white kids hunting down other minorities or two minorities hunting down a bunch of white kids, and both are bad) or even made a bunch of minor/side characters to represent different populations (half of the random ships Kurt and Ram and their dads are canonically bi/gay/pan/demi/however you want to look at it in the Musical [haven't watched the movie yet so I can't vouch for that.]). And sure there is the possibility that they could be worried that people would accuse them of "not giving minorities major roles" (which is a problem that's very slowly getting fixed), but it was announced that the first season would be 'the movie' and that the rest of the show will be focused on exploring the Heathers world a bit more. So use those seasons to create character arcs and give one-dimensional characters some more background/life! That being said, don't give the actors hate over this. This is something they do for money (to live!) and they don't deserve backwash over this.
@Zeldonyx
It's more plausible than Evan and Connor. Also, I think the problem with the Heathers reboot is that the people don't "get" the concept of it. It's a parody of society, not something to be taken literally (the characters were color-coded for Tidelord's sakes), but that's what they did. Then they decided to add minorities to make it "more inclusive" and picked the wrong characters for that. I'm pretty sure that they were thinking something on the lines of "Hey! Let's make this more modern by having the popular kids be minorities! It'll break a bunch of tropes and have the LGBT+ community invested in it. Plus, it'll set us apart from the movie and the musical. :)" Except (as anybody whose seen even a smidgen of Heathers can tell you) the Heathers are villains too. Sure, J.D. is horrific, but they willfully break other people down and use their assets for their own advantage. If they wanted to 'add minorities' they could have made J.D. or Veronica representatives (tbh, either way you look at it, it's either two white kids hunting down other minorities or two minorities hunting down a bunch of white kids, and both are bad) or even made a bunch of minor/side characters to represent different populations (half of the random ships Kurt and Ram and their dads are canonically bi/gay/pan/demi/however you want to look at it in the Musical [haven't watched the movie yet so I can't vouch for that.]). And sure there is the possibility that they could be worried that people would accuse them of "not giving minorities major roles" (which is a problem that's very slowly getting fixed), but it was announced that the first season would be 'the movie' and that the rest of the show will be focused on exploring the Heathers world a bit more. So use those seasons to create character arcs and give one-dimensional characters some more background/life! That being said, don't give the actors hate over this. This is something they do for money (to live!) and they don't deserve backwash over this.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9