Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Coliseum: slows after magic attacks
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
I have this issue, specifically when using Contuse, and then only sometimes it effects but.
This really shouldn't be happening.
I have this issue, specifically when using Contuse, and then only sometimes it effects but.
This really shouldn't be happening.
stillntsorry_zpsa2d2b782.png PLAGUEBRINGER_sig.png
Okay I really want to be happy about the new venue but ever since it was implemented when I try to enter any venue, although the Coli loaded just fine before that when I choose a venue you can see how loading is slower and then the venue is fragmented.... it's like, to those that have/had the issue of a mage attack slowing the venue, now it's like that from the very start and really horrible!!!

It feels like frames are missing from the animations and instead of watching 1,2,3,4,5 you see 1,3,5... I don't know how to better explain it. Please look into it!!!

Yes my PC is old (more than 7yrs) but it runs W7 Ultimate 64bit just fine and I have the latest Firefox. I did have the slow motion problem before but it could be fixed with a reload of the coli, but after the update it's like that from the start and with no solution whatsoever!!!
Okay I really want to be happy about the new venue but ever since it was implemented when I try to enter any venue, although the Coli loaded just fine before that when I choose a venue you can see how loading is slower and then the venue is fragmented.... it's like, to those that have/had the issue of a mage attack slowing the venue, now it's like that from the very start and really horrible!!!

It feels like frames are missing from the animations and instead of watching 1,2,3,4,5 you see 1,3,5... I don't know how to better explain it. Please look into it!!!

Yes my PC is old (more than 7yrs) but it runs W7 Ultimate 64bit just fine and I have the latest Firefox. I did have the slow motion problem before but it could be fixed with a reload of the coli, but after the update it's like that from the start and with no solution whatsoever!!!
Just want to say that this problem is STILL going on. Several years (from what I can see) and still no fix.

A few things I noticed:
  • Bolt spells and Aid-type healing spells are still the only thing that cause this (melee spells work fine)
  • On the dragons' side, any of them firing a bolt or Aid-type spell can cause the slow-down
  • On the enemies' side, the slow-down only occurs if a bolt spell targets the FIRST dragon in your party (the one furthest to the top in battle)

Edit: Forgot to post what I'm using! I'm using Chrome on Windows 7.
Just want to say that this problem is STILL going on. Several years (from what I can see) and still no fix.

A few things I noticed:
  • Bolt spells and Aid-type healing spells are still the only thing that cause this (melee spells work fine)
  • On the dragons' side, any of them firing a bolt or Aid-type spell can cause the slow-down
  • On the enemies' side, the slow-down only occurs if a bolt spell targets the FIRST dragon in your party (the one furthest to the top in battle)

iwtfhg_by_intimer_genetics_inc-d9wq4o5.png
x3
this only happens to me when i'm on mobile (chrome, android 4.2.2), while i don't think it has ever happened on pc (chrome, windows 10).
the moment an enemy casts a magic attack, everything slows down so much.
this only happens to me when i'm on mobile (chrome, android 4.2.2), while i don't think it has ever happened on pc (chrome, windows 10).
the moment an enemy casts a magic attack, everything slows down so much.
fzww6al.png
I'm having this problem either after the first or second spell cast. It started happening, last couple of weeks? It wasn't consistant but now it is. I'm running Chrome 57 on Mac El Captian.
I'm having this problem either after the first or second spell cast. It started happening, last couple of weeks? It wasn't consistant but now it is. I'm running Chrome 57 on Mac El Captian.
After a few more Coliseum battles in the Training Fields, I have noticed other things.
  • On the dragons' side, targeting the topmost enemy with a bolt spell will cause the worst-case scenario (unplayability). Targeting any other enemy, however, causes a less-severe slowdown and prevents the worst-case slowdown from occurring. In short, a bolt spell on any enemy other than the topmost one will at least keep the framerate playable.
  • If the less-severe case occurs, subsequent attacks, regardless of type, will move at the normal framerate, but it'll slow back down straight after.
  • If the attack came from an enemy, and targeted the topmost dragon, more apparel-heavy dragons will make the worst-case slowdown more likely.

Using these, I'm effectively able to "game" the bug to where it isn't so severe. It's a decent workaround.
After a few more Coliseum battles in the Training Fields, I have noticed other things.
  • On the dragons' side, targeting the topmost enemy with a bolt spell will cause the worst-case scenario (unplayability). Targeting any other enemy, however, causes a less-severe slowdown and prevents the worst-case slowdown from occurring. In short, a bolt spell on any enemy other than the topmost one will at least keep the framerate playable.
  • If the less-severe case occurs, subsequent attacks, regardless of type, will move at the normal framerate, but it'll slow back down straight after.
  • If the attack came from an enemy, and targeted the topmost dragon, more apparel-heavy dragons will make the worst-case slowdown more likely.

Using these, I'm effectively able to "game" the bug to where it isn't so severe. It's a decent workaround.
iwtfhg_by_intimer_genetics_inc-d9wq4o5.png
x3
[quote name="hikarinomemori" date=2017-05-08 09:35:16] Just want to say that this problem is STILL going on. Several years (from what I can see) and still no fix. A few things I noticed: Bolt spells and Aid-type healing spells are still the only thing that cause this (melee spells work fine) On the dragons' side, any of them firing a bolt or Aid-type spell can cause the slow-down On the enemies' side, the slow-down only occurs if a bolt spell targets the FIRST dragon in your party (the one furthest to the top in battle) Edit: Forgot to post what I'm using! I'm using Chrome on Windows 7. [/quote] I can confirm. Just switched to Chrome, this exact issue is occurring for me. On FireFox, it doesn't.
hikarinomemori wrote on 2017-05-08:

A few things I noticed:

Bolt spells and Aid-type healing spells are still the only thing that cause this (melee spells work fine)
On the dragons' side, any of them firing a bolt or Aid-type spell can cause the slow-down
On the enemies' side, the slow-down only occurs if a bolt spell targets the FIRST dragon in your party (the one furthest to the top in battle)

I can confirm. Just switched to Chrome, this exact issue is occurring for me. On FireFox, it doesn't.
__8Mc2PSM.gifAZMnV2C.pngjf9lrn8.gifVji3Tbo.gif
Still happening as of 3 February, 2018.
Still happening as of 3 February, 2018.
I've been noticing this issue for a while now, just realized there was a thread for it. The coliseum is a little slow for me (chrome/windows 7) and I tried to go to the safe mode link for the coli, which sped it up considerably, so I thought my problem was fixed until I used a magic attack, so here we are. :/
I've been noticing this issue for a while now, just realized there was a thread for it. The coliseum is a little slow for me (chrome/windows 7) and I tried to go to the safe mode link for the coli, which sped it up considerably, so I thought my problem was fixed until I used a magic attack, so here we are. :/
@taikunfoo
Have you checked the revamp bug/fix list? This is already fixed in the new version.
@taikunfoo
Have you checked the revamp bug/fix list? This is already fixed in the new version.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28