Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | 18+ forum?
1 2 3 4 5 6
@ismaiel

I came to discuss retirement plans and mortgages and all of the topics in the 18+ forums are about university work and drugs 0/10 would not recommand
@ismaiel

I came to discuss retirement plans and mortgages and all of the topics in the 18+ forums are about university work and drugs 0/10 would not recommand
@Sopheroo

Yeah like that. just without the drugs - they'd still be against the rules. But yes. The 18+ fraction complaining about the normal site talking about school and homework, the 25+ faction complaining about the 18+ faction with their talks about university and assignments, the 40+ faction complaining about the 25+ faction and their complaining about getting jobs and transistion to work, the 60+ complaining about the 40+ faction and that they are all tired and disillusioned and burnt out and lastly the 80+ faction wondering what the oter groups even complain about - all was much harder in their time and these youg folks should be happy with what they have.

I can totally see that. XD
@Sopheroo

Yeah like that. just without the drugs - they'd still be against the rules. But yes. The 18+ fraction complaining about the normal site talking about school and homework, the 25+ faction complaining about the 18+ faction with their talks about university and assignments, the 40+ faction complaining about the 25+ faction and their complaining about getting jobs and transistion to work, the 60+ complaining about the 40+ faction and that they are all tired and disillusioned and burnt out and lastly the 80+ faction wondering what the oter groups even complain about - all was much harder in their time and these youg folks should be happy with what they have.

I can totally see that. XD
TBH I already feel people are discussing things they shouldn't be talking about on the forums, hence I pretty much avoid all but suggestion forums
TBH I already feel people are discussing things they shouldn't be talking about on the forums, hence I pretty much avoid all but suggestion forums
DVcXRyP.png
While I would usually support something like this, I'm usually only on board with it if it's implemented from the start. Otherwise, I feel the sudden implementation of an 18+ forum would just be really out of place, especially since FR doesn't allow even the slightest of "adult" content, they're as PG as it gets.
While I would usually support something like this, I'm usually only on board with it if it's implemented from the start. Otherwise, I feel the sudden implementation of an 18+ forum would just be really out of place, especially since FR doesn't allow even the slightest of "adult" content, they're as PG as it gets.
Tn4aWhc.png
*rattles cane*

Where's my geezer board? The one with text this big as the base so I don't have to keep fiddling with my zoom.

Realistically, no support. Maturity isn't something that magically happens when you turn 18, 21, 30, 50 or contribute to creating a new human being or enter into a legal agreement joining your assets to another. Other than allowing topics back in that were removed for problematic posts there doesn't seem to be a benefit unless we all magically treat each other in a considerate manner and post thoughtfully on an 18+ board. I've worked customer service--this is not possible.

There's really no benefit to having an 18+ forum on a site rated for 13+. Gating access requires time and resources taken away from parts of the site that exist for all users. If FR players want to discuss something with adults they can gate however they want on social boards hosted by other sites. We do this now with flight-only, interest-only and role-playing.
*rattles cane*

Where's my geezer board? The one with text this big as the base so I don't have to keep fiddling with my zoom.

Realistically, no support. Maturity isn't something that magically happens when you turn 18, 21, 30, 50 or contribute to creating a new human being or enter into a legal agreement joining your assets to another. Other than allowing topics back in that were removed for problematic posts there doesn't seem to be a benefit unless we all magically treat each other in a considerate manner and post thoughtfully on an 18+ board. I've worked customer service--this is not possible.

There's really no benefit to having an 18+ forum on a site rated for 13+. Gating access requires time and resources taken away from parts of the site that exist for all users. If FR players want to discuss something with adults they can gate however they want on social boards hosted by other sites. We do this now with flight-only, interest-only and role-playing.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
I don't see why this would be needed? If you want to talk about more "adult" stuff, why are you doing it on FR? Politics and religion do not belong on a dragon pet site.

Also, people would lie about their age, just to get to this forum, which entirely defeats the purpose of having an 18+ forum because half of the people there would be younger.
I don't see why this would be needed? If you want to talk about more "adult" stuff, why are you doing it on FR? Politics and religion do not belong on a dragon pet site.

Also, people would lie about their age, just to get to this forum, which entirely defeats the purpose of having an 18+ forum because half of the people there would be younger.
As adults, can't we all act like them and keep our mouths and humor PG? It can't be that hard for people... Just reign it in and have some self control and self respect.

No support
As adults, can't we all act like them and keep our mouths and humor PG? It can't be that hard for people... Just reign it in and have some self control and self respect.

No support
Even though I'm not generally opposed to 18+ forum sections, I'm simply not sure it would work well for FR.

While I don't participate in forum discussions much, I tend to read some, and I've seen the most immature, passive-aggressive and disrespectful behaviour coming from quite a lot of (presumably) adult individuals on here. While it's a shame that a number of topics cannot be discussed in the forums any longer, the limits were probably imposed for a reason. If anything, I'd say that it is the local community that made this - I've seen a number of other forums with a teen+ audience and said topic allowed, and things tend to go fine. From what I've witnessed on this site, even with the current limitations it seems very easy to trigger inappropriate behaviour by just about anything some people might disagree with.

It doesn't seem to me that creating an adult forum for certain subjects would suddenly change the situation and a healthy atmosphere could be maintained there - assuming some of the previously banned "controversial" topics became allowed there. And if they are not to be allowed in the new 18+ section, then I do not really see the point in making one in the first place, if the same rules apply to the already existing general forums anyway.
Even though I'm not generally opposed to 18+ forum sections, I'm simply not sure it would work well for FR.

While I don't participate in forum discussions much, I tend to read some, and I've seen the most immature, passive-aggressive and disrespectful behaviour coming from quite a lot of (presumably) adult individuals on here. While it's a shame that a number of topics cannot be discussed in the forums any longer, the limits were probably imposed for a reason. If anything, I'd say that it is the local community that made this - I've seen a number of other forums with a teen+ audience and said topic allowed, and things tend to go fine. From what I've witnessed on this site, even with the current limitations it seems very easy to trigger inappropriate behaviour by just about anything some people might disagree with.

It doesn't seem to me that creating an adult forum for certain subjects would suddenly change the situation and a healthy atmosphere could be maintained there - assuming some of the previously banned "controversial" topics became allowed there. And if they are not to be allowed in the new 18+ section, then I do not really see the point in making one in the first place, if the same rules apply to the already existing general forums anyway.
[quote name="Weidenbaum" date=2018-01-10 21:17:01] Even though I'm not generally opposed to 18+ forum sections, I'm simply not sure it would work well for FR. While I don't participate in forum discussions much, I tend to read some, and I've seen the most immature, passive-aggressive and disrespectful behaviour coming from quite a lot of (presumably) adult individuals on here. While it's a shame that a number of topics cannot be discussed in the forums any longer, the limits were probably imposed for a reason. If anything, I'd say that it is the local community that made this - I've seen a number of other forums with a teen+ audience and said topic allowed, and things tend to go fine. From what I've witnessed on this site, even with the current limitations it seems very easy to trigger inappropriate behaviour by just about anything some people might disagree with. It doesn't seem to me that creating an adult forum for certain subjects would suddenly change the situation and a healthy atmosphere could be maintained there - assuming some of the previously banned "controversial" topics became allowed there. And if they are not to be allowed in the new 18+ section, then I do not really see the point in making one in the first place, if the same rules apply to the already existing general forums anyway. [/quote] That is quite the point thoug. You can only calmly discuss potential life threatening things if you are not in a situation where it actually affects your life. And lets face it religion but especially politics have the tendancy to affect our life on such a base level that its literally imposdible to escape. It is normal to lash out at someone coming at you with purely logical arguments (like "life support mashines cost too much money and the people hooked up to them never can pay back that value" ) if you are the one affected (for example someone hooked up to such a maschine). Politics are a minefield on the best of days. The moment there is a discussion about specific groups that actually target at least one type of people it won't matter how adult or mature you are. The supporters WILL clash horribly with the non-supporters for understandable reasons. Thus yes its better left out allover. Not on the boards at all since it only causes bad blood and leads to nothing (on here anyway). Fr is just not the right venue to move anything in politics. I get that people want to vent. But I think the isn't the right venue either. Would probably better to just write a letter and burn it if one doesn't plan on changing anything and just wanting to let of steam.
Weidenbaum wrote on 2018-01-10:

That is quite the point thoug. You can only calmly discuss potential life threatening things if you are not in a situation where it actually affects your life. And lets face it religion but especially politics have the tendancy to affect our life on such a base level that its literally imposdible to escape. It is normal to lash out at someone coming at you with purely logical arguments (like "life support mashines cost too much money and the people hooked up to them never can pay back that value" ) if you are the one affected (for example someone hooked up to such a maschine). Politics are a minefield on the best of days. The moment there is a discussion about specific groups that actually target at least one type of people it won't matter how adult or mature you are. The supporters WILL clash horribly with the non-supporters for understandable reasons.

Thus yes its better left out allover. Not on the boards at all since it only causes bad blood and leads to nothing (on here anyway). Fr is just not the right venue to move anything in politics. I get that people want to vent. But I think the isn't the right venue either. Would probably better to just write a letter and burn it if one doesn't plan on changing anything and just wanting to let of steam.
Yeah, I honestly see no reason for FR to have an 18+ forum. For one thing, unlike Lioden, the site is very PG-13.... sometimes less so, considering all of the Plague flight's aesthetic drama along with increasingly strict rules about accents with gore. Lioden is a 16+ site. It has lots of content in the main game that is mature (gore/violence, mating and innuendos amok, curse words, etc) and it already sets up a space where y'know what, an 18+ forum is okay. There's gonna be a couple hundred users too young, but Lioden has a lot of adult users, and it's nice to have somewhere to chat about more mature I'm sure.

Meanwhile FR has a userbase largely of 13-18 players (yes there's a lot of 19+ ones ) which are going to be curious and peek into the 18+ forum. It's SO easy to lie about your age and see the content in there. There's way too many drawbacks. Especially considering that yes, there's definitely underage players in here. It's a dragon game, of course some people under 13 are interested!

Anyway, that's my ramble. There's way too many cons for this suggestion, and I highly doubt FR will ever have an 18+ forum unless the maturity of the game's content increases dramatically. It's much better to use a discord, or some other site.
Yeah, I honestly see no reason for FR to have an 18+ forum. For one thing, unlike Lioden, the site is very PG-13.... sometimes less so, considering all of the Plague flight's aesthetic drama along with increasingly strict rules about accents with gore. Lioden is a 16+ site. It has lots of content in the main game that is mature (gore/violence, mating and innuendos amok, curse words, etc) and it already sets up a space where y'know what, an 18+ forum is okay. There's gonna be a couple hundred users too young, but Lioden has a lot of adult users, and it's nice to have somewhere to chat about more mature I'm sure.

Meanwhile FR has a userbase largely of 13-18 players (yes there's a lot of 19+ ones ) which are going to be curious and peek into the 18+ forum. It's SO easy to lie about your age and see the content in there. There's way too many drawbacks. Especially considering that yes, there's definitely underage players in here. It's a dragon game, of course some people under 13 are interested!

Anyway, that's my ramble. There's way too many cons for this suggestion, and I highly doubt FR will ever have an 18+ forum unless the maturity of the game's content increases dramatically. It's much better to use a discord, or some other site.
poor thing... needs to update his forum signature and hasn't yet. oh well!
1 2 3 4 5 6