Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | should i join light?
1 2
im tired of fire, anyone wanna help me decide which flight to switch to? i want some nice scenery but active dom as well (god i love natures header bg but idk about their dom)
im tired of fire, anyone wanna help me decide which flight to switch to? i want some nice scenery but active dom as well (god i love natures header bg but idk about their dom)
tUjSZIC.png
wind doms sometimes [item=corgi] ?? pleasant green everywhere is that nice scenery?
wind doms sometimes
Corgi
?? pleasant green everywhere is that nice scenery?
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
DOMMING ALL DAY EVERY DAY

But actually though, you'd probably enjoy it here in Light! I'm new here and even though I'm not the most useful in dom there is always a lot of hype + user-made lore + events when we do decide to push. The user-made artwork is IMPRESSIVE. Even if you don't actively participate you feel pretty patriotic.

In terms of scenery, it depends on your tastes. Light's header is warm, open, and makes you feel like you're bathing in sunlight all the time, but even for me it eventually got a bit dull (since the artwork itself isn't up to par with FR's main page header). My favorite headers are actually Wind's and Nature's.

If you like warmth, greek-esque ruins, and a sun casting a glow on the open ocean, you'd probably like it here c:

Edit: @PixelSpiral Hi wind, say high to the pretty bamboo and noodle papa for me?
DOMMING ALL DAY EVERY DAY

But actually though, you'd probably enjoy it here in Light! I'm new here and even though I'm not the most useful in dom there is always a lot of hype + user-made lore + events when we do decide to push. The user-made artwork is IMPRESSIVE. Even if you don't actively participate you feel pretty patriotic.

In terms of scenery, it depends on your tastes. Light's header is warm, open, and makes you feel like you're bathing in sunlight all the time, but even for me it eventually got a bit dull (since the artwork itself isn't up to par with FR's main page header). My favorite headers are actually Wind's and Nature's.

If you like warmth, greek-esque ruins, and a sun casting a glow on the open ocean, you'd probably like it here c:

Edit: @PixelSpiral Hi wind, say high to the pretty bamboo and noodle papa for me?
ahh2_by_tawnwen-dby5udw.png
@Youmeanies

I'm a member of Nature and I believe we have a relatively active dom, in fact, we're pushing right now! (along with like three other flights lmao, this wasn't the best timing for it XD) Other than now, we are normally very organised in our dom pushes, we get together raffles and you can join Guilds for an in-flight competition as well as winning badges!

You can be inactive or as active as you want for pushes.

All of our pushes are polled so everyone gets a say on if we want to push or not, and if you don't you won't be begrudged for not taking part.

If it's timed right (as it normally is) a push by Nature usually results in us winning one of the top spots. Because of our size, if it isn't timed right, it does mean its harder for Nature to win a top spot if other flights are pushing (such as now) but that's not often a problem. We also have a discord server for Dom that is regularly used!

I hope this was useful! :D
@Youmeanies

I'm a member of Nature and I believe we have a relatively active dom, in fact, we're pushing right now! (along with like three other flights lmao, this wasn't the best timing for it XD) Other than now, we are normally very organised in our dom pushes, we get together raffles and you can join Guilds for an in-flight competition as well as winning badges!

You can be inactive or as active as you want for pushes.

All of our pushes are polled so everyone gets a say on if we want to push or not, and if you don't you won't be begrudged for not taking part.

If it's timed right (as it normally is) a push by Nature usually results in us winning one of the top spots. Because of our size, if it isn't timed right, it does mean its harder for Nature to win a top spot if other flights are pushing (such as now) but that's not often a problem. We also have a discord server for Dom that is regularly used!

I hope this was useful! :D
owleics.gif
I gotta say, if you want a super active dom, I would go with Light. I have a friend there and they're super friendly, incredibly active and strategic, and have lovely areas for your lair to reside. My favorite is for the largest lair: in the center of an arena in ruins. Beautiful.

Also, the Lightweaver is gorgeous. I'd say join Shadow, but... we don't dom often. We have a very strong dom team! Just...not very many of us participates. Just as long as you don't join Earth...you should have a fun time.
I gotta say, if you want a super active dom, I would go with Light. I have a friend there and they're super friendly, incredibly active and strategic, and have lovely areas for your lair to reside. My favorite is for the largest lair: in the center of an arena in ruins. Beautiful.

Also, the Lightweaver is gorgeous. I'd say join Shadow, but... we don't dom often. We have a very strong dom team! Just...not very many of us participates. Just as long as you don't join Earth...you should have a fun time.
2mcx18y.jpg
A nebulous clan, a star ocean
I joined FR in Dec '16 and started out in light; haven't moved anywhere else hahaha

Light dom's very organized and very easy to participate as much or as little as you want. We have a ping management spreadsheet so you can sign up to be notified to whatever dom/community updates you want! Every dom decision is polled upon so there are discussion threads and google form polls for deciding profit pushes, conquest pushes, etc.

All raffle/PB attending is vault-funded so you don't have to use any of your own personal funds to attend plus you get raffle tickets too.

We don't have guilds like some flights do, but there is an organized effort during conquest where you can snipe or train and you get IF raffle tickets for that too. Also, recording dragons doesn't require ID numbers! There's a practice week every month before welcome week so you can always try it out just to see how it feels!

Of course, we also have a mercenary group when other fights battle to advertise leveled fodder :D

During fest weeks, we have a coli drop challenge with lots of badges and while we have official profit pushes every once in a while, a lot of people in the flight just profit exalt regardless :'D

We also have really cute fundraisers from time to time!

We have a strong off-site presence with chats in slack and discord and the forum gets new posts pretty much everyday to every other day.

There's lots of opportunities to grab badges and you can see example IF badges here in my collection thread

I touched more on coli/dom aspects since you asked about dom, but there's lots of non-dom/coli talk too! Everyone likes sharing their dragons/dressing up but I think that's universal :'D

feel free to ping with any specific questions and i'm sure a fellow acolight or I would be able to answer c:
I joined FR in Dec '16 and started out in light; haven't moved anywhere else hahaha

Light dom's very organized and very easy to participate as much or as little as you want. We have a ping management spreadsheet so you can sign up to be notified to whatever dom/community updates you want! Every dom decision is polled upon so there are discussion threads and google form polls for deciding profit pushes, conquest pushes, etc.

All raffle/PB attending is vault-funded so you don't have to use any of your own personal funds to attend plus you get raffle tickets too.

We don't have guilds like some flights do, but there is an organized effort during conquest where you can snipe or train and you get IF raffle tickets for that too. Also, recording dragons doesn't require ID numbers! There's a practice week every month before welcome week so you can always try it out just to see how it feels!

Of course, we also have a mercenary group when other fights battle to advertise leveled fodder :D

During fest weeks, we have a coli drop challenge with lots of badges and while we have official profit pushes every once in a while, a lot of people in the flight just profit exalt regardless :'D

We also have really cute fundraisers from time to time!

We have a strong off-site presence with chats in slack and discord and the forum gets new posts pretty much everyday to every other day.

There's lots of opportunities to grab badges and you can see example IF badges here in my collection thread

I touched more on coli/dom aspects since you asked about dom, but there's lots of non-dom/coli talk too! Everyone likes sharing their dragons/dressing up but I think that's universal :'D

feel free to ping with any specific questions and i'm sure a fellow acolight or I would be able to answer c:
tumblr_ouq7f7udIz1v8lm95o1_r3_100.gif3DgI354.gif
To ping me, use @Knightess, not KnightLESS or KnightNESS. They're really cool names, but I won't see the message! ;o; Thanks~

ZGitmNV.png
Uh, yes?

I actually left Shadow for light, because I wanted more chances at dom (Shadow's great, but doesn't do dom pushes. Also, biggest flight.) I intended for it to be a vacation, but Light is super nice. The discord is awesome, too. :D
Uh, yes?

I actually left Shadow for light, because I wanted more chances at dom (Shadow's great, but doesn't do dom pushes. Also, biggest flight.) I intended for it to be a vacation, but Light is super nice. The discord is awesome, too. :D
banner_left2_by_mattsykun-dbncgrn.png banner_top_by_mattsykun-dblzc0q.png
bannner_mid2_by_mattsykun-dbncgfs.png
banner_bottom_by_mattsykun-dblzc0v.png
No. Judging your aesthetic style and your dragons, you are in desperate need of the Wind flight.
No. Judging your aesthetic style and your dragons, you are in desperate need of the Wind flight.
Light is great for dominance and the community is amazing! You should definitely join :)
Light is great for dominance and the community is amazing! You should definitely join :)
tumblr_inline_nwu3oenklP1t7d5o3_500.gif
Nature has some solid dom presence (though if you don't like in-flight competition (they have guilds, I believe?), Nature dom is probably not for you).

A lot about Light has already been said, but I think it's important to note that most of the activity is off-site (Slack/Discord). The forums are rather slow.
Nature has some solid dom presence (though if you don't like in-flight competition (they have guilds, I believe?), Nature dom is probably not for you).

A lot about Light has already been said, but I think it's important to note that most of the activity is off-site (Slack/Discord). The forums are rather slow.
jA0Unwf.gif
1 2