Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Paranoid? Hopefully...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Remember too that nice colors and breeds are all in the eyes of the beholder. I will exalt imps and skydancers and double/triples before I will exalt tundras and what I find to be more interesting colors.
Remember too that nice colors and breeds are all in the eyes of the beholder. I will exalt imps and skydancers and double/triples before I will exalt tundras and what I find to be more interesting colors.
OEbTfWA.pngQZBBtQI.png
Not to mention that even beautiful colors on starters and commons (faes, tundras, spirals, etc) are usually seen as exalt-fodder. Pretty, yes, but there's just so many of those dragons out there, and if someone does want one it's probably easier to find one that already is the right breed and with a few of the right genes
Not to mention that even beautiful colors on starters and commons (faes, tundras, spirals, etc) are usually seen as exalt-fodder. Pretty, yes, but there's just so many of those dragons out there, and if someone does want one it's probably easier to find one that already is the right breed and with a few of the right genes
tumblr_inline_n6kdukB9pN1qlye38.gif
Glory to the Gladekeeper
Yeah, what you consider gorgeous, other people may consider ugly. For example, I love tiger primary, but one of my (completely misguided) friends thinks that tiger is hideous. I generally hate speckle, freckle, and crackle, and I have friends who love them. People also have wildly varying taste in color combos, too.

Unless someone is buying and exalting your dragons with names that are an obvious nasty reference to you/obviously intended to make you upset (which is honestly pretty rare), it's likely not the least bit personal.
Yeah, what you consider gorgeous, other people may consider ugly. For example, I love tiger primary, but one of my (completely misguided) friends thinks that tiger is hideous. I generally hate speckle, freckle, and crackle, and I have friends who love them. People also have wildly varying taste in color combos, too.

Unless someone is buying and exalting your dragons with names that are an obvious nasty reference to you/obviously intended to make you upset (which is honestly pretty rare), it's likely not the least bit personal.
And if your dragon was an adult and was bought up to be exalted before the cheaper hatchlings were bought up... that's exactly why. Adults can be trained before they're exalted to make money back. That's one of the top ways I make money on FR, because buying and selling hatchlings obviously does not make any money back.

If they were named too, some people went for that later in the game, because that was easier to ship off.
And if your dragon was an adult and was bought up to be exalted before the cheaper hatchlings were bought up... that's exactly why. Adults can be trained before they're exalted to make money back. That's one of the top ways I make money on FR, because buying and selling hatchlings obviously does not make any money back.

If they were named too, some people went for that later in the game, because that was easier to ship off.
The nature of this site is such that lair space is limited (and expensive), while the number of dragons is effectively unlimited. Because of this, people are increasingly picky about which dragons they choose to keep, and most dragons that are bred will end up being exalted.

Consider this: it costs 9,925,000 treasure to expand your lair to the maxiumum size (125 slots). That means that for a max size lair each slot cost, on average, 79,400 treasure. That's the hidden cost of owning a dragon. When you're buying a dragon, you don't only have to consider, "is this dragon worth 7k to me?" You also have to consider, "is this dragon worth the 79k that it took to buy the slot that it will occupy? is it worth possibly giving up one of my other dragons to make room for it? is there another dragon that better serves my needs or suits my tastes that I could buy instead?" Most dragons just won't make the cut.
The nature of this site is such that lair space is limited (and expensive), while the number of dragons is effectively unlimited. Because of this, people are increasingly picky about which dragons they choose to keep, and most dragons that are bred will end up being exalted.

Consider this: it costs 9,925,000 treasure to expand your lair to the maxiumum size (125 slots). That means that for a max size lair each slot cost, on average, 79,400 treasure. That's the hidden cost of owning a dragon. When you're buying a dragon, you don't only have to consider, "is this dragon worth 7k to me?" You also have to consider, "is this dragon worth the 79k that it took to buy the slot that it will occupy? is it worth possibly giving up one of my other dragons to make room for it? is there another dragon that better serves my needs or suits my tastes that I could buy instead?" Most dragons just won't make the cut.
I was awake until the bitter end, the final recount. I was buying hatchlings at 10k a pop, and adults at 15k or more. There was no malice, just a serious Dominance battle.

So there's your answer. There was no targeting, or personal attack. Just a dragon that was in the range for the final surge. That's really all there is to it.
I was awake until the bitter end, the final recount. I was buying hatchlings at 10k a pop, and adults at 15k or more. There was no malice, just a serious Dominance battle.

So there's your answer. There was no targeting, or personal attack. Just a dragon that was in the range for the final surge. That's really all there is to it.
Luan_1.png
Signature by the ever talented SpaceOrchid
I sold this guy here a while ago for 10k or 15k I can't remember. I remember that week Shadow wasn't pushing for dominance so mine was just a case of the buyer very likely changing their mind about him. It happens, so don't take it personally or be paranoid about it. And yours was very likely just a case of an intense dominance battle.
Sure I was a bit bummed cause I thought he was gorgeous but got over it, I mean I can still look at his handsome pixels from there C:
I sold this guy here a while ago for 10k or 15k I can't remember. I remember that week Shadow wasn't pushing for dominance so mine was just a case of the buyer very likely changing their mind about him. It happens, so don't take it personally or be paranoid about it. And yours was very likely just a case of an intense dominance battle.
Sure I was a bit bummed cause I thought he was gorgeous but got over it, I mean I can still look at his handsome pixels from there C:
1i35.png
The aswers are coming so quickly that I can't aswer to all of them...
The writing window-what-do-you-call-it apparently messed my bolds in the last post...
Nah, I'll answer to you all in this...

First of all: very bad experiences about people, very low self-esteem and paranoia make a very bad combination. Even worse with penchant for mood swings especially when my plans get trashed.

And yes, they were exalted to Lightning...
Second, thank you, everyone that informed me about the prices: I had no idea they had climbed that high. @Mirmulnir @timaeusTestified @Bark @Vitalani @Maerzay @Tria

@lavarift thank you again. And calling them interns is more nicer than exalt fodder. I just have remember that and tell myself that they are currently learning something new and exiting. And yes, they definitely would like blowing stuff up. We Arcane love experimenting and if something blows up, the better. Crazy magelings... I'd love to hear your headcanons about the interns: I don't think any Lightnings have written anything on the headcanon thread...

@TikindiDragon thank you for your kind words. I am slowly pulling myself out of my depression with the help of comments like yours.
Tria, thank you also. you all are slowly restoring my hopes.
Same with @Groovie : Thank you, though I'd like to add to your headcanon: my theory is that they do things they like and do best. Therefore mine would probably not be on the front lines. If you are interested I posted on the headcanon thread...

@SunGuard , @mlsclassics: I know that, but still it doesn't register well, (see my last post) The hit was even bigger than normally because I specifically tried to avoid it. Also, I don't breed dragons for myself.

@Spelunker : no, they weren't priced 7000 t they were 10000. And I didn't know that, they were under 7000 the last time I saw them...

@NightVale Thank you for answering. As I said, very bad experiences with people. I had just posted about behavior I mentioned, mentioning it on the thread. Targeted, malicious exalting has happened on this site to the people who have posted about it.

@Aequorin I know about the Domnance battle, who didn't? Apparently it didn't help anything: the prices and numbers are already back on where they were before.

To everyone else: please stop repeating what others have already said in a manner that suggests that you haven't read my posts. It does not help, actually it does the exact opposite.
The aswers are coming so quickly that I can't aswer to all of them...
The writing window-what-do-you-call-it apparently messed my bolds in the last post...
Nah, I'll answer to you all in this...

First of all: very bad experiences about people, very low self-esteem and paranoia make a very bad combination. Even worse with penchant for mood swings especially when my plans get trashed.

And yes, they were exalted to Lightning...
Second, thank you, everyone that informed me about the prices: I had no idea they had climbed that high. @Mirmulnir @timaeusTestified @Bark @Vitalani @Maerzay @Tria

@lavarift thank you again. And calling them interns is more nicer than exalt fodder. I just have remember that and tell myself that they are currently learning something new and exiting. And yes, they definitely would like blowing stuff up. We Arcane love experimenting and if something blows up, the better. Crazy magelings... I'd love to hear your headcanons about the interns: I don't think any Lightnings have written anything on the headcanon thread...

@TikindiDragon thank you for your kind words. I am slowly pulling myself out of my depression with the help of comments like yours.
Tria, thank you also. you all are slowly restoring my hopes.
Same with @Groovie : Thank you, though I'd like to add to your headcanon: my theory is that they do things they like and do best. Therefore mine would probably not be on the front lines. If you are interested I posted on the headcanon thread...

@SunGuard , @mlsclassics: I know that, but still it doesn't register well, (see my last post) The hit was even bigger than normally because I specifically tried to avoid it. Also, I don't breed dragons for myself.

@Spelunker : no, they weren't priced 7000 t they were 10000. And I didn't know that, they were under 7000 the last time I saw them...

@NightVale Thank you for answering. As I said, very bad experiences with people. I had just posted about behavior I mentioned, mentioning it on the thread. Targeted, malicious exalting has happened on this site to the people who have posted about it.

@Aequorin I know about the Domnance battle, who didn't? Apparently it didn't help anything: the prices and numbers are already back on where they were before.

To everyone else: please stop repeating what others have already said in a manner that suggests that you haven't read my posts. It does not help, actually it does the exact opposite.
hWsjkHE.png
@Elaendorlien, I'm not surprised they've dropped back down. Intense Dominance battles require a large number of dragons.

As for forum threads, they are public and people are going to reply with their opinions or viewpoints. We encourage respectful, constructive discussion. We have also provided players with an 'Ignore' feature can be found at the top of their post as well as a 'Report' feature if their posts are not respectful or constructive.
@Elaendorlien, I'm not surprised they've dropped back down. Intense Dominance battles require a large number of dragons.

As for forum threads, they are public and people are going to reply with their opinions or viewpoints. We encourage respectful, constructive discussion. We have also provided players with an 'Ignore' feature can be found at the top of their post as well as a 'Report' feature if their posts are not respectful or constructive.
Exalting isn't about pretty or ugly dragons.

It's about sending them to serve your flight 's deity to win the Dominance and help with the population of dragons. It's FR's way of circulating dragons, since they don't die.

If you sell a dragon it could easily be used as Exalt Fodder. Last night I was buying everything I could to exalt, I exalted a gorgeous triple gened Imp (level 9 already) after buying it for 15k. Lightning and Earth were desperate, we were buying everything and everything.

You aren't being targeted simply because your dragons were bought and exalted. o.o
Exalting isn't about pretty or ugly dragons.

It's about sending them to serve your flight 's deity to win the Dominance and help with the population of dragons. It's FR's way of circulating dragons, since they don't die.

If you sell a dragon it could easily be used as Exalt Fodder. Last night I was buying everything I could to exalt, I exalted a gorgeous triple gened Imp (level 9 already) after buying it for 15k. Lightning and Earth were desperate, we were buying everything and everything.

You aren't being targeted simply because your dragons were bought and exalted. o.o
they/them
1 2 3 4 5 6 7