Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Ivory Owl [OOC Thread]
1 2 3 4 5 6
@MerlynTheWolf I won't be able to do this RP, I just realized how swamped I get with the RPs I have going on now x.x I look forward to seeing you in LeopardClan though!
@MerlynTheWolf I won't be able to do this RP, I just realized how swamped I get with the RPs I have going on now x.x I look forward to seeing you in LeopardClan though!
Stardust Sap Lamp
--- [ D i n o ] ---
♥ any pronouns
traditional comms
♥ Layout by snom !
@DeathDino - Heh, used to and will likely do the same in time here on FR. No worries and same!
@DeathDino - Heh, used to and will likely do the same in time here on FR. No worries and same!
@MerlynTheWolf

Still not sure what or whom to pick as my second character. I am really rather happy with my first.
Is there person you are especially seeking? Dragon, Not dragon? maybe a customer.
Rin is gonna be busy for like 2 days because of family travel due to holidays.
@MerlynTheWolf

Still not sure what or whom to pick as my second character. I am really rather happy with my first.
Is there person you are especially seeking? Dragon, Not dragon? maybe a customer.
Rin is gonna be busy for like 2 days because of family travel due to holidays.
03a8c3247c983edaaa689a78aa219a58.pnguQA55c0.pngpotato.pngbeanie.pngleaf.png
[center][font=gabriola] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35707903] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/357080/35707903_350.png[/img] [/url] [size=5][u][b]Name:[/b][/u] Sycune [u][b]Age:[/b][/u] 22 [u][b]Gender:[/b][/u] Female [u][b]Job:[/b][/u] Boss of the Ivory Owl [u][b]Apart of the Library?(yes or no):[/b][/u] Yes to Both. [u][b]Magical Abilities (1-3):[/b][/u] Can use nature magic to aide plant growth, pull out minor poisons & like most of her kind she can read energy and emotion. However depending on how much effort/magic she exerts she'll either be super sluggish or pass out for the first ability. If the poison is too strong for her she has has a tonic that can enhance the ability but can cause anywhere from a headache to migraine afterwards so she will likely have a kit on hand to deal with the poison. For the third it's simply something Skydancers are known for. [u][b]Skills(herbology, botany, etc):[/b][/u] Alchemy, good memory, dancing and acupuncture. Since she mostly cures rather then poisons folks she has a talent for poisons. [u][b]Personality/Bio:[/b][/u] Sycune walks around in a calm manner with her hands always seemingly in a ready position to grab or swipe at something, with her wings tucked against her so she doesn't bump into anything. Her tail trails behind, always slightly above the ground so as not to drag. It is rare to see any other emotion or any period outside of business. While on the job her movements become less stiff, and more graceful as if she were dancing around..of course careful not to knock into anything. She smiles and is less squinty, doing her best to be helpful and keep the energy of the room up high. When working below ground in the library she becomes calm once again and lurks around like a hound sniffing for trouble. Though despite all this she really does love what she has started and cares to an extent for those whom she's hired. ~~ Sycune grew up amongst her own kind till she was old enough to fend for herself and find a clan of her own. Eventually finding a family led by a Mirror dragon named Cenn. The tinier Mirror was somehow sly but also quite bitter. The Skydancer wondered how this one led but she soon saw the reasons. Eventually she decided to start something of her own though, and with a love for books and nature in mind she founded the Ivory Owl. A place where she could gather a collection but also try to serve more then just herself and the clan. She still is wary of the other flights and beast clans after all this time but is more willing to attempt giving them a chance. [u][b]Anything Else:[/b][/u][/size][/font] TBD[/center] [center](First one done but likely to be edited.)[/center]

35707903_350.png

Name:
Sycune
Job:
Boss of the Ivory Owl
Apart of the Library?(yes or no):
Yes to Both.
Magical Abilities (1-3):
Can use nature magic to aide plant growth, pull out minor poisons & like most of her kind she can read energy and emotion. However depending on how much effort/magic she exerts she'll either be super sluggish or pass out for the first ability. If the poison is too strong for her she has has a tonic that can enhance the ability but can cause anywhere from a headache to migraine afterwards so she will likely have a kit on hand to deal with the poison. For the third it's simply something Skydancers are known for.
Skills(herbology, botany, etc):
Alchemy, good memory, dancing and acupuncture. Since she mostly cures rather then poisons folks she has a talent for poisons.
Personality/Bio:
Sycune walks around in a calm manner with her hands always seemingly in a ready position to grab or swipe at something, with her wings tucked against her so she doesn't bump into anything. Her tail trails behind, always slightly above the ground so as not to drag. It is rare to see any other emotion or any period outside of business.

While on the job her movements become less stiff, and more graceful as if she were dancing around..of course careful not to knock into anything. She smiles and is less squinty, doing her best to be helpful and keep the energy of the room up high. When working below ground in the library she becomes calm once again and lurks around like a hound sniffing for trouble. Though despite all this she really does love what she has started and cares to an extent for those whom she's hired.
~~
Sycune grew up amongst her own kind till she was old enough to fend for herself and find a clan of her own. Eventually finding a family led by a Mirror dragon named Cenn. The tinier Mirror was somehow sly but also quite bitter. The Skydancer wondered how this one led but she soon saw the reasons. Eventually she decided to start something of her own though, and with a love for books and nature in mind she founded the Ivory Owl. A place where she could gather a collection but also try to serve more then just herself and the clan. She still is wary of the other flights and beast clans after all this time but is more willing to attempt giving them a chance.

Anything Else:

TBD
(First one done but likely to be edited.)
@Ragnaroc - Customer and any race. And alrighty! I entirely understand holidays eating up time.
@Ragnaroc - Customer and any race. And alrighty! I entirely understand holidays eating up time.
@RockyDrago - 18+ for the age and as for the library you can use this http://www.ala.org/educationcareers/careers/librarycareerssite/typesofjobs

Anything from pages to librarians when you click the link. Far as skills I'd say they would need a decent memory to be able to organize/put books back where their supposed to be. Make sure folks have checked their books out before they leave, don't let customers leave with books. If you're toon is apart of the larger/secret library underground..they need to be able to keep a secret and more closely watch whom comes in and out. Memorize faces and names of those that are supposed to be there and whom isn't allowed. Plus of course be able to follow orders by those higher on the food chain. If that all makes sense?
@RockyDrago - 18+ for the age and as for the library you can use this http://www.ala.org/educationcareers/careers/librarycareerssite/typesofjobs

Anything from pages to librarians when you click the link. Far as skills I'd say they would need a decent memory to be able to organize/put books back where their supposed to be. Make sure folks have checked their books out before they leave, don't let customers leave with books. If you're toon is apart of the larger/secret library underground..they need to be able to keep a secret and more closely watch whom comes in and out. Memorize faces and names of those that are supposed to be there and whom isn't allowed. Plus of course be able to follow orders by those higher on the food chain. If that all makes sense?
@RockyDrago - That is fine! If you want Sycune could be the one to come find/ask her to join provided she's looking around.
@RockyDrago - That is fine! If you want Sycune could be the one to come find/ask her to join provided she's looking around.
@MerlynTheWolf This one is sadly less polished but I HAVE developed Harpy culture to a good degree now. [img]http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/f/fd/Windcarve_Harpy.png[/img] He's taller then a good deal of female harpies and carries a stone and wood beaded necklace with a talon the size of your index finger. Often wears a sash similar to the raptorik however his sash is the color of green tea and the clasp is made of a carved stone with a different symbol on it. The symbol consists of the wings and head of a Large bird of prey pointed towards the sky(upper part of the clasp) full of storm clouds with lighting striking in the background. [b]Name: [/b] Wilwok Stormsinger (pronounced Willoo-walk) [b]Age:[/b] 25 [b]Gender:[/b] Male [b]Job: [/b]Customer [b]Apart of the Library?:[/b] NOPE has No idea, does have a library card though! [b]Magical Abilities:[/b] He’s the Chosen of Talknak(Tal like in Al, Nak as in Ak) WindWeaver. What that means!... He can talk to storms. And on a more dangerous level cause them centered on himself. This is not something he Can really use in everyday life and not something that Will be used because storms do not discriminate between friend and foe, they hit Everything around you. [b]So as of note for powers for this rp.[/b] He can [LIST=1] [*]Can talk to storms and stones [*]Can Sometimes get stones to listen to him. [*]Can can radiate a storm charge but probably Won’t because he can’t without hurting people.[/LIST] [b]Skills:[/b] None pertaining to the Libary really, he likes to read but hasn’t had reason to really invest. He’s a BIT of a shamen and has been picking up a bit more to impress Opal. He may know a Few things she has taught him but really nothing of note. Personal skill wise...he's a rather learned creature and good at puzzles. He is Splendid in combat close range. He knows a lot of history. [b]Personality/Bio: [/b]Wilwok is a rather hearty spirited noble creature. He is very familiar with his culture and takes the needs of his people in stride. However he doesn’t let the protocol of his duties to them tie him down. He is Stubborn where his freedom is concerned and lives a much Different life then the majority of male Harpies. He is curious, inventive, sturdy and determined. He has a Strong moral compass and sense of justice but that does not hold him back from Mischief whimsy or the occasional slip of the rules for the sake of freedom. Wilwok likes to frequent the shops near the Ivory Owl, he occasionally studies trade there or more often goes to learn about merchanting himself given that the females of his Aerie will not teach him this sort of work. It is Improper to them. He is ever a creature of self education so when the Ivory Owl Library caught his eye he thought this the perfect place to look. The Owl was his den of private wisdom for some time and then it became a double boon. Not only had he stumbled upon a vault of knowledge but there is even a charming library assistant he does enjoy taking the time of. She talks of many Adventuring tales that light his childhood dreams with revelry. And despite the stoney frankness she smiles like a gargoyle and is rather engaging in the game of words. The harpy visits often for these reasons and his own more private ones. [b]Anything Else: [/b]He doesn’t deal with the apothecary. He’s a superstitious thing and considers potion making to be Shaman and healer work only. Not something that should be touched by the average person. He is distrustful of them.
@MerlynTheWolf

This one is sadly less polished but I HAVE developed Harpy culture to a good degree now.

Windcarve_Harpy.png
He's taller then a good deal of female harpies and carries a stone and wood beaded necklace with a talon the size of your index finger. Often wears a sash similar to the raptorik however his sash is the color of green tea and the clasp is made of a carved stone with a different symbol on it.
The symbol consists of the wings and head of a Large bird of prey pointed towards the sky(upper part of the clasp) full of storm clouds with lighting striking in the background.

Name: Wilwok Stormsinger
(pronounced Willoo-walk)
Job: Customer
Apart of the Library?: NOPE has No idea, does have a library card though!

Magical Abilities: He’s the Chosen of Talknak(Tal like in Al, Nak as in Ak) WindWeaver. What that means!... He can talk to storms. And on a more dangerous level cause them centered on himself. This is not something he Can really use in everyday life and not something that Will be used because storms do not discriminate between friend and foe, they hit Everything around you.
So as of note for powers for this rp.
He can
  1. Can talk to storms and stones
  2. Can Sometimes get stones to listen to him.
  3. Can can radiate a storm charge but probably Won’t because he can’t without hurting people.

Skills: None pertaining to the Libary really, he likes to read but hasn’t had reason to really invest. He’s a BIT of a shamen and has been picking up a bit more to impress Opal. He may know a Few things she has taught him but really nothing of note. Personal skill wise...he's a rather learned creature and good at puzzles. He is Splendid in combat close range. He knows a lot of history.

Personality/Bio: Wilwok is a rather hearty spirited noble creature. He is very familiar with his culture and takes the needs of his people in stride. However he doesn’t let the protocol of his duties to them tie him down. He is Stubborn where his freedom is concerned and lives a much Different life then the majority of male Harpies. He is curious, inventive, sturdy and determined. He has a Strong moral compass and sense of justice but that does not hold him back from Mischief whimsy or the occasional slip of the rules for the sake of freedom.

Wilwok likes to frequent the shops near the Ivory Owl, he occasionally studies trade there or more often goes to learn about merchanting himself given that the females of his Aerie will not teach him this sort of work. It is Improper to them.
He is ever a creature of self education so when the Ivory Owl Library caught his eye he thought this the perfect place to look.
The Owl was his den of private wisdom for some time and then it became a double boon.
Not only had he stumbled upon a vault of knowledge but there is even a charming library assistant he does enjoy taking the time of. She talks of many Adventuring tales that light his childhood dreams with revelry. And despite the stoney frankness she smiles like a gargoyle and is rather engaging in the game of words.
The harpy visits often for these reasons and his own more private ones.

Anything Else: He doesn’t deal with the apothecary. He’s a superstitious thing and considers potion making to be Shaman and healer work only. Not something that should be touched by the average person. He is distrustful of them.
03a8c3247c983edaaa689a78aa219a58.pnguQA55c0.pngpotato.pngbeanie.pngleaf.png
@MerlynTheWolf

Hey sorry i have been gone, i have been busy with work and packing! I will try to get a profile up on Monday night or Tuesday night if that is okay?

Im just super tired so i want to do it when i am awake and competent.

Happy Holidays guys!
@MerlynTheWolf

Hey sorry i have been gone, i have been busy with work and packing! I will try to get a profile up on Monday night or Tuesday night if that is okay?

Im just super tired so i want to do it when i am awake and competent.

Happy Holidays guys!
iceanim_by_javen-d6bl00w.gif snowflakesmaller_zps76ff7814.png snowclear_zpstpw7rwqt.gif icewardensmall_zps5fe23c8a.png snowclear_zpstpw7rwqt.gif snowflakesmaller_zps76ff7814.png
@Rinjichan13 - That is fine! Plus holidays are here soo I expect us to start or at least have the thread up the day after christmas or wednesday.
@Rinjichan13 - That is fine! Plus holidays are here soo I expect us to start or at least have the thread up the day after christmas or wednesday.
1 2 3 4 5 6