Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Pose... flip?
1 2 3
Full support for this. The coding is already there to do so because of the coli.

There should probably be a smol fee as a cheap treasure scroll or something, but frankly, a built-in option to change the pose back and forth at leasure would be advantageous too.
Full support for this. The coding is already there to do so because of the coli.

There should probably be a smol fee as a cheap treasure scroll or something, but frankly, a built-in option to change the pose back and forth at leasure would be advantageous too.
YAzXKmc.gif
Option to flip it on your dragon like when Flight Rising HD was a thing? So you have to go to their page and press a little switch. With how much people will be wanting to flip their dragons, I have a hard time rationalizing spending currency on it, even a small treasure fee. Especially not anything like Eternal Youth scrolls. Those are too expensive. Although, you could have people pay a small gem/treasure fee to unlock the feature? Similar to unlocking additional apparel slots. Just a thought.

I think this would be great, actually. Except on spirals. Nobody flip any spirals! *eyes that person on the first page* They just look wrong....

Weirdly, I keep forgetting what direction certain dragon breeds face. I did not use to have this problem....

Oh, fun idea! Have them, and maybe their entire pages (except that would be really disorienting, maybe just reverse the order of dragon image and scroll containing info?), mirrored for April Fools' day! Because Marva. Marva would totally do that. And then you get an item like the Eye Mirrors that you can get out of chests. (Everybody gets one free! Yay!) It'll be like the Emperors' New Clothes (whatever exactly that's called) in that it won't really look like anything, but it'll flip the dragon! They already gave us invisible dragons, I don't see this as being any different! (Oh man. Flipped invisible dragons wearing apparel. The confusion would be real.)

Also, especially if it isn't a clothing item, maybe make a little symbol next to familiar and stuff that shows they are pose-flipped? Clothing would possibly be the easiest way to deal with it though, regarding selling and exalting and all that. Also, clothes removes the potential of flipping hatchlings, if that's relevant.

Those are thoughts. Take them and run! Run everywhere!
Option to flip it on your dragon like when Flight Rising HD was a thing? So you have to go to their page and press a little switch. With how much people will be wanting to flip their dragons, I have a hard time rationalizing spending currency on it, even a small treasure fee. Especially not anything like Eternal Youth scrolls. Those are too expensive. Although, you could have people pay a small gem/treasure fee to unlock the feature? Similar to unlocking additional apparel slots. Just a thought.

I think this would be great, actually. Except on spirals. Nobody flip any spirals! *eyes that person on the first page* They just look wrong....

Weirdly, I keep forgetting what direction certain dragon breeds face. I did not use to have this problem....

Oh, fun idea! Have them, and maybe their entire pages (except that would be really disorienting, maybe just reverse the order of dragon image and scroll containing info?), mirrored for April Fools' day! Because Marva. Marva would totally do that. And then you get an item like the Eye Mirrors that you can get out of chests. (Everybody gets one free! Yay!) It'll be like the Emperors' New Clothes (whatever exactly that's called) in that it won't really look like anything, but it'll flip the dragon! They already gave us invisible dragons, I don't see this as being any different! (Oh man. Flipped invisible dragons wearing apparel. The confusion would be real.)

Also, especially if it isn't a clothing item, maybe make a little symbol next to familiar and stuff that shows they are pose-flipped? Clothing would possibly be the easiest way to deal with it though, regarding selling and exalting and all that. Also, clothes removes the potential of flipping hatchlings, if that's relevant.

Those are thoughts. Take them and run! Run everywhere!
girl_icon_by_orgetzu-d8qm7bc.pngping_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z0s1w.pnghatchery_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z17md.pngart_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1fu6.pnggen_1_sale_icon___orange_by_orgetzu-d9zwj8j.png
bubble_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1pvh.png
unicorn_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1xrd.pnghouse_icon_z_by_orgetzu-d9z2r3i.pngwinter_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z2szz.pngfrog_icon_by_orgetzu-d9zwkt5.pngpixel_potatoes_by_orgetzu-d9z0pkl.gif Some of these pixels go places....
i actually posted exactly about this like last month or something, and i have full support for this. i'd love to be able to make pairs face eachother in the lair page, and it could have some button on the dragons page for it.
i actually posted exactly about this like last month or something, and i have full support for this. i'd love to be able to make pairs face eachother in the lair page, and it could have some button on the dragons page for it.
MJw9liG.png
[quote name="@Willowfrost10" date=2017-12-12 17:33:30] But children, spirals. [/quote] the point is that it would be optional, right? Edit:Support on this btw
@Willowfrost10 wrote on 2017-12-12:
But children, spirals.
the point is that it would be optional, right?

Edit:Support on this btw
chrysanthe-sig-left.pngart shop (link)art thread (link)
oml YES, I didn't know i needed this until now oml. plus I'm just super picky with my lair layout this would help a lot xDD
oml YES, I didn't know i needed this until now oml. plus I'm just super picky with my lair layout this would help a lot xDD
2675f041d3bf3ccbf48b41d2a46168b98f349af9.png || mahu | 23 | she/her | +17 FR time ||
art shop - clan directory - chronicles
Why not just make a gender change scroll instead? It would make the whole gender changing in Scrying's Workshop actually a bit more useful really- it would also make it easier for the developers to program it instead of flipping because otherwise, they'd have to recode the apparel and the skins which then would be a pain in the tail to do.
Why not just make a gender change scroll instead? It would make the whole gender changing in Scrying's Workshop actually a bit more useful really- it would also make it easier for the developers to program it instead of flipping because otherwise, they'd have to recode the apparel and the skins which then would be a pain in the tail to do.
image.gif
ZbNAjCO.png
tqGkHih.png
H0t7Ypl.png
eTmFfQ7.png
mlHpBMC.png
Mesq6uj.png
5hF3FGk.png
R1dejfm.png
I would love to be able to flip my dragons... but not so that pairs faced each other, but rather so that an entire page faced the same way. This would be great!
I would love to be able to flip my dragons... but not so that pairs faced each other, but rather so that an entire page faced the same way. This would be great!
poisonedpaper-katyushkaframe.png 7mOaAeU.pngiBjoeES.pngIMyicna.pngt1mYQC9.pngDAtDfdH.pnglvp-quality-quartermaster-ribbon.pngfol-quality-quartermaster-ribbon.pngpoisonedpaper-ojnkframe.png
Great! People could use this.
Great! People could use this.
23518.png17370.png13413.png17371.png15119.png
Imagine this being a similar item to Marva's Invisibility Cloak, but when wearing it, it does exactly what you've suggested. :D Though I don't know how that would work with layering, since everything beneath the cloak also ends up being invisible... And as much as we as players would love it, I don't think the staff would want us having dragons where the apparel is facing one way and the dragon faces the other, LOL...

I don't know if it's possible to do anymore, but think of it like those dragons that are wearing a skin that doesn't match their breed. The staff doesn't really encourage exploits like that, however harmless. n_n; But, I digress--if it's possible, I think making this into a clothing item would be a fun idea, and more efficient/cost effective than something like the youth scroll.
Imagine this being a similar item to Marva's Invisibility Cloak, but when wearing it, it does exactly what you've suggested. :D Though I don't know how that would work with layering, since everything beneath the cloak also ends up being invisible... And as much as we as players would love it, I don't think the staff would want us having dragons where the apparel is facing one way and the dragon faces the other, LOL...

I don't know if it's possible to do anymore, but think of it like those dragons that are wearing a skin that doesn't match their breed. The staff doesn't really encourage exploits like that, however harmless. n_n; But, I digress--if it's possible, I think making this into a clothing item would be a fun idea, and more efficient/cost effective than something like the youth scroll.
[quote name="Error429" date="2018-03-22 10:22:10" ] Why not just make a gender change scroll instead? It would make the whole gender changing in Scrying's Workshop actually a bit more useful really- it would also make it easier for the developers to program it instead of flipping because otherwise, they'd have to recode the apparel and the skins which then would be a pain in the tail to do. [/quote] They wouldn't have to recode apparel and skins, some dragons get flipped in the coli (for example, male Pearlcatchers! My farming/training team has two of those and they have both apparel and accents) no matter what they're wearing, so that's already a thing. I do support this though, I want my pairs to face each other ;w; I have pairs like a female SD and male Imp that can't face each other and they're mates so I want them too, same with others. I don't support this as a clothing item. It... doesn't fit as an apparel item? It makes no sense to me at all, clothing wouldn't flip anyone the other direction o.O Honestly someone mentioning it being like the HD button flip on their page seems like the best option to me, especially since you shouldn't have to pay much, if anything, to just have your dragon flipped the other direction.
Error429 wrote on 2018-03-22 10:22:10:

They wouldn't have to recode apparel and skins, some dragons get flipped in the coli (for example, male Pearlcatchers! My farming/training team has two of those and they have both apparel and accents) no matter what they're wearing, so that's already a thing.

I do support this though, I want my pairs to face each other ;w; I have pairs like a female SD and male Imp that can't face each other and they're mates so I want them too, same with others.

I don't support this as a clothing item. It... doesn't fit as an apparel item? It makes no sense to me at all, clothing wouldn't flip anyone the other direction o.O Honestly someone mentioning it being like the HD button flip on their page seems like the best option to me, especially since you shouldn't have to pay much, if anything, to just have your dragon flipped the other direction.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
1 2 3