Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Best science fantasy / fantasy books?
1 2 3 4
Fantasy and science fantasy has got to be my favorite genre. <3 Recommend me books in these categories?
Fantasy and science fantasy has got to be my favorite genre. <3 Recommend me books in these categories?
1391_350px_rainforest_by_miirshroom-dbvjs1a.png
If you haven't already read it, try the Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo.
If you haven't already read it, try the Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo.
HAdMW59.png vMytXAB.png 5qGWR9z.png
Like my signature? PM me if you want me to make yours
@Kozs - All my friends have suggested that to me! C; Thanks! I'll have to check it out from my library sometime.
@Kozs - All my friends have suggested that to me! C; Thanks! I'll have to check it out from my library sometime.

Lord of the Rings is honestly my favorite books/movies/everything of all time! I even have a tattoo from the movie haha.

I also recommend BoneShaker by Cherie Priest. It's turned into series now, but Boneshaker is such a cool book!

Lord of the Rings is honestly my favorite books/movies/everything of all time! I even have a tattoo from the movie haha.

I also recommend BoneShaker by Cherie Priest. It's turned into series now, but Boneshaker is such a cool book!
MV1Iakt.png q9b6y04.png
200.gif
Not related, but may I ask who did your signature art or where you found it? I really like it!
Not related, but may I ask who did your signature art or where you found it? I really like it!
HAdMW59.png vMytXAB.png 5qGWR9z.png
Like my signature? PM me if you want me to make yours
@Kozs - Aw, thank you! <3

It's from miirshroom!
They do bonsai pixels and so on, and there's so many cool options! You mainly pay in items, as paying in treasure would be more expensive. ^-^
@Kozs - Aw, thank you! <3

It's from miirshroom!
They do bonsai pixels and so on, and there's so many cool options! You mainly pay in items, as paying in treasure would be more expensive. ^-^
@metalgingersolid - Ooh, nice choice! LOTR has some amazing movies. I loved Legolas in The Desolation of Smaug! And the books I have yet to read, but plan to very soon!

I took a look at that series on Goodreads, and it sounds amazing! Thank you!
@metalgingersolid - Ooh, nice choice! LOTR has some amazing movies. I loved Legolas in The Desolation of Smaug! And the books I have yet to read, but plan to very soon!

I took a look at that series on Goodreads, and it sounds amazing! Thank you!
The Coilhunter series is pretty good (and cheap, when I got it not long ago it was a dollar each for ebooks including the preorder of the third book). Ansible and the Codex Alera series also count I guess?

Also anything with Shadowrun on it. This is Science Fantasy in a can. Also good for games.
The Coilhunter series is pretty good (and cheap, when I got it not long ago it was a dollar each for ebooks including the preorder of the third book). Ansible and the Codex Alera series also count I guess?

Also anything with Shadowrun on it. This is Science Fantasy in a can. Also good for games.
My writing project.
@Rainforest two that I always recommend are Ender's Game (the whole series) for science fiction, and The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel for fantasy. They are both awesome in their own ways. The Ender's Game series is remarkably intellectual, and really makes you think, while also having well developed characters and complex relationships. Nicholas Flamel is well written and paced, with a surprisingly original plot. Bonus: every character except the main two are either mythological or historical!

There is some controversy around the author of Ender's Game, but if you separate the book from the creator, and look at the themes presented, it's really a great work of literature. I wish more people gave it a chance.
@Rainforest two that I always recommend are Ender's Game (the whole series) for science fiction, and The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel for fantasy. They are both awesome in their own ways. The Ender's Game series is remarkably intellectual, and really makes you think, while also having well developed characters and complex relationships. Nicholas Flamel is well written and paced, with a surprisingly original plot. Bonus: every character except the main two are either mythological or historical!

There is some controversy around the author of Ender's Game, but if you separate the book from the creator, and look at the themes presented, it's really a great work of literature. I wish more people gave it a chance.
Caught between the mundanely awkward and the existentially impossible.
-Alice Isn't Dead, Part 2, chapter 4, 11:55

Fantasy: Discworld

Sci-Fi: Hitchhiker's Guide

Lighthearted, hilarious, creative, ridiculously well-written.
Fantasy: Discworld

Sci-Fi: Hitchhiker's Guide

Lighthearted, hilarious, creative, ridiculously well-written.
cL9yafY.gif
1 2 3 4