Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Site freezes my computer
Every so often a wrong click on the website can make my entire computer freeze like crazy. If I have sound on in the background it goes into an end-of-days buzz and everything becomes unusable for about two minutes or so. It does the same in Firefox and Chrome and I have them all updated. My computer is also pretty good, not NASA level but decent.

I used to think it's only when I try to interact with my familiars so I stopped doing that. Except it happens no matter what I do. It's extremely aggravating. It might have something to do with you using synchronous XMLHttpRequest that remain hanging or I don't know. The console spits out a ton of warnings but this seems like the most relevant one.

Just please look into it. It makes me wanna quit this game and I really like it.

Thanks! :)
Every so often a wrong click on the website can make my entire computer freeze like crazy. If I have sound on in the background it goes into an end-of-days buzz and everything becomes unusable for about two minutes or so. It does the same in Firefox and Chrome and I have them all updated. My computer is also pretty good, not NASA level but decent.

I used to think it's only when I try to interact with my familiars so I stopped doing that. Except it happens no matter what I do. It's extremely aggravating. It might have something to do with you using synchronous XMLHttpRequest that remain hanging or I don't know. The console spits out a ton of warnings but this seems like the most relevant one.

Just please look into it. It makes me wanna quit this game and I really like it.

Thanks! :)
@Imperatrix
Given this is something that I've never seen anyone report before, the most likely thing is that it's to do with your setup not FR.

First things first - run a full virus scan. Run FR in incognito mode in chrome. There's also potentially hardware issues - AMD FX-6300 is notorious for this kind of thing happening.
@Imperatrix
Given this is something that I've never seen anyone report before, the most likely thing is that it's to do with your setup not FR.

First things first - run a full virus scan. Run FR in incognito mode in chrome. There's also potentially hardware issues - AMD FX-6300 is notorious for this kind of thing happening.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
I was indeed surprised no one else posted about this. I don't have viruses, my antivirus is up and running. It's also not my hardware, I'm on Intel and this only ever happens on Flight Rising. Will try incognito and also defrag my HDD, I guess. I'll get back with more complaining if nothing changes. :)

Though you should really drop those synchronous requests. Like, really. I may have a local problem but those hang times are definitely not helping.
I was indeed surprised no one else posted about this. I don't have viruses, my antivirus is up and running. It's also not my hardware, I'm on Intel and this only ever happens on Flight Rising. Will try incognito and also defrag my HDD, I guess. I'll get back with more complaining if nothing changes. :)

Though you should really drop those synchronous requests. Like, really. I may have a local problem but those hang times are definitely not helping.
@Imperatrix
Out of curiosity, do you have hardware acceleration turned on or off in chrome? Some people have reported coli issues with it off, though never site.

(I'm assuming by 'you' you mean the site staff not me personally haha)

EDIT: FYI, if you want someone to know you've responded, you need to use @ with their name

EDIT2: I just checked out the lair page and a dragon page out of interest and the only XML request on either is written asynchronously. Don't have the time or inclination to check out everywhere else but would be odd (particularly given the very small number of people involved in building the site) to mix synchronous and asynchronous request types. Maybe it's something else on the page that's causing the problem, such as a bad ad?
@Imperatrix
Out of curiosity, do you have hardware acceleration turned on or off in chrome? Some people have reported coli issues with it off, though never site.

(I'm assuming by 'you' you mean the site staff not me personally haha)

EDIT: FYI, if you want someone to know you've responded, you need to use @ with their name

EDIT2: I just checked out the lair page and a dragon page out of interest and the only XML request on either is written asynchronously. Don't have the time or inclination to check out everywhere else but would be odd (particularly given the very small number of people involved in building the site) to mix synchronous and asynchronous request types. Maybe it's something else on the page that's causing the problem, such as a bad ad?
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
@Vendrus Yeah, it was a generic "you". :D

Hardware acceleration is on so that's not it. Hell knows, I guess I'll try on a different computer too and see how it behaves.

Also thanks for the tip, I don't normally use the forums much. And thanks for the help in general. :)

EDIT: hm... I had not considered the ads. I hope you won't take it the wrong way if I turn on AdBlock for a sec just to test. :D
@Vendrus Yeah, it was a generic "you". :D

Hardware acceleration is on so that's not it. Hell knows, I guess I'll try on a different computer too and see how it behaves.

Also thanks for the tip, I don't normally use the forums much. And thanks for the help in general. :)

EDIT: hm... I had not considered the ads. I hope you won't take it the wrong way if I turn on AdBlock for a sec just to test. :D