Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | All Flight Dom: IT IS ON!
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 55 56
@mlsclassics, I am aware of the on-going discussion about that. I don't have any information to give right now but I am paying attention to player feedback.
@mlsclassics, I am aware of the on-going discussion about that. I don't have any information to give right now but I am paying attention to player feedback.
@Aequorin
The past time we mostly had two flights pushing for dom, sometimes three, sometimes only one. Making this into a way bigger tournament all the time, like what we have now, would be verrrry nice change.
@Aequorin
The past time we mostly had two flights pushing for dom, sometimes three, sometimes only one. Making this into a way bigger tournament all the time, like what we have now, would be verrrry nice change.
fuoDMXr.pngbsky - twitter - tumblr - he\they
@Asmo, Flights taking turns wasn't the intended goal of Dominance. Dominance does two things: gives the Dominant Flight some nice benefits and pull dragons out of the system.

If all the Flights push every week, we will see the dragon population drop.

Giving a Flight Dominance for their festival week, I understand and think it is great but when we only have two Flights pushing a week, every week, and then drop down to just one Flight every four weeks, not nearly enough dragons leave the game.
@Asmo, Flights taking turns wasn't the intended goal of Dominance. Dominance does two things: gives the Dominant Flight some nice benefits and pull dragons out of the system.

If all the Flights push every week, we will see the dragon population drop.

Giving a Flight Dominance for their festival week, I understand and think it is great but when we only have two Flights pushing a week, every week, and then drop down to just one Flight every four weeks, not nearly enough dragons leave the game.
My head canon for the site's minor outages is that all of this frantic exalting is ripping apart the fabric of reality.

I can't unthink it.
My head canon for the site's minor outages is that all of this frantic exalting is ripping apart the fabric of reality.

I can't unthink it.
flightsignature_zps6e7f1755.gif
[quote name="Ryukiri" date="2014-02-13 12:14:18"]My head canon for the site's minor outages is that all of this frantic exalting is ripping apart the fabric of reality. I can't unthink it.[/quote] ...thanks, Arcanist.
Ryukiri wrote on 2014-02-13 12:14:18:

I can't unthink it.

...thanks, Arcanist.
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2014-02-13 12:19:05"][quote name="Ryukiri" date="2014-02-13 12:14:18"]My head canon for the site's minor outages is that all of this frantic exalting is ripping apart the fabric of reality. I can't unthink it.[/quote] ...thanks, Arcanist.[/quote]ONE JOB
Aequorin wrote on 2014-02-13 12:19:05:
Ryukiri wrote on 2014-02-13 12:14:18:

I can't unthink it.

...thanks, Arcanist.
ONE JOB
flightsignature_zps6e7f1755.gif
There are only 4 pages of hatchlings for 6kT or below, and like 85 for 7kT and below. o:
There are only 4 pages of hatchlings for 6kT or below, and like 85 for 7kT and below. o:
LET'S HEAR SOME BATTLECRIES!!!
LET'S HEAR SOME BATTLECRIES!!!
@Aequorin
Quote:
This is how Dominance is supposed to be. Every week, multiple Flights fighting it out for the honor of being the Dominant Flight for the next week, breeding Exalt fodder, raiding the Auction House for more fodder

As long as Dominance is winner-take-all, you're never going to see all the flights fighting it out every week. Maybe getting a couple of flights trying for it every week is doable. But there's no advantage to coming in second vs coming in last -- there's not even bragging rights, because there's no ongoing history for dominance (as far as I know?). So flights are encouraged to prepare ahead of time for a specific week. Any flight that tried for dominance every week would never win, because the other 10 who are preparing for a month ahead of time will beat them.

Also, psychologically, I doubt a large percentage of the userbase equating exaltation with ritual sacrifice is generally not helping the cause of lowering the overall dragon populace. v.v
@Aequorin
Quote:
This is how Dominance is supposed to be. Every week, multiple Flights fighting it out for the honor of being the Dominant Flight for the next week, breeding Exalt fodder, raiding the Auction House for more fodder

As long as Dominance is winner-take-all, you're never going to see all the flights fighting it out every week. Maybe getting a couple of flights trying for it every week is doable. But there's no advantage to coming in second vs coming in last -- there's not even bragging rights, because there's no ongoing history for dominance (as far as I know?). So flights are encouraged to prepare ahead of time for a specific week. Any flight that tried for dominance every week would never win, because the other 10 who are preparing for a month ahead of time will beat them.

Also, psychologically, I doubt a large percentage of the userbase equating exaltation with ritual sacrifice is generally not helping the cause of lowering the overall dragon populace. v.v
Author Website: LadyRowyn.com
I think @LadyRowyn has a good point, in that I think if there were more rewards for participation and/or placing, more people would be motivated to pitch in. Winner Takes All is exhilarating but draining, and for the larger flights that have less of a chance of winning preparations for Dominance battles can start months in advance.
I think @LadyRowyn has a good point, in that I think if there were more rewards for participation and/or placing, more people would be motivated to pitch in. Winner Takes All is exhilarating but draining, and for the larger flights that have less of a chance of winning preparations for Dominance battles can start months in advance.
Traveling Wind Clan! We have toured every Flight in Sornieth!
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 55 56