Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What was your first anime?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
i wanna say my neighbor totoro, but then i remembered i've been OBSESSED with pokemon since age 3. i didn't like the anime too much (too cheesy, even for my bratty three-year-old self) but i guess it was my first. my dad introduced me to it, to my mother's dismay. she doesn't like it because it's violent, and her hatred only grew when i threw a stuffed pikachu at my one-year-old sister screaming "aTTACK"
i wanna say my neighbor totoro, but then i remembered i've been OBSESSED with pokemon since age 3. i didn't like the anime too much (too cheesy, even for my bratty three-year-old self) but i guess it was my first. my dad introduced me to it, to my mother's dismay. she doesn't like it because it's violent, and her hatred only grew when i threw a stuffed pikachu at my one-year-old sister screaming "aTTACK"
kawaii_pastel_star_divider_by_miemie_chan3-d4e9j1k.gif
call me taro
he/him and pi/pika | fr time | art shop
kawaii_pastel_star_divider_by_miemie_chan3-d4e9j1k.gif
Either Pokemon, Digimon, or Beyblade. Pretty sure it was Pokemon though. My older cousins were watching it one day, so I decided to join in. My favorites at the time were "giant rock snake" (Onix) and "the starfish with a jewel in the middle" (Staryu). Yeah, it's been around what? 10+ years? No idea, but I still find Pokemon enjoyable, even if I no longer keep up with the anime (and sheesh, that's a lot of Pokemon now that I think about it).

In conclusion,

Pokemon
Yes
Family
Either Pokemon, Digimon, or Beyblade. Pretty sure it was Pokemon though. My older cousins were watching it one day, so I decided to join in. My favorites at the time were "giant rock snake" (Onix) and "the starfish with a jewel in the middle" (Staryu). Yeah, it's been around what? 10+ years? No idea, but I still find Pokemon enjoyable, even if I no longer keep up with the anime (and sheesh, that's a lot of Pokemon now that I think about it).

In conclusion,

Pokemon
Yes
Family
0a50f0c310.png
» Physik | FR +2
» Outfits | Scatter
Unless you count Pokemon, mine would be FullMetal Alchemist.

I first saw it back in like 2007 or 2008 (Holy **** that's already 10 years ago!) when @/Ecruteak and I hijacked the television at our friend's sleepover and watched anime on Adult Swim all night. We had no idea what was going on. It was one of the Lab 5 episodes from the 2003 series.

A while later, Ecruteak bought the first four episodes on DVD, and we fell in love with it. I had completely forgot about seeing it that one night until later on when I watched that episode again. I freaked out like "Oh my god, I've seen this before!" She bought all of the 2003 series, The CoS movie, and then later she got the entire Brotherhood series.

Do I still enjoy it? What kind of question is that?! I still love both series (Though I prefer Brotherhood's ending over the 2003 series, though I still enjoy how that one ended.) In fact, I even have the entire manga series, And I will never, ever get rid of it.
Ecruteak, you have created a monster.

To be honest - and this sounds so cheesy and cliche - I feel like seeing that series has had a huge impact on who I am today. It's so beautifully written, and I think I got super into it emotionally. It really makes you think about morals and how blurry the line between "good" and "bad" can really be.

I love how much emotional whiplash it deals, too. Within the span of one episode, you can go from side-splitting laughs to bawling your eyes out to screaming at the TV and back again.

Of course, my favorite scene would have to be from Brotherhood, where they all got split up while in the North, and Ed's been missing for who knows how long. And then Winry ends up going back to her house in Resembool and goes up to her room to change clothes. She starts pulling her shirt up, but suddenly hears a little noise behind her. She looks back, and sitting in her bedroom, eating a sandwich, staring at her in horror/disbelief/embarassment, is none other than Ed. And they both scream bloody murder. The house was freakin empty. and he decided to sit in her bedroom. What the ****, Ed?!
Unless you count Pokemon, mine would be FullMetal Alchemist.

I first saw it back in like 2007 or 2008 (Holy **** that's already 10 years ago!) when @/Ecruteak and I hijacked the television at our friend's sleepover and watched anime on Adult Swim all night. We had no idea what was going on. It was one of the Lab 5 episodes from the 2003 series.

A while later, Ecruteak bought the first four episodes on DVD, and we fell in love with it. I had completely forgot about seeing it that one night until later on when I watched that episode again. I freaked out like "Oh my god, I've seen this before!" She bought all of the 2003 series, The CoS movie, and then later she got the entire Brotherhood series.

Do I still enjoy it? What kind of question is that?! I still love both series (Though I prefer Brotherhood's ending over the 2003 series, though I still enjoy how that one ended.) In fact, I even have the entire manga series, And I will never, ever get rid of it.
Ecruteak, you have created a monster.

To be honest - and this sounds so cheesy and cliche - I feel like seeing that series has had a huge impact on who I am today. It's so beautifully written, and I think I got super into it emotionally. It really makes you think about morals and how blurry the line between "good" and "bad" can really be.

I love how much emotional whiplash it deals, too. Within the span of one episode, you can go from side-splitting laughs to bawling your eyes out to screaming at the TV and back again.

Of course, my favorite scene would have to be from Brotherhood, where they all got split up while in the North, and Ed's been missing for who knows how long. And then Winry ends up going back to her house in Resembool and goes up to her room to change clothes. She starts pulling her shirt up, but suddenly hears a little noise behind her. She looks back, and sitting in her bedroom, eating a sandwich, staring at her in horror/disbelief/embarassment, is none other than Ed. And they both scream bloody murder. The house was freakin empty. and he decided to sit in her bedroom. What the ****, Ed?!
jWAyGvS.jpg
Save Sornieth's Birds
rsz-612abf105149ce0d4a915a64bc527a9d.pngdNi7kr2.jpg 34e440a48f4368b81567270219f7e54142d18a63_128.gif
unless you count pokemon, then naruto.
unless you count pokemon, then naruto.
ytkEBod.pngll0CfnD.png510b8a63d40dc52d20b17daf90107ad8a80d4b80.png
Mine was Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles (I think that's the first time I spelled it correctly on my first try, good lord)!
It will always hold a special place in my heart, and I've been obsessed with the concept of "world traveling" and the multiverse theory ever since.
Mine was Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles (I think that's the first time I spelled it correctly on my first try, good lord)!
It will always hold a special place in my heart, and I've been obsessed with the concept of "world traveling" and the multiverse theory ever since.
7ophKeo.png
hh5n4WA.png
G8AyR6r.png
EB9jVcQ.png
oaolHwW.png
gYW0j5f.png
6uThYLh.png
6KQB58c.png
What was the first anime you ever watched?

Wolf's Rain

Do you still think it is good?

YES! Wolf's Rain is the best anime I've ever watched! (though, fair warning, it's got an M rating for a reason.)

How did you find out about it?

I heard some songs from the show's OST and decided to check it out.
What was the first anime you ever watched?

Wolf's Rain

Do you still think it is good?

YES! Wolf's Rain is the best anime I've ever watched! (though, fair warning, it's got an M rating for a reason.)

How did you find out about it?

I heard some songs from the show's OST and decided to check it out.
The first ever anime I watched was the 4KIDZ! dub of Digimon when I was six!!
The series is still v near and dear to my heart although rewatching the dub of it is quite cringy; I think that it was Digimon that kickstarted my love for both anime and fantasy~
The first ever anime I watched was the 4KIDZ! dub of Digimon when I was six!!
The series is still v near and dear to my heart although rewatching the dub of it is quite cringy; I think that it was Digimon that kickstarted my love for both anime and fantasy~
1584_350px_staarman_by_miirshroom-dce92t5.png
Moony / they/him / +3
I'm currently checking interest in my art and I think my hatchery will (hopefully) reopen later this year! Please check back for their links later.
Probably Sailor Moon
Probably Sailor Moon
windshieldr.pngOY2CZgk.pngwindshieldl.png
Pokémon was mine!
I started watching it a week?? or so after it came out in the US in '97.
My friends were all running around yelling, "Pikachu!" on the school playground.
I had nooo idea what they were talking about but it looked fun.
I watched Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura around the same time.
I still like it, but I haven't watched in yeeears.
My first anime movie was My Neighbor Totoro.
I may have watched it before Pokémon, but I'm not sure.
Love that movie to heckin' death still.
Pokémon was mine!
I started watching it a week?? or so after it came out in the US in '97.
My friends were all running around yelling, "Pikachu!" on the school playground.
I had nooo idea what they were talking about but it looked fun.
I watched Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura around the same time.
I still like it, but I haven't watched in yeeears.
My first anime movie was My Neighbor Totoro.
I may have watched it before Pokémon, but I'm not sure.
Love that movie to heckin' death still.
FObX7rS.png
BzjAkuF.png
5hF3FGk.png
yUgY90m.png
Hey, I'm Charlie!
she/they
nonbinary & queer
The first anime I watched where I was aware I was watching an anime was Fruits Basket. Before that, when I was younger and unaware that anime is a thing it was Pokemon.
The first anime I watched where I was aware I was watching an anime was Fruits Basket. Before that, when I was younger and unaware that anime is a thing it was Pokemon.
tumblr_inline_nfx4qkzLCB1r6zydg.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12