Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Random Progen is the prettiest boy
So three years ago when I joined the site, I had no idea what I was doing and messed up my custom progen with really bland colors, and got a random progen with equally dull plumage. Or so I thought. I exalted both of them once I saw what the other dragons could look like, and promptly forgot about them completely, until yesterday when FR announced we could restore them by ourselves for free. This was the random progen I was given way back when: [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/29805/2980457_350.png[/img] AND LOOK AT WHAT HE CAN BECOME [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=12&bodygene=1&breed=5&element=3&gender=0&tert=38&tertgene=18&winggene=13&wings=18&auth=879bc5b33555aaa74b2d4d1c9a1207299c174711&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I'll have to become hyper rich to gene and breed change him but man I'm excited--he's so poisonous and gooey and ferocious. Anyone else out there mess up their custom dragon because they had no idea what they were doing?
So three years ago when I joined the site, I had no idea what I was doing and messed up my custom progen with really bland colors, and got a random progen with equally dull plumage. Or so I thought.

I exalted both of them once I saw what the other dragons could look like, and promptly forgot about them completely, until yesterday when FR announced we could restore them by ourselves for free.

This was the random progen I was given way back when:

2980457_350.png

AND LOOK AT WHAT HE CAN BECOME

dragon?age=1&body=12&bodygene=1&breed=5&element=3&gender=0&tert=38&tertgene=18&winggene=13&wings=18&auth=879bc5b33555aaa74b2d4d1c9a1207299c174711&dummyext=prev.png

I'll have to become hyper rich to gene and breed change him but man I'm excited--he's so poisonous and gooey and ferocious.

Anyone else out there mess up their custom dragon because they had no idea what they were doing?
tumblr_inline_mv3akeJbfn1r9ywrd.png
@ViridianHoax Danang dude oh man that gorgeous. Originally my random had that awful purple-brown color (Violet, i think) and a unflattering brown secondary and I think a green tert. One scatter later (the only one ive done) and I get this lady; [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15137555] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/151376/15137555_350.png[/img] [/url] So .. eh... but ..then [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=60&bodygene=11&breed=2&element=7&gender=1&tert=12&tertgene=10&winggene=12&wings=1&auth=6cbd66151d0d4b1ee4321702a62c195a32b1ef86&dummyext=prev.png[/img] oh dear. TTvTT I love XYZ dragons with super different colors that all somehow work. Probably my favorite kind of color cohesion.
@ViridianHoax

Danang dude oh man that gorgeous.

Originally my random had that awful purple-brown color (Violet, i think) and a unflattering brown secondary and I think a green tert.

One scatter later (the only one ive done) and I get this lady;

15137555_350.png

So .. eh... but ..then

dragon?age=1&body=60&bodygene=11&breed=2&element=7&gender=1&tert=12&tertgene=10&winggene=12&wings=1&auth=6cbd66151d0d4b1ee4321702a62c195a32b1ef86&dummyext=prev.png

oh dear. TTvTT

I love XYZ dragons with super different colors that all somehow work. Probably my favorite kind of color cohesion.
She/He
Pan - Poly
Drew / Lemons
1tpb8sw.gif
Wow! he's actually pretty cool! Both of my progens are butt-ugly, I exalted them a while ago, and they'll be staying exalted for the foreseeable future. Each of them have had a few scatters, but they're still just as unfortunate... My custom was initially ice/emerald/stone and my random was swamp/magenta/obsidian they currently look like this: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=18&bodygene=0&breed=1&element=8&gender=1&tert=14&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=6&auth=698c22096743fa45e05379d50c31c6275958cc61&dummyext=prev.png[/img] My custom 20838932 [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=55&bodygene=0&breed=6&element=8&gender=0&tert=92&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=113&auth=30cf2824b2b8e62cc4c7c138a3ed2700d605398b&dummyext=prev.png[/img] 20838933
Wow! he's actually pretty cool!
Both of my progens are butt-ugly, I exalted them a while ago, and they'll be staying exalted for the foreseeable future. Each of them have had a few scatters, but they're still just as unfortunate...
My custom was initially ice/emerald/stone and my random was swamp/magenta/obsidian

they currently look like this:
dragon?age=1&body=18&bodygene=0&breed=1&element=8&gender=1&tert=14&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=6&auth=698c22096743fa45e05379d50c31c6275958cc61&dummyext=prev.png
My custom 20838932

dragon?age=1&body=55&bodygene=0&breed=6&element=8&gender=0&tert=92&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=113&auth=30cf2824b2b8e62cc4c7c138a3ed2700d605398b&dummyext=prev.png

@Ecci

bead-divider-big-100x12.png

YPz1UST.png
Tn9tG7j.png
15585.png light_3.png

Gen 1 lair
YA2CvXh.png

The Ecci are scholars who study artefacts found in the ruins.
RRcPYe6.png
Currently seeking allies!
Ooh, he is gorgeous. As for messing up my custom... well, I have no problem with HIS colors. He's a nice looking dragon. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=119586] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/1196/119586_350.png[/img] [/url] Unfortunately I didn't quite understand the breeding system. See, Steel is right smack in the middle of blue, despite being a nice greyish color. And Crimson is right smack in the middle of red. So really no matter what I do, his babies are doomed to be a garish mess. The best I could do was find him a mate with a really wide range - both primary and secondary go over the white/black area, so there's a chance the baby will get at least one neutral color. ^^; Of course there's also a chance they'll be entirely pink. If I could do it over, I probably would have given him Charcoal primary. He wouldn't look quite as good, but it would be way easier to get pretty children for him.
Ooh, he is gorgeous.

As for messing up my custom... well, I have no problem with HIS colors. He's a nice looking dragon.

119586_350.png

Unfortunately I didn't quite understand the breeding system. See, Steel is right smack in the middle of blue, despite being a nice greyish color. And Crimson is right smack in the middle of red. So really no matter what I do, his babies are doomed to be a garish mess. The best I could do was find him a mate with a really wide range - both primary and secondary go over the white/black area, so there's a chance the baby will get at least one neutral color. ^^; Of course there's also a chance they'll be entirely pink.

If I could do it over, I probably would have given him Charcoal primary. He wouldn't look quite as good, but it would be way easier to get pretty children for him.
@Lemonsinasoup Wow she's pretty! Yeah I've never scattered before, I considered it with my custom progen but I want to make my boy pretty first. Unless I win the FR lottery or something. Poison and Toxin can be lifesaving when it comes to clashing colors--they sometimes add just enough to make the mix look good!

@Ecci I've heard horror stories about scattering and bad luck. Or how sometimes people can get addicted to it--I don't want my already limited funds to go down that path just yet (especially when there are so many pretty dragons out there to buy). But I'm looking forward to finally having a project I can work on!

I wish I understood what tertiary genes were back when I was making my custom--or that there were other options than the basic gene. Things would have been so different...

@Morigale My custom had a charcoal primary! I just couldn't make it work--she's a mirror and I wanted her to be ferocious, but the genes all made her too delicate looking, or clashed horribly with her tert. Your boy has great colors--maybe his perfect mate is out there!

@Lemonsinasoup Wow she's pretty! Yeah I've never scattered before, I considered it with my custom progen but I want to make my boy pretty first. Unless I win the FR lottery or something. Poison and Toxin can be lifesaving when it comes to clashing colors--they sometimes add just enough to make the mix look good!

@Ecci I've heard horror stories about scattering and bad luck. Or how sometimes people can get addicted to it--I don't want my already limited funds to go down that path just yet (especially when there are so many pretty dragons out there to buy). But I'm looking forward to finally having a project I can work on!

I wish I understood what tertiary genes were back when I was making my custom--or that there were other options than the basic gene. Things would have been so different...

@Morigale My custom had a charcoal primary! I just couldn't make it work--she's a mirror and I wanted her to be ferocious, but the genes all made her too delicate looking, or clashed horribly with her tert. Your boy has great colors--maybe his perfect mate is out there!

tumblr_inline_mv3akeJbfn1r9ywrd.png