Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dragon Restorations
1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
[quote name= "Bubonicc"] I dont find this an interesting addition. Most people who want dragons back are from ages ago. I feel a better update would be "Dragons who don't get a name before they are exalted get a generic name" because its frustrating when people buy my drags from the AH and Exalt them with no name and I have 5 unnamed slots under my dragon. But if said dragon is restored said person could rename it (probably up the gold price because of renaming scroll) Plus naming dragons on your on in the AH seems to lessen the chance of them being bought anyway. Idk I have never accidentally exalted a dragon its too much of a tedious process to go that far and accidentally banish it.[/quote] This is me speaking as someone who used to go into kiniptions if i saw an unnamed dragon I had sold got exhalted. Also forgive me because im posting this on mobile. I get where youre coming from, really I do. However, I also recognize now that once a dragon is sold it is no longer mine. Whoever bought it has full right to do whatever they want with a dragon they have in their lair(the flight rising staff have said so as well). Once a dragon is in someone elses lairs, its theirs to do what they please with it. You have given up all rights to that dragon. Now there are a couple solutions to your dilema: you can either: A)name the dragons before listing them in the auction house. B) ask nicely in the dragons description that someone name the dragon before its exhalted(which is in no way guaranteed that they will). Or C) sell on private forums where you can ensure that your buyers know and agree to your personal terms. Personally, i no longer care if my dragons are named or not. I politely ask in the description of every dragon sold that they name them, but its not gonna offend me if they dont. Some people keep unnamed dragons as part of their lore, others are in the midst of an dominance push and simply want things out of their lair, and others might not like the naming feature because it seems to impersonal. [b]tl;dr:[/b][i] there are solutions to your problem with unnamed dragons, but once a dragon isn't in your lair anymore, you don't have control of what that player who now owns it does.[/i] As for this not being a useful feature, it totally is! As someone who exhalted my random progen when I first started, just to regret it a year later, im estatic to have her back! Now do i wish there were ways to get back dragons i exhalted ages ago? Eh.... You don't know why someone may want a dragon back. They may want it back because they found a PERFECT mate for it in the ah a few days after banishing it, or they've had it for years and wanted it gone, only to feel weird seeing it gone. It gives players a second chance to correct a MISTAKE or to alleviate a regret. Heck the cooldown time for the feature ensures that it should be a feature thats used sparingly instead of willy nilly. Its a womderful feature and i thank the developers for working so hard to provide this service to us.
Bubonicc wrote:
I dont find this an interesting addition. Most people who want dragons back are from ages ago. I feel a better update would be "Dragons who don't get a name before they are exalted get a generic name" because its frustrating when people buy my drags from the AH and Exalt them with no name and I have 5 unnamed slots under my dragon.
But if said dragon is restored said person could rename it (probably up the gold price because of renaming scroll) Plus naming dragons on your on in the AH seems to lessen the chance of them being bought anyway.
Idk I have never accidentally exalted a dragon its too much of a tedious process to go that far and accidentally banish it.

This is me speaking as someone who used to go into kiniptions if i saw an unnamed dragon I had sold got exhalted. Also forgive me because im posting this on mobile.

I get where youre coming from, really I do. However, I also recognize now that once a dragon is sold it is no longer mine. Whoever bought it has full right to do whatever they want with a dragon they have in their lair(the flight rising staff have said so as well).

Once a dragon is in someone elses lairs, its theirs to do what they please with it. You have given up all rights to that dragon.

Now there are a couple solutions to your dilema: you can either: A)name the dragons before listing them in the auction house. B) ask nicely in the dragons description that someone name the dragon before its exhalted(which is in no way guaranteed that they will). Or C) sell on private forums where you can ensure that your buyers know and agree to your personal terms.

Personally, i no longer care if my dragons are named or not. I politely ask in the description of every dragon sold that they name them, but its not gonna offend me if they dont.

Some people keep unnamed dragons as part of their lore, others are in the midst of an dominance push and simply want things out of their lair, and others might not like the naming feature because it seems to impersonal.

tl;dr: there are solutions to your problem with unnamed dragons, but once a dragon isn't in your lair anymore, you don't have control of what that player who now owns it does.

As for this not being a useful feature, it totally is! As someone who exhalted my random progen when I first started, just to regret it a year later, im estatic to have her back! Now do i wish there were ways to get back dragons i exhalted ages ago? Eh....

You don't know why someone may want a dragon back. They may want it back because they found a PERFECT mate for it in the ah a few days after banishing it, or they've had it for years and wanted it gone, only to feel weird seeing it gone. It gives players a second chance to correct a MISTAKE or to alleviate a regret. Heck the cooldown time for the feature ensures that it should be a feature thats used sparingly instead of willy nilly. Its a womderful feature and i thank the developers for working so hard to provide this service to us.
-Bats
- He/they/Xe
- Aether Enthusiast
mlHpBMC.png
5hF3FGk.png
S3J5uo7.png
eIK5iG7.png

uVEyOnT.png
eswSnrS.png
06xk8gV.png
UuKod4C.png
Pn33kaF.png
YMPbu9R.png
shadowshieldr.png
Finally
Finally
Cool!
Cool!
You are geniuses! I love this! Thank you so much!! <3
You are geniuses! I love this! Thank you so much!! <3
Thank you, devs! That's a really convenient feature.

Great way to create a win-win situation, too. Less work for you, less wait for the users. I am all for this and looking forward to the other options you plan on releasing.
Thank you, devs! That's a really convenient feature.

Great way to create a win-win situation, too. Less work for you, less wait for the users. I am all for this and looking forward to the other options you plan on releasing.
lightfull.png
I don't mind getting back dragons that I've recently exalted.

However a chance to get back my progen (not her mate - he had awful coloring ;-) ) is great.

She had that beautiful colors of stormy sky. Now just need to sell some dergs to prepare some space for halloween newcomers, and them I'll bring her back to me.
I don't mind getting back dragons that I've recently exalted.

However a chance to get back my progen (not her mate - he had awful coloring ;-) ) is great.

She had that beautiful colors of stormy sky. Now just need to sell some dergs to prepare some space for halloween newcomers, and them I'll bring her back to me.
Swimming with Willy
Walk like a penguin
Fly like an eagerr... dragon...
https://discord.gg/MEXJ4xfs
[quote name="Killuazoomyck" date=2017-10-29 10:11:19] Or you could just put in the dragons bio "please give them a name before exalting" but you may get dragons all named Soldier or Honor, etc. [/quote] I can't imagine that would make a notable difference -- the bio isn't visible from the lair page at all and even from the individual dragon page, it requires scrolling down. Considering you can give the dragon a random name from the lair page in a few clicks, nobody who's already trying to maximize every second by skipping names on a few hundred dragons in a rapid-fire dom-push is going to be scrolling through all the individual dragon pages. The only solid solution to "but my offspring list!" is "well, name 'em yourself." And there's literally no reason NOT to except "I would like to save a person who probably doesn't even care the slight cost of a renaming scroll".
Killuazoomyck wrote on 2017-10-29:
Or you could just put in the dragons bio "please give them a name before exalting" but you may get dragons all named Soldier or Honor, etc.

I can't imagine that would make a notable difference -- the bio isn't visible from the lair page at all and even from the individual dragon page, it requires scrolling down. Considering you can give the dragon a random name from the lair page in a few clicks, nobody who's already trying to maximize every second by skipping names on a few hundred dragons in a rapid-fire dom-push is going to be scrolling through all the individual dragon pages.

The only solid solution to "but my offspring list!" is "well, name 'em yourself." And there's literally no reason NOT to except "I would like to save a person who probably doesn't even care the slight cost of a renaming scroll".
tumblr_nzb439eFkE1tc28p3o2_r1_500.png
I can bring my progens back oh my goodness! I am so happy! Mourningspirit and Prancingspout are going to finally get the love that they deserve!
I can bring my progens back oh my goodness! I am so happy! Mourningspirit and Prancingspout are going to finally get the love that they deserve!
tumblr_my7hhrJmDO1sr5klvo1_500.gif
This literally made my day. I didn't realize you could restore progens before this, but now it's so simple! I can't count the number of times I've wished I hadn't gotten rid of my progen. And now she's back :D look at mah pretty lady! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3872568] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/38726/3872568_350.png[/img] [/url]
This literally made my day. I didn't realize you could restore progens before this, but now it's so simple! I can't count the number of times I've wished I hadn't gotten rid of my progen. And now she's back :D look at mah pretty lady!

3872568_350.png
yKp0KRf.png
:D
:D
dhJpGiJ.gif
1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59