Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Name unnamed exalted
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
No support.

I will never understand why this is a topic that still comes up. It's so, so easy to name your hatchlings if this is something that matters to you personally, we don't need blanket changes forced on the entire game to cater to such a minor thing effecting such a small percentage of the player base. Especially when I can't even see how it's possible to have it happen to anyone who cares more than once. There is a randomize button. Click it. It's not hard.
No support.

I will never understand why this is a topic that still comes up. It's so, so easy to name your hatchlings if this is something that matters to you personally, we don't need blanket changes forced on the entire game to cater to such a minor thing effecting such a small percentage of the player base. Especially when I can't even see how it's possible to have it happen to anyone who cares more than once. There is a randomize button. Click it. It's not hard.
I'm so sure this discussion had spiraled into the old 'name or unnamed and by whom' debate which is not what the OP was suggesting, as well as the discussion about a toggle over a prompt or both as a reminder that you're exalting an unnamed that was brought up a few pages later by OP. The last few pages had lost me because it's no longer discussing the same topic to when I replied last time.

I still support a toggle-able prompt as a reminder when exalting unnamed, because mistake happens and not everytime I wanted them remained unnamed when I exalt an unnamed. Other arguments about whom should name an exalt dragon or whether one has the say over what name is given (or not given) to a dragon is just beating the long dead horse. Leave the horse in peace please.
I'm so sure this discussion had spiraled into the old 'name or unnamed and by whom' debate which is not what the OP was suggesting, as well as the discussion about a toggle over a prompt or both as a reminder that you're exalting an unnamed that was brought up a few pages later by OP. The last few pages had lost me because it's no longer discussing the same topic to when I replied last time.

I still support a toggle-able prompt as a reminder when exalting unnamed, because mistake happens and not everytime I wanted them remained unnamed when I exalt an unnamed. Other arguments about whom should name an exalt dragon or whether one has the say over what name is given (or not given) to a dragon is just beating the long dead horse. Leave the horse in peace please.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
@mafiasuits

I would support that only if it does it for all names, not just unnamed. I do like that it would make the name of the dragon a prominent feature of the popup, though I fear it would do little to help as people tend to blindly click (and I am guilty of it as well)

Perhaps there could be a third option that is far removed from the other two that is Randomize and Exalt. So that users who want to randomize names can, but the name is final without any say in it (ie it will give the dragon a name and immediately exalt said dragon) while others can still exalt normally. No extra screens, etc...
@mafiasuits

I would support that only if it does it for all names, not just unnamed. I do like that it would make the name of the dragon a prominent feature of the popup, though I fear it would do little to help as people tend to blindly click (and I am guilty of it as well)

Perhaps there could be a third option that is far removed from the other two that is Randomize and Exalt. So that users who want to randomize names can, but the name is final without any say in it (ie it will give the dragon a name and immediately exalt said dragon) while others can still exalt normally. No extra screens, etc...

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@mafiasuits
Oh, yes, I actually like that a lot. It might also help accidental exalts of the wrong dragon, too, if the name of the dragon is right there big and in your face. And it doesn't really add anything that we already have except it makes it as clear as humanly possible which dragon it is you're exalting.
@mafiasuits
Oh, yes, I actually like that a lot. It might also help accidental exalts of the wrong dragon, too, if the name of the dragon is right there big and in your face. And it doesn't really add anything that we already have except it makes it as clear as humanly possible which dragon it is you're exalting.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
No support.

If you want a dragon to have a name, name it yourself. Also, some people like unnamed hatchlings.
No support.

If you want a dragon to have a name, name it yourself. Also, some people like unnamed hatchlings.
She/Her | PM me about saving a fodder dragon :)
cSQQuYb.png
@dragonsage
I suppose you have a point, but for a name it seems expensive. But again it's up to the admins if they want to implement this feature.
@dragonsage
I suppose you have a point, but for a name it seems expensive. But again it's up to the admins if they want to implement this feature.
officer, i drop kicked that child in self defense
~
fr +17 • she / her
@Jemadar yeah, the idea is for the name (whatever it is or Unnamed if no name) to be big and in hard to miss when you hit the exalt button. Also it gives you the offspring list warning.

Other than that slight text change, it doesn't change anything about the mechanics the way they are now. Same number of clicks and popups. No one is forced to do anything they don't want.

Seems like the easiest way with the least amount of fallout or people getting upset.

@Almedha yeah, that was my thought. It works the exact same as it does now, but just calls your attention to the Naming Issue a bit more by being bigger.
@Jemadar yeah, the idea is for the name (whatever it is or Unnamed if no name) to be big and in hard to miss when you hit the exalt button. Also it gives you the offspring list warning.

Other than that slight text change, it doesn't change anything about the mechanics the way they are now. Same number of clicks and popups. No one is forced to do anything they don't want.

Seems like the easiest way with the least amount of fallout or people getting upset.

@Almedha yeah, that was my thought. It works the exact same as it does now, but just calls your attention to the Naming Issue a bit more by being bigger.
466w8yC.png
@Mafiasuits

that is why I like it, simple and should be obvious enough.
@Mafiasuits

that is why I like it, simple and should be obvious enough.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="ThisIsGospel" date=2017-09-18 23:36:31] No support. If you want a dragon to have a name, name it yourself. Also, some people like unnamed hatchlings. [/quote]
ThisIsGospel wrote on 2017-09-18:
No support.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10