Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Name unnamed exalted
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Naming prompts would slow exalting down so much.

Just name your dragons before selling, it's not THAT hard

Also, Deities canonically don't care if a dragon is named or not, as long as their pull their weight. I think it's Icewarden who said it.

So, having deities "name" dragons would go against canon
Naming prompts would slow exalting down so much.

Just name your dragons before selling, it's not THAT hard

Also, Deities canonically don't care if a dragon is named or not, as long as their pull their weight. I think it's Icewarden who said it.

So, having deities "name" dragons would go against canon
oh ! yeah, i also like the idea of a single popup with more options, i just started writing my post before i saw that one ! it would definitely make it easier, giving us that nice opportunity to randomize the name, while still only being one popup to not slow down exalting !
oh ! yeah, i also like the idea of a single popup with more options, i just started writing my post before i saw that one ! it would definitely make it easier, giving us that nice opportunity to randomize the name, while still only being one popup to not slow down exalting !
MJw9liG.png
name your dragon before selling. once the dragon is sold it's no longer your dragon and the user who bought it can do what ever they want with it. Including leaving it unnamed when exalting.

No support.
name your dragon before selling. once the dragon is sold it's no longer your dragon and the user who bought it can do what ever they want with it. Including leaving it unnamed when exalting.

No support.
Maybe make just an option to randomize or submit a name while the dragon is exalted instead of it being done automatically?
Maybe make just an option to randomize or submit a name while the dragon is exalted instead of it being done automatically?
sketch1701375869612.png
Honestly I'm full support for this as long as there are compromises to incorporate everyone's unique style of play.
Whether that be a single pop up that you have to click through or not I'm seeing a lot of players here acting a little selfishly when this is merely a suggestion that original poster is trying to compromise with you all about.
It would be the player's choice as to whether or not this pop up appears, the players choice to name the exalted dragons or not, as it always has been.
But for many players, myself included, there are reasons to want the random name applied when we exalt a dragon purely so that, well, the dragon doesn't go unnamed.
Yes there are some people who have a specific use of unnamed dragons in their lore, but when they sell a dragon, not always is it going to just be bought as fodder and might get named and kept and given lore or even just take up space in someone's lair. So when I see someone here come back with something like "some players have a use for unnamed dragons" and then say "when a dragon is sold you lose all rights to what happens to it" I just sense a twinge of hypocrisy behind it(because of the whole thing where the dragon could be kept instead of insta-exalted).
Regardless, I'd much rather be able to choose whether or not the dragons I exalt get a random name or not, and as that's my choice as a player it wouldn't affect those who don't want this option. I'm assuming how it would work would be a toggle feature in the settings called "Naming Exalts" or something.
Full support from me.
Honestly I'm full support for this as long as there are compromises to incorporate everyone's unique style of play.
Whether that be a single pop up that you have to click through or not I'm seeing a lot of players here acting a little selfishly when this is merely a suggestion that original poster is trying to compromise with you all about.
It would be the player's choice as to whether or not this pop up appears, the players choice to name the exalted dragons or not, as it always has been.
But for many players, myself included, there are reasons to want the random name applied when we exalt a dragon purely so that, well, the dragon doesn't go unnamed.
Yes there are some people who have a specific use of unnamed dragons in their lore, but when they sell a dragon, not always is it going to just be bought as fodder and might get named and kept and given lore or even just take up space in someone's lair. So when I see someone here come back with something like "some players have a use for unnamed dragons" and then say "when a dragon is sold you lose all rights to what happens to it" I just sense a twinge of hypocrisy behind it(because of the whole thing where the dragon could be kept instead of insta-exalted).
Regardless, I'd much rather be able to choose whether or not the dragons I exalt get a random name or not, and as that's my choice as a player it wouldn't affect those who don't want this option. I'm assuming how it would work would be a toggle feature in the settings called "Naming Exalts" or something.
Full support from me.
DPb14Sh.png Pings are the best way to get ahold of me courier_pearl.gif
@EevyernDracaneon

Thing is that the whole scenary you describe is allready implemented. Just name before you exalt and you are done wth it. If one cares about names you can use the randomizer as soon as the dragon is hatched - and any time thereafter for however long the dragon is in your lair. Nothing of this requires any additional work of the admins.

This suggestion always was about 'I don't like what other people do with dragons that appear on my lists' It never was about not being able to name dragons (which would be strange since dragon naming is a feature of this site since it started).
@EevyernDracaneon

Thing is that the whole scenary you describe is allready implemented. Just name before you exalt and you are done wth it. If one cares about names you can use the randomizer as soon as the dragon is hatched - and any time thereafter for however long the dragon is in your lair. Nothing of this requires any additional work of the admins.

This suggestion always was about 'I don't like what other people do with dragons that appear on my lists' It never was about not being able to name dragons (which would be strange since dragon naming is a feature of this site since it started).
[quote name="Ismaiel" date=2017-09-16 08:02:54] @EevyernDracaneon Thing is that the whole scenary you describe is allready implemented. Just name before you exalt and you are done wth it. If one cares about names you can use the randomizer as soon as the dragon is hatched - and any time thereafter for however long the dragon is in your lair. Nothing of this requires any additional work of the admins. This suggestion always was about 'I don't like what other people do with dragons that appear on my lists' It never was about not being able to name dragons (which would be strange since dragon naming is a feature of this site since it started). [/quote] I was about to say this same thing. This is my whole point really, there already IS a randomizer for names that can be used, it just isn't tied to the exalt function. While as long as this was a toggle on (ie it starts off and players have to toggle it ON) I wouldn't mind, I really don't see a point for it, when the exact mechanic already exists. IE, if players want their dragons named before exalting, randomize the names using the name function. It already exists and is already easy to use. As I said before, it just isn't tied to the exalting function, which I really don't think it *needs* to be because, to me, the whole 'unnamed' issue could easily be a 'booplesnoot' issue or a 'pebble' issue. Everyone has particular words they don't want to see show up on their offspring list, but only Unnamed has a way to 100% prevent it from doing so.
Ismaiel wrote on 2017-09-16:
@EevyernDracaneon

I was about to say this same thing.

This is my whole point really, there already IS a randomizer for names that can be used, it just isn't tied to the exalt function. While as long as this was a toggle on (ie it starts off and players have to toggle it ON) I wouldn't mind, I really don't see a point for it, when the exact mechanic already exists.

IE, if players want their dragons named before exalting, randomize the names using the name function. It already exists and is already easy to use. As I said before, it just isn't tied to the exalting function, which I really don't think it *needs* to be because, to me, the whole 'unnamed' issue could easily be a 'booplesnoot' issue or a 'pebble' issue. Everyone has particular words they don't want to see show up on their offspring list, but only Unnamed has a way to 100% prevent it from doing so.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Another thing.

This is not going to solve anything for Unnamed dragons who are unexalted, and are on accounts where the owner will never come back.

Another thing.

This is not going to solve anything for Unnamed dragons who are unexalted, and are on accounts where the owner will never come back.

[quote]So when I see someone here come back with something like "some players have a use for unnamed dragons" and then say "when a dragon is sold you lose all rights to what happens to it" I just sense a twinge of hypocrisy behind it(because of the whole thing where the dragon could be kept instead of insta-exalted).[/quote] Just curious, but where is the hypocrisy? i just want you to expand on this as I don't quite understand @EevyernDracaneon
Quote:
So when I see someone here come back with something like "some players have a use for unnamed dragons" and then say "when a dragon is sold you lose all rights to what happens to it" I just sense a twinge of hypocrisy behind it(because of the whole thing where the dragon could be kept instead of insta-exalted).

Just curious, but where is the hypocrisy? i just want you to expand on this as I don't quite understand
@EevyernDracaneon
hatcherysig_by_darthyoda42-dclux4n.png
[quote name="Sopheroo" date=2017-09-16 08:39:28] Another thing. This is not going to solve anything for Unnamed dragons who are unexalted, and are on accounts where the owner will never come back. [/quote] Or comes back every day - but doesn't want to ever give them another name because they like the unnamed.
Sopheroo wrote on 2017-09-16:
Another thing.

Or comes back every day - but doesn't want to ever give them another name because they like the unnamed.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10