Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Sp00ky real life stories?
1 2 3
@DirtyGuts
Man, that is creepy. I absolutely hate when weird unexplainable noises happen. Whenever stuff like that happens, I always just try and pretend nothing is wrong, because whenever I start getting freaked out, it seems to get worse.

Anyways, I got a story that still scares me.
You know how sometimes you see shadows in the corner of your vision? One time I saw a large black shadow run in front of a doorway. I thought nothing of it because, y'know just the trick of the eye.

That is until I looked down at my cat who was following me around.

She was puffed up and inching slowly towards the doorway that I had just seen the shadow in. She never does that unless she is truly scared of something. I then started to freak out because I realized what I saw wasn't just a trick of the eye like I first thought. I went in the room to make sure nobody had broken into the house and it was completely empty. Feeling absolutely creeped out at this point, I snatched my cat and ran into a different room in the house. Like that would actually help us, lol.

I told this story to my mom a few months later after it happened and she started laughing. She told me when she was younger, she had some friends over to play. While they were all chatting, the swamp cooler upstairs somehow turned itself on. (A swamp cooler is kind of like a crappy version of an AC.) It isn't automatic or anything, it has to be turned on manually. She said they all just sprinted out of the house and played outside for the rest of the day. X'D

I'm pretty sure something is wrong with that house.

@DirtyGuts
Man, that is creepy. I absolutely hate when weird unexplainable noises happen. Whenever stuff like that happens, I always just try and pretend nothing is wrong, because whenever I start getting freaked out, it seems to get worse.

Anyways, I got a story that still scares me.
You know how sometimes you see shadows in the corner of your vision? One time I saw a large black shadow run in front of a doorway. I thought nothing of it because, y'know just the trick of the eye.

That is until I looked down at my cat who was following me around.

She was puffed up and inching slowly towards the doorway that I had just seen the shadow in. She never does that unless she is truly scared of something. I then started to freak out because I realized what I saw wasn't just a trick of the eye like I first thought. I went in the room to make sure nobody had broken into the house and it was completely empty. Feeling absolutely creeped out at this point, I snatched my cat and ran into a different room in the house. Like that would actually help us, lol.

I told this story to my mom a few months later after it happened and she started laughing. She told me when she was younger, she had some friends over to play. While they were all chatting, the swamp cooler upstairs somehow turned itself on. (A swamp cooler is kind of like a crappy version of an AC.) It isn't automatic or anything, it has to be turned on manually. She said they all just sprinted out of the house and played outside for the rest of the day. X'D

I'm pretty sure something is wrong with that house.

CLICK MY HECKING EGGS
... Please?
?k9XYy=party.png
Okay this couldve all just been a weird hallucination but here it is

I hate closets. I absolutely despise them, they've just always made me uncomfortable for some reason. Like you know that weird feeling of dread that you feel in your chest/stomach? Yeah that's how I feel with closets.

Because of my distaste/minor fear, I don't use my closet. I have put several things in front of it, such as my clothes hamper, a chair, and at the time of this story, 2 of those rolled up memory foam bed pad thingies. I am a light sleeper, and I have a tendency to be a bit on edge at night because of some constant fear of something being in my room where I can't see it.

Now that you have some background, here's what happened.

One night my parents and older sibling had gone to have a dinner at a restaurant and I hung back because I was tired and had some homework to finish. I went to bed before they returned, and woke up around 3-4 am because I swear to you, I heard creaking of footsteps.

I immediately tried to come up with reasonable excuses for the sounds, such as my sister walking in her room, house settling, etc. I did my weird routine for when I feel theres something behind me, which is just repeatedly telling myself not to open my eyes, or roll over. ((I may sound really crazy and im sorry about that, this is just something ive done for a long time. I'm trying to get help with this incessant paranoia. ))

Everything was chill, for the most part.

And then I felt something touch me, something cold and hard run across the back of my neck like someone running a finger across it. All reason is out the window, I'm frozen, It's a monster, it's a skeleton. Its gotta be a skeleton.

Why did my mind immediately jump to skeleton? Who heckie knows. I think its most likely due to the fact that when I was younger I didn't understand it when people said things like "he's got skeletons in his closet" and always thought they meant that idk Greg had heckie real skeletons in there.

So, I struggled to back to bed, struggled to reassure myself, but ultimately just said "olivia, its 3 am this is just another one of your hallucinations its okay"

It wasnt okay.

When I woke up the next day, I immediately looked towards the closet. Everything that had been in front of it had been moved, and the door was cracked open. I wouldve heard someone come into my room, I wouldve known if it was a family member because I know what their individual foot steps sound like since each family members footsteps sound different. It wasn't any of them, also I would've immediately woken up if my door had been opened.

Something came out of that closet and touched me and no one can tell me otherwise.

And thus came my fear of skeletons in closets.

Bonus:

That time my best friend on skype said in a scared tone, "oh my god olivia theres a skeleton in your room" and i started to panic and almost started crying but she busted out laughing and said "I meant YOUR own skeleton, in your BODY"
Okay this couldve all just been a weird hallucination but here it is

I hate closets. I absolutely despise them, they've just always made me uncomfortable for some reason. Like you know that weird feeling of dread that you feel in your chest/stomach? Yeah that's how I feel with closets.

Because of my distaste/minor fear, I don't use my closet. I have put several things in front of it, such as my clothes hamper, a chair, and at the time of this story, 2 of those rolled up memory foam bed pad thingies. I am a light sleeper, and I have a tendency to be a bit on edge at night because of some constant fear of something being in my room where I can't see it.

Now that you have some background, here's what happened.

One night my parents and older sibling had gone to have a dinner at a restaurant and I hung back because I was tired and had some homework to finish. I went to bed before they returned, and woke up around 3-4 am because I swear to you, I heard creaking of footsteps.

I immediately tried to come up with reasonable excuses for the sounds, such as my sister walking in her room, house settling, etc. I did my weird routine for when I feel theres something behind me, which is just repeatedly telling myself not to open my eyes, or roll over. ((I may sound really crazy and im sorry about that, this is just something ive done for a long time. I'm trying to get help with this incessant paranoia. ))

Everything was chill, for the most part.

And then I felt something touch me, something cold and hard run across the back of my neck like someone running a finger across it. All reason is out the window, I'm frozen, It's a monster, it's a skeleton. Its gotta be a skeleton.

Why did my mind immediately jump to skeleton? Who heckie knows. I think its most likely due to the fact that when I was younger I didn't understand it when people said things like "he's got skeletons in his closet" and always thought they meant that idk Greg had heckie real skeletons in there.

So, I struggled to back to bed, struggled to reassure myself, but ultimately just said "olivia, its 3 am this is just another one of your hallucinations its okay"

It wasnt okay.

When I woke up the next day, I immediately looked towards the closet. Everything that had been in front of it had been moved, and the door was cracked open. I wouldve heard someone come into my room, I wouldve known if it was a family member because I know what their individual foot steps sound like since each family members footsteps sound different. It wasn't any of them, also I would've immediately woken up if my door had been opened.

Something came out of that closet and touched me and no one can tell me otherwise.

And thus came my fear of skeletons in closets.

Bonus:

That time my best friend on skype said in a scared tone, "oh my god olivia theres a skeleton in your room" and i started to panic and almost started crying but she busted out laughing and said "I meant YOUR own skeleton, in your BODY"
I || E A T || H U M A N || T E E T H
wolf_skull_icon__free_to_use__by_akumiirako-dbl6hi8.png
I've probably told this one half a dozen times, but... eh.

So, the house my husband and I live in belongs to his mother. Its a family house, his grandparents owned it. Apparently this house comes with its own ghost - a cucuy. Charming thing likes to spook the crackers out of any one it doesnt like to try and make them leave the family alone.

Thus, as it would have it... my husband's friend was living with us some time ago. Its around midnight and his friend is playing a video game in what was the game room at the time. He's very absorbed in this, so he's more than a little confused and put out when my husband's little brother comes into the room, stands behind him and puts his hand on the friend's shoulder while staring at him.

Friend says hi, distracted. Brother turns and leaves, saying nothing. Friend is confused, so when he sees my husband's dad walk by he goes "hey, whats going on with [brother]?"

Dad looks confused and goes "....[brother] is at work..."

Friend shrieks like a girl, flings the controller into the couch and runs out of the room. We heard the scream across the house and came to find out what the poop was going on. Needless to say, lights were left on for sleep that night.

According to father in law, this a regular occurrence as it is constantly doing this to him.

I also have had some lesser "run-ins" with said cucuy.... I've heard it patrol the halls at like 3 am when husband is at work and everyone else is asleep or gone. Not my husband, not my father in law, not my older brother in law. Knew/know all their steps and it was NOT theirs. Down the hall.... few minutes later, up the hall..... down the hall again, and back up the hall a short time later. Its this very heavy, very slow pace. Just.... nope.

Slept with covers over my head that night too.

This thing also likes whispering at me when theres NO ONE else around, there are no TVs on or anything else that could cause the sound. I just casually nope myself right out of there.
I've probably told this one half a dozen times, but... eh.

So, the house my husband and I live in belongs to his mother. Its a family house, his grandparents owned it. Apparently this house comes with its own ghost - a cucuy. Charming thing likes to spook the crackers out of any one it doesnt like to try and make them leave the family alone.

Thus, as it would have it... my husband's friend was living with us some time ago. Its around midnight and his friend is playing a video game in what was the game room at the time. He's very absorbed in this, so he's more than a little confused and put out when my husband's little brother comes into the room, stands behind him and puts his hand on the friend's shoulder while staring at him.

Friend says hi, distracted. Brother turns and leaves, saying nothing. Friend is confused, so when he sees my husband's dad walk by he goes "hey, whats going on with [brother]?"

Dad looks confused and goes "....[brother] is at work..."

Friend shrieks like a girl, flings the controller into the couch and runs out of the room. We heard the scream across the house and came to find out what the poop was going on. Needless to say, lights were left on for sleep that night.

According to father in law, this a regular occurrence as it is constantly doing this to him.

I also have had some lesser "run-ins" with said cucuy.... I've heard it patrol the halls at like 3 am when husband is at work and everyone else is asleep or gone. Not my husband, not my father in law, not my older brother in law. Knew/know all their steps and it was NOT theirs. Down the hall.... few minutes later, up the hall..... down the hall again, and back up the hall a short time later. Its this very heavy, very slow pace. Just.... nope.

Slept with covers over my head that night too.

This thing also likes whispering at me when theres NO ONE else around, there are no TVs on or anything else that could cause the sound. I just casually nope myself right out of there.
..........................................................~FR+1~
Mod Tip: Site bugging out? Clear your cache. :)
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group.
GnWIkP6.gif
I don't know if we have fairies or what in my house
my mom is a firm believer in the supernatural and I am as well. We also have a great many cats, despite this none of these issues could be explained by cats.

For starters. frequently we had issues mowing the lawn, I'm not just talking "oh the grass is too high lets call a mower to do it for us" I'm talking the literal rear wheels axels and all just POPPING off a perfectly otherwise healthy machine... or mowers jamming and not starting again for no reason. And of course my personal favorite, the time my mom some how was mowing the lawn and knocked a bullfrog unconscious... this thing was bigger than I was and I was 7 at the time.

So my mom started to wonder if there was something about it. So she basically said to whatever would listen that if they wanted a certain section of the yard left alone to make a sign.
That never happened but the activity did increase. This time though stuff starting to go missing. I'm talking small objects like keys, scissors, lighters... one time my uncle had something right in his lap and it just vanished.
We would look for hours for these objects... then get fed up and "ask" for them to be returned... and poof there they are in PLAIN sight as if they had never been missing.... but in a location that was not the original location and in a spot we have already checked.

I'm talking like. You can't find the tv remote so you pull all the sheets and blankets off your bed shake them out and then go to check other rooms to see if you misplaced it in there. Get fed up after ten minutes ask for it back. You go back into the bed room, and the remote would be sitting in the middle of that empty sheet you left behind.

But the kicker was my mom had a set of mirrors, they were bordered in silver colored ceramic and had a moon and sun theme to them... Well the moon mirror disappeared... right off the wall. No glass fragments. Nothing. We find it two years later in the complete opposite side of the house under some furniture... unharmed.. hidden... no idea why. We had been convienced for ages that something just up and took it. After finding it my mom hung it back up on the wall next to the sun mirror again. The very next day... it fell off the wall and shattered... the nail was still in the wall. We took the sun mirror down after that too. It was creepy to say the least.

Bonus: A bit of a light hearted extra story. My mom reads tarot and works as a medium at times, so occasionally we'll have little wierdness spikes. I dont know if I should call them ghosts or what.

But one day I was opening my Tortillas, and they come with those little wire twist ties that you twist to close. I am the only one in the house that eats Tortillas for things that arent tacos... so I know it wasnt my mom. And it was only me and her there. Well that twisty tie... Someone tied it in a knot. Thank you Tortilla ghost... I still had lunch so jokes on you. =P
I don't know if we have fairies or what in my house
my mom is a firm believer in the supernatural and I am as well. We also have a great many cats, despite this none of these issues could be explained by cats.

For starters. frequently we had issues mowing the lawn, I'm not just talking "oh the grass is too high lets call a mower to do it for us" I'm talking the literal rear wheels axels and all just POPPING off a perfectly otherwise healthy machine... or mowers jamming and not starting again for no reason. And of course my personal favorite, the time my mom some how was mowing the lawn and knocked a bullfrog unconscious... this thing was bigger than I was and I was 7 at the time.

So my mom started to wonder if there was something about it. So she basically said to whatever would listen that if they wanted a certain section of the yard left alone to make a sign.
That never happened but the activity did increase. This time though stuff starting to go missing. I'm talking small objects like keys, scissors, lighters... one time my uncle had something right in his lap and it just vanished.
We would look for hours for these objects... then get fed up and "ask" for them to be returned... and poof there they are in PLAIN sight as if they had never been missing.... but in a location that was not the original location and in a spot we have already checked.

I'm talking like. You can't find the tv remote so you pull all the sheets and blankets off your bed shake them out and then go to check other rooms to see if you misplaced it in there. Get fed up after ten minutes ask for it back. You go back into the bed room, and the remote would be sitting in the middle of that empty sheet you left behind.

But the kicker was my mom had a set of mirrors, they were bordered in silver colored ceramic and had a moon and sun theme to them... Well the moon mirror disappeared... right off the wall. No glass fragments. Nothing. We find it two years later in the complete opposite side of the house under some furniture... unharmed.. hidden... no idea why. We had been convienced for ages that something just up and took it. After finding it my mom hung it back up on the wall next to the sun mirror again. The very next day... it fell off the wall and shattered... the nail was still in the wall. We took the sun mirror down after that too. It was creepy to say the least.

Bonus: A bit of a light hearted extra story. My mom reads tarot and works as a medium at times, so occasionally we'll have little wierdness spikes. I dont know if I should call them ghosts or what.

But one day I was opening my Tortillas, and they come with those little wire twist ties that you twist to close. I am the only one in the house that eats Tortillas for things that arent tacos... so I know it wasnt my mom. And it was only me and her there. Well that twisty tie... Someone tied it in a knot. Thank you Tortilla ghost... I still had lunch so jokes on you. =P
If I ping multiple times, it's because I'm a horrible typist and I'm Sorry
I once posted this before in another thread long ago, but it fits here too.

So, one night, I was trying to sleep. But I couldn't; sleep issues once again. It didn't help that I felt some kinda presence in the room. But nothing was there. Must be my imagination again. I shouldn't have read horror stories before bed.

After moving around on my bed to get into a more comfortable position, I could swear I heard a sound. A quiet, mechanical whirring noise. I held my breath, tried to listen closer, but then, it just stopped. In an attempt to convince myself nothing was there, I opened my eyes. Not much could be seen in this darkness. Yet it seemed like there was a shadow in the middle of the room, darker than the surrounding twilight. Eh, just my imagination, right? ...Right?

But eventually, I somehow managed to become a bit more chill. What's the use of jumping at shadows? Then suddenly, right as I was about to drift off to sleep, something dark lunged straight at my face.

I froze entirely in fear, trying to process what happend. The whirring was back, louder than before and something warm, soft pressed against my face.

...after that, I took that goofball of a purring cat, threw him out of my room and went back to sleep. And since that day I always check if he's in another room before I go to sleep.
I once posted this before in another thread long ago, but it fits here too.

So, one night, I was trying to sleep. But I couldn't; sleep issues once again. It didn't help that I felt some kinda presence in the room. But nothing was there. Must be my imagination again. I shouldn't have read horror stories before bed.

After moving around on my bed to get into a more comfortable position, I could swear I heard a sound. A quiet, mechanical whirring noise. I held my breath, tried to listen closer, but then, it just stopped. In an attempt to convince myself nothing was there, I opened my eyes. Not much could be seen in this darkness. Yet it seemed like there was a shadow in the middle of the room, darker than the surrounding twilight. Eh, just my imagination, right? ...Right?

But eventually, I somehow managed to become a bit more chill. What's the use of jumping at shadows? Then suddenly, right as I was about to drift off to sleep, something dark lunged straight at my face.

I froze entirely in fear, trying to process what happend. The whirring was back, louder than before and something warm, soft pressed against my face.

...after that, I took that goofball of a purring cat, threw him out of my room and went back to sleep. And since that day I always check if he's in another room before I go to sleep.
Opossum grunt and hiss a lot, and tend to be active around farms. The only problem with this idea, however, or even one that involves the supernatural, is that your cats did not react to it. My cats collect in bunches when they find something. Try to "feel" the area without bias, then make up your mind!

I got a bit carried away, so I wrote a lot. I put it in this Google Document so as to not spam the forum.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RFkOv1A-Yf85bf3UdiXkvQohLVqY9BDCRq_0zXeXyRg/edit
Opossum grunt and hiss a lot, and tend to be active around farms. The only problem with this idea, however, or even one that involves the supernatural, is that your cats did not react to it. My cats collect in bunches when they find something. Try to "feel" the area without bias, then make up your mind!

I got a bit carried away, so I wrote a lot. I put it in this Google Document so as to not spam the forum.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RFkOv1A-Yf85bf3UdiXkvQohLVqY9BDCRq_0zXeXyRg/edit
I lived in the honors dorm at my university for the first two years in undergrad. It's an old building that was used as an infirmary originally (which is why the rooms all had sinks in them which actually ended up being super convenient).

Lots of my friends had ghost stories where things would randomly fly off the shelves or they'd see shadows/hear noises at night. It also has an ancient cage elevator which is terrifying, and one of the basement hallways has a small trap door in the wall that opens to an empty dusty room with a single chair in the middle of it.

The dorm has such a reputation that there are ghost tours of the building every October! It's pretty great.
I lived in the honors dorm at my university for the first two years in undergrad. It's an old building that was used as an infirmary originally (which is why the rooms all had sinks in them which actually ended up being super convenient).

Lots of my friends had ghost stories where things would randomly fly off the shelves or they'd see shadows/hear noises at night. It also has an ancient cage elevator which is terrifying, and one of the basement hallways has a small trap door in the wall that opens to an empty dusty room with a single chair in the middle of it.

The dorm has such a reputation that there are ghost tours of the building every October! It's pretty great.
tumblr_nsl2ezQmvD1slad33o1_250.png
@DirtyGuts
I've got two short ones

The first one happened at school. It was during an orchestra rehearsal. I was bored and turned around to look out the window when I saw this strange giant mass of dark grey for a second. I don't know how to explain it, but it kinda looked like a person too. Then it disappeared. Right afterward I told my friends about it in lunch. A week later, my friend thought she saw the same thing at a corner in the lunch room.

The second one was at home. I was in the bathroom. I didn't close the door all the way (dont judge me i was home alone). Suddenly, through the small slit I saw a white thing pass by. Now, this could have been a car because depending on the time of the day when a car passes by light sorta travels across the wall. Except that I'm pretty sure it was cloudy that day. And the thing was literally just white.
@DirtyGuts
I've got two short ones

The first one happened at school. It was during an orchestra rehearsal. I was bored and turned around to look out the window when I saw this strange giant mass of dark grey for a second. I don't know how to explain it, but it kinda looked like a person too. Then it disappeared. Right afterward I told my friends about it in lunch. A week later, my friend thought she saw the same thing at a corner in the lunch room.

The second one was at home. I was in the bathroom. I didn't close the door all the way (dont judge me i was home alone). Suddenly, through the small slit I saw a white thing pass by. Now, this could have been a car because depending on the time of the day when a car passes by light sorta travels across the wall. Except that I'm pretty sure it was cloudy that day. And the thing was literally just white.
23845.pngx..x28176.pngx.x23846.png
this is not of the paranormal, but it has hints of paranormal in it.

I had an ex that wanted me back so badly. so he kept talking about a creature that reacted badly to things. like iron and black salt. But only the skitzo people could see it, feel it or even hear it. He kept going on and on how it was real and it cause the skitzo people to think it's real.

Little did he know the two skitzo people that could see it were close friends. the one that's more smarter with the paranormal ended up trapping the thing in a spell. only to find out that it's not real and it's just a projected image caused by this ex.

It was just the Ex's way of using my skitzo mind to make me depend on him more than what I have already done in the past. a trick on the brain.
this is not of the paranormal, but it has hints of paranormal in it.

I had an ex that wanted me back so badly. so he kept talking about a creature that reacted badly to things. like iron and black salt. But only the skitzo people could see it, feel it or even hear it. He kept going on and on how it was real and it cause the skitzo people to think it's real.

Little did he know the two skitzo people that could see it were close friends. the one that's more smarter with the paranormal ended up trapping the thing in a spell. only to find out that it's not real and it's just a projected image caused by this ex.

It was just the Ex's way of using my skitzo mind to make me depend on him more than what I have already done in the past. a trick on the brain.
V9l2dtF.png
Not really paranormal or anything like that, but I sometimes randomly turn my head right or left 90 degrees.

Also, there's a maned wolf who keeps visiting me in my dreams (Yet I've never seen one until I did some research) but that's not really related to this thread.
Not really paranormal or anything like that, but I sometimes randomly turn my head right or left 90 degrees.

Also, there's a maned wolf who keeps visiting me in my dreams (Yet I've never seen one until I did some research) but that's not really related to this thread.
Altered version of the 'Fancy Rat' item, edited to have a more blue colour scheme, grey/white husky colouring, and a pair of blue-tipped black crow wings + matching tail feathers. crow, they/them, fr+8
Pixel badges: Rat OwnerFallen London fandom
Rain World fandomGoth

current icon
1 2 3