Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Layer accents over apparel option?
1 2 3
There are a lot of accents that don't really work or look anything like 'body paint' or whatever the description for them is. Support, as some details get lost behind apparel.
There are a lot of accents that don't really work or look anything like 'body paint' or whatever the description for them is. Support, as some details get lost behind apparel.
Nq0eoGi.png
Support.

Just because it was designed to be like body paint doesn't mean it has to stay like that. Especially counting the number of 'apparel-like' accents out there, or 'wisp-like' types. If staff want to stress the point of them being body paints then they shouldn't let those types of accents be printed in the first place. Since it's more a description how an item is 'used' in-game, rather than an real site canon, I support that it should have the potential to 'upgrade' into one that can be better utilized feature.

We can still keep the one accent/skin per dragon limit, just let us layer them better with apparels.
Support.

Just because it was designed to be like body paint doesn't mean it has to stay like that. Especially counting the number of 'apparel-like' accents out there, or 'wisp-like' types. If staff want to stress the point of them being body paints then they shouldn't let those types of accents be printed in the first place. Since it's more a description how an item is 'used' in-game, rather than an real site canon, I support that it should have the potential to 'upgrade' into one that can be better utilized feature.

We can still keep the one accent/skin per dragon limit, just let us layer them better with apparels.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
^
^
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
[quote name="Almedha" date=2017-09-07 14:25:25] This would be ideal. Whatever the original intention of skins/accents was (even if it was supposed to be like "bodypaint" or something in the beginning) the users have evolved the idea beyond that. I think that skin slots should be treated just like a piece of apparel, but in a slot that perhaps is a different color in order to differentiate it as being a non-apparel slot. And if ever in the future the staff decides to allow multiple accents/skins on a dragon, they would be easy to layer there as well. [/quote] [color=green]^^^ good ideas Support!
Almedha wrote on 2017-09-07:
This would be ideal.

Whatever the original intention of skins/accents was (even if it was supposed to be like "bodypaint" or something in the beginning) the users have evolved the idea beyond that.

I think that skin slots should be treated just like a piece of apparel, but in a slot that perhaps is a different color in order to differentiate it as being a non-apparel slot. And if ever in the future the staff decides to allow multiple accents/skins on a dragon, they would be easy to layer there as well.

^^^ good ideas

Support!
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
support! especially UM accents like the OP's example. maybe not skins though? bc that covers most of the dragon's body...
support! especially UM accents like the OP's example. maybe not skins though? bc that covers most of the dragon's body...
0BzehVy.png
[quote name="@tybaltcatulet" date=2017-09-08 11:58:48] support! especially UM accents like the OP's example. maybe not skins though? bc that covers most of the dragon's body... [/quote] Yeah, I mean they could probably give it as an option but it would seem a bit silly! XD
@tybaltcatulet wrote on 2017-09-08:
Yeah, I mean they could probably give it as an option but it would seem a bit silly! XD
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
[quote name="Almedha" date=2017-09-07 14:25:25] I think that skin slots should be treated just like a piece of apparel, but in a slot that perhaps is a different color in order to differentiate it as being a non-apparel slot. And if ever in the future the staff decides to allow multiple accents/skins on a dragon, they would be easy to layer there as well. [/quote] this seems like a good idea to me, however, it would most likely mean merging the skin/accent and apparel application pages, which could be problematic. The apparel page is crowded enough already, I'm not sure how you would go about this. But its still a really nice idea, especially if combined with the multiple accent slots idea.
I think that skin slots should be treated just like a piece of apparel, but in a slot that perhaps is a different color in order to differentiate it as being a non-apparel slot. And if ever in the future the staff decides to allow multiple accents/skins on a dragon, they would be easy to layer there as well.
this seems like a good idea to me, however, it would most likely mean merging the skin/accent and apparel application pages, which could be problematic. The apparel page is crowded enough already, I'm not sure how you would go about this.

But its still a really nice idea, especially if combined with the multiple accent slots idea.
Bringing this back because there are a lot of accents that don't really work under apparel. Here are some examples I found:

Bringing this back because there are a lot of accents that don't really work under apparel. Here are some examples I found:

tumblr_orcadwuP3v1s191fao1_540.png
[quote name="Denim" date="2017-09-08 13:42:50" ] [quote name="Almedha" date=2017-09-07 14:25:25] I think that skin slots should be treated just like a piece of apparel, but in a slot that perhaps is a different color in order to differentiate it as being a non-apparel slot. And if ever in the future the staff decides to allow multiple accents/skins on a dragon, they would be easy to layer there as well. [/quote] this seems like a good idea to me, however, it would most likely mean merging the skin/accent and apparel application pages, which could be problematic. The apparel page is crowded enough already, I'm not sure how you would go about this. But its still a really nice idea, especially if combined with the multiple accent slots idea. [/quote] They could still leave the apparel page as it is, with a slotholder for accent/skin in the layer queue to move around. You'll still need to select which accent to use in the accent tab so no extra items need to load on the apparel window (yes it's already too crowded). Or, better yet, if they finally got to paginating the apparel selection window (so it doesn't try to load a million pieces of apparel each time), they can easily merge skin/accent tab into that on a separate page, without clogging up anything.
Denim wrote on 2017-09-08 13:42:50:
this seems like a good idea to me, however, it would most likely mean merging the skin/accent and apparel application pages, which could be problematic. The apparel page is crowded enough already, I'm not sure how you would go about this.

But its still a really nice idea, especially if combined with the multiple accent slots idea.

They could still leave the apparel page as it is, with a slotholder for accent/skin in the layer queue to move around. You'll still need to select which accent to use in the accent tab so no extra items need to load on the apparel window (yes it's already too crowded).

Or, better yet, if they finally got to paginating the apparel selection window (so it doesn't try to load a million pieces of apparel each time), they can easily merge skin/accent tab into that on a separate page, without clogging up anything.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
support!

By my guess they just went with the "like a coat of paint" description because that's the easiest way they could think of to describe them, not because they intended them to just be actual paint.

Besides, think of all the new design possibilities!
support!

By my guess they just went with the "like a coat of paint" description because that's the easiest way they could think of to describe them, not because they intended them to just be actual paint.

Besides, think of all the new design possibilities!
1 2 3