Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Gala is here and so is lagging
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
This is one of the reasons why we are waiting until we push the site optimizations from development to live before opening another window. We are aware that festival events drag down site performance, negatively impacting your play experience.

Our goal is to ultimately have open registration, not windows, and that means addressing this very issue. Our sincerest apologies and thank you for your continued patience and understanding. ♥
This is one of the reasons why we are waiting until we push the site optimizations from development to live before opening another window. We are aware that festival events drag down site performance, negatively impacting your play experience.

Our goal is to ultimately have open registration, not windows, and that means addressing this very issue. Our sincerest apologies and thank you for your continued patience and understanding. ♥
On the plus side the coli isn't freezing as often since the reboot (it is still freezing up though) but on the negative side favours are no longer dropping since the reboot :(
On the plus side the coli isn't freezing as often since the reboot (it is still freezing up though) but on the negative side favours are no longer dropping since the reboot :(
[quote name="Elizlareth" date="2014-01-26 11:32:32"]On the plus side the coli isn't freezing as often since the reboot (it is still freezing up though) but on the negative side favours are no longer dropping since the reboot :([/quote] @Elizlareth, we just checked the database and verified that they are still dropping. Keep killing Ice and Neutral* monsters, they'll show up. ♥ *edit: Neutral mobs do have a lower drop rate than enemies of the appropriate element.
Elizlareth wrote on 2014-01-26 11:32:32:

@Elizlareth, we just checked the database and verified that they are still dropping. Keep killing Ice and Neutral* monsters, they'll show up. ♥

*edit: Neutral mobs do have a lower drop rate than enemies of the appropriate element.
They are showing up, but they are harder to find. If anyone was thinking of grinding for a profit, you'd make a killing if the coli doesn't lag out for you.
They are showing up, but they are harder to find. If anyone was thinking of grinding for a profit, you'd make a killing if the coli doesn't lag out for you.
This is why it boggles my mind when people say the site has been improving steadily. From what I can tell people leaving the site or becoming inactive gives the illusion of better preformance untill a holiday or registration window opens and we see that the site really hasn't gotten any faster it's just been under a lighter load....
This is why it boggles my mind when people say the site has been improving steadily. From what I can tell people leaving the site or becoming inactive gives the illusion of better preformance untill a holiday or registration window opens and we see that the site really hasn't gotten any faster it's just been under a lighter load....
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
I had to clear my cache before they'd start dropping again and I'd been hitting a lot of ice enemies (crimson emperors) with no favours dropping but since clearing my cache they are dropping again
I had to clear my cache before they'd start dropping again and I'd been hitting a lot of ice enemies (crimson emperors) with no favours dropping but since clearing my cache they are dropping again
The coliseum was running poorly for me a couple of hours ago but it's okay now.

I have to say, however, that I would rather have new users and some lag (within reason) than a stagnating userbase with no lag. I remember what it was like looking over my friends' shoulders and not being able to play for months, until that window in October. And there hasn't been a window since.

The people who want to play but aren't registered can't post here, so their voices aren't heard. If I had missed the window in October, I think I would be about ready to give up by now.
The coliseum was running poorly for me a couple of hours ago but it's okay now.

I have to say, however, that I would rather have new users and some lag (within reason) than a stagnating userbase with no lag. I remember what it was like looking over my friends' shoulders and not being able to play for months, until that window in October. And there hasn't been a window since.

The people who want to play but aren't registered can't post here, so their voices aren't heard. If I had missed the window in October, I think I would be about ready to give up by now.
Is anyone else having problems accessing the "Organize party" tab of Coliseum? Coli has been working pretty steadily for me recently, but now that I'd love to re-organize my party (to train a new team I put together) I'm stuck staring at the load window. I'm just wondering if this is a global issue or something on my end.
Is anyone else having problems accessing the "Organize party" tab of Coliseum? Coli has been working pretty steadily for me recently, but now that I'd love to re-organize my party (to train a new team I put together) I'm stuck staring at the load window. I'm just wondering if this is a global issue or something on my end.
@Beastface

It's global, yep.
@Beastface

It's global, yep.
ccDyspX.png
@NinjaDancer: The November reg. window, you forgot about that one. (Unless I've forgotten something or my memory has blanked?)
@NinjaDancer: The November reg. window, you forgot about that one. (Unless I've forgotten something or my memory has blanked?)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7