Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Auction listings
I think we should be able to see what date an auction was listed. So, date listed: D/M/Y, FR Time. This is pretty crucial for anybody trying to watch the market. Right now, while it's helpful to know how much time is left, it's technically impossible to know how long the listing has been up unless it was listed for 7 days (and there is over 3 days left on it. I'm a little loopy right now so let me know if I'm wrong)

I thought about the alternative, which is a count-up timer, but that would just be... tacky, and it would have to keep refreshing which is not ideal.

anyway, it doesn't have to sit in the listings "box". it can be a tooltip off to the side or something
I think we should be able to see what date an auction was listed. So, date listed: D/M/Y, FR Time. This is pretty crucial for anybody trying to watch the market. Right now, while it's helpful to know how much time is left, it's technically impossible to know how long the listing has been up unless it was listed for 7 days (and there is over 3 days left on it. I'm a little loopy right now so let me know if I'm wrong)

I thought about the alternative, which is a count-up timer, but that would just be... tacky, and it would have to keep refreshing which is not ideal.

anyway, it doesn't have to sit in the listings "box". it can be a tooltip off to the side or something
The only problem I see with this is that it would require the server to remember and store data for thousands of auctions at once, constantly expiring and new ones being uploaded.

So 50/50 support, support for the idea, but no support because of the server implications of something like this.
The only problem I see with this is that it would require the server to remember and store data for thousands of auctions at once, constantly expiring and new ones being uploaded.

So 50/50 support, support for the idea, but no support because of the server implications of something like this.

Lore Shop - Wishlist - Clan Lore

rsz_lore.png
@LS299 I'm not sure about the implications for server load myself. Are you familiar with that kind of thing? Because I feel like its been done on similar sites, though I can't say for sure.
@LS299 I'm not sure about the implications for server load myself. Are you familiar with that kind of thing? Because I feel like its been done on similar sites, though I can't say for sure.
@goblet

While I am not completely familiar, I would argue that other sites may be larger or have a better ability to process and store all of that information.

It has been said how difficult it is already for FR to track dragon stats, sizes, etc, which is one reason why large family trees as a feature have sort of been refused.

Either way I'm not entire sure, but I would suggest a second opinion
@goblet

While I am not completely familiar, I would argue that other sites may be larger or have a better ability to process and store all of that information.

It has been said how difficult it is already for FR to track dragon stats, sizes, etc, which is one reason why large family trees as a feature have sort of been refused.

Either way I'm not entire sure, but I would suggest a second opinion

Lore Shop - Wishlist - Clan Lore

rsz_lore.png