Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ~The Academy ~ Closeing, see recent
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25 26
Umaara looked at the boy that Clover gestured to. "Hey, Tom. Nice to meet you. I'm Umaara." She looked at the cute Fae girl next to Tom. "So, what classes are you in this year?"
Umaara looked at the boy that Clover gestured to. "Hey, Tom. Nice to meet you. I'm Umaara." She looked at the cute Fae girl next to Tom. "So, what classes are you in this year?"
Wy0IOy1.png
"Far more classes than I should." She wasn't allowed to take math, science, dark magic or blood tracking, since it would taint her either with the mundane or with dark magic. It'd poison the trees, they said. Thousands of years of her ancestors born and bled beneath these roots and one weak Softstep who delved into darkness could murder a being so blessed and cherished they were nearly like grandparents to everyone of the clan, full of memory.

@sufferkat
"Far more classes than I should." She wasn't allowed to take math, science, dark magic or blood tracking, since it would taint her either with the mundane or with dark magic. It'd poison the trees, they said. Thousands of years of her ancestors born and bled beneath these roots and one weak Softstep who delved into darkness could murder a being so blessed and cherished they were nearly like grandparents to everyone of the clan, full of memory.

@sufferkat
@ocenandebo
"Yeah, you sure are large enough to count as two piles of garbage, maybe I should call the janitor to pick you up!" My tail lashes as I snarl at her, This chick thinks she's all that, well she's going to get quite the wake-up call! "Don't worry, I got this. Besides, I'm bigger and more than likely better in a fight."I whisper to the fae. I chuckle a bit, while still glaring at the elf.
@ocenandebo
"Yeah, you sure are large enough to count as two piles of garbage, maybe I should call the janitor to pick you up!" My tail lashes as I snarl at her, This chick thinks she's all that, well she's going to get quite the wake-up call! "Don't worry, I got this. Besides, I'm bigger and more than likely better in a fight."I whisper to the fae. I chuckle a bit, while still glaring at the elf.
Name: Freya Age: 14 Species: Centaur(has the body of a deer with a human torso) Gender: Female Drawing-Winner or Paid Admission?: Drawing winner Appearance: [img]https://img06.deviantart.net/a6e9/i/2016/326/f/8/__centaur_deer___by_noah_margera-dap95sc.png[/img] (image is not mine, using it as a base/inspiration/faceclaim of sorts for my character). Freya has long chestnut-brown hair that fades to pale green at the end. Entangled in it are several flowery vines, coming from the crown on her head. Two tawny antlers poke from her head. They are entangled in a variety of earth-shaded beads. She has many of the same jewellery draped around her human body. Her deer body is the same brown as her hair, speckled here and there with a few white dots(as she's not fully grown yet). Her tail, when lifted, flashes white. Personality: Freya is very protective of nature. She loves plants and forest creatures more than she does humans and other humanoids. She knows her ways with a spear and bow, and is better at using light, long-range weapons as she is not very physically strong. She is also rather creative, and loves sculpting with beads. She has a small attention span and is very curious. She can get heated up pretty quickly, but can also calm down quickly. Powers: Can grow plants, but is still perfecting the power Weapons: Enchanted spear, will sprout plants when it hits something Strengths: Protective, creative, curious, swift, agile Flaws: Not physically strong, low attention span, quick to anger, skittish Classes: Species studies, Curses and Spells, Shapeshifting and Illusions, Science, Reading, History, Potions Dorm: Spindelle
Name: Freya
Species: Centaur(has the body of a deer with a human torso)
Drawing-Winner or Paid Admission?: Drawing winner
Appearance: __centaur_deer___by_noah_margera-dap95sc.png (image is not mine, using it as a base/inspiration/faceclaim of sorts for my character). Freya has long chestnut-brown hair that fades to pale green at the end. Entangled in it are several flowery vines, coming from the crown on her head. Two tawny antlers poke from her head. They are entangled in a variety of earth-shaded beads. She has many of the same jewellery draped around her human body. Her deer body is the same brown as her hair, speckled here and there with a few white dots(as she's not fully grown yet). Her tail, when lifted, flashes white.
Personality: Freya is very protective of nature. She loves plants and forest creatures more than she does humans and other humanoids. She knows her ways with a spear and bow, and is better at using light, long-range weapons as she is not very physically strong. She is also rather creative, and loves sculpting with beads. She has a small attention span and is very curious. She can get heated up pretty quickly, but can also calm down quickly.
Powers: Can grow plants, but is still perfecting the power
Weapons: Enchanted spear, will sprout plants when it hits something
Strengths: Protective, creative, curious, swift, agile
Flaws: Not physically strong, low attention span, quick to anger, skittish
Classes: Species studies, Curses and Spells, Shapeshifting and Illusions, Science, Reading, History, Potions
Dorm: Spindelle
ice_demiboybling_by_cicide76536-dcn9o5e.gifp7h5Nyu.pngarcane_demigirlbling_by_cicide76536-dcn9nzp.gif
@Thumper @sufferkat (Ah, sorry! I didn't see that you had her walk up to them! I was used to people doing interaction pings! D:))

Tom gave a friendly smile to the girl as Lo introduced him. "Hello. It's nice to meet you, Umaara." He replied politely. Although, politeness seemed to be lost on the girl as she seemed to just completely ignore that he was there and focus on Lo. It certainly was rude, especially when he'd already been talking to Lo. But he'd been enjoying the conversation quite a bit, so he didn't exactly want to just give up and accept being ignored. "So, Umaara, you new here this year? Or just have a different dorm?" She had been lost so, it had to be one of those two things. "Lo mentioned earlier that she thought it seemed like we had a larger class this year."
@Thumper @sufferkat (Ah, sorry! I didn't see that you had her walk up to them! I was used to people doing interaction pings! D:))

Tom gave a friendly smile to the girl as Lo introduced him. "Hello. It's nice to meet you, Umaara." He replied politely. Although, politeness seemed to be lost on the girl as she seemed to just completely ignore that he was there and focus on Lo. It certainly was rude, especially when he'd already been talking to Lo. But he'd been enjoying the conversation quite a bit, so he didn't exactly want to just give up and accept being ignored. "So, Umaara, you new here this year? Or just have a different dorm?" She had been lost so, it had to be one of those two things. "Lo mentioned earlier that she thought it seemed like we had a larger class this year."
fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
Umaara caught herself. Why was she being so rude? Ugh, this is what happened at her last school. She was NOT about to make that mistake again. No way. She turned to Tom. Maybe he could end up being her friend... "I'm new here this year. I moved from...ah, not important." She scratched the back of her head awkwardly. "Our class does seem really big..."

(( D: sorry @AbyssRanger, I'm used to just subbing to threads))
Umaara caught herself. Why was she being so rude? Ugh, this is what happened at her last school. She was NOT about to make that mistake again. No way. She turned to Tom. Maybe he could end up being her friend... "I'm new here this year. I moved from...ah, not important." She scratched the back of her head awkwardly. "Our class does seem really big..."

(( D: sorry @AbyssRanger, I'm used to just subbing to threads))
Wy0IOy1.png
Clover pondered why that would be the case, that a class would have such an influx of a very wide range of new students, and this one apparently having moved there. "Oh! Right! They had that...that drawing thing for this year." She exclaimed, remembering hearing her parents complaining about it, namely her father. "But that means you'll be in good company with the first years, and they'll have plenty of help to get you guys settled and comfortable here. I didn't have that so much three years ago." Granted, she mostly avoided everyone three years ago. Being raised with such severe paranoia didn't make her the most gregarious person.

@sufferkat @AbyssRanger
Clover pondered why that would be the case, that a class would have such an influx of a very wide range of new students, and this one apparently having moved there. "Oh! Right! They had that...that drawing thing for this year." She exclaimed, remembering hearing her parents complaining about it, namely her father. "But that means you'll be in good company with the first years, and they'll have plenty of help to get you guys settled and comfortable here. I didn't have that so much three years ago." Granted, she mostly avoided everyone three years ago. Being raised with such severe paranoia didn't make her the most gregarious person.

@sufferkat @AbyssRanger
@Thumper @sufferkat (No worries! I just don't sub to fast moving threads because there ends up being a lot to sift through lol))

"Well, welcome to the school, then. It's easy to get lost here, but I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out soon enough. Or get lost again and meet a bunch of new people. That could be good too, if you were looking to make friends here." Tom chuckled a bit. His gaze shifted to Lo as she mentioned that it was probably the drawing that had raised the class size so much. "Oh, yeah. That would make sense." Now he remembered the drawing. It was something the school was doing this year to allow people in for free. There was probably some announcement that he'd been reading during that had explained more about it. Plus, he wasn't really the type to need the money exactly. His parents were well off enough to pay for the fees. He noticed how Lo mentioned how she didn't have help getting settled in three years ago. Had her first years been particularly rough? But he held his tongue this time, as it was not his place to pry. "So, besides getting lost, how are you liking the school so far?" Tom asked Umaara.
@Thumper @sufferkat (No worries! I just don't sub to fast moving threads because there ends up being a lot to sift through lol))

"Well, welcome to the school, then. It's easy to get lost here, but I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out soon enough. Or get lost again and meet a bunch of new people. That could be good too, if you were looking to make friends here." Tom chuckled a bit. His gaze shifted to Lo as she mentioned that it was probably the drawing that had raised the class size so much. "Oh, yeah. That would make sense." Now he remembered the drawing. It was something the school was doing this year to allow people in for free. There was probably some announcement that he'd been reading during that had explained more about it. Plus, he wasn't really the type to need the money exactly. His parents were well off enough to pay for the fees. He noticed how Lo mentioned how she didn't have help getting settled in three years ago. Had her first years been particularly rough? But he held his tongue this time, as it was not his place to pry. "So, besides getting lost, how are you liking the school so far?" Tom asked Umaara.
fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
Crow listened to Crystal the entire time she was speaking, not interrupting her once. He did note something she said about her not acting angel-like. His sister didn't act that way either; in fact, he was pretty sure she would get sick of the happy nature of the Radiance Dorm, given enough time. He also mentally recorded what she said about having the offensive and defensive strength of a demon such as himself. He had the defense part down, when he uses his shields, but the offensive part... Crow tried to keep himself from shuddering just thinking about his offensive strength.

He found himself sympathizing with Crystal the moment she mentioned getting into fights with people just because her species was unknown. He might not have been discriminated against in the past for the same reason, but he still knew what it was like. Just him being a demon was enough to warrant being knocked to the ground and kicked while he was down. Dove was also treated this way, but more or less because of him. By the end, he could see sadness crossing her face, which made him feel sad as well.

After a few more seconds, he slowly smiled and comfortingly placed a hand on her shoulder. "You might not believe me when I say this, but I know how it feels to be discriminated against... not for being unknown, but for being too well known," he replied with sympathy in his voice. "I personally don't judge people by their species. This year will be different. If anyone gives you trouble, I'll help you deal with it if you need me. I can't stand people who judge books by their covers... I like to understand them, get to know them. I'll always be willing to help you with whatever you need and listen to whatever you have to say... because that's what friends are for, right?"

((@Crystal13 Thanks! I don't mind that at all, I've done it before, it's perfectly acceptable ^^ And I'll make sure to try and put them in interesting situations whenever I can ^^))
Crow listened to Crystal the entire time she was speaking, not interrupting her once. He did note something she said about her not acting angel-like. His sister didn't act that way either; in fact, he was pretty sure she would get sick of the happy nature of the Radiance Dorm, given enough time. He also mentally recorded what she said about having the offensive and defensive strength of a demon such as himself. He had the defense part down, when he uses his shields, but the offensive part... Crow tried to keep himself from shuddering just thinking about his offensive strength.

He found himself sympathizing with Crystal the moment she mentioned getting into fights with people just because her species was unknown. He might not have been discriminated against in the past for the same reason, but he still knew what it was like. Just him being a demon was enough to warrant being knocked to the ground and kicked while he was down. Dove was also treated this way, but more or less because of him. By the end, he could see sadness crossing her face, which made him feel sad as well.

After a few more seconds, he slowly smiled and comfortingly placed a hand on her shoulder. "You might not believe me when I say this, but I know how it feels to be discriminated against... not for being unknown, but for being too well known," he replied with sympathy in his voice. "I personally don't judge people by their species. This year will be different. If anyone gives you trouble, I'll help you deal with it if you need me. I can't stand people who judge books by their covers... I like to understand them, get to know them. I'll always be willing to help you with whatever you need and listen to whatever you have to say... because that's what friends are for, right?"

((@Crystal13 Thanks! I don't mind that at all, I've done it before, it's perfectly acceptable ^^ And I'll make sure to try and put them in interesting situations whenever I can ^^))
xk7ymDQ.png
@Arctotherium

"Fine, whatever! Have your stupid spot back!" She snapped, scooting back to make room. The elf muttered something under her breath, and gave another hair toss.

Saki glanced up, and rolled her eyes. "What a brat." the fae muttered, her wings buzzing again as she looked up towards the person holding her again. "Thanks!"

@Arctotherium

"Fine, whatever! Have your stupid spot back!" She snapped, scooting back to make room. The elf muttered something under her breath, and gave another hair toss.

Saki glanced up, and rolled her eyes. "What a brat." the fae muttered, her wings buzzing again as she looked up towards the person holding her again. "Thanks!"

not super active :(

he/they/xey
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25 26