Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Poetry IV - A Sonnet!
Alright guys, now for more wholesome Fervian lingual arts. If you're wondering why I didn't post yesterday, I had a lot of science work to do. But today, I made up for it with a very difficult, high-level piece - a full-fledged sonnet in Fervian. Awkward speech patterns, prefixes, and suffixes make it very hard to exact out syllables in Fervian, much less rhyme them, but I managed a genuine Shakesperean sonnet in Fervian and I am very proud of it.

A’orole Nei-ein’Mithita, anau L’e-er
Nei-ulili zura a’dag-keia
Waa sus’inki delae-keia a’dag.
Mithita, re, qwan’nia nei-geia,
Dai-an a’imu-iarra quon y’dag.
Piri eti iru jaoo Nei-Naiwe
Vua’piri nei-dai-wo iyeh a’tra
Kai’nia, dag dai-wo gau zaraun’e
Nei’zaraun’e n’lal dai-wo j’na.
Re, nei-ulili n’lal delae inki
Doan qwe’kai’unn, doan dag ba’a’rarei,
A’orole y’kai’al’ue xaki
A’rua xaki-iaraa aha’arei.
A’eiyan y’a’v’leila au’tuk
Anuu a’v’leila aharu ouk.

~Translation to English
"A Season Without My Dearest, written by L'e-er
Nothing exists that I would
Keep if you would return to me.
My dearest, oh, that love not minor,
Was the largest part of me.
Time may pass until (the) Unflight
But time will not stop the truth
My love, I will not prove
No proof can be said.
Oh, nothing can return you
Here into my arms, where I need,
And the years of my misery number
Almost the greatest amount acceptable.
The dusk of a life nears
Before a soul should depart.”

Poignant, is it not? LORE TIME!
L'e-er is a bit of an outcast. Fervian society values strength and personal respect, and L'e-er has been known to have neither. His muscles are slack, he is getting old, and he isn't as social as your average busy-bee Fervite. Locked away in his personal burrow, he only leaves to recite his work for the High Matriarch, queen of the sif (which means house, btw). He used to be kind and mellow, and loved all of his brethren. He was the lucky mate of an exceedingly rare Fervite dragoness (that 95% male to 5% female birth rate is an obstacle in finding love), but after a horrid incident with illness, his mate died early. It was seen as an ill omen, and perhaps L'e-er's fault, and he was marked as an outcast.

@SariStar
@Kandy
@Collector
@Sysmic
@WindChimes
@ScaleShadows
Alright guys, now for more wholesome Fervian lingual arts. If you're wondering why I didn't post yesterday, I had a lot of science work to do. But today, I made up for it with a very difficult, high-level piece - a full-fledged sonnet in Fervian. Awkward speech patterns, prefixes, and suffixes make it very hard to exact out syllables in Fervian, much less rhyme them, but I managed a genuine Shakesperean sonnet in Fervian and I am very proud of it.

A’orole Nei-ein’Mithita, anau L’e-er
Nei-ulili zura a’dag-keia
Waa sus’inki delae-keia a’dag.
Mithita, re, qwan’nia nei-geia,
Dai-an a’imu-iarra quon y’dag.
Piri eti iru jaoo Nei-Naiwe
Vua’piri nei-dai-wo iyeh a’tra
Kai’nia, dag dai-wo gau zaraun’e
Nei’zaraun’e n’lal dai-wo j’na.
Re, nei-ulili n’lal delae inki
Doan qwe’kai’unn, doan dag ba’a’rarei,
A’orole y’kai’al’ue xaki
A’rua xaki-iaraa aha’arei.
A’eiyan y’a’v’leila au’tuk
Anuu a’v’leila aharu ouk.

~Translation to English
"A Season Without My Dearest, written by L'e-er
Nothing exists that I would
Keep if you would return to me.
My dearest, oh, that love not minor,
Was the largest part of me.
Time may pass until (the) Unflight
But time will not stop the truth
My love, I will not prove
No proof can be said.
Oh, nothing can return you
Here into my arms, where I need,
And the years of my misery number
Almost the greatest amount acceptable.
The dusk of a life nears
Before a soul should depart.”

Poignant, is it not? LORE TIME!
L'e-er is a bit of an outcast. Fervian society values strength and personal respect, and L'e-er has been known to have neither. His muscles are slack, he is getting old, and he isn't as social as your average busy-bee Fervite. Locked away in his personal burrow, he only leaves to recite his work for the High Matriarch, queen of the sif (which means house, btw). He used to be kind and mellow, and loved all of his brethren. He was the lucky mate of an exceedingly rare Fervite dragoness (that 95% male to 5% female birth rate is an obstacle in finding love), but after a horrid incident with illness, his mate died early. It was seen as an ill omen, and perhaps L'e-er's fault, and he was marked as an outcast.

@SariStar
@Kandy
@Collector
@Sysmic
@WindChimes
@ScaleShadows
Join the Fanta Fanclub!
Ooh, that lore sounds interesting!
Ooh, that lore sounds interesting!
PQznZys.png
Yes! And, notable to add, The Unflight (Nei-Naiwe) is the Fervite "apocalypse" in which the rocks of every mountain shall fall flat, the earth will become a flat plane, and there will be no mountains to live in. It's quite the misnomer, too - they believe that when The Unflight comes, they'll all fly away into the sky and become the stars, where they will stay, and never fly again.
Yes! And, notable to add, The Unflight (Nei-Naiwe) is the Fervite "apocalypse" in which the rocks of every mountain shall fall flat, the earth will become a flat plane, and there will be no mountains to live in. It's quite the misnomer, too - they believe that when The Unflight comes, they'll all fly away into the sky and become the stars, where they will stay, and never fly again.
Join the Fanta Fanclub!
I agree with SariStar!

It is a great poem and the lore is interesting. Poor L'e-re, though.
I agree with SariStar!

It is a great poem and the lore is interesting. Poor L'e-re, though.
thW0yem.png
this is so good??? I can't imagine how hard it must have been to get all the little syllables right but it matches up with iambic pentameter so WELL idk how you did it
this is so good??? I can't imagine how hard it must have been to get all the little syllables right but it matches up with iambic pentameter so WELL idk how you did it
@Kandy Well, it definitely wasn't simple. ^^;
@Kandy Well, it definitely wasn't simple. ^^;
Join the Fanta Fanclub!