Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Fervian works- A Folktale
Alright, now I've posted three poems in Fervian, and decided I'd bring out something a little heftier than a poem or two. Here we have, in Fervian and English, an entire Fervian folktale. This folktake tells the story of why water puts out fires, and why fire can evaporate water. It also tells of why thunder and lightning strike, and why only thunder and rain are in the air, and only fire is on the land.

A’ye’ela y’Temo, Iinira, Kratau, ein’Aleli
The Tale of Flame, Sky, Thunder, and Rain
Orole-ar-an, Temo ein’Iinira dai-an a’hakar-iaraa y’gra’a. Temo oko’a-an Iinira di’irri bi’marre, viarre-oha a’aierka-ar ein’durereh-oha. Aleli neil’ranir Temo, ein’Temo nei’unai-an Aleli qwan’nei-ulili ri’zin’ak-ce dai-wo aye-aye. Kiar’Kratau, a’ue-for, dai-an furus y’kai’noande-ar qiarra. Cearu ve’ker-an qwan’zikai Temo, ein’jeia Iinira qwan’kai’cearu. Kratau aerneta a’qiarra y’marre ein’areir-ce.
“TEMO, DAG KE’KERAH INKI QWAN’A’KANDU!”
Iinira dai-an waraaka-an, zuru’a Kratau dai-an ti’tire-for qiarra ein’nei-dai-an owala la’ra’i. Oroki, Kratau dai-an xakar-for ein’guhara, ein’ceara waa-an a’mutaa-kah.
Cearu moaarrei narah, “TEMO, ONA’HA DOAN EIN’KANDA DAG!”
Temo nei-piri seker’e-an aya’a’ke’kerah ein’pa’tarah-an qwe’kandu. Cearu y’akah-ar fur’Kratau, v’lati-oha a’kandu dai-vi eiyan au’tuk. Qwe’a’waraaka, Kratau pirua-an Aleli fur’Temo ein’Aleli lu’tara-an hurus-oha qwe’a’aierka. Aleli y’akah-ar delae-an fur’Temo, zeresi-oha cearu mahara-for y’akah-ar cearu. Eriu Aleli-ce y’akah qualu-an Temo, Temo lu’tara-an hurus-oha-keia. Temo-ce bita dai-an a’lani. Cearu dai-an ce’etir-an qwan’seker’e qwan’a’rei’ere, muhunde aya’gra’a-ce Iinira. Eriu Temo seker’e-an aya’a’ehaal ein’qwan’a’rei’ere, Kratau durereh-an ein’Aleli duhaar-an ein’adanu. Iinira dai-an a’ue, vua’dia’nii nei-n’lal unai ulili. (Sky was sad, but she could do nothing.) Ein’oroki, Temo derei-wo ceter a’rei’ere ein’nei-narah a’ehaal, ein’eriu Kratau durereh-wo ein’Aleli duhaar-wo ein’adanu, Temo ze’ehe-wo cearu-lirtu j’lou a’arunaa ein’a’ue zuru’a cearu nei-riene gra’a-ce Iinara.

~Translation to English
"Long ago, Flame and Sky were the closest of friends. Flame chased Sky in circles every morning, stirring the clouds and laughing. Rain never harmed Flame, and Flame never made Rain disappear like he does now-a-days. Thunder, however, was jealous of their happiness. He sought to destroy Flame, and take Sky for himself. Thunder broke the peace of morning with his voice.
“FLAME, I CHALLENGE YOU TO A FIGHT!”
Sky was shocked, because Thunder was usually calm and never made trouble. Now, Thunder was crafty and smart, and he had a plan.
He called again, “FLAME, COME HERE AND FIGHT ME!”
Flame never backed down from a fight and charged into battle. He lashed out at Thunder, hoping the fight would end soon. In a shocking twist, Thunder threw Rain at Flame and Rain began disappearing into the clouds. Rain struck back at Flame, thinking he intentionally struck him. When Rain’s strike touched Fire, Fire began disappearing too. Flame’s pain was intense. He was forced to retreat to the earth, far from his friend Sky.
As Flame retreated from the above-land and to the ground, Thunder laughed and Rain crashed down with anger. Sky was sad, but she could do nothing. And now, Flame stays upon the earth and never the above-land, and when Thunder laughs and Rain crashes down with anger, Flame hides himself under the stones with sorrow because he can’t see his friend Sky."

This took about two hours... it wasn't quite simple!
Will be editing to ping the few people on my other posts who liked my poetry.
@VolcanicBaguette @Kandy @SariStar @Collector
Alright, now I've posted three poems in Fervian, and decided I'd bring out something a little heftier than a poem or two. Here we have, in Fervian and English, an entire Fervian folktale. This folktake tells the story of why water puts out fires, and why fire can evaporate water. It also tells of why thunder and lightning strike, and why only thunder and rain are in the air, and only fire is on the land.

A’ye’ela y’Temo, Iinira, Kratau, ein’Aleli
The Tale of Flame, Sky, Thunder, and Rain
Orole-ar-an, Temo ein’Iinira dai-an a’hakar-iaraa y’gra’a. Temo oko’a-an Iinira di’irri bi’marre, viarre-oha a’aierka-ar ein’durereh-oha. Aleli neil’ranir Temo, ein’Temo nei’unai-an Aleli qwan’nei-ulili ri’zin’ak-ce dai-wo aye-aye. Kiar’Kratau, a’ue-for, dai-an furus y’kai’noande-ar qiarra. Cearu ve’ker-an qwan’zikai Temo, ein’jeia Iinira qwan’kai’cearu. Kratau aerneta a’qiarra y’marre ein’areir-ce.
“TEMO, DAG KE’KERAH INKI QWAN’A’KANDU!”
Iinira dai-an waraaka-an, zuru’a Kratau dai-an ti’tire-for qiarra ein’nei-dai-an owala la’ra’i. Oroki, Kratau dai-an xakar-for ein’guhara, ein’ceara waa-an a’mutaa-kah.
Cearu moaarrei narah, “TEMO, ONA’HA DOAN EIN’KANDA DAG!”
Temo nei-piri seker’e-an aya’a’ke’kerah ein’pa’tarah-an qwe’kandu. Cearu y’akah-ar fur’Kratau, v’lati-oha a’kandu dai-vi eiyan au’tuk. Qwe’a’waraaka, Kratau pirua-an Aleli fur’Temo ein’Aleli lu’tara-an hurus-oha qwe’a’aierka. Aleli y’akah-ar delae-an fur’Temo, zeresi-oha cearu mahara-for y’akah-ar cearu. Eriu Aleli-ce y’akah qualu-an Temo, Temo lu’tara-an hurus-oha-keia. Temo-ce bita dai-an a’lani. Cearu dai-an ce’etir-an qwan’seker’e qwan’a’rei’ere, muhunde aya’gra’a-ce Iinira. Eriu Temo seker’e-an aya’a’ehaal ein’qwan’a’rei’ere, Kratau durereh-an ein’Aleli duhaar-an ein’adanu. Iinira dai-an a’ue, vua’dia’nii nei-n’lal unai ulili. (Sky was sad, but she could do nothing.) Ein’oroki, Temo derei-wo ceter a’rei’ere ein’nei-narah a’ehaal, ein’eriu Kratau durereh-wo ein’Aleli duhaar-wo ein’adanu, Temo ze’ehe-wo cearu-lirtu j’lou a’arunaa ein’a’ue zuru’a cearu nei-riene gra’a-ce Iinara.

~Translation to English
"Long ago, Flame and Sky were the closest of friends. Flame chased Sky in circles every morning, stirring the clouds and laughing. Rain never harmed Flame, and Flame never made Rain disappear like he does now-a-days. Thunder, however, was jealous of their happiness. He sought to destroy Flame, and take Sky for himself. Thunder broke the peace of morning with his voice.
“FLAME, I CHALLENGE YOU TO A FIGHT!”
Sky was shocked, because Thunder was usually calm and never made trouble. Now, Thunder was crafty and smart, and he had a plan.
He called again, “FLAME, COME HERE AND FIGHT ME!”
Flame never backed down from a fight and charged into battle. He lashed out at Thunder, hoping the fight would end soon. In a shocking twist, Thunder threw Rain at Flame and Rain began disappearing into the clouds. Rain struck back at Flame, thinking he intentionally struck him. When Rain’s strike touched Fire, Fire began disappearing too. Flame’s pain was intense. He was forced to retreat to the earth, far from his friend Sky.
As Flame retreated from the above-land and to the ground, Thunder laughed and Rain crashed down with anger. Sky was sad, but she could do nothing. And now, Flame stays upon the earth and never the above-land, and when Thunder laughs and Rain crashes down with anger, Flame hides himself under the stones with sorrow because he can’t see his friend Sky."

This took about two hours... it wasn't quite simple!
Will be editing to ping the few people on my other posts who liked my poetry.
@VolcanicBaguette @Kandy @SariStar @Collector
Join the Fanta Fanclub!
Ooh, I like it!
Ooh, I like it!
PQznZys.png
@Syrtassia Beautiful story and a crafty way to explain volcanoes. I can imagine an old coatl or snapper telling this to young hatchlings around a fireplace.
@Syrtassia Beautiful story and a crafty way to explain volcanoes. I can imagine an old coatl or snapper telling this to young hatchlings around a fireplace.
Y1Z8zn6.pngSDMVm6k.png9gyY1jx.png
I do try my best. <3 How would you guys like to be added to a ping list for when I make more written arts in Fervian?
@Collector @SariStar
I do try my best. <3 How would you guys like to be added to a ping list for when I make more written arts in Fervian?
@Collector @SariStar
Join the Fanta Fanclub!
@Syrtassia

I would love to be added to your pinglist!
@Syrtassia

I would love to be added to your pinglist!
PQznZys.png
@Syrtassia

ahhhh it's beautiful! can you add me to that ping list too? i need more tales to tell my hatchlings at night!
@Syrtassia

ahhhh it's beautiful! can you add me to that ping list too? i need more tales to tell my hatchlings at night!
@Kandy Can do! Would be glad to. If you poke around in Creative Corner you'll find my other two poems: One about the Earthshaker, and one that's just a poem for the sake of poetry.
@Kandy Can do! Would be glad to. If you poke around in Creative Corner you'll find my other two poems: One about the Earthshaker, and one that's just a poem for the sake of poetry.
Join the Fanta Fanclub!
@Syrtassia Please add me to the pinglist, I'd love to hear more poetry and stories.
@Syrtassia Please add me to the pinglist, I'd love to hear more poetry and stories.
Y1Z8zn6.pngSDMVm6k.png9gyY1jx.png
@Collector Absolutely! That's 3 people now. <3
@Collector Absolutely! That's 3 people now. <3
Join the Fanta Fanclub!
@Syrtassia
:0 That's a really cool story! I would totally see it being telled by an old dragon to the hatchlings!
@Syrtassia
:0 That's a really cool story! I would totally see it being telled by an old dragon to the hatchlings!
fire_rose_by_dogi_crimson-darmgwr.png