Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | D&D stories
1 2 3 4 5
One time we missed an entire dungeon/part of the lore by rolling so low on perception checks we just left instead
One time we missed an entire dungeon/part of the lore by rolling so low on perception checks we just left instead
tumblr_nqyj99mtxB1qzj6elo1_540.gif
@violetattack gently used....... meat pies........ lol that poor poor old lady! (the description of the author guy reminds me vaguely of lockhart tbh.)

lilacsandfreedom (and violetattack): I absolutely love the "character should be able to do a simple thing but fails horribly multiple times" aspect of d&d just because of the sheer comedic potential. it's so so good.
@violetattack gently used....... meat pies........ lol that poor poor old lady! (the description of the author guy reminds me vaguely of lockhart tbh.)

lilacsandfreedom (and violetattack): I absolutely love the "character should be able to do a simple thing but fails horribly multiple times" aspect of d&d just because of the sheer comedic potential. it's so so good.
7az1aeY.gif

K8XEDpR.png
@Nil the joke of the gently used, magical meat pies was the fact that the stall we bought it from was full of "magical, gently used rings... and meat pies," which turned into the magical, gently used meat pies of legend T3T
@Nil the joke of the gently used, magical meat pies was the fact that the stall we bought it from was full of "magical, gently used rings... and meat pies," which turned into the magical, gently used meat pies of legend T3T
tumblr_nqyj99mtxB1qzj6elo1_540.gif
So we were in this weird tower, right? We had climbed up to the top and there was nothing there... save for some weird liquid on the floor and a few crates m. All rolls failed to tell us what the liquid was (we rolled... really really low... and there were only 4 of us). As far as we could tell it wasn't a monster cause it hadn't tried to attack us. We completely forgot about the boxes.

So our mage had the idea to hit it with flames. What could go wrong?

Everything. Everything went wrong,

The tower went up in flames... actually, it exploded.

the liquid was oil, and the boxes were filled with explosives
So we were in this weird tower, right? We had climbed up to the top and there was nothing there... save for some weird liquid on the floor and a few crates m. All rolls failed to tell us what the liquid was (we rolled... really really low... and there were only 4 of us). As far as we could tell it wasn't a monster cause it hadn't tried to attack us. We completely forgot about the boxes.

So our mage had the idea to hit it with flames. What could go wrong?

Everything. Everything went wrong,

The tower went up in flames... actually, it exploded.

the liquid was oil, and the boxes were filled with explosives
2lhDoir.png..... .....WMCEgD8.pnguBQemcM.png
DMing a homebrew session rn. Three player characters- wood elf fighter, modified dragonborn monk, and sweaty vampire ranger. There's also a cleric NPC tagging along. The monk and the ranger HATE each other for some reason, and the fighter has to mediate. The cleric usually minds his own business.
So, first fight of the campaign, the monk rolls a nat 20 first roll and wrecks the first enemy. Then proceeds to roll a one two turns in a row- he faceplants in some mushrooms, stands up, and falls back on his butt.
Later, monk mentions he wants to write a letter to his husband. Ranger and fighter get EXTREMELY excited because they didn't know he was married, or that he had 2 daughters. A session later, player glances at his character sheet and realizes he made him 20 when he made his sheet months ago, before he developed a backstory.
Whoops.
Also, the fighter keeps trying to flirt with the cleric. Monk and ranger are trying their hardest to get them together. It's starting to turn into unintentional sabotage at this point with all the terrible pickup lines they've been offering.
DMing a homebrew session rn. Three player characters- wood elf fighter, modified dragonborn monk, and sweaty vampire ranger. There's also a cleric NPC tagging along. The monk and the ranger HATE each other for some reason, and the fighter has to mediate. The cleric usually minds his own business.
So, first fight of the campaign, the monk rolls a nat 20 first roll and wrecks the first enemy. Then proceeds to roll a one two turns in a row- he faceplants in some mushrooms, stands up, and falls back on his butt.
Later, monk mentions he wants to write a letter to his husband. Ranger and fighter get EXTREMELY excited because they didn't know he was married, or that he had 2 daughters. A session later, player glances at his character sheet and realizes he made him 20 when he made his sheet months ago, before he developed a backstory.
Whoops.
Also, the fighter keeps trying to flirt with the cleric. Monk and ranger are trying their hardest to get them together. It's starting to turn into unintentional sabotage at this point with all the terrible pickup lines they've been offering.
Q8efDEB.png
ive been in my dnd campaign for like a week and some highlights so far:
  • this girl who named her character the lenny face
  • "you'll probably need a magical substance to stay up late enough to fight these beasts" "can we just go get coffee at the tavern"
  • this ex-mafia kenku with intimidation who imitates the sound of herself stabbing people and the screams of her victims to get what she wants

more to follow. i have to start class

WAIT I FOUND THIS HUGE GEM
  • "can i just shoot an arrow at that airship and hindenberg this &#*$@"
ive been in my dnd campaign for like a week and some highlights so far:
  • this girl who named her character the lenny face
  • "you'll probably need a magical substance to stay up late enough to fight these beasts" "can we just go get coffee at the tavern"
  • this ex-mafia kenku with intimidation who imitates the sound of herself stabbing people and the screams of her victims to get what she wants

more to follow. i have to start class

WAIT I FOUND THIS HUGE GEM
  • "can i just shoot an arrow at that airship and hindenberg this &#*$@"
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
.np7f4Fm.png current icon:
NUuorfS.png .
I've never actually played D&D before, but I came this close to joining a campaign with my friends (never did because too much work and no motivation). Anyway, in this campaign they managed to get one player's character (a centaur) stuck in a chimney because he rolled a 1 trying to enter a pub. XD They got him free by having another guy's orc pee in the fire, so obviously the centaur slid down the chimney and into the fireplace. Yeah, that makes total sense. XDDDD My friends are dorks.

My roommate once had a dream about having a werewolf girlfriend who had male parts as a werewolf. That dream quickly became a running joke in our friend group and she made a D&D character for a different campaign that's a werewolf transgirl (so that when she's in wolf form she has male parts and doesn't care because she also has an intelligence of like 4) as a reference to it. She's actually a really well-developed character though, but that my roommate was able to make something so deep and well-thought out from such a stupid joke makes it even funnier IMO.
I've never actually played D&D before, but I came this close to joining a campaign with my friends (never did because too much work and no motivation). Anyway, in this campaign they managed to get one player's character (a centaur) stuck in a chimney because he rolled a 1 trying to enter a pub. XD They got him free by having another guy's orc pee in the fire, so obviously the centaur slid down the chimney and into the fireplace. Yeah, that makes total sense. XDDDD My friends are dorks.

My roommate once had a dream about having a werewolf girlfriend who had male parts as a werewolf. That dream quickly became a running joke in our friend group and she made a D&D character for a different campaign that's a werewolf transgirl (so that when she's in wolf form she has male parts and doesn't care because she also has an intelligence of like 4) as a reference to it. She's actually a really well-developed character though, but that my roommate was able to make something so deep and well-thought out from such a stupid joke makes it even funnier IMO.
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
1 2 3 4 5