Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [E4] Double Down: Season Two
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 69 70
[quote name="MagykalWagykal" date=2017-08-03 13:59:37] Do you like to town-hunt, or scum-hunt? [/quote] Scumhunt, probably? I had to look them up, but it seems like townhunting is only useful in limited situations and isn't quite as fun. I have no idea what answers about tree leaves might have to do with revealing our roles, so I won't speculate. Here's my attempt at a useful question: [b]Do you prefer to play as scum or town?[/b] I don't have a preference yet because this is my first game, but I'm curious to see how others will answer.
MagykalWagykal wrote on 2017-08-03:
Do you like to town-hunt, or scum-hunt?

Scumhunt, probably? I had to look them up, but it seems like townhunting is only useful in limited situations and isn't quite as fun.

I have no idea what answers about tree leaves might have to do with revealing our roles, so I won't speculate.

Here's my attempt at a useful question:

Do you prefer to play as scum or town?

I don't have a preference yet because this is my first game, but I'm curious to see how others will answer.
|______________| OOL8tGM.gif |___| }FR+0
she/her
|___| FEJeTed.gif
My name's Comb, and I exist. THE DAY HAS COMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ... for me to play this game [quote name="Kimdra" date=2017-08-03 10:21:49] What is your favorite pokemon? [/quote] Virizion [quote name="XxVeredinexX" date=2017-08-03 10:29:01] What Harry Potter house are you in? [/quote] Ravenclaw [quote name="Wyxamex" date=2017-08-03 10:08:52] What is your opinion on trees with jagged leaves and why? [/quote] Uh.. they're pretty?
My name's Comb, and I exist.

THE DAY HAS COMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ... for me to play this game
Kimdra wrote on 2017-08-03:
What is your favorite pokemon?

Virizion
XxVeredinexX wrote on 2017-08-03:
What Harry Potter house are you in?

Ravenclaw
Wyxamex wrote on 2017-08-03:

What is your opinion on trees with jagged leaves and why?

Uh.. they're pretty?
I prefer scum-hunting, I guess? I'm not sure what town-hunting entails, but I assume it's separating the town from the third-party, which doesn't seem nearly as useful or important as scum-hunting.

I personally prefer playing as scum because scheming with your bros *evil laugh*, though town is also very fun once you start to figure everything out. Town's more fun once you make it to the end, but scum's more fun at the start.
I prefer scum-hunting, I guess? I'm not sure what town-hunting entails, but I assume it's separating the town from the third-party, which doesn't seem nearly as useful or important as scum-hunting.

I personally prefer playing as scum because scheming with your bros *evil laugh*, though town is also very fun once you start to figure everything out. Town's more fun once you make it to the end, but scum's more fun at the start.
4VUJBb.png
Okay wow :(. I'm actually shocked as to how fast Wyx's testing-the-waters useless question got out of hand :(. Not sure if it's scum trying to throw everyone off track, or just newbies not realizing the harm they're doing in throwing the convo off track (I don't recognize a lot of the faces involved in this question train, so I'm not really familiar with how/how often you play) :(.

But regardless, and considering I was in the last game where Wyx did something similar, I'm just going to skip over all of these irrelevant questions, because we're burning daylight here :(. (Tbh Wyx I thought this question-fishing was a one trick pony, but you seem to be netting just as much, if not more reactions to it the second time around xD) :(

And that being said, excuse me while I work through my headache to weed through all of this annoying fluff to find the actually useful questions/reactions :v :(
Okay wow :(. I'm actually shocked as to how fast Wyx's testing-the-waters useless question got out of hand :(. Not sure if it's scum trying to throw everyone off track, or just newbies not realizing the harm they're doing in throwing the convo off track (I don't recognize a lot of the faces involved in this question train, so I'm not really familiar with how/how often you play) :(.

But regardless, and considering I was in the last game where Wyx did something similar, I'm just going to skip over all of these irrelevant questions, because we're burning daylight here :(. (Tbh Wyx I thought this question-fishing was a one trick pony, but you seem to be netting just as much, if not more reactions to it the second time around xD) :(

And that being said, excuse me while I work through my headache to weed through all of this annoying fluff to find the actually useful questions/reactions :v :(
download-3.png FR+3
Any pronouns
Sell me your frogs!
[quote name="MagykalWagykal" date=2017-08-03 10:03:41] [color=transparent]How do you feel about PGO roles? [/quote] [color=transparent]They're a double-edged sword, really. Liable to kill mafia but also likely to take down town with it, especially in role madness mafias where there's probably a lot of actions. I don't think claiming PGO would be scummy? There are better ways to avoid investigation. However, by claiming a PGO would lose their chance to catch maf with their ability in exchange for possibly saving a few town lives. Also, why do Magykal choose to ask about PGO specifically? Are they implying something? [quote name="@Kimdra" date=2017-08-03 10:21:49] [color=transparent]What is your favorite pokemon? [/quote] [color=transparent]I think it's pretty obvious. Also, please don't pick lynches based on trivial stuff like which pokemon someone likes, thx. [quote name="Wyxamex" date=2017-08-03 10:08:52] [color=transparent]In the meantime, a questionnaire: What is your opinion on trees with jagged leaves and why? you should know why I'm asking this by now but regardless [/quote] [color=transparent]Jagged leaves are great. I'm raising a batch of silkworms in my house right now and I have tons and tons of mulberry leaves. My favorite leaf would be the ginkgo. [quote name="@Wyxamex" date=2017-08-03 11:50:38] [color=transparent]Now, I'm suspicious of everyone who asked useless questions (I already pinged y'all in this post so I'm not gonna bother) and I'd like you to explain why you decided to join me on asking useless questions. What was your thought process? If you thought it would just be fun, why didn't you include anything useful in the post? [/quote] [color=transparent]Day one fluff, most likely. It happens a lot. I'm not sure what you find sus to this. (I couldn't find a way to hide the quotes lol)
MagykalWagykal wrote on 2017-08-03:
How do you feel about PGO roles?
They're a double-edged sword, really. Liable to kill mafia but also likely to take down town with it, especially in role madness mafias where there's probably a lot of actions.

I don't think claiming PGO would be scummy? There are better ways to avoid investigation. However, by claiming a PGO would lose their chance to catch maf with their ability in exchange for possibly saving a few town lives.

Also, why do Magykal choose to ask about PGO specifically? Are they implying something?

@Kimdra wrote on 2017-08-03:
What is your favorite pokemon?
I think it's pretty obvious.

Also, please don't pick lynches based on trivial stuff like which pokemon someone likes, thx.

Wyxamex wrote on 2017-08-03:
In the meantime, a questionnaire:

What is your opinion on trees with jagged leaves and why?

you should know why I'm asking this by now but regardless
Jagged leaves are great. I'm raising a batch of silkworms in my house right now and I have tons and tons of mulberry leaves.

My favorite leaf would be the ginkgo.

@Wyxamex wrote on 2017-08-03:
Now, I'm suspicious of everyone who asked useless questions (I already pinged y'all in this post so I'm not gonna bother) and I'd like you to explain why you decided to join me on asking useless questions. What was your thought process? If you thought it would just be fun, why didn't you include anything useful in the post?
Day one fluff, most likely. It happens a lot. I'm not sure what you find sus to this.

(I couldn't find a way to hide the quotes lol)
87337a516c6788c06296d62b6c3208eecc0d4d90.png
[quote name="@MagykalWagykal" date=2017-08-03 13:59:37] [color=transparent]I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that Wyxamex only PRETENDED that it was a useless question. If we believed that it was useless, she'd get better answers.[b] If we knew the purpose, however, we'd all be on our guard, trying to throw the question so that we look more town[/b] and don't accidentally end up revealing our roles before it's time. It's actually pretty smart, to fake that it's not important to get the best answers out of everyone before revealing the question's secret purpose. [/quote] [color=transparent]-squints- That's maf thinking right there I wouldn't say townhunting but townreads are a great way to eliminate lynch potentials for a single day. It's best not to take them for granted throughout the game though. That's why scumhunting is better in my opinion, I'd rather assume town as scum than scum as town. [quote name="Kimdra" date=2017-08-03 14:09:43] [color=transparent][b]Do you prefer to play as scum or town?[/b] [/quote] [color=transparent]Town all the way. Scum is stressful as **** @YaBoiGuzma Your post requirement is really screwing with my scumdar haha
@MagykalWagykal wrote on 2017-08-03:
I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that Wyxamex only PRETENDED that it was a useless question. If we believed that it was useless, she'd get better answers. If we knew the purpose, however, we'd all be on our guard, trying to throw the question so that we look more town and don't accidentally end up revealing our roles before it's time. It's actually pretty smart, to fake that it's not important to get the best answers out of everyone before revealing the question's secret purpose.
-squints-

That's maf thinking right there

I wouldn't say townhunting but townreads are a great way to eliminate lynch potentials for a single day. It's best not to take them for granted throughout the game though. That's why scumhunting is better in my opinion, I'd rather assume town as scum than scum as town.

Kimdra wrote on 2017-08-03:
Do you prefer to play as scum or town?
Town all the way. Scum is stressful as ****

@YaBoiGuzma Your post requirement is really screwing with my scumdar haha
87337a516c6788c06296d62b6c3208eecc0d4d90.png
[quote name="Druddigon8" date=2017-08-03 15:22:39] Also, please don't pick lynches based on trivial stuff like which pokemon someone likes, thx. [/quote] @Druddigon8 Druddigon8 I won't, as I said. I apologize if I came off as sounding flippant; that's why I tried to qualify with "only in the event that it's basically a random choice anyway." [s]Also now honestly a little suspicious of Wyx and Magy for taking that out of context to make it sound like that's what I said...[/s] [quote name="kirkfan2255" date=2017-08-03 12:48:11] I originally liked this part of your post because so many jumping onto questions that don't seem, to me, to have reasoning is questionable. However, paired with your own 'jumping on the useless question train!' line, makes this squint-worthy. Not lynch-worthy, at least not yet, but it doesn't particularly sit well imo. [/quote] Speaking of which, this whole runaround with the "jagged leaves" and "useless questions" line of discussion actually seems like the most suspicious thing here. Being cagey like that only really promotes hysteria and distraction, which sounds like a great mafia tactic, to me. My question about pokemon may have been "useless," but at least I was straightforward about it. Anyway, since I asked this before and didn't get a response: [b]How should we decide on whom to lynch if we're going to lynch on D1?[/b] Is it better to vote for an inactive player? An over-active player? I don't know how these things usually go, but I figure we won't be able to do much if we can't agree. (Granted, we have some time, but I figured it would be best to get started early.)
Druddigon8 wrote on 2017-08-03:
Also, please don't pick lynches based on trivial stuff like which pokemon someone likes, thx.

@Druddigon8 Druddigon8 I won't, as I said. I apologize if I came off as sounding flippant; that's why I tried to qualify with "only in the event that it's basically a random choice anyway." Also now honestly a little suspicious of Wyx and Magy for taking that out of context to make it sound like that's what I said...

kirkfan2255 wrote on 2017-08-03:

I originally liked this part of your post because so many jumping onto questions that don't seem, to me, to have reasoning is questionable. However, paired with your own 'jumping on the useless question train!' line, makes this squint-worthy. Not lynch-worthy, at least not yet, but it doesn't particularly sit well imo.

Speaking of which, this whole runaround with the "jagged leaves" and "useless questions" line of discussion actually seems like the most suspicious thing here. Being cagey like that only really promotes hysteria and distraction, which sounds like a great mafia tactic, to me. My question about pokemon may have been "useless," but at least I was straightforward about it.

Anyway, since I asked this before and didn't get a response:

How should we decide on whom to lynch if we're going to lynch on D1?

Is it better to vote for an inactive player? An over-active player? I don't know how these things usually go, but I figure we won't be able to do much if we can't agree. (Granted, we have some time, but I figured it would be best to get started early.)
|______________| OOL8tGM.gif |___| }FR+0
she/her
|___| FEJeTed.gif
@Kimdra i tidelord think that we should gladeleeper vote for people who are stormcatcher inactive.
@Kimdra i tidelord think that we should gladeleeper vote for people who are stormcatcher inactive.
Cora’s Dragon Canvases ~ http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2348888
w80x6rs.jpg
-coughs violently- holy carp I need to catch up on this. Hello everyone! I'm Dream, and haven't played a mafia in a while, but I am excited to join on in!
-coughs violently- holy carp I need to catch up on this. Hello everyone! I'm Dream, and haven't played a mafia in a while, but I am excited to join on in!
iwtfhg_by_intimer_genetics_inc-d9wq4o5.png
Twice :')
@Crumbleless

This is your second and final warning regarding your quirk. If you fail to follow it, you will be modkilled.
@Crumbleless

This is your second and final warning regarding your quirk. If you fail to follow it, you will be modkilled.
utoOrTH.png
Dawnskimmer Refuge

Accents | Lore | Wishlist
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 69 70