Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | ??? What is this about Holiday Items-
1 2
Being retired permanently?
I assumed the Familiars would cycle even if the Jewelry etc did not?
What official post is this announced in and why wasn't it headline news for folks who don't religiously comb the suggestion forums???

The site was closed to more than half the current users when the Light and Fire festivals were happening. :/

Some clarification on if I'm being misled and they will in fact be cycling for at least one more year (till Plague/Rock again) would be lovely.
Being retired permanently?
I assumed the Familiars would cycle even if the Jewelry etc did not?
What official post is this announced in and why wasn't it headline news for folks who don't religiously comb the suggestion forums???

The site was closed to more than half the current users when the Light and Fire festivals were happening. :/

Some clarification on if I'm being misled and they will in fact be cycling for at least one more year (till Plague/Rock again) would be lovely.
1Fannish_Shop_MediumV2_zps1cce32cb.png
Where we ship it. --Join us for Reserves, trades, contests and more!
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=968189
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=955891
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=968189
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=955891
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@Fannish
The only one that wasn't known to be limited edition in advance was the Light Sprite, and they announced it shortly after.
If you look at the descriptions for any of the holiday familiars, they list the event and the year, which makes it pretty clear anyway.
@Fannish
The only one that wasn't known to be limited edition in advance was the Light Sprite, and they announced it shortly after.
If you look at the descriptions for any of the holiday familiars, they list the event and the year, which makes it pretty clear anyway.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
@Fannish The familiars being retired seems to be pretty clear, considering the years are listed in the descriptions. The armbands and special apparel are also retired after the holiday they are issued for. If I remember correctly, only the emblems come back each holiday, along with new familiars and apparel to replace the ones that have been retired the previous year.
@Fannish The familiars being retired seems to be pretty clear, considering the years are listed in the descriptions. The armbands and special apparel are also retired after the holiday they are issued for. If I remember correctly, only the emblems come back each holiday, along with new familiars and apparel to replace the ones that have been retired the previous year.
HAHAHAHA nope. Going to be talking with them about that whole communication issue again. No announcement on the main page OR tumblr. Bad form. AGAIN!
Also, FYI the dates are ONLY listed on the skins originally, the dates being added to the sprites was done LATER.

AND worst of all, ALL armbands, Festival big ticket items (Jewlery, tools, power pack, etc) Do NOT list the year at all.
STILL!

*headdesks* The staff here need to talk about who is communicating these things.
Players should not have to be constantly monitoring the suggestion forum to find out these things.
HAHAHAHA nope. Going to be talking with them about that whole communication issue again. No announcement on the main page OR tumblr. Bad form. AGAIN!
Also, FYI the dates are ONLY listed on the skins originally, the dates being added to the sprites was done LATER.

AND worst of all, ALL armbands, Festival big ticket items (Jewlery, tools, power pack, etc) Do NOT list the year at all.
STILL!

*headdesks* The staff here need to talk about who is communicating these things.
Players should not have to be constantly monitoring the suggestion forum to find out these things.
@Fannish
It's been pretty clear to me since I started playing that the festival items were limited. A quick run of the "items for sale" forum will show you that the light festival apparel in particular is in demand and very expensive.

It's been like this since October at least. I don't think you can blame the admins for not communicating if you just weren't paying attention.
@Fannish
It's been pretty clear to me since I started playing that the festival items were limited. A quick run of the "items for sale" forum will show you that the light festival apparel in particular is in demand and very expensive.

It's been like this since October at least. I don't think you can blame the admins for not communicating if you just weren't paying attention.
greenspell.png[/url]tumblr_ne0o7iWLyZ1u07azbo2_100.png
[/center]
@Fannish
It was announced, shortly after the Light festival finished.
Honestly, I think most people assumed they would be limited edition - that's entirely standard for once-a-year events (which each festival is).

Also, it makes far less sense for the apparel to be limited edition rather than familiars. There's no point in having multiple of the same kind of familiar in a single account, whereas you can have Graveyard Tatters on every dragon in your lair, if you really want.

I don't think there's a real communication issue, though they should add that familiars are ltd edition to the Encyclopedia. It was officially announced, and the fact that you missed it is not their fault.

EDIT: If you think information is missing (like dates on apparel) post it in the typos thread. This kind of thing is easy for them to miss - I keep meaning to post that the Skycat is missing the KS familiar label.
@Fannish
It was announced, shortly after the Light festival finished.
Honestly, I think most people assumed they would be limited edition - that's entirely standard for once-a-year events (which each festival is).

Also, it makes far less sense for the apparel to be limited edition rather than familiars. There's no point in having multiple of the same kind of familiar in a single account, whereas you can have Graveyard Tatters on every dragon in your lair, if you really want.

I don't think there's a real communication issue, though they should add that familiars are ltd edition to the Encyclopedia. It was officially announced, and the fact that you missed it is not their fault.

EDIT: If you think information is missing (like dates on apparel) post it in the typos thread. This kind of thing is easy for them to miss - I keep meaning to post that the Skycat is missing the KS familiar label.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
There was also a hint that the items would retire posted in the comments of the light festival's announcement (dated the same day as the announcement); although it appears at that time they hadn't decided exactly which items would be retired [quote name="Undel" date="2013-06-24 08:16:59"][quote name="fishspeakers" date="2013-06-24 08:13:24" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=1&id=146455#146493"]Will the items be the same each year? Or will there be new items?[/quote] Many of the items will probably be unique to this year, as we would like to keep things fresh each Jubilee. If you see anything you fancy, I'd pick up one or two of them.[/quote]
There was also a hint that the items would retire posted in the comments of the light festival's announcement (dated the same day as the announcement); although it appears at that time they hadn't decided exactly which items would be retired
Undel wrote on 2013-06-24 08:16:59:
Will the items be the same each year? Or will there be new items?

Many of the items will probably be unique to this year, as we would like to keep things fresh each Jubilee. If you see anything you fancy, I'd pick up one or two of them.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
No. Official. Thread/Post. D:
A comment in a THREAD of a USER does not make an official POST. As in something the AVERAGE USER will see. D:

I don't think this is clicking here for them.

Also @Vendrus according to the above links, ALL items except the emblem are never to ever return again.
So despite being unlabeled as such STILL the Power pack, jewelry, ARMBANDS etc is never coming back. Despite, yanno, nothing to denote it is a limited item. D:

And there was no post to announce this. AT ALL.
You keep quoting Mod Comments in threads- never a Thread made by them.
This is extremely problematic.
I read all announcements.

Nothing was mentioned of holiday items being one time exclusives.

And as to the prices??? I assumed it was like MOST sites, where new users really want an item that will return later and get it for really expensive rather than wait 7 months.

Which is NORMAL. It is NOT normal to have NOTHING that denotes it is such MONTHS after they decide it is limited.

It is NOT normal to receive NO notice of changing the description/limited availability.

That Rhea and others were shocked at the end of the FIRE festival by that announcement of SPRITES being retired means, yes, the sprites did not change nature till AFTER that festival. That is 3 whole festivals during which they FAILED to announce that- and WORSE, even in Undel's post, NO ONE, I mean NO ONE mentioned the armbands etc were already retired.

This is NOT okay.

And that you are all saying "Psh, the prices skyrocketed, duh, of COURSE they're retired." in essence, is saying "well, you should have searched the suggestion forum for something oddly titled and all but HIDDEN because it was not stickied etc, to try and find what should have been openly announced and made note of in an official post/the actual description of the items"

Which, again, is so far from okay it makes me very uncomfortable.
No. Official. Thread/Post. D:
A comment in a THREAD of a USER does not make an official POST. As in something the AVERAGE USER will see. D:

I don't think this is clicking here for them.

Also @Vendrus according to the above links, ALL items except the emblem are never to ever return again.
So despite being unlabeled as such STILL the Power pack, jewelry, ARMBANDS etc is never coming back. Despite, yanno, nothing to denote it is a limited item. D:

And there was no post to announce this. AT ALL.
You keep quoting Mod Comments in threads- never a Thread made by them.
This is extremely problematic.
I read all announcements.

Nothing was mentioned of holiday items being one time exclusives.

And as to the prices??? I assumed it was like MOST sites, where new users really want an item that will return later and get it for really expensive rather than wait 7 months.

Which is NORMAL. It is NOT normal to have NOTHING that denotes it is such MONTHS after they decide it is limited.

It is NOT normal to receive NO notice of changing the description/limited availability.

That Rhea and others were shocked at the end of the FIRE festival by that announcement of SPRITES being retired means, yes, the sprites did not change nature till AFTER that festival. That is 3 whole festivals during which they FAILED to announce that- and WORSE, even in Undel's post, NO ONE, I mean NO ONE mentioned the armbands etc were already retired.

This is NOT okay.

And that you are all saying "Psh, the prices skyrocketed, duh, of COURSE they're retired." in essence, is saying "well, you should have searched the suggestion forum for something oddly titled and all but HIDDEN because it was not stickied etc, to try and find what should have been openly announced and made note of in an official post/the actual description of the items"

Which, again, is so far from okay it makes me very uncomfortable.
@Fannish

I apologize if you feel that we have not been communicating this well. We are always working to be as transparent as possible. To clear everything up, here is our official response on the question, and it will be made available in the holiday encyclopedia article for everyone to read so they don't have to go hunting in forums, like you had mentioned:
  • Specialty Apparel (like Boneyard Tatters, Sunchaser Jewelry) will be retired and new apparel will replace it each year.
  • Familiars will be retired and replaced each year.
  • The slot that is presently occupied by the jeweled armband apparel will be retired and replaced each year.
  • The elemental rune emblem apparel will remain consistent and available every year.
The above echoes our most recent correspondence on the topic, but I understand that it can cause considerable frustration to not have that information readily available. I am very sorry.
@Fannish

I apologize if you feel that we have not been communicating this well. We are always working to be as transparent as possible. To clear everything up, here is our official response on the question, and it will be made available in the holiday encyclopedia article for everyone to read so they don't have to go hunting in forums, like you had mentioned:
  • Specialty Apparel (like Boneyard Tatters, Sunchaser Jewelry) will be retired and new apparel will replace it each year.
  • Familiars will be retired and replaced each year.
  • The slot that is presently occupied by the jeweled armband apparel will be retired and replaced each year.
  • The elemental rune emblem apparel will remain consistent and available every year.
The above echoes our most recent correspondence on the topic, but I understand that it can cause considerable frustration to not have that information readily available. I am very sorry.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
1 2