Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Gem-Bound : A Nuzlocke Tale
[center][size=5]Welcome To Gem-Bound : A Nuzlocke Tale [/size][/center] ----- [center]Meet Amethyst, the last dragon of her clan, cursed by the Earthshaker to slip into the slow and painful death that is Gem Bond, and Spider, the "lucky" little thief who wasn't always quite so little. Together these two colorful characters venture forth in order to attempt to disentangle themselves from the magics of an angry God! [/center] ----- [center][size=4]General Rules[/size][/center] ----- Hello, and welcome to my nuzlocke thread. I've attempted quite a few of these before and have never quite followed through, so here is my latest attempt! Below are the rules that I will be following, read carefully, for some of them may have been edited from [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1150203/1]the original Nuzlocke rules[/url]. [list=1][*]Dragons cannot be bought. Donations are allowed, but only one dragon may be recieved in a month's time. [*]Only one egg can be bought per month. [*]No scatter scrolls will be allowed. [*]Genes cannot be given to a dragon until they have reached the required level. Primary at level 10. Secondary at level 15. Tertiary at level 25. [*]Every time an egg is found, I may purchase a breed change scroll. However, a dragon may only be breed changed when they hatch from their egg and only if it is a wild egg. [*]I may not gather for food, I may only hunt for it in the coliseum. [*]If a dragon feints in the Coliseum they are dead, unless they are level 10 or below, in which case they are maimed and cannot hunt or fight for 1 day. This is so short because I have no attention span and would prefer not to lose interest in this story. [*]Dragons with 0% energy are dead. [*]Exalt all dead dragons. [*]When a nest is hatched, only one hatchling may be kept. The rest are to be exalted. [*]When a nest involving the gene Gembond is hatched, flip a coin for each hatchling. If tails, that hatchling was stillborn. They were stone before they were born. [/list] ----- [center][size=4]Traveling and Energy[/size][/center] ----- As Whisper's tale is of her travels from the Southern Icefields to the great Dragonhome, some special notes need to be made. They will be kept track of in the next post. [list=1][*]I get bored very easily. As such, the energy levels of my dragons will probably not be accurate in my lair and so I will be keeping track of it in the next post. Dragons lose 5% energy every time they flee a battle and 10% for every day without sufficient food. [*]The story begins with Amethyst and Spider in the Southern Icefields, 8,000 miles away from their destination at Dragonhome. Amethyst, as you may have noticed, is a Snapper weighed down by copious amounts of crystal growing in and on her body. Needless to say, she cannot fly. With that in mind, Amethyst is only able to move 15 miles per level in a day. [b]Is it by her pace that the group will travel.[/b] The only way to increase speed is if Amethyst is carried. The only species that can carry Whisper are [b]Imperials[/b], [b]Ridgebacks[/b], and [b]Guardians[/b]. [*]A dragon must be at 75% energy or greater to carry another dragon and a 50% or greater to hunt/scavenge in the Coliseum. [*]A dragon at energy less than or equal to 25% becomes ill and cannot fight or fly. They must be carried if applicable. [*]All food and items (this does include apparel) must be found in the Coliseum. The only exception of this are festival items and they will only be able to be obtained later in the story. [*]Spider is equipped with a Bag of No-So-Infinite Holding, a magical item that allows her to hold and store food. She can hold 50 points of food per type and 10 items per type. [*]1 food point replenishes 1 energy.[/list] ----- [center][size=4]Chapter Directory[/size][/center] ----- [list][*]- Pg. 1: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1996165][Prologue][/url] [*]- [*]-[/list] ----- [center][size=4]Ping List[/size][/center] -----
Welcome To
Gem-Bound : A Nuzlocke Tale

Meet Amethyst, the last dragon of her clan, cursed by the Earthshaker to slip into the slow and painful death that is Gem Bond, and Spider, the "lucky" little thief who wasn't always quite so little. Together these two colorful characters venture forth in order to attempt to disentangle themselves from the magics of an angry God!

General Rules

Hello, and welcome to my nuzlocke thread. I've attempted quite a few of these before and have never quite followed through, so here is my latest attempt! Below are the rules that I will be following, read carefully, for some of them may have been edited from the original Nuzlocke rules.

1. Dragons cannot be bought. Donations are allowed, but only one dragon may be recieved in a month's time.
  2. Only one egg can be bought per month.
  3. No scatter scrolls will be allowed.
  4. Genes cannot be given to a dragon until they have reached the required level. Primary at level 10. Secondary at level 15. Tertiary at level 25.
  5. Every time an egg is found, I may purchase a breed change scroll. However, a dragon may only be breed changed when they hatch from their egg and only if it is a wild egg.
  6. I may not gather for food, I may only hunt for it in the coliseum.
  7. If a dragon feints in the Coliseum they are dead, unless they are level 10 or below, in which case they are maimed and cannot hunt or fight for 1 day. This is so short because I have no attention span and would prefer not to lose interest in this story.
  8. Dragons with 0% energy are dead.
  9. Exalt all dead dragons.
  10. When a nest is hatched, only one hatchling may be kept. The rest are to be exalted.
  11. When a nest involving the gene Gembond is hatched, flip a coin for each hatchling. If tails, that hatchling was stillborn. They were stone before they were born.

Traveling and Energy

As Whisper's tale is of her travels from the Southern Icefields to the great Dragonhome, some special notes need to be made. They will be kept track of in the next post.

1. I get bored very easily. As such, the energy levels of my dragons will probably not be accurate in my lair and so I will be keeping track of it in the next post. Dragons lose 5% energy every time they flee a battle and 10% for every day without sufficient food.
  2. The story begins with Amethyst and Spider in the Southern Icefields, 8,000 miles away from their destination at Dragonhome. Amethyst, as you may have noticed, is a Snapper weighed down by copious amounts of crystal growing in and on her body. Needless to say, she cannot fly. With that in mind, Amethyst is only able to move 15 miles per level in a day. Is it by her pace that the group will travel. The only way to increase speed is if Amethyst is carried. The only species that can carry Whisper are Imperials, Ridgebacks, and Guardians.
  3. A dragon must be at 75% energy or greater to carry another dragon and a 50% or greater to hunt/scavenge in the Coliseum.
  4. A dragon at energy less than or equal to 25% becomes ill and cannot fight or fly. They must be carried if applicable.
  5. All food and items (this does include apparel) must be found in the Coliseum. The only exception of this are festival items and they will only be able to be obtained later in the story.
  6. Spider is equipped with a Bag of No-So-Infinite Holding, a magical item that allows her to hold and store food. She can hold 50 points of food per type and 10 items per type.
  7. 1 food point replenishes 1 energy.

Chapter Directory

Ping List

----- [center][size=4]Dragon Profiles[/size][/center] ----- [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=17631&tab=dragon&did=33630247][img]http://i.imgur.com/cCiTXVY.png[/img][/url][nextcol][color=white]?[/color][u][b]Amethyst - The Last of her Clan[/b][color=white]/[/color][color=white]/[/color][color=white]/[/color][/u] [color=white]?[/color]Female || Snapper || Twilight Iridescent || Storm Shimmer || Abyss Gembond [color=white]?[/color]Energy : 100% [/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=17631&did=19461724][img]http://imgur.com/qUFN5LT.png[/img][/url][nextcol][color=white]?[/color][u][b]Spider - The "Lucky" Theif[/b][color=white]/[/color][color=white]/[/color][color=white]/[/color][/u] [color=white]?[/color]Female || Fae || Navy Cherub || Navy Butterfly || Royal Glimmer [color=white]?[/color]Energy : 100% [/columns]

Dragon Profiles

cCiTXVY.png ?Amethyst - The Last of her Clan///
?Female || Snapper || Twilight Iridescent || Storm Shimmer || Abyss Gembond
?Energy : 100%
qUFN5LT.png ?Spider - The "Lucky" Theif///
?Female || Fae || Navy Cherub || Navy Butterfly || Royal Glimmer
?Energy : 100%

Spider's Bag of Not-So-Infinite Holding

Spider's Bag of Not-So-Infinite Holding

Travel Log

Travel Log

Thank You

I just want to start out by thanking anyone who happens to give this a glance. Your time and feedback means a lot to me!

Thank You

I just want to start out by thanking anyone who happens to give this a glance. Your time and feedback means a lot to me!
In all technicalities this thread is open. I will hopefully be posting the intro and maybe chapter one tomorrow.
Good night, everyone~
In all technicalities this thread is open. I will hopefully be posting the intro and maybe chapter one tomorrow.
Good night, everyone~

Prologue

On the swirling peaks of the Cloudscape Crags, there is only white now. The heavy snows from the harsh winter lie hidden under sheets of ragged ice from the spring melts. But slowly, a great white sun climbs, dragging its feet as it trudges up and over the mountains of the Ice Warden. In the light of that sun, so tired from its travels, summer has at last arrived. And in that light, comes a sight very few talk about and even fewer believe.

As the mountain sheds its winter coat, shaking show and ice from its shoulders, color can begin to be seen. Like the tiny shoots of new foliage, something sleeps below the snow. As the sun makes its climb day after day, color begins to bloom in the rocks. Soon, great shards of greens and blues and yellows glisten in the moisture of the clouds. Gatherings of crystals and gems in all sizes emerge from the ice for a few short weeks before the summer sun loses its hold and the wind and snow return.

Very few have ever been to this side of the great mountains, yet, it is not particularly well hidden. Dragonkind has forsaken this mystical place, for these clusters of beautiful stones are not gems or crystals. No.

They are graves.

Prologue

On the swirling peaks of the Cloudscape Crags, there is only white now. The heavy snows from the harsh winter lie hidden under sheets of ragged ice from the spring melts. But slowly, a great white sun climbs, dragging its feet as it trudges up and over the mountains of the Ice Warden. In the light of that sun, so tired from its travels, summer has at last arrived. And in that light, comes a sight very few talk about and even fewer believe.

As the mountain sheds its winter coat, shaking show and ice from its shoulders, color can begin to be seen. Like the tiny shoots of new foliage, something sleeps below the snow. As the sun makes its climb day after day, color begins to bloom in the rocks. Soon, great shards of greens and blues and yellows glisten in the moisture of the clouds. Gatherings of crystals and gems in all sizes emerge from the ice for a few short weeks before the summer sun loses its hold and the wind and snow return.

Very few have ever been to this side of the great mountains, yet, it is not particularly well hidden. Dragonkind has forsaken this mystical place, for these clusters of beautiful stones are not gems or crystals. No.

They are graves.

Chapter One

White, white, more white. Everything was white. Endless white. Spider spat, grumpy from the cold. If she ever saw white again, it would be far too soon, she decided as she clawed her way up the frozen rocks that made up most of the Cloudscape Crags. The rest was ice and snow, of course, but everyone knew that. What everyone didn't know was that hidden somewhere in this frozen wasteland was treasure. Great, beautiful treasure!

The Fae licked her lips beneath her mask and wiped the mist off her goggles. This would do it. This had to do it. The lost gems of the Ice Warden's hoard, what could be worth more? Tail twitching with nervous excitement, Spider scrabbled along, sharp claws scraping against the ice. Upward she climbed, her large wings pressed against her body as the wind howled around her. She hooked her claw on the lip of the cliff and pulled herself up. Suddenly, a sharp crack filled the air as the rock dislodged from the melting ice. She let out a screech and whipped open her wings to keep herself from falling only to have the wind tear her upward uncontrollably. The icy wind threw her around until it at last upended her in a drift of snow.

She shook, spilling loose powder from her shoulders and jostling her wing. The midnight Fae winced as she stretched out her left wing and hissed angrily as her right failed to comply. "Wonderful," She growled as she folded her wings again, tucking them tight against her long, serpentine body. Wide silvery eyes whisked around, trying to make sense of her new surroundings. It was darker in here; she must have fallen down a crevice of some sort. From high above, thin, frozen light filtered down. The only exit seemed to be thirty feet above her and there she was with an injured wing. "Wonderful," She repeated, spitting into the snow.

With no other option, Spider explored the cavern for another way out. A stroke of luck appeared in the form of a small cave at the back of the far wall. She eyed it carefully; it was small, but her diminutive size offered her that advantage at the very least. In she crawled, craning her long neck to see the next room. She gasped,; the cavern opened back up in here and light flooded in. And there, mostly hidden beneath a blanket of snow was a crystal! The huge purple gemstone shone winked at her tauntingly. Beneath her mask, Spider could not help but grin.

She had found it. Her treasure!

Chapter One

White, white, more white. Everything was white. Endless white. Spider spat, grumpy from the cold. If she ever saw white again, it would be far too soon, she decided as she clawed her way up the frozen rocks that made up most of the Cloudscape Crags. The rest was ice and snow, of course, but everyone knew that. What everyone didn't know was that hidden somewhere in this frozen wasteland was treasure. Great, beautiful treasure!

The Fae licked her lips beneath her mask and wiped the mist off her goggles. This would do it. This had to do it. The lost gems of the Ice Warden's hoard, what could be worth more? Tail twitching with nervous excitement, Spider scrabbled along, sharp claws scraping against the ice. Upward she climbed, her large wings pressed against her body as the wind howled around her. She hooked her claw on the lip of the cliff and pulled herself up. Suddenly, a sharp crack filled the air as the rock dislodged from the melting ice. She let out a screech and whipped open her wings to keep herself from falling only to have the wind tear her upward uncontrollably. The icy wind threw her around until it at last upended her in a drift of snow.

She shook, spilling loose powder from her shoulders and jostling her wing. The midnight Fae winced as she stretched out her left wing and hissed angrily as her right failed to comply. "Wonderful," She growled as she folded her wings again, tucking them tight against her long, serpentine body. Wide silvery eyes whisked around, trying to make sense of her new surroundings. It was darker in here; she must have fallen down a crevice of some sort. From high above, thin, frozen light filtered down. The only exit seemed to be thirty feet above her and there she was with an injured wing. "Wonderful," She repeated, spitting into the snow.

With no other option, Spider explored the cavern for another way out. A stroke of luck appeared in the form of a small cave at the back of the far wall. She eyed it carefully; it was small, but her diminutive size offered her that advantage at the very least. In she crawled, craning her long neck to see the next room. She gasped,; the cavern opened back up in here and light flooded in. And there, mostly hidden beneath a blanket of snow was a crystal! The huge purple gemstone shone winked at her tauntingly. Beneath her mask, Spider could not help but grin.

She had found it. Her treasure!