Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Open] The War of Shadow & Light (FR RP)
1 2 3 4 5 6
The Flamecaller glared at her fellow deity as she stood with the two that she had brought with her from one of her more trustworthy clans. The two's breeds had been born from the Lightweaver herself but had actually been born under the influence of the Icewarden. But now, the passionate flames that had somehow been sparked in them had lead them to join her flight and turn their backs on their birth flights.

Kisara and Kaiba, her trusted commander and healer were currently standing beside her like silent guardians in case another of their current allies decided that they wished to threaten the already tense alliance between the two flights. Sure her flight wasn't the biggest, but her flight was far more durable and ready for battle than their allies. They were no match for the combined might of the Icewarden or the Shadowbinder however and they would need to recruit their fellow deities soon before the Shadowbinder could recruit them or decommission them. Their best bet would be to get the Stormcatcher and the Gladekeeper on their side to try and even the odds out just a little. Wind singer was far too playful and too finicky for her taste and was more then likely going to pull a Switzerland (whatever that was) and be completely neutral in the fights to come.

Honestly, she herself didn't understand what had gotten her to choose the obvious underdog instead of going neutral and watching from her warm forges. It was probably because the Icewarden had been a little too quick to take up the Shadowbinders call to arms and screw that guy she was totally not going to be neutral for that frozen hearted drake.

"My lady... the Lady Lightweaver failed to announce that you are her ally in the war to come against the deity of shadows and that of ice." Kaiba spoke, obvious dislike for his species creator in his voice as Flamecaller smiled down at him, gently stroking at the mane between his antlers and then looking to the quietly observing Kisara. Another dragon, a female coatl stood to Kisara's left with a black fedora tilted over her features to keep them hidden for the most part.

"It would seem like we have been forgotten Mother, and that does not bode well for the Lightweaver if she were to forget about her allies before the fight even began."

"That is true Serafina but does not mean that-"

"Kisara, there is no need to play as the Plaguebringers advocate. Serafina is right and if the Lightweaver truly believes that she does not wish for our assistance then we will just have to got to the Earthshaker and ask to join in her little rebellion." The three smaller dragons nodded at their deities words as her glowing orange eyes glimmered like the forges that she stroked examined the sunbeam ruins with obvious distaste.
The Flamecaller glared at her fellow deity as she stood with the two that she had brought with her from one of her more trustworthy clans. The two's breeds had been born from the Lightweaver herself but had actually been born under the influence of the Icewarden. But now, the passionate flames that had somehow been sparked in them had lead them to join her flight and turn their backs on their birth flights.

Kisara and Kaiba, her trusted commander and healer were currently standing beside her like silent guardians in case another of their current allies decided that they wished to threaten the already tense alliance between the two flights. Sure her flight wasn't the biggest, but her flight was far more durable and ready for battle than their allies. They were no match for the combined might of the Icewarden or the Shadowbinder however and they would need to recruit their fellow deities soon before the Shadowbinder could recruit them or decommission them. Their best bet would be to get the Stormcatcher and the Gladekeeper on their side to try and even the odds out just a little. Wind singer was far too playful and too finicky for her taste and was more then likely going to pull a Switzerland (whatever that was) and be completely neutral in the fights to come.

Honestly, she herself didn't understand what had gotten her to choose the obvious underdog instead of going neutral and watching from her warm forges. It was probably because the Icewarden had been a little too quick to take up the Shadowbinders call to arms and screw that guy she was totally not going to be neutral for that frozen hearted drake.

"My lady... the Lady Lightweaver failed to announce that you are her ally in the war to come against the deity of shadows and that of ice." Kaiba spoke, obvious dislike for his species creator in his voice as Flamecaller smiled down at him, gently stroking at the mane between his antlers and then looking to the quietly observing Kisara. Another dragon, a female coatl stood to Kisara's left with a black fedora tilted over her features to keep them hidden for the most part.

"It would seem like we have been forgotten Mother, and that does not bode well for the Lightweaver if she were to forget about her allies before the fight even began."

"That is true Serafina but does not mean that-"

"Kisara, there is no need to play as the Plaguebringers advocate. Serafina is right and if the Lightweaver truly believes that she does not wish for our assistance then we will just have to got to the Earthshaker and ask to join in her little rebellion." The three smaller dragons nodded at their deities words as her glowing orange eyes glimmered like the forges that she stroked examined the sunbeam ruins with obvious distaste.
oulcMpY.gif
[center] [i]{{sorry, all, I was busy stressing about, preparing for, and taking the SAT these last couple of days}} [/i] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/1/5.png?mtime=UgcX6wAAUho.png[/img] I startled slightly as the sudden intrusion of ice sprung up around [b]Icewarden[/b] and myself. I listened carefully to my ally's words, nodding my head thoughtfully. "With your agreement, I will send out a call for the best hunters, gatherers, and fishermen to stockpile as many quantities of food as they can muster. We may also want those who specialize in scavenging, digging, and the likes to scrounge up as much scrap metal as they can, before the [b]Lightweaver[/b] gets the same bright idea. With the [b]Flamecaller[/b] and her army of metalworkers at her side, they have the advantage of having a constant supply of hardy armor and weapons. As for breaking apart their alliance, well... I believe that will not be the most difficult task. It is already shaky as is." Thoughts began to swirl in my mind about Icewarden and myself's own alliance: certainly he did not join forces with me out of the goodness of his heart (I sincerely doubt he even had a heart), or because we were best friends 'til the bitter end (he was friends with nobody), but I pondered the possibility that the Lightweaver and Flamecaller were thinking upon those same lines, and if there was already an intruder among our numbers, sent to do the very same task my ally and I were discussing now. This was when a voice burst into my mind, invading the privacy of my own thoughts. I almost made an audible gasp of surprise, but quickly muffled it. [i][b]Necromancy[/b]... is that you, my child?[/i] I thought tentatively, not sure how her telepathy worked. [i]Tell me more about this... loyalty concoction of yours. Oh, and, if you would, please get one of the other commanders to shoo [b]that pesky Arcane Nocturne[/b] from our territory.[/i] I was suspicious, but thinking back to the possibility of the presence of a spy in my ranks, her information and abilities could prove invaluable to our efforts. I cast Icewarden a glance, simultaneously awaiting a response from both him and my telepathic commander.
{{sorry, all, I was busy stressing about, preparing for, and taking the SAT these last couple of days}}

5.png?mtime=UgcX6wAAUho.png

I startled slightly as the sudden intrusion of ice sprung up around Icewarden and myself. I listened carefully to my ally's words, nodding my head thoughtfully. "With your agreement, I will send out a call for the best hunters, gatherers, and fishermen to stockpile as many quantities of food as they can muster. We may also want those who specialize in scavenging, digging, and the likes to scrounge up as much scrap metal as they can, before the Lightweaver gets the same bright idea. With the Flamecaller and her army of metalworkers at her side, they have the advantage of having a constant supply of hardy armor and weapons.

As for breaking apart their alliance, well... I believe that will not be the most difficult task. It is already shaky as is." Thoughts began to swirl in my mind about Icewarden and myself's own alliance: certainly he did not join forces with me out of the goodness of his heart (I sincerely doubt he even had a heart), or because we were best friends 'til the bitter end (he was friends with nobody), but I pondered the possibility that the Lightweaver and Flamecaller were thinking upon those same lines, and if there was already an intruder among our numbers, sent to do the very same task my ally and I were discussing now. This was when a voice burst into my mind, invading the privacy of my own thoughts. I almost made an audible gasp of surprise, but quickly muffled it.

Necromancy... is that you, my child? I thought tentatively, not sure how her telepathy worked. Tell me more about this... loyalty concoction of yours. Oh, and, if you would, please get one of the other commanders to shoo that pesky Arcane Nocturne from our territory. I was suspicious, but thinking back to the possibility of the presence of a spy in my ranks, her information and abilities could prove invaluable to our efforts. I cast Icewarden a glance, simultaneously awaiting a response from both him and my telepathic commander.
Falion watched those in the forum. The ice wall around the Shadowbinder keeping others from hearing what she and the Icewarden were saying. These gave him the time to think about what Pochi was saying to him earlier. He's gaze kept drifting to the Arcane Nocturne in the distance watching those gathered in the forum. He didn't trust it as far as he could throw it. Falion started to shif his weight from side to side. This was taking to long and he was straining himself to stay serious until the Shadowbinder dismissed them. His tail flicking nervously. That Nocturne was seriously concerning him. "What is it with that Nocturne? he thought to himself, "why does it make me so uncomfortable? It's not allied with the Lightbringer." Whatever it was, he didn't care. He wanted to chase it off, but he's a commander now. He won't do anything random unless told he could by the Shadowbinder. Once he gets that okay, that Nocturne is gone.

Pochi and Faux watched the meeting from afar. They wanted to know what was going on. They both hated being in the dark with this stuff. Hopefully Falion can fill them on when it's done. They want this war over with as soon as possible. War is something they don't like. They'll support the Shadowbinder but they honestly don't really care who wins, as long as they didn't loose anyone they cared about they'd be fine.
Falion watched those in the forum. The ice wall around the Shadowbinder keeping others from hearing what she and the Icewarden were saying. These gave him the time to think about what Pochi was saying to him earlier. He's gaze kept drifting to the Arcane Nocturne in the distance watching those gathered in the forum. He didn't trust it as far as he could throw it. Falion started to shif his weight from side to side. This was taking to long and he was straining himself to stay serious until the Shadowbinder dismissed them. His tail flicking nervously. That Nocturne was seriously concerning him. "What is it with that Nocturne? he thought to himself, "why does it make me so uncomfortable? It's not allied with the Lightbringer." Whatever it was, he didn't care. He wanted to chase it off, but he's a commander now. He won't do anything random unless told he could by the Shadowbinder. Once he gets that okay, that Nocturne is gone.

Pochi and Faux watched the meeting from afar. They wanted to know what was going on. They both hated being in the dark with this stuff. Hopefully Falion can fill them on when it's done. They want this war over with as soon as possible. War is something they don't like. They'll support the Shadowbinder but they honestly don't really care who wins, as long as they didn't loose anyone they cared about they'd be fine.
Necromancy
"Yes, my queen. It is I." Necromancy smiled. She called to a certain Mirror dragon, standing feet away from her. "Get that Nocturne away from here." she shouted. "Ah, yes, my spell." She turned back to her conversation with Shadowbinder. "It is known as
Fideo Virtuis. It will grant the target unimaginable strength, but in exchange make them extremely loyal to the caster. They will obey your and only your every command and bow down to you as if they were your high god, but that would not matter to you, since most of them already do bow down to you. Since you are the one who is in charge, I will write out the incantation. You will merely recite it, and all will be taken care of. It will be disguised as a mere power grant, but this spell of loyalty will be placed on them with it. It is a bit shady, but..."
She laughed. "would the goddess of shadows and trickery herself fight fairly?"

(@avanari, @poisontea are you okay with the spell? If not, your characters can not be affected. It will be written for soldiers only, but if that isn't okay, tell me and your characters won't be under the spell.)
Necromancy
"Yes, my queen. It is I." Necromancy smiled. She called to a certain Mirror dragon, standing feet away from her. "Get that Nocturne away from here." she shouted. "Ah, yes, my spell." She turned back to her conversation with Shadowbinder. "It is known as
Fideo Virtuis. It will grant the target unimaginable strength, but in exchange make them extremely loyal to the caster. They will obey your and only your every command and bow down to you as if they were your high god, but that would not matter to you, since most of them already do bow down to you. Since you are the one who is in charge, I will write out the incantation. You will merely recite it, and all will be taken care of. It will be disguised as a mere power grant, but this spell of loyalty will be placed on them with it. It is a bit shady, but..."
She laughed. "would the goddess of shadows and trickery herself fight fairly?"

(@avanari, @poisontea are you okay with the spell? If not, your characters can not be affected. It will be written for soldiers only, but if that isn't okay, tell me and your characters won't be under the spell.)
she/he/they | fr + 3
(It would be best for the Shadowbinder's side they weren't since they'd get angry over the lack of trust and feeling violated, it's kind of their personalities, and Faux for some reason can't be effect by spells anyway, she's a special snowflake! Falion though is 100% loyal to her anyway! It's fine if Pochi somehow is though.... that would be interesting...)

Falion heard the voice of his fellow commander. He was shocked by the suddenness of it but quickly thought to her, "with pleasure." He took flight towards the Nocturne landing next to it. He stared the Nocturne down and said to it, "I believe it is on your best interest to leave here. Go back to the Arcanist." He was surprised by how cruel he sounded. He's usually never like that. The battles haven't even started and he was already become cruel. What was happening to him?
(It would be best for the Shadowbinder's side they weren't since they'd get angry over the lack of trust and feeling violated, it's kind of their personalities, and Faux for some reason can't be effect by spells anyway, she's a special snowflake! Falion though is 100% loyal to her anyway! It's fine if Pochi somehow is though.... that would be interesting...)

Falion heard the voice of his fellow commander. He was shocked by the suddenness of it but quickly thought to her, "with pleasure." He took flight towards the Nocturne landing next to it. He stared the Nocturne down and said to it, "I believe it is on your best interest to leave here. Go back to the Arcanist." He was surprised by how cruel he sounded. He's usually never like that. The battles haven't even started and he was already become cruel. What was happening to him?
(@avanari Alright, thanks for letting me know. (by the way, faux who's immune to spells would be the only one cast upon, since Necromancy is only gonna write it for soldiers. Falion = commander and pochi = civilian.)
(@avanari Alright, thanks for letting me know. (by the way, faux who's immune to spells would be the only one cast upon, since Necromancy is only gonna write it for soldiers. Falion = commander and pochi = civilian.)
she/he/they | fr + 3
(@Matou Okay! Cool! That's gonna be a fun little thing for them all to find out.... XD)
(@Matou Okay! Cool! That's gonna be a fun little thing for them all to find out.... XD)
(@avanari I know, right?)
(@avanari I know, right?)
she/he/they | fr + 3
(@Matou She doesn't even fully understand her emotion powers are! Imagine finding out about yet another special ability! I'm excited to see what happens with all that!)
(@Matou She doesn't even fully understand her emotion powers are! Imagine finding out about yet another special ability! I'm excited to see what happens with all that!)
Icewarden
"Hmm," I agreed, allowing my thoughts to spiral away. "I've been waiting to get revenge on Flamecaller for melting my precious Icefield for a long time now. And yes, Lightweaver will have the advantage of armor and weapons. However, we have an advantage in that our realms are hardly easy to navigate. If they wanted to invade either of us, they'd either freeze to death in a blizzard or get stuck in a pile of brambles. And I think they'll find that my army of floofybuns- ahem, Tundras- aren't so huggable in battle." I lifted the snow spell; there was no need for it now that the Nocturne was being sent away.
Icewarden
"Hmm," I agreed, allowing my thoughts to spiral away. "I've been waiting to get revenge on Flamecaller for melting my precious Icefield for a long time now. And yes, Lightweaver will have the advantage of armor and weapons. However, we have an advantage in that our realms are hardly easy to navigate. If they wanted to invade either of us, they'd either freeze to death in a blizzard or get stuck in a pile of brambles. And I think they'll find that my army of floofybuns- ahem, Tundras- aren't so huggable in battle." I lifted the snow spell; there was no need for it now that the Nocturne was being sent away.
1 2 3 4 5 6