Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Open] The War of Shadow & Light (FR RP)
1 2 3 4 5 6
Deity Name: The Arcanist Side on War: Lightweaver, unless alliance with the Earthshaker is possible. (I'll explain my reasoning behind this if you'd like) Dragon Name: Crim Appearance: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31885661] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/318857/31885661_350.png[/img] [/url] Side on War: Will side with The Arcanist Role: Soldier
Deity Name: The Arcanist
Side on War: Lightweaver, unless alliance with the Earthshaker is possible. (I'll explain my reasoning behind this if you'd like)

Dragon Name: Crim
Appearance:
31885661_350.png

Side on War: Will side with The Arcanist
Role: Soldier
1U8DDHp.png
@ChessieSmiles I will add your characters once I access my laptop again. May I hear your reasoning for allying the Arcanist with the Earthshaker?
@ChessieSmiles I will add your characters once I access my laptop again. May I hear your reasoning for allying the Arcanist with the Earthshaker?
First and foremost if peace isn't kept and the flights were to go to war the Arcanist would have to shift his, and his flight's attention from their personal pursuits to the war. Their most pressing concern being defending themselves from The Plaugebringer and his forces in the east, though previously small skirmishes where relatively common between the two flights due to plauge's inherent nature. Secondly though Arcane is always hyper focused on their pursuits they've always appreciated the Earth flight's consistency because they've rarely have to spend precious time keeping ties close with them. Finally knowledge, Arcane's most prized possession, is always lost in war, from destruction of archives, to the death of elders, and it takes precious resources to recover knowledge when it's possible to.
First and foremost if peace isn't kept and the flights were to go to war the Arcanist would have to shift his, and his flight's attention from their personal pursuits to the war. Their most pressing concern being defending themselves from The Plaugebringer and his forces in the east, though previously small skirmishes where relatively common between the two flights due to plauge's inherent nature. Secondly though Arcane is always hyper focused on their pursuits they've always appreciated the Earth flight's consistency because they've rarely have to spend precious time keeping ties close with them. Finally knowledge, Arcane's most prized possession, is always lost in war, from destruction of archives, to the death of elders, and it takes precious resources to recover knowledge when it's possible to.
1U8DDHp.png
@andsoami @poisontea @flamesembrace @chessiesmiles [b]We have five people now, so I believe we can get this thing kicked off~ Here's the setting to help you jump in: *If everyone would please subscribe to the topic, then we won't have to bother with pinglists~*[/b] [LIST] [*]The Shadowbinder, the Icewarden {and all other allied flights}, and their commanders/soldiers have rallied at the Forum of the Obscured Crescent. [*]The Lightweaver, the Flamecaller {and all other allied flights}, and their commanders/soldiers have rallied at the Beacon of the Radiant Eye. [*]The Earthshaker, the Arcanist, and all allied dragons have rallied at the Pillar of the World. [*]The Shadow and Light armies prepare their soldiers for war, while the Earth Resistance works on stockpiling food and medicinal supplies and training their followers for defensive combat.[/LIST] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/1/5.png?mtime=UgcX6wAAUho.png[/img] "My children, my children," I coo, my sickly soft voice echoing off the walls of the Forum. My large feet disturb the surface of the dark, grotesque pool of fouled water as I take a few lumbering steps around the perimeter, my piercing eyes boring into [b]the soldiers perched in the carved stone stands[/b]. "It appears a new age has dawned on us. This may very well be the catalyst, nay, the birth, of the Fourth Age in the history of this realm." My dripping maw curled in a foul smile. "For my foolish sister has the audacity to believe that she can conquer a Flight twice the size of her own, and with twice the ferociousness and cunning than she could ever hope to possess." My laughter rings out, loud and boisterous, among the rail-thin Evergreens. I turn to the other deity drake, [b]the Icewarden[/b], my ally. "I'm honored to have you by my side, brother. And I eagerly await the arrival of our other faithful brethren." My gleaming eyes flash to the five dragons standing apart from the others, statuesque and taught with tension. "[b]The commanders of my army[/b], my faithful, your day is nigh to train your soldiers to gloriously defend these great lands. You have been hand-selected, yes, by the Shadowbinder herself, me, for this purpose. I [i]know[/i] you will not fail me." My gaze quickly turned menacing, and my smile flashed predatory, but the moment was over as quickly as it had begun. "If you have something to say, anything at all, I suggest speaking now." [/center]
@andsoami @poisontea @flamesembrace @chessiesmiles
We have five people now, so I believe we can get this thing kicked off~ Here's the setting to help you jump in:

*If everyone would please subscribe to the topic, then we won't have to bother with pinglists~*

• The Shadowbinder, the Icewarden {and all other allied flights}, and their commanders/soldiers have rallied at the Forum of the Obscured Crescent.
  • The Lightweaver, the Flamecaller {and all other allied flights}, and their commanders/soldiers have rallied at the Beacon of the Radiant Eye.
  • The Earthshaker, the Arcanist, and all allied dragons have rallied at the Pillar of the World.
  • The Shadow and Light armies prepare their soldiers for war, while the Earth Resistance works on stockpiling food and medicinal supplies and training their followers for defensive combat.
5.png?mtime=UgcX6wAAUho.png
"My children, my children," I coo, my sickly soft voice echoing off the walls of the Forum.
My large feet disturb the surface of the dark, grotesque pool of fouled water as I take a few lumbering steps around the perimeter, my piercing eyes boring into the soldiers perched in the carved stone stands. "It appears a new age has dawned on us. This may very well be the catalyst, nay, the birth, of the Fourth Age in the history of this realm." My dripping maw curled in a foul smile.

"For my foolish sister has the audacity to believe that she can conquer a Flight twice the size of her own, and with twice the ferociousness and cunning than she could ever hope to possess." My laughter rings out, loud and boisterous, among the rail-thin Evergreens. I turn to the other deity drake, the Icewarden, my ally. "I'm honored to have you by my side, brother. And I eagerly await the arrival of our other faithful brethren."

My gleaming eyes flash to the five dragons standing apart from the others, statuesque and taught with tension. "The commanders of my army, my faithful, your day is nigh to train your soldiers to gloriously defend these great lands. You have been hand-selected, yes, by the Shadowbinder herself, me, for this purpose. I know you will not fail me." My gaze quickly turned menacing, and my smile flashed predatory, but the moment was over as quickly as it had begun.

"If you have something to say, anything at all, I suggest speaking now."
((I've subscribed :)))
Icewarden
I scowled at Shadowbinder's use of the word 'brother'. "Do not refer to me by that term," I hissed, a wave of cold air settling over our surroundings. My eyes glowed in the darkness. "Finally, the time has come. I've been waiting for a long time to start a war with Flamecaller. Let us unite against our enemies, Shadowbinder. Together, we'll win this war." I fell silent again, sweeping my eyes over the gathering. I did hope they would meet my expectations. I didn't like the idea of melting my collection to use as reinforcements, especially considering I could barely control them myself, but hopefully that wouldn't happen.... If these warriors were good enough.
((I've subscribed :)))
Icewarden
I scowled at Shadowbinder's use of the word 'brother'. "Do not refer to me by that term," I hissed, a wave of cold air settling over our surroundings. My eyes glowed in the darkness. "Finally, the time has come. I've been waiting for a long time to start a war with Flamecaller. Let us unite against our enemies, Shadowbinder. Together, we'll win this war." I fell silent again, sweeping my eyes over the gathering. I did hope they would meet my expectations. I didn't like the idea of melting my collection to use as reinforcements, especially considering I could barely control them myself, but hopefully that wouldn't happen.... If these warriors were good enough.
(I'm subscribed)

Crim
A small Nocturne watched the forum below from her perch in a pine tree, keeping a respectful distance from those who rallied there. Her eyes were glowing unnaturally bright while a rune flashed above her forehead, the symbol of her flight, and her master the Arcanist who watched on from a scrying bowl in the Earthshakers domain. Runes encircled her neck before she spoke projecting herself over the thunder in the forum as soldiers and civilians alike shouted over one another. "I maintain that this war is foolish, and I as well as my flight will do anything we can to stop it." muttering ensued as she took a breath before continuing without a spell to cast her voice now that she had gained the attention of everyone present, "However we, and the Earth flight offer shelter for those who seek it, and medical attention for those who need it."
(I'm subscribed)

Crim
A small Nocturne watched the forum below from her perch in a pine tree, keeping a respectful distance from those who rallied there. Her eyes were glowing unnaturally bright while a rune flashed above her forehead, the symbol of her flight, and her master the Arcanist who watched on from a scrying bowl in the Earthshakers domain. Runes encircled her neck before she spoke projecting herself over the thunder in the forum as soldiers and civilians alike shouted over one another. "I maintain that this war is foolish, and I as well as my flight will do anything we can to stop it." muttering ensued as she took a breath before continuing without a spell to cast her voice now that she had gained the attention of everyone present, "However we, and the Earth flight offer shelter for those who seek it, and medical attention for those who need it."
1U8DDHp.png
@Heyman (aww yeah! Time to be eeevillll!) Dragon Name: Necromancy Appearance: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29817943] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/298180/29817943_350.png[/img] [/url] Side on War: Shadowbinder Role: Commander
@Heyman (aww yeah! Time to be eeevillll!)
Dragon Name: Necromancy
Appearance:

29817943_350.png

Side on War: Shadowbinder
Role: Commander
she/he/they | fr + 3
@Matou your character will be added when I get back to my laptop :) feel free to jump in~
@Matou your character will be added when I get back to my laptop :) feel free to jump in~
@Heyman
(Thanks!)

Necromancy
Necromancy finally spoke. Her voice was cold and clear, almost as menacing as her new mistress. Small wisps of magic escaped her throat as her jaw moved, getting more bright and numerous as she spoke. "I have waited for the day that I'd get to see the dragons that made me weak CRUMBLE-" She stopped, her voice quieting. "-between my own claws." Laughter interrupted her monologue, quiet at first, from a chuckle to a full fledged maniacal laugh. "I thank you, Lady Shadowbinder, for liberating me from my old god. Arcanist was weak and wrapped up in his own studies. But then I found you. Your Majesty liberated me from his incompetence! I am ever so greatful for your blessings and I will serve you loyally. Nowww..." she rubbed her claws together, glancing sideways towards the other commanders and the gods. "How should I start the attack?" She twirled her claws around, her eyes glowing with an eerie light. "I would sure love to see your enemies suffer! Nothing would bring me more pleasure."
@Heyman
(Thanks!)

Necromancy
Necromancy finally spoke. Her voice was cold and clear, almost as menacing as her new mistress. Small wisps of magic escaped her throat as her jaw moved, getting more bright and numerous as she spoke. "I have waited for the day that I'd get to see the dragons that made me weak CRUMBLE-" She stopped, her voice quieting. "-between my own claws." Laughter interrupted her monologue, quiet at first, from a chuckle to a full fledged maniacal laugh. "I thank you, Lady Shadowbinder, for liberating me from my old god. Arcanist was weak and wrapped up in his own studies. But then I found you. Your Majesty liberated me from his incompetence! I am ever so greatful for your blessings and I will serve you loyally. Nowww..." she rubbed her claws together, glancing sideways towards the other commanders and the gods. "How should I start the attack?" She twirled her claws around, her eyes glowing with an eerie light. "I would sure love to see your enemies suffer! Nothing would bring me more pleasure."
she/he/they | fr + 3
Icewarden
Icewarden glanced at the Imperial. This dragon is seriously disturbed. "Let us not be too hasty with the attack. We should fortify our own home first, make it invulnerable to retaliation. Who knows what Lightweaver and her ally the Flamecaller are planning." The temperature dropped another several degrees as he examined the crowd. "Remember that it is always best to keep your head, or your enemies will take advantage of your emotions." He cast a warning look at Necromancy.
Icewarden
Icewarden glanced at the Imperial. This dragon is seriously disturbed. "Let us not be too hasty with the attack. We should fortify our own home first, make it invulnerable to retaliation. Who knows what Lightweaver and her ally the Flamecaller are planning." The temperature dropped another several degrees as he examined the crowd. "Remember that it is always best to keep your head, or your enemies will take advantage of your emotions." He cast a warning look at Necromancy.
1 2 3 4 5 6