Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Open] The War of Shadow & Light (FR RP)
1 2 3 4 5 6
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/1/5.png?mtime=UgcX6wAAUho.png[/img] I mulled over [b]Necromancy's[/b] words, closing my luminous violet eyes as I did so. [i]Your offer is tempting, child... as much as my nature would delight in this magnitude of trickery and cunning, perhaps we shall save this incantation for a desperate measure. I can only begin to imagine what sorts of problems it could potentially cause down the road...[/i] I sighed ruefully, though I wasn't sure the Imperial could hear that. I turned to the [b]Icewarden[/b], a sly grin contorting my features. "You're right, my ally, our terrains are some of the harshest known to dragon-kind..." I gave him a pointed look at the [u]odd[/u] usage of the word 'floofybun,' but quickly moved past it. "You did surprise me with the creation of Tundras... so much unlike you, so far from your own image.... yet an asset for battle in your frozen plains." I turned back to the [b]soldiers[/b], clearing my throat. "My loyal ilk, in preparation for this great war, I ask that all of you hunters, gatherers, fishers, and scavengers disperse across the realm and stockpile as many resources as you're able. Meat, fish, insects, plants, [i]metal[/i], most importantly! We will never win a war we are not prepared for!" I bellowed, my eyes flashing. "[b]My commanders[/b], you are in charge of coordinating these expeditions. I leave my soldiers in your capable hands."
5.png?mtime=UgcX6wAAUho.png

I mulled over Necromancy's words, closing my luminous violet eyes as I did so. Your offer is tempting, child... as much as my nature would delight in this magnitude of trickery and cunning, perhaps we shall save this incantation for a desperate measure. I can only begin to imagine what sorts of problems it could potentially cause down the road... I sighed ruefully, though I wasn't sure the Imperial could hear that.

I turned to the Icewarden, a sly grin contorting my features. "You're right, my ally, our terrains are some of the harshest known to dragon-kind..." I gave him a pointed look at the odd usage of the word 'floofybun,' but quickly moved past it. "You did surprise me with the creation of Tundras... so much unlike you, so far from your own image.... yet an asset for battle in your frozen plains."

I turned back to the soldiers, clearing my throat. "My loyal ilk, in preparation for this great war, I ask that all of you hunters, gatherers, fishers, and scavengers disperse across the realm and stockpile as many resources as you're able. Meat, fish, insects, plants, metal, most importantly! We will never win a war we are not prepared for!" I bellowed, my eyes flashing. "My commanders, you are in charge of coordinating these expeditions. I leave my soldiers in your capable hands."
Falion quickly flew back to the other commanders still thinking to himself "what is happening to me?" Landing amongst the other commanders he looked around. "hopefully they have ideas on what to do." Falion may have been appointed a commander but he has never done anything war related before. He was beginning to wonder why the Shadowbinder even picked him in the first place....

Faux and Pochi were waiting on the edge of the forum. Faux probably should have been in the forum for the meeting but all those different and intense emotions give her headaches. She saw the flash of familiar bright greenish wings fly back towards the commanders. "What was he doing over there?" she thought. She shrugged it off and turned to face Pochi and noticed a look of fear and nervousness. "Poor girl," she thought giving her a sympathetic look, "it doesn't take someone with my powers to be able to tell this war does not sit well with her."
Falion quickly flew back to the other commanders still thinking to himself "what is happening to me?" Landing amongst the other commanders he looked around. "hopefully they have ideas on what to do." Falion may have been appointed a commander but he has never done anything war related before. He was beginning to wonder why the Shadowbinder even picked him in the first place....

Faux and Pochi were waiting on the edge of the forum. Faux probably should have been in the forum for the meeting but all those different and intense emotions give her headaches. She saw the flash of familiar bright greenish wings fly back towards the commanders. "What was he doing over there?" she thought. She shrugged it off and turned to face Pochi and noticed a look of fear and nervousness. "Poor girl," she thought giving her a sympathetic look, "it doesn't take someone with my powers to be able to tell this war does not sit well with her."
@Poisontea you alive??

@Poisontea you alive??

oulcMpY.gif
Necromancy

"Indeed, my queen. I shall do as you wish. However, about...another spell to spice things up?." The imperial laughed, her mind filled with visions of grandeur and power. "No, my queen, I take back that statement. For you see, some spells of mine focus on the manipulation of the mind, and if you do not wish to tamper in such arts now, I will not bother with it." Her eyes flickered with cunning and magic, as after the Shadowbinder responded, the telepathic connection stopped. She turned back towards the ranks of soldiers who were assembled before her. "My fellow brothers and sisters, faithful ilk of the Shadowbinder, I command you on my lady's behalf! Gather all supplies that you may find around this Forum! Food, metals and other materials! We shall be prepared for any attack!" Her way of speaking was formal and almost ancient. Necromancy, as well as commanding her numerous fleets of soldiers, was determined on impressing and intimidating her fellow commanders and her underlings. She moved her long claws around as wisps of pink magic danced around her long talons. That too, was for showing off.
Necromancy

"Indeed, my queen. I shall do as you wish. However, about...another spell to spice things up?." The imperial laughed, her mind filled with visions of grandeur and power. "No, my queen, I take back that statement. For you see, some spells of mine focus on the manipulation of the mind, and if you do not wish to tamper in such arts now, I will not bother with it." Her eyes flickered with cunning and magic, as after the Shadowbinder responded, the telepathic connection stopped. She turned back towards the ranks of soldiers who were assembled before her. "My fellow brothers and sisters, faithful ilk of the Shadowbinder, I command you on my lady's behalf! Gather all supplies that you may find around this Forum! Food, metals and other materials! We shall be prepared for any attack!" Her way of speaking was formal and almost ancient. Necromancy, as well as commanding her numerous fleets of soldiers, was determined on impressing and intimidating her fellow commanders and her underlings. She moved her long claws around as wisps of pink magic danced around her long talons. That too, was for showing off.
she/he/they | fr + 3
Icewarden
I started to try to explain my usage of 'floofybun', but gave up. "Forget about it," I growled. "The... other... name for Tundra, just to be clear, not our battle plans." Show off, I grumbled silently as I watched pink magic curl around Necromancy's talons. "We should also get on good terms with dragons from the Trading Post. We could offer to take all of that poor little Tundra, Pinkerton's items off his hands. That should be plenty of useful materials."
Icewarden
I started to try to explain my usage of 'floofybun', but gave up. "Forget about it," I growled. "The... other... name for Tundra, just to be clear, not our battle plans." Show off, I grumbled silently as I watched pink magic curl around Necromancy's talons. "We should also get on good terms with dragons from the Trading Post. We could offer to take all of that poor little Tundra, Pinkerton's items off his hands. That should be plenty of useful materials."
((can i still join?)) Dragon Name:Shintoor Appearance:[img]http://i.imgur.com/jdh0Wn0.png[/img] Side on War: Lightweaver (flight Lightning) Role: Mercenary Leader
((can i still join?))
Dragon Name:Shintoor
Appearance:jdh0Wn0.png
Side on War: Lightweaver (flight Lightning)
Role: Mercenary Leader
5 hours behind FR time
qGWBl5V.png
og4GR.gif
eFThN.gif
@cynicalsp3ctre I'll add your character shortly! Hop in!
@cynicalsp3ctre I'll add your character shortly! Hop in!
@Heyman

((Could I join :D?? This looks awesome ):D How many characters can you have?
@Heyman

((Could I join :D?? This looks awesome ):D How many characters can you have?
rPflwkH.png
@Sillywinter Of course! You're allowed to have as many characters as you can keep up with
@Sillywinter Of course! You're allowed to have as many characters as you can keep up with
@Heyman This sounds really fun. I love roleplays that have to do with my flight :) Dragon Name: Nightglow Appearance: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22107983] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/221080/22107983_350.png[/img] [/url] Side on War: Shadowbinder Role: Soldier Nightglow may be an Ice dragon, but he was the one that led his clan to follow the Shadowbinder. Everywhere on him glows, and along with his frills the glowing stripes and the bauble on his head convey his feelings. He is quite clever and calm, but sometimes a bit harsh and brutally honest. I have a question. For this next dragon, he serves the Shadowbinder and was born into her flight, but he looks a lot like a Light dragon. Can he be a spy? Dragon Name: Fallon Appearance: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17164271] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/171643/17164271_350.png[/img] [/url] Side on War: Shadowbinder Role: Soldier, spy...? Fallon is a bit short-tempered, but he is a skilled healer. Dragon Name: Captor Appearance: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23107765] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/231078/23107765_350.png[/img] [/url] Side on War: Shadowbinder Role: Soldier Captor is very shy, anxious, and quiet, but he is great at stalking.
@Heyman
This sounds really fun. I love roleplays that have to do with my flight :)

Dragon Name: Nightglow
Appearance:

22107983_350.png

Side on War: Shadowbinder
Role: Soldier
Nightglow may be an Ice dragon, but he was the one that led his clan to follow the Shadowbinder. Everywhere on him glows, and along with his frills the glowing stripes and the bauble on his head convey his feelings. He is quite clever and calm, but sometimes a bit harsh and brutally honest.

I have a question. For this next dragon, he serves the Shadowbinder and was born into her flight, but he looks a lot like a Light dragon. Can he be a spy?
Dragon Name: Fallon
Appearance:

17164271_350.png

Role: Soldier, spy...?
Fallon is a bit short-tempered, but he is a skilled healer.

Dragon Name: Captor
Appearance:

23107765_350.png

Role: Soldier
Captor is very shy, anxious, and quiet, but he is great at stalking.
kawaii_pastel_star_divider_by_miemie_chan3-d4e9j1k.gif
call me taro
he/him and pi/pika | fr time | art shop
kawaii_pastel_star_divider_by_miemie_chan3-d4e9j1k.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6