Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Catastrophe [private with Domeside]
1 2
Castar stared at the itty bitty fluffy kitty. Gemni would love that, she thought, and made a mental note to tell her mate later about the fluffbol who apparently did work around this clan.

Speaking of which, that was the second time Alma had mentioned this mysterious project head or leader or whoever. Castar did her best to stop shivering, watched the cat run out of the room, and then blinked at Alma.

"Supposedly? Haven't you ever seen your own clan leader? Adorable kitty, by the way." Hey, she couldn't resist. That cat was just too darn adorable.
Castar stared at the itty bitty fluffy kitty. Gemni would love that, she thought, and made a mental note to tell her mate later about the fluffbol who apparently did work around this clan.

Speaking of which, that was the second time Alma had mentioned this mysterious project head or leader or whoever. Castar did her best to stop shivering, watched the cat run out of the room, and then blinked at Alma.

"Supposedly? Haven't you ever seen your own clan leader? Adorable kitty, by the way." Hey, she couldn't resist. That cat was just too darn adorable.
TTbPXX8.png
"Her name's Camille. Apparently she belongs to Joyce. Over half the clan's never seen Joyce before. She had some sort of a run-in with a wendigo before and holed herself up in some secret corner of the institute. The heads of the departments claim she's alive somewhere in here, but I don't buy into that. My brother claims he saw her slinking about once, but that's definitely just Hubert being Hubert."

Alma stretched nonchalantly, rolling her wings. "Don't worry about it, though. Leader or not, we'll get someone out to your place."
"Her name's Camille. Apparently she belongs to Joyce. Over half the clan's never seen Joyce before. She had some sort of a run-in with a wendigo before and holed herself up in some secret corner of the institute. The heads of the departments claim she's alive somewhere in here, but I don't buy into that. My brother claims he saw her slinking about once, but that's definitely just Hubert being Hubert."

Alma stretched nonchalantly, rolling her wings. "Don't worry about it, though. Leader or not, we'll get someone out to your place."
Why don't they go searching for her? Castar wonders, but refrains from asking. It's not really her business, after all, and she's not going to alienate the clan that could help her own.

Of course, that line of thought brought her mind right back to the Starflame clearing, where a bunch of dragons were still running around scared. She fidgeted with her pearl some more and tried to change the subject.

"I... thank you," she said again, then glanced around the hall. "Uh... how long did it take you guys to build this?"
Why don't they go searching for her? Castar wonders, but refrains from asking. It's not really her business, after all, and she's not going to alienate the clan that could help her own.

Of course, that line of thought brought her mind right back to the Starflame clearing, where a bunch of dragons were still running around scared. She fidgeted with her pearl some more and tried to change the subject.

"I... thank you," she said again, then glanced around the hall. "Uh... how long did it take you guys to build this?"
TTbPXX8.png
"It was found. Wytai, Anniu, Zenosyne, and Joyce converted the place and set up the defenses. My mom carved out the rest of it" She tensed at the faint sound of pawsteps. "Ah. That's probably Wytai-" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30599257] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/305993/30599257_350.png[/img] [/url] It was not. "T-Thomasin!" Alma squeaked. "What are you doing up here?" The Wildclaw peered down at her silently. Camille padded behind the ominous drakka, looking quite proud of herself. "I was sent to help." Thomasin said, voice soft, quiet, and lyrical. "But-!" "Your mentor sent me." The Wildclaw turned her head toward Castar, silently eyeing her up and down. "I hear you're having a problem with sensory magic...?"
"It was found. Wytai, Anniu, Zenosyne, and Joyce converted the place and set up the defenses. My mom carved out the rest of it"

She tensed at the faint sound of pawsteps. "Ah. That's probably Wytai-"

30599257_350.png

It was not.

"T-Thomasin!" Alma squeaked. "What are you doing up here?"

The Wildclaw peered down at her silently. Camille padded behind the ominous drakka, looking quite proud of herself.

"I was sent to help." Thomasin said, voice soft, quiet, and lyrical.

"But-!"

"Your mentor sent me." The Wildclaw turned her head toward Castar, silently eyeing her up and down. "I hear you're having a problem with sensory magic...?"
Alma seemed rather nervous around Thomasin, or whatever this Wildclaw's name was. Castar wondered what was going on there, then shook off the thought and explained the mass illusions as she'd explained it to Alma.

"It might even be self-sustaining, I don't know," she added. "Arafel - the Fae whose powers are going awry - is pulling from one of the more willful ley lines in Arcane, and I can even feel it from here, so I'm not quite sure that she'll be able to stop it. I don't know what to do, so I thought you guys might be able to help."

And then she noticed the kitty. Aaaah, kitty. Her claws itched to pet the kitty. She refrained, but her gaze lingered on Camille for a few seconds longer than necessary.
Alma seemed rather nervous around Thomasin, or whatever this Wildclaw's name was. Castar wondered what was going on there, then shook off the thought and explained the mass illusions as she'd explained it to Alma.

"It might even be self-sustaining, I don't know," she added. "Arafel - the Fae whose powers are going awry - is pulling from one of the more willful ley lines in Arcane, and I can even feel it from here, so I'm not quite sure that she'll be able to stop it. I don't know what to do, so I thought you guys might be able to help."

And then she noticed the kitty. Aaaah, kitty. Her claws itched to pet the kitty. She refrained, but her gaze lingered on Camille for a few seconds longer than necessary.
TTbPXX8.png
Thomasin tilted her head. "I may be able to help, but I guarantee nothing until I feel it for myself."

"You can't!" Alma protested. "You're not supposed to leave the-!"

"I have direct permission from your mistress. I am to accompany you and our guest back to the site of the incident and assist in any way I can."

"Wytai-"

"Has sent me up with this." Thomasin said coolly, handing Alma a note.

Alma scanned it, tail flicking anxiously. That was definitely the Skydancer's handwriting...

"....And....I'm going with?"

"That's what it says."

Alma sighed. "Alright...I guess..."
Thomasin tilted her head. "I may be able to help, but I guarantee nothing until I feel it for myself."

"You can't!" Alma protested. "You're not supposed to leave the-!"

"I have direct permission from your mistress. I am to accompany you and our guest back to the site of the incident and assist in any way I can."

"Wytai-"

"Has sent me up with this." Thomasin said coolly, handing Alma a note.

Alma scanned it, tail flicking anxiously. That was definitely the Skydancer's handwriting...

"....And....I'm going with?"

"That's what it says."

Alma sighed. "Alright...I guess..."
Castar definitely sensed some tension between these two, but her social skills basically came down to laughing things off, so she just tried her best not to look uncomfortable. Hopefully Thomasin and Alma could help her clan no matter how much they disliked each other.

"So.... when are we leaving?" she asked tentatively, still staring at Camille.
Castar definitely sensed some tension between these two, but her social skills basically came down to laughing things off, so she just tried her best not to look uncomfortable. Hopefully Thomasin and Alma could help her clan no matter how much they disliked each other.

"So.... when are we leaving?" she asked tentatively, still staring at Camille.
TTbPXX8.png
(Sorry about the slow reply, I've been super busy the past two days)

"As soon as you're willing." Thomasin replied. Alma ducked behind Castar slightly, trying to avoid the Wildcalw's gaze, but nodded in agreement.
(Sorry about the slow reply, I've been super busy the past two days)

"As soon as you're willing." Thomasin replied. Alma ducked behind Castar slightly, trying to avoid the Wildcalw's gaze, but nodded in agreement.
((Same and same, school's annoying **))

"As soon as you are," Castar immediately said, and with one last glance at the cat (such fluff!!!!!) she stepped backwards, towards the door. "It's sorta hidden in the middle of the Strand, so you're definitely going to need a guide... Unless her magic has grown and you can feel it outside our wards."
((Same and same, school's annoying **))

"As soon as you are," Castar immediately said, and with one last glance at the cat (such fluff!!!!!) she stepped backwards, towards the door. "It's sorta hidden in the middle of the Strand, so you're definitely going to need a guide... Unless her magic has grown and you can feel it outside our wards."
TTbPXX8.png
1 2