Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Weird pronunciations as a kid?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="Arinna" date=2017-04-06 09:08:32] I used to think the name 'Sean' was pronounced like 'seen'. :/ [/quote] Wait, it's not? then how is it pronounced...? also does mean Dean isn't "deen"????? [s]oh god i'm 18 i should know these things[/s] edit: and Seamus? is that not "seem-us"???????????
Arinna wrote on 2017-04-06:
I used to think the name 'Sean' was pronounced like 'seen'. :/
Wait, it's not? then how is it pronounced...?
also does mean Dean isn't "deen"?????
oh god i'm 18 i should know these things
edit: and Seamus? is that not "seem-us"???????????
he/they
Deity as "Die-uh-ty"

I used to pronounce "th" and s's the same (both pronounced as th)
This resulted in confusion as to weather I was talking about my step mom Kathy or friend Cassy
Deity as "Die-uh-ty"

I used to pronounce "th" and s's the same (both pronounced as th)
This resulted in confusion as to weather I was talking about my step mom Kathy or friend Cassy
Palama instead of llama
Idjit instead of idiot*
Seagows instead of seagulls
Bowlcrap instead of bullcrap
Bafrigerator instead of refrigerator
Twinklestars instead of fireworks

*Apparently when I was really little, I went through a phase where I was calling literally everything an idiot. Idiot cat, idiot books, idiot mom, etc. My mom told me that it was rude to say idiot so I, being a tiny smartass, decided to start calling everything an idjit instead.

"But mooooom, I'm not saying idiot anymore!"

Palama instead of llama
Idjit instead of idiot*
Seagows instead of seagulls
Bowlcrap instead of bullcrap
Bafrigerator instead of refrigerator
Twinklestars instead of fireworks

*Apparently when I was really little, I went through a phase where I was calling literally everything an idiot. Idiot cat, idiot books, idiot mom, etc. My mom told me that it was rude to say idiot so I, being a tiny smartass, decided to start calling everything an idjit instead.

"But mooooom, I'm not saying idiot anymore!"

@TwistieSoprano

My mom pronounces Your Dragon Junko as Jugko xD

PS: My sister USED to call cinderella cindebella
@TwistieSoprano

My mom pronounces Your Dragon Junko as Jugko xD

PS: My sister USED to call cinderella cindebella
I would call potatoes... PoCAKEco's. My Aunt still teases me about it to this day. "Pass the Pocakeco's pwease" UGHHHHH
I would call potatoes... PoCAKEco's. My Aunt still teases me about it to this day. "Pass the Pocakeco's pwease" UGHHHHH
Or perhaps in Slytherin, you'll make real friends
I used to pronounce "caterpillar" as "cat-ah-pil-ar" and it was really adorable.
I used to pronounce "caterpillar" as "cat-ah-pil-ar" and it was really adorable.
triangle c e (for ace hardware)
triangle c e (for ace hardware)
always lurking. g1 collector
373.gif401.gif
In 3rd grade, when I started Harry Potter, I couldn't pronounce Hermione's name until my mom told me...
In 3rd grade, when I started Harry Potter, I couldn't pronounce Hermione's name until my mom told me...
A pink recolor of the hydrena watertoy. Click here to see my current avatar dragon!
My username is W1F1N1GHTM4R3, there are no vowels (only numbers), so if you don't think you can spell it properly, just copy+paste it please!

Current Project: pjsekai fandragon outfits
[quote name="@Rib" date=2017-04-03 10:22:42] I used to say tuesday like chewsday [/quote] You're not suppose to say it that way??? ------------ I pronounce 'blood' as 'blud' and still do, not gonna change I think I mispronounced a few more others, just that i cant remember
@Rib wrote on 2017-04-03:
I used to say tuesday like chewsday
You're not suppose to say it that way???

I pronounce 'blood' as 'blud' and still do, not gonna change
I think I mispronounced a few more others, just that i cant remember
ckoudy.png -
ALPH PHRUSSIA He/him | FR+15
 » About me
 » Accent Shop
@StellarWing

Sean and Seamus are of Irish origin so the Sea is pronounced Shay.
I was also confused. D: Watching Jacksepticeye eventually confirmed it for me, though.
Dean is just Deen!
@StellarWing

Sean and Seamus are of Irish origin so the Sea is pronounced Shay.
I was also confused. D: Watching Jacksepticeye eventually confirmed it for me, though.
Dean is just Deen!
FR_Sig_LightningElektra.pngFR_Sig_BlastersBassdrive.pngStormheart.gifFR_Sig_SpaceFractal.pngFR_Sig_G1sSkyfall.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7