Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Freaky bird!
1 2 3 4
i have heron who lives in my yard, I think its a green heron. well, under my neighbors sea grape tree that is more in my yard than his. I should take pics for you all apparently.
i have heron who lives in my yard, I think its a green heron. well, under my neighbors sea grape tree that is more in my yard than his. I should take pics for you all apparently.
[quote name="FalconRex121" date=2017-03-31 13:10:04] Not to be That Guy but I really don't understand why everyone's freaking out all the time about green herons? Feathers, man. You wanna freaky bird man look up hoatzin [/quote]I believe you mean fascinating birds. Nobody knows how to classify them, they have four stomachs like a cow because they eat leaves, and the chicks have [i]Archaeopteryx[/i] claws on their wings! [s]I'm considering making my fursona a hoatzin so I'm rather defensive of them[/s]
FalconRex121 wrote on 2017-03-31:
Not to be That Guy but I really don't understand why everyone's freaking out all the time about green herons? Feathers, man. You wanna freaky bird man look up hoatzin
I believe you mean fascinating birds. Nobody knows how to classify them, they have four stomachs like a cow because they eat leaves, and the chicks have Archaeopteryx claws on their wings!

I'm considering making my fursona a hoatzin so I'm rather defensive of them
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
[quote name="@Ankokou" date=2017-03-31 16:12:25] Watching people ponder a normal bird and meanwhile I'm all "WAIT, you can take a picture through binoculars!?" That's really neat.[/quote] It is hard and takes a steady hand! I can also get pics through telescopes and microscopes! It's tough but like, really rewarding results! Thanks though!
@Ankokou wrote on 2017-03-31:
Watching people ponder a normal bird and meanwhile I'm all "WAIT, you can take a picture through binoculars!?" That's really neat.
It is hard and takes a steady hand! I can also get pics through telescopes and microscopes! It's tough but like, really rewarding results!

Thanks though!
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
I love him
I love him
[img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/gvdf5n-zI14/maxresdefault.jpg[/img]
maxresdefault.jpg
nyoom nyoom
nyoom nyoom
WDPocj4.png
@Trafa1garLaw

he tol
@Trafa1garLaw

he tol
mby23.gif • +9 FR, She/Her, all mirror clan (2 exceptions,,,,, *shakes fists at aberrations*)
• I collect Mossy Cerdae's (930) and Cerdae Sparkle (17.8k). (Updated 2022-08-28)
Fixing up my lair
Like 3 of mine, I like 10 of yours!
100.gif
also look at this thing [img]http://i.imgur.com/ZGAilFr.gif[/img] why do they do this? [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/carnilia/randomgifs/tumblr_m7swmtmv7n1rn95k2o1_250_zps880b4a1e.gif[/img]
also look at this thing

ZGAilFr.gif

why do they do this?

tumblr_m7swmtmv7n1rn95k2o1_250_zps880b4a1e.gif
mby23.gif • +9 FR, She/Her, all mirror clan (2 exceptions,,,,, *shakes fists at aberrations*)
• I collect Mossy Cerdae's (930) and Cerdae Sparkle (17.8k). (Updated 2022-08-28)
Fixing up my lair
Like 3 of mine, I like 10 of yours!
100.gif
@RottingFlesh
It's a type of Bird of Paradise. I forgot since I haven't read about them in a long time, but it was either to scare away predator or attract a mate with boastful patterns like a peacock. I think it was the latter.
@RottingFlesh
It's a type of Bird of Paradise. I forgot since I haven't read about them in a long time, but it was either to scare away predator or attract a mate with boastful patterns like a peacock. I think it was the latter.

2m7ddvs.png
@RottingFlesh If you're seriously asking they do it to be sexy. There aren't many lady superb birds of paradise so the males have to have fantastic dance moves to get a mate. Some even scrub the dance floor with branches before they start.
That other bird in the gif is a female superb bird of paradise :D She wasn't impressed with that particular bird.
@RottingFlesh If you're seriously asking they do it to be sexy. There aren't many lady superb birds of paradise so the males have to have fantastic dance moves to get a mate. Some even scrub the dance floor with branches before they start.
That other bird in the gif is a female superb bird of paradise :D She wasn't impressed with that particular bird.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
1 2 3 4