Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Salted Earth (In-Character Play)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Mistwing608
@AardRinn

Zaydin glances to the other person from the ship. He is good with names. Eleneth is hers. She is the only person in the tavern that he is even remotely familiar with, even though all of their interactions so far have only been in passing. He keeps looking to her, unsure if she would tolerate his presence, hoping he can have some sort of familiarity while in this strange town. His glances are awkward, and he shifts his weight back and forth, unsure of how to proceed.
@Mistwing608
@AardRinn

Zaydin glances to the other person from the ship. He is good with names. Eleneth is hers. She is the only person in the tavern that he is even remotely familiar with, even though all of their interactions so far have only been in passing. He keeps looking to her, unsure if she would tolerate his presence, hoping he can have some sort of familiarity while in this strange town. His glances are awkward, and he shifts his weight back and forth, unsure of how to proceed.
4rrkV.gifWOlGr.gif9YoKu.gifluqOZ.gifsorkworm.gifwenierfish.giftumblr_o2vorcGpWV1uvmfw1o3_r1_75sq.pngtumblr_o4s6zdZMYI1vpwe7to1_75sq.pnghicat.gifwECxk.gifZ0JQD.gifkMMHO.gif
Liir smiles. "Excellent. You see, my issue is this. My wife has chosen to take the lead on this case - as well she should - but I have agents of my own in this city, and reason to suspect that one or more members of the Mage Guard may be implicated in this case. I fear they may be able to use their influence to block her investigation." He sighs. "You see, the reason that we ourselves didn't detect the artifact in question as soon as it entered our waters is that it's bearer carried a second magical artifact - one native to the Howe. It's called a torc - a metal collar of sorts. It's designed to shield magics from the Howe's wards specifically." He sketches out the general shape of the object with his hands - a horseshoe-like shape, almost, curving around and curling inward to fit around a neck. "There are four of them in existance. My wife wears one - another was gifted to a mage who has long been a friend to us and the city. The third currently rests in my wife's office, under heavy guard - it and it's twin are occassionally leant out to powerful mages who prefer to take care of their business in secret. It's cheaper and easier than having them damage the wards to get their privacy. The fourth was on loan to just such a sorcerer. He was attacked and killed by thugs last week, and the torc stolen - nothing else." Liir turns his gaze back to Seven, eyes keen. "If we find the torc, we find the artifact - or, at least, we follow it's path into the city. I would like you, and whatever sort of team you might be able to round up, to go and seek out the men who killed Urlugaster - the sorcerer - and find out who commissioned his death. I'll see you rewarded handsomely for your troubles - and, of course, you'll get that mark off your hand." @RoseyVaporeon Atropos heads back up to the main level, and sees that the room has slowly emptied out - the elf Seven is gone, and so is the barbarian. Eleneth is sitting at a little table in the corner, and the wizard (Zaydin?) is eyeing her, as if he wants to go talk to her. @f6e [quote]I'd say just go for it mate - standing around awkwardly isn't going to get you anywhere fast! Usually it's best to just approach someone (PCs especially) and talk, even if it wouldn't ordinarily be your character's first inclination - otherwise, you don't give them anything to build the next chunk of story off.[/quote]
Liir smiles. "Excellent. You see, my issue is this. My wife has chosen to take the lead on this case - as well she should - but I have agents of my own in this city, and reason to suspect that one or more members of the Mage Guard may be implicated in this case. I fear they may be able to use their influence to block her investigation."

He sighs. "You see, the reason that we ourselves didn't detect the artifact in question as soon as it entered our waters is that it's bearer carried a second magical artifact - one native to the Howe. It's called a torc - a metal collar of sorts. It's designed to shield magics from the Howe's wards specifically."

He sketches out the general shape of the object with his hands - a horseshoe-like shape, almost, curving around and curling inward to fit around a neck.

"There are four of them in existance. My wife wears one - another was gifted to a mage who has long been a friend to us and the city. The third currently rests in my wife's office, under heavy guard - it and it's twin are occassionally leant out to powerful mages who prefer to take care of their business in secret. It's cheaper and easier than having them damage the wards to get their privacy. The fourth was on loan to just such a sorcerer. He was attacked and killed by thugs last week, and the torc stolen - nothing else."

Liir turns his gaze back to Seven, eyes keen. "If we find the torc, we find the artifact - or, at least, we follow it's path into the city. I would like you, and whatever sort of team you might be able to round up, to go and seek out the men who killed Urlugaster - the sorcerer - and find out who commissioned his death. I'll see you rewarded handsomely for your troubles - and, of course, you'll get that mark off your hand."

@RoseyVaporeon

Atropos heads back up to the main level, and sees that the room has slowly emptied out - the elf Seven is gone, and so is the barbarian. Eleneth is sitting at a little table in the corner, and the wizard (Zaydin?) is eyeing her, as if he wants to go talk to her.

@f6e
Quote:
I'd say just go for it mate - standing around awkwardly isn't going to get you anywhere fast! Usually it's best to just approach someone (PCs especially) and talk, even if it wouldn't ordinarily be your character's first inclination - otherwise, you don't give them anything to build the next chunk of story off.
bogsneak_by_aard_rinn-daifo9q.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7