Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Auction House - Revamped!
OH MY GOODNESS GOLLY GOSH DIDDLY YOU GUYS
OH MY GOODNESS GOLLY GOSH DIDDLY YOU GUYS
iZBk3Io.png
Pls check out my art shop
2yGTNC2.png
Yes! Now I can browse the AH easier
Yes! Now I can browse the AH easier
I have Shame humanity and put us all in Agony because of my Dream!
(Big thanks for the Quote to MythGriffin24)
agony_copy_by_scorpius02-d8cdlsm.pngshame_by_scorpius02-d8cdm6f.png
Sort by unit pricing: awesome!
Search by dragon age: awesome!
Search by color range: awesome!
Replacing all the AJAX requests with GET requests, forcing an entire page reload every time you do anything: DEAR GOD WHY?????

Seriously, this is super annoying. This makes major slowdowns whenever I'm scrolling through pages to buy stuff, or when I'm selling many things at once, since I have to wait for the whole website to reload before I can move on. This adds extra strain to both the client AND the server, so I'm not really sure who this benefits. And of course, this is a much bigger issue for people who have slower internet. I really like all the new added features... but this was just a seriously bad programming decision, I think.
Sort by unit pricing: awesome!
Search by dragon age: awesome!
Search by color range: awesome!
Replacing all the AJAX requests with GET requests, forcing an entire page reload every time you do anything: DEAR GOD WHY?????

Seriously, this is super annoying. This makes major slowdowns whenever I'm scrolling through pages to buy stuff, or when I'm selling many things at once, since I have to wait for the whole website to reload before I can move on. This adds extra strain to both the client AND the server, so I'm not really sure who this benefits. And of course, this is a much bigger issue for people who have slower internet. I really like all the new added features... but this was just a seriously bad programming decision, I think.
@Jekanth
The difference is that the seller can list the item as well as the price wanted and the buyer can then grab it without the confirmation step. It should be especially useful for conquest pushes.

Also, unlike with crossroads, when you list an auction, the item is removed from your inventory or made unavailable in the case of dragons and it won't let you list a dragon that's on a nest, has a familiar, apparel, skin, etc.
@Jekanth
The difference is that the seller can list the item as well as the price wanted and the buyer can then grab it without the confirmation step. It should be especially useful for conquest pushes.

Also, unlike with crossroads, when you list an auction, the item is removed from your inventory or made unavailable in the case of dragons and it won't let you list a dragon that's on a nest, has a familiar, apparel, skin, etc.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
@Ryodan
Currently if you block somebody, you can't see or buy their listings and they can't see or buy yours. It's a fairly major issue since pricing information should be visible to everyone.
@Ryodan
Currently if you block somebody, you can't see or buy their listings and they can't see or buy yours. It's a fairly major issue since pricing information should be visible to everyone.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
and you still can't look at auctions by a specific user. disappointing, that's something I was hoping would happen in the update. Like, if you're buying food and you find someone with a decent priced stack, it would be nice to be able to see what else they have listed.
and you still can't look at auctions by a specific user. disappointing, that's something I was hoping would happen in the update. Like, if you're buying food and you find someone with a decent priced stack, it would be nice to be able to see what else they have listed.
@Ygdrasill, I posted a few times [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2128431/16#post_26243472]in this thread[/url] as well. I was posting in this news thread hoping one of the admins would reply since blocking isn't mentioned in the news post at all, as far as I could see. Hmm. [quote=BlakeLupa]It is just more clicks required to get the same place as before :( [/quote] Yup. More clicks and more scrolling.
@Ygdrasill,
I posted a few times in this thread as well.
I was posting in this news thread hoping one of the admins would reply since blocking isn't mentioned in the news post at all, as far as I could see. Hmm.

BlakeLupa wrote:
It is just more clicks required to get the same place as before :(
Yup. More clicks and more scrolling.
omg coli searches YES

so glad to see this is ready to be played with now :D
omg coli searches YES

so glad to see this is ready to be played with now :D
tumblr_inline_njviw527Mu1qg2i5p.png
YAy. IT HAS ARRIVED.
YAy. IT HAS ARRIVED.
She/Her

plague_banner.png
+ Pinging OK, Chill, I play to enjoy cute, funny Dergs and admire other's creativity.
I cannot possibly express how awesome I think this update is! Kudos, it's a WONDERFUL change! Thank you!

~Quaggy
I cannot possibly express how awesome I think this update is! Kudos, it's a WONDERFUL change! Thank you!

~Quaggy